God of War Saga $29.99 Pre-order Newegg Free Ship

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261396

$29.99 No Tax (For Most) Free Shipping.

Release Date: 8/28/2012

Sony just announced this morning a Retail price of $39.99.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

God of War Saga Includes:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) (PSN Voucher Code)
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection).

[quote name='netscorer']While usually I would agree with you, in this case the price that they set is so good that to complain about resale value is a bit too much. You can't resale any of the Steam games, yet Steam does not lack for takers. This is the same situation. Would you rather pay $50 for this collection with all 5 games on the disk?[/QUOTE]

Yes, i would.
If sony wanted to go save money that badly, that should have released the GoW collection on PSN for $20.
or
Package the collection without a disc and only include a dlc code in the case (that is a horrible idea.. I better not give Sony any crazy ideas)

[quote name='netscorer']
I also fully anticipate that the resale value of the previous releases of God of War will plummet with this sage release as many collectors would rush in to replace their older disks and consolidate all God of War games into one neat package. So you can always pick up Origins later on as a separate disk for cheap, never use the digital certificate and resale this game as new.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Origins is the only GoW game I don't have (and it happens to be the one that is a psn code..ehhhh ).

[quote name='barrit']deal is dead now.[/QUOTE]

I already own all of these games on various PS3 discs, but I was still considering another purchase for collection and/or gift purposes.

Thanks for saving me $30, Newegg. Perhaps I'll buy if it reaches $20 new in a year or two.

Yeah, looks like they raised it up to $39.99 on Newegg. But if you placed your order you should be fine. I put Ratchet and Clank Collection in the same order just in case they were to try anything funny on me.

I was so close to ordering, but Origins isn't on the disc so no go. That's the only part of this I don't have. I'll wait for this to come out, then bUy Origins collection when the price drops on used copies at GS.

I'll get the Saga Collection for $30 (when it eventually drops during the holidays) and than buy Origins Collection for $10 below when everyone starts selling there copy on eBay.

I guess I missed the $30 deal. I have 1 and 2 on ps2 and 3. Don't have a working backwards compatible PS3 to play the first 2 again and have wanted to play Origins so I'll wait a bit longer

I love discs as much as the next guy, but it amazes me how many folks are hurt by the digital content. $30 is a great for 5 great games, no matter which way you cut it.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I love discs as much as the next guy, but it amazes me how many folks are hurt by the digital content. $30 is a great for 5 great games, no matter which way you cut it.[/QUOTE]

We're hurt because we can't trade our individual games in and rebuy with equal media and extra dlc content at no cost/profit. i know I am, had such high hopes for this package.

They are not giving us any reason to double/triple dip on GoW.

Of course I just finally picked up a PS3 beginning of July and got the God of War 1 & 2 collection and God of War III a couple weeks ago. I thought i read somewhere else that they are doing God of War III in 3D now. I wonder if it's going to be patched into the disc version of regular God Of War III. I'm only 1 level in so far and probably put my playthrough on hold for a bit till I get some clarification. If Origins was on disc would just trade in for credit and get this, but I'll wait and see.

[quote name='p0rn0saur']Of course I just finally picked up a PS3 beginning of July and got the God of War 1 & 2 collection and God of War III a couple weeks ago. I thought i read somewhere else that they are doing God of War III in 3D now. I wonder if it's going to be patched into the disc version of regular God Of War III. I'm only 1 level in so far and probably put my playthrough on hold for a bit till I get some clarification. If Origins was on disc would just trade in for credit and get this, but I'll wait and see.[/QUOTE]

GOW 3 in 3D was a typo/mistake. Only the GOW Origins Collection has 3d capability (and that is standard and not new for the Saga release).

[quote name='jaredstorm']I love discs as much as the next guy, but it amazes me how many folks are hurt by the digital content. $30 is a great for 5 great games, no matter which way you cut it.[/QUOTE]

I did pre-order this, but I think someone nailed it on the head earlier. It's the fact that they are mixing the release. They should either stick to all physical or all digital release. Just think if you purchased a movie/music collection and some of the CDs/DVDs had to be accessed digitally. It's not like you can't access that part of the collection, but it isn't exactly a complete physical or digital collection. Some people still have old NES cartridges they still play. What happens years from now when someone who grew up on this gens games wants to play them? I doubt they would still be accessible from the PSN that far down the road. It's just a big inconvenience really in my opinion.

I pre-ordered at $30 and I have never played a GoW game, so I just said screw it since that is a very good price. Later down the line when Origins is dirt cheap, I'll just buy that separately to have the collection in physical form.

Agree wholeheartedly. There are like zillions of physical copies of these games out there already, and they have little resale value (since almost everyone has them). There is no need for Sony to press discs of these games when the digital copies exist.

There's a lot of people on CAG who seem to have this weird fear of not being able to play a PSN/Xbox Live game in 75 years, as if they are going to amble out of their fallout shelter on crutches and want to fire these games up. So by gum, they MUST have a physical copy. In reality half of them will be out of gaming in five years and their games were pawned off by their mom. The other half will be too busy playing the next generation of games to give a crap about freaking Chains of Olympus being on a disc.

I'm a collector, I get that aspect of it. I have hundreds of games, sealed copies of games, rare imports, etc. And I do prefer to grab a physical copy if available. But I'm not going to pass up a good deal on a game that I actually want to PLAY just because it's a digital copy. People are going to eventually have to let it go, because the day is coming eventually when there won't be discs anymore. What are we really collecting anymore anyway? I open up games nowadays and there's no manual, not even an insert, just a disc in a cheap shoddy case (Vita, I'm looking at you). I miss the days of attractive boxes, a nice thick manual, maybe a mini-strategy guide... but we've got to let it go at some point.

[quote name='HitmanPham']I love how vita cases have a manual holder... you know in case they decide to include physical manuals someday -_____-[/QUOTE]

Seems like its more for the potential of holding ads or online passes.

[quote name='Kazuya']Agree wholeheartedly. There are like zillions of physical copies of these games out there already, and they have little resale value (since almost everyone has them). There is no need for Sony to press discs of these games when the digital copies exist.[/QUOTE]

I agree and that's kinda my point.. so they reprint 2 out of 3 discs? um ok :roll:

It just doesn't make sense. At least make a consistent collection being all digital or physical. It's this mix and match practice that gets annoying. I can understand if Origins never got a physical release in our region, but that isn't the case.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a big debate, but it would be nice if they kept things consistent. I'm a Virgo, I like things that make sense.. but o well lol. Like I said, I pre-ordered anyway since it's a great price and I'll be getting Origins later down the line I guess. It's just annoying I have to do that.

I'm debating even keeping my preorder for $29.99. My backlog is just getting larger and larger (P4A and trying to finish Kingdom Hearts aren't helping)

lets hope this makes the 2 psp remasters disc dirt cheap. been waiting for it to be $10, and my target didn't clearance the controller bundles.

So my order says it has shipped on the Newegg website, but I there is no tracking #...so I go to check my e-mail and no shipping e-mail...wtf

bread's done
Back