God of War Saga $29.99 Pre-order Newegg Free Ship

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261396

$29.99 No Tax (For Most) Free Shipping.

Release Date: 8/28/2012

Sony just announced this morning a Retail price of $39.99.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

God of War Saga Includes:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) (PSN Voucher Code)
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection).

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Oh okay, thanks for the reply. I do like the overall cover art they posted:

7707117356_62b8de04da_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Anything with comically oversized animal gloves is worth buying for 30 bucks I think. Thanks for the heads up op - if anyone is interested in trading up/sideways/etc and considers Amazon spacebucks as good as cash, Amazon still has decent tivs for the games included (GoW Coll = ~$13, GoWIII = ~$11, GoW Orig = ~$16).

I get the feeling this is a mistake but hell, I'm in. It'll be nice to save some space!:D

EDIT* They have the inFamous Collection too but that's $40. This has to be a price mistake.

[quote name='pdjones']Is this worth if it I already own the Origins collection?[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess I'd say you could get about $10-$12 selling the download voucher on eBay and end up getting the trilogy for about $20 when all is said and done.

As a relatively new PS3 owner, this makes me happy. I've missed so many games and hope more collections come out. I was going to buy GOW3 @BB but luckily they were out. Now I just need to get the MGS collection (played most of the main serires though), Ratchet and Clank (never played), Uncharted Dual Pack and i should be set. Keep it up sony!:applause:

Also, when does New Egg charge?

I went ahead and pre-ordered. I have GOW:Collections and Origin Collections, but to trade them in means GOWIII + bonuses & 1 month PS+ costs me $0.30. Biggest thing making me debate this is the downgrade for Origins Collection from being disc version to DL. Can always cancel the preorder.

For those saying to play them in chronological order......my problem with this is the, um, 'newer' ones play better more than likely so you might feel a downgrade than playing them via release date. Just saying this from experience. I played gears of war in reverse order and that was a terrible experience.

I'm confused. Are all 5 games on one disc or separate discs or are the PSP versions downloadable only? A lot of different information in this thread.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If only they re-did the other 3 in 3D...

I might consider this if Best Buy or GameStop lists it for this price.[/QUOTE]
I wish so too. I am craving for 3D because I'm finally getting 3D glasses after a year for my Panny. Meh, it's fine I guess as many other great games are in 3D.

[quote name='Kendro']I'm confused. Are all 5 games on one disc or separate discs or are the PSP versions downloadable only? A lot of different information in this thread.[/QUOTE]

2 discs and a code.
These on discs,
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-collection/75861
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-iii/1499
and this is a code.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-origins-collection/91461

EDIT: Just thought of something that might be confusing. The code is for a full PS3 game download. Even though it is 2 PSP games, you cannot play them on a PSP/Go/Vita, only PS3 consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up CoO and GoS for the PSP. I purchased both from BB. The purchase was part of the $10 promo for ordering online and picking up in-store. Does anyone know if there will be a problem returning the games. I already used my promo code. Both games are still sealed.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I wish so too. I am craving for 3D because I'm finally getting 3D glasses after a year for my Panny. Meh, it's fine I guess as many other great games are in 3D.[/QUOTE]

I got the Vizio 42" 3D HDTV for $313(some got it for under $300) during Target's mid year TV clearance thanks to SD. Passive, I can use the theater glasses, and it has a 2-sided remote! For some reason, those rechargeable glasses creep me out. If you waited that long for glasses, you could look into Target for additional pairs(after the ones you're getting, now...) in January or February(whenever the next clearance is) as they had rechargeable glasses on sale, too. Also, possibly sell yours and get a passive 1? Just a thought.

let's all submit this to amazon I for one would rather burn thru my gift cards instead of spending cash

edit: I take that back amazon doesn't even have it listed yet... damn slackers

[quote name='rpmboy']2 discs and a code.
These on discs,
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-collection/75861
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-iii/1499
and this is a code.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-origins-collection/91461

EDIT: Just thought of something that might be confusing. The code is for a full PS3 game download. Even though it is 2 PSP games, you cannot play them on a PSP/Go/Vita, only PS3 consoles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. And thanks OP. Too good of a deal to pass up.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I got the Vizio 42" 3D HDTV for $313(some got it for under $300) during Target's mid year TV clearance thanks to SD. Passive, I can use the theater glasses, and it has a 2-sided remote! For some reason, those rechargeable glasses creep me out. If you waited that long for glasses, you could look into Target for additional pairs(after the ones you're getting, now...) in January or February(whenever the next clearance is) as they had rechargeable glasses on sale, too. Also, possibly sell yours and get a passive 1? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
Well, see yours is passive. Mine is active. I like passive's concept better, but active provides the full resolution and isn't halfed. I got the Panasonic 50ST30 series.

