(Goes In-stock/OOS) Amazon DOTD: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360) $9.98

Opinions on this? I nearly picked up the PS2 version at Target for $4.98 but passed, just not being sure if the "older gen" versions would be up to snuff... but this (especially with ECA) seems like a decent deal...

I bought it for 13 from Gamefly and wasn't impressed at all, got bored after a day, and sold it within the week.
But I would say it's a good as most 10 buck games.

This would be a good deal if they don't plan to repackage the game with all the new DLC. I believe the game will be coming out sometime this holiday season.

Otherwise, I like the game. I only got it for $15 from GameCrazy couple months ago and enjoyed it.

Wow. I was just going to buy three copies, 1 to keep and 2 to send back to break even on their games trade for free shipping. Within about 5min they disabled trade ins on the game and then completely removed it from the trade in list. Seems like they may be catching on lol?

I got this for $1.70 or something way back when on PS3 thanks to $60 BB gift card I was given. It can get a little boring, but it's similar to God of War and if you like Star Wars I recommend it highly.

Although with the deal being that you get the credit after it ships and the promotion winding down and such I don't know if this will sneak under the wire, but it's worth mentioning that you might get a $5 mp3 credit from this as well. It would at least be a worthy case to take to a CS rep even if you don't because the promo is still listed on the product page.

That almost pushed me over, but then I realized I don't really want this game and couldn't stand the demo.

It's a pretty solid game. DLC is a bit overpriced, but unless you really want the unreleased stuff, just do this and get some MS points.

Yeah, if you want all the DLC, you're better off waiting for the Ultimate Sith edition. This price plus all the DLC adds up to about the same price as the one coming in November. That's not factoring in any discounted Microsoft points though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, that's a pretty darn good deal. I'd probably pick it up if I could get free shipping on it, although I would like to get the upcoming edition with all the included DLC eventually, but it will probably be a year or so before it drops below $20 anyway.

What does the normal edition trade in for at Gamestop nowadays anyway?

Son of a... Why couldn't this have been on sale with Tales of Vesparia? Then I could have gotten both games with free shipping. Sadly, I'll have to pass because I can't find anything to add to my cart to make it to the free shipping. And paying the $5 for shipping if you don't get thet $25 price point sort of defeats the purpose. Great deal, bad execution.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Son of a... Why couldn't this have been on sale with Tales of Vesparia? Then I could have gotten both games with free shipping. Sadly, I'll have to pass because I can't find anything to add to my cart to make it to the free shipping. And paying the $5 for shipping if you don't get thet $25 price point sort of defeats the purpose. Great deal, bad execution.[/QUOTE]

They're Amazon Deals of the DAY. Each day, different deal, yadda yadda yadda.

Well that was one of the quicker DotD's to sell out lately. Guess we can keep an eye out to see if they'll get some back in stock or substitute it with another DotD later like they sometimes do when they sell out extremely quickly.

Same thing happened to yesterday's DotD. It sold out about the same time, too, actually. Someone pointed out yesterday that the DotD page notes it's "Currently Unavailable" as opposed to "Out of Stock." So if anything, the deal may become active again later.

[quote name='alanamaslama']Same thing happened to yesterday's DotD. It sold out about the same time, too, actually. Someone pointed out yesterday that the DotD page notes it's "Currently Unavailable" as opposed to "Out of Stock." So if anything, the deal may become active again later.[/QUOTE]
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for 360 has also been taken off of the trade-in section:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames-tradein&field-keywords=star+wars+force&x=0&y=0

Just like Tales of Vesperia, expect this to come back later in the day (so figure out your filler now).

The game really blows. Be glad it sold out so it saved you from buying it.
It wasn't *that* bad. The gameplay's OK, but the cutscenes really shine. Plus, it stars Crashdown from BSG (he's also Doomsday on Smallville). The DLC, on the other hand, is a complete rip-off. Each "episode" is only about 30 minutes of gameplay for $10 each.

Just like Tales of Vesperia, expect this to come back later in the day (so figure out your filler now).
South Park movie Blu-ray pre-order, $19.99, commentary from Matt and Trey and 30 extra minutes.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I was just going to buy three copies, 1 to keep and 2 to send back to break even on their games trade for free shipping. Within about 5min they disabled trade ins on the game and then completely removed it from the trade in list. Seems like they may be catching on lol?[/QUOTE]

Keep this fuck-everyone-else talk to yourself, you 9-post CAG newb. Some of us actually want to purchase and play the fucking game.

If you have any interest in the DLC, I say just wait. $10 is a great deal, but not if you want all the DLC.

Jedi Temple DLC - $10
Tatooine DLC - $10
Hoth mission - not going to be DLC (at least, not initially, but lets say $10)
Practically worthless costume packs - $5 I think

So, if you bought the game, even at $5, buying all the DLC would add up to more than the cost of the forthcoming re-release. Amazon currently has it priced at like $36 ($40 MSRP).

Ok, let me me ask the general CheapAss community on here if they think I should get this.

I bought this game off Gamefly when it was $15, and I completely beat the game, 1000/1000.

Well, I never got around to playing the DLC, and the newest Tatoonie pack looks too cool, so, should I buy the game to play the packs?

I know they have the Ultimate Sith Edition coming in November with that "exclusive" Hoth mission to the Sith Ed, but i don't want to pay $40 for a game ive already beat just for $30 worth of DLC

I actually liked it but I got stuck on the old evil jedi boss and didn't like it enough to keep trying...