I found some active glasses made from a 3rd party company, SainSonic, for just $22 bucks. They should arrive next week.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Well, see yours is passive. Mine is active. I like passive's concept better, but active provides the full resolution and isn't halfed. I got the Panasonic 50ST30 series.

I found some active glasses made from a 3rd party company, SainSonic, for just $22 bucks. They should arrive next week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've read the battles over the 'halving' of the resolution. Mine is Crystal Clear:D, so I don't think about that.

[quote name='Rockinjs']let's all submit this to amazon I for one would rather burn thru my gift cards instead of spending cash

edit: I take that back amazon doesn't even have it listed yet... damn slackers[/QUOTE]

Only God of War games I have is the God of War Collection which I paid $10 for on Black Friday a few years ago. Amazon has a trade back on that for $13 which means I could technically get all the games for $17. Long story short....I'd love to see this on Amazon for that price.

[quote name='FerDK']This is the chronological order, and I totally recommend you to follow it:
1.- GoW Chains of Olympus
2.- GoW I
3.- GoW Ghost of Sparta
4.- GoW II
5.- GoW III[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was just about to ask what order I should play them in. Also I would like to see this deal on Amazon or Best Buy.

Wow, one day earlier and this could have been a killer deal with the $10 off preorder code. I will still take this at $10 off. Is Newegg good at honoring pricing errors if this is one on their part?

I already have GoW Collection and GoW 3...should I get this and trade those away, or just hope origins drops in price? I really would rather have them on disk.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I want to bite so bad, but I'll wait..... black friday :pray:[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking my friend....I really would love to play god of war 3 again and the ghost of sparta and chains of olympus games (never played either) but I'll be so busy with Darksiders 2 and Fall of Cybertron so this will make a nice 10-20 dollar purchase over black friday

Just pre-ordered it. Thanks op. Newegg will have all my gaming money this year AND next with all these pre-orders.

In for 1 at this price. I'll sell my GoW3 to Amazon for $10 bucks before this deal comes out. I can see the individual used prices dipping further once this saga arrives.

One thing to keep in mind guys.. If you plan on getting the Ratchet & Clank collection, you can order that and GoW saga in the same order and they will ship together since they release the same day. 8 games for $59.98 is just unbeatable. Especially when they are 2 of Sony's best series'.

I've only beaten 3 and I sold it a while back so I preordered. I might still cancel though, I'm not too keen on adding a backlog game.

If I get birthday cash in a few weeks, this is mine. Too broke to buy it myself, but great timing. I've played through them all by release date, but would love another playthrough in chronological order. I kinda wish they made a PSmini out of Betrayal and include it. The most fun I've ever had with a mobile game.

Gonna go ahead and preorder this. I've only ever had God of War 1 for PS2 many many years ago, but used it as trade fodder. Even then I never really played it at all. And have wanted to for a while

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Cool, but the origins collection is download only, which will probably prevent me from buying this.[/QUOTE]

Damn, thanks for posting this, saved me some money :D

[quote name='SnoochyBoochiez']Yet another reason why New Jersey is such a horrible state.[/QUOTE]

Meh look on the bright side, you still have Wendy Williams.... and the Jersey Shore crew!

Making the God of War origin games downloadable (probably to kill resale value of the package) is pretty lame.

I've never gotten around to buying any of the God of War games. This is less than the price I was waiting for on all of them. Never clicked "Purchase" so fast in my life.

[quote name='NedHead']Making the God of War origin games downloadable (probably to kill resale value of the package) is pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

While usually I would agree with you, in this case the price that they set is so good that to complain about resale value is a bit too much. You can't resale any of the Steam games, yet Steam does not lack for takers. This is the same situation. Would you rather pay $50 for this collection with all 5 games on the disk?
I also fully anticipate that the resale value of the previous releases of God of War will plummet with this sage release as many collectors would rush in to replace their older disks and consolidate all God of War games into one neat package. So you can always pick up Origins later on as a separate disk for cheap, never use the digital certificate and resale this game as new.

I'm tempted by this. I've never played any of the God of War games yet, and I can trade in my copy of the GoW collection for a pretty decent price. Might do it...

Really, really good deal. I already own these games, $30 for 5 excellent titles and bonus content? God of War ain't the best hack/slash out there, but it's definitely a great series.

Yea, it sucks that Origins is downloadable... but even so.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Still debating because I have 1-3, but I have 1 and 2 for PS2. Is the HD upgrade noticeable? And someone above said Origins wasn't a big download, which is one of the problems I had cuz I'm running out of space. Does anyone know the size? And does newegg charge right away or when it ships? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Didn't play any of the originals but I borrowed the I and II collection disc from my brother some time ago, and it appears pretty noticeable. The gameplay graphics have been upgraded but the cinematics are in the original resolution and it's quite a shock going from one to the other.

I want to get this, but I'd rather order from Amazon or Gamestop (have credit at both places). I can't find it even listed for sale on either site? It seems odd because it comes out in 3 weeks.

bread's done
Back