[quote name='jcp42877']Ok, let me me ask the general CheapAss community on here if they think I should get this.

I bought this game off Gamefly when it was $15, and I completely beat the game, 1000/1000.

Well, I never got around to playing the DLC, and the newest Tatoonie pack looks too cool, so, should I buy the game to play the packs?

I know they have the Ultimate Sith Edition coming in November with that "exclusive" Hoth mission to the Sith Ed, but i don't want to pay $40 for a game ive already beat just for $30 worth of DLC[/QUOTE]
The new Tatooine DLC is a pretty big rip-off. I played it for at most 30 minutes, and that included wandering around exploring *everything*. However, the "And the Quarterback is Toast" achievement/scene is almost worth the $10. Definitely better than Jedi Temple, but still overpriced by at least $5.

The Jedi Temple DLC is awful. It's short, it's boring, no good cutscenes, and it's $10 ($5 if you got it when it was on sale). Plus, you have to do it on all four difficulties for the achievements (beating it on Sith Master won't unlock the lower ones), which is one of my gaming pet peeves.

Apparently the Hoth mission won't have any achievements/trophies, if you care about that stuff. I'll probably watch the additional cutscenes on YouTube and be done with it.

[quote name='simmias']The new Tatooine DLC is a pretty big rip-off. I played it for at most 30 minutes, and that included wandering around exploring *everything*. However, the "And the Quarterback is Toast" achievement/scene is almost worth the $10. Definitely better than Jedi Temple, but still overpriced by at least $5.

The Jedi Temple DLC is awful. It's short, it's boring, no good cutscenes, and it's $10 ($5 if you got it when it was on sale). Plus, you have to do it on all four difficulties for the achievements (beating it on Sith Master won't unlock the lower ones), which is one of my gaming pet peeves.

Apparently the Hoth mission won't have any achievements/trophies, if you care about that stuff. I'll probably watch the additional cutscenes on YouTube and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

ya, the idea of fighting Boba Fett just sounds awesome. Hopefully the Sith Edition will have a bonus disc with the DLC, and maybe i can find it used later down the road

[quote name='jcp42877']Ok, let me me ask the general CheapAss community on here if they think I should get this.

I know they have the Ultimate Sith Edition coming in November with that "exclusive" Hoth mission to the Sith Ed, but i don't want to pay $40 for a game ive already beat just for $30 worth of DLC[/QUOTE]

A real cheap ass who really wants the full experience will exhibit patience and wait for a good deal on the Ultimate Sith Edition. I just read the description on Amazon and apparently it'll come with an art book and be a "limited" release. If that's to be believed, I would think they'd eventually put the "exclusive" level out as DLC.

[quote name='simmias']
...[/QUOTE]

If you save just before the boss fight on the Jedi Temple mission, you can just reload the save after defeating him and unlocking the acheivement and repeat to get it for all difficulties. Its a stupid pain in the ass, but fighting the boss 4 times is better than playing the entire level 4 times.

I am normally a 360 person but after trying both the 360 version had WAY to much tearing for my taste. Lucas did a horrible job with the engine on the 360 version of this game. Hopely the new sith version is better.

I'm astounded some people were bored by this! It's easily one of the best games I've played this generation. It's a movie that slots in between Episodes 3 and 4, and actually feels like it's supposed to be there. After this and Wolverine, and now apparently Batman too...

I'm selling my copy though to pick up the Sith Edition in November.

This game is awesome. I loved it and I really am surprised to see so much hate on it... I bought it for around $15 from Gamefly a while back and enjoyed every moment of it... I don't get it. Definitely worth it at $9.98. Even though they're just clearing out their stock so they can start selling the Ultimate Sith Edition.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm astounded some people were bored by this! It's easily one of the best games I've played this generation. It's a movie that slots in between Episodes 3 and 4, and actually feels like it's supposed to be there. After this and Wolverine, and now apparently Batman too...

I'm selling my copy though to pick up the Sith Edition in November.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree with you. How much do you think you'll get for selling your copy though?

I think Force Unleashed is well worth $10, I got it from Amazon for $20 a while back and really enjoyed it. Plus the story is canon I believe so if you're a big SW fan you'll get a lot out of it.

Deffo worth $10 IMO.

I picked up the PS3 version of SWFU brand new, sealed at Hollywood Video for $14.99 - replaying for trophies

How does it compare with the Xbox version? Wolverine I definitely like the Playstation controls better, but I'm kind of thinking I'd probably like the Xbox version's controls (which is the one I played) for Star Wars. (I'm wondering 'cause I have to preorder Sith Edition.)

If you pre-order the Star Wars Force Unlimited - Sith Edition you will get a free copy of Star Wars Force Unleashed. Price is around $39.99 for Sith Edition so it is a great buy for those that can wait till Nov.

The PS3 controls are good, this game does not compare to the awesomeness of Wolverine or Batman - but its fun still the second time around.

May the force be with you on your purchase!

[quote name='sbains']If you pre-order the Star Wars Force Unlimited - Sith Edition you will get a free copy of Star Wars Force Unleashed.[/QUOTE]

How so? Are you referring to Amazon's price basically being the price of ALL the DLC added so you're kind of getting the actual game for free?

bread's done
Back