GOG 2010 Holiday Sale - 290 Games 30-50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Now through January 3rd*, GOG is offering up (nearly) the entirety or its catalog for 30% or 50% discounts (with a few 35% and 40% thrown in).

Promo Page

If you know your publishers, here's a rough breakdown.

50% off:
Codemasters
JoWooD
MC2
Wordplay (Tex Murphy) [except 1+2]
Strategy First [except JA:Deadly Games]
Anuman
Apogee
Enlight
Kalypso
TopWare
Rebellion
1C
Focus
Larian [Divinity series] 50%
Adventure Soft
Fantasy Productions [Arkania series]
Devolver Digital[Serious Sam]
Rage Software

40% off:
Triumph
Running with Scissors [Postal series]

35% off:
Epic

30% off:
Atari (Excluding D&D games)
Cyan
DotEmu
Majesco
Nobilis
OddWorld Inhabitants
Revolution Software
Ubisoft
Activision

Loners:
Alien Shooter 30%
Arx Fatalis 40%
Pure Pinball 2.0 Redux 50%
The Journeyman Project 2 50%
Red Baron Pack 50%
Original War 30%
The Longest Journey 40%
Sanitarium 30%
The Incredilbe Machine Mega Pack 50%

Interplay 0% QQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting for this for awhile. Bought Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, icewind Dale 1 and 2, and when activision sale starts, Arcanum.

Thanks OP!

And here I thought I would keep my wallet pure between now and the Steam sale... In for Divine Divinity at least just because I tried and failed to find my disc copy the other day.

This is awesome, but...where do I stop? I've got over $82 in my cart right now :lol:

Damn, I'm going to be downloading this stuff for weeks. I wonder if I should try Syberia or something? I don't like point and click adventures though...

[quote name='oscargrouch']I guess I'm gonna bite on planescape. Wonder if my balders 2 discs work on win 7?[/QUOTE]
You should be fine, I just reinstalled the entire BG saga (1 & 2 plus expansions) using my retail disks and Win 7 x 64 with no issues at all.

I purchased Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, BG1, and BG2. No more dealing
with CDs and DVDs.

Might buy another game or two before the sale ends.

[quote name='Bruticis']You should be fine, I just reinstalled the entire BG saga (1 & 2 plus expansions) using my retail disks and Win 7 x 64 with no issues at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Good to know.

Man, HOW many hours of games am I buying in this sale?!? :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHmygawsh!

I'll snap up my Atari games this week before their promo ends, then swing back again next week for the rest of the games :) Thanks for the awesome sale, GOG!

Been waiting for a sale to pick up digital copies of the RPGs I already have in boxed copy. The last time I tried to install BG1 from my original 5 CD version it wouldn't install because I had > 2GB of free space on the drive.

In for Serious Sam and Duke Nukem 3D. My head keeps telling me to stop until I see what Steam offers, but I'm tempted to grab a couple more things.
And I'm certainly thrilled to see another free game. :)

I'm going to go through the entire GoG catalogue when I get a chance, but if anyone can recommend me some great co-op or even just competitive multiplayer games I could use for a LAN party... I'd greatly appreciate it! With the games cheap enough, I could convince some friends to pick up their copies.

Hoping the Activision sale will be good, want to pick up the 2nd and 3rd Gabriel Knight games.

So just to be sure, everything listed from those companies will be on sale until Jan. 3rd except Atari games?

Well, I just noticed you can sort the games catalogue by those with co-op and multiplayer modes, so that will help me figure out some good LAN games.

Well just bought baldurs gate 1 & 2 along with icewind dale 1 & 2, planescape torment and Temple of Elemental Evil. Save for temple of elemental evil, I actually bought all these games on disc but some of em I have no clue where the discs are and for the price I'll splurge and get backups of everything

Any reason to pick up Icewind Dale 1 & 2? From everything I've read it seems like people say the Baldurs Gate series is superior in every regard. Any thoughts?

It may sound silly, but I'm interested in Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project for $3. Should I do it, CAG's? Many seem to rate it favorably.

I guess I need something to keep me going until February 1st.

When these sales from GOG come up, my question is always this: are any of these games STILL worth playing, or are they only good when you are looking at them through rose colored glasses from the late 90s?

[quote name='sweeetja713']Well just bought baldurs gate 1 & 2 along with icewind dale 1 & 2, planescape torment and Temple of Elemental Evil. Save for temple of elemental evil, I actually bought all these games on disc but some of em I have no clue where the discs are and for the price I'll splurge and get backups of everything[/QUOTE]

I'm buying all of those but Balder's Gate 1 and Planescape 'cause I already own those :D

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']When these sales from GOG come up, my question is always this: are any of these games STILL worth playing, or are they only good when you are looking at them through rose colored glasses from the late 90s?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game and the person, plus there are games from as recently as 2007 (if not newer now), and you can preorder The Witcher 2.

[quote name='etcrane']Any reason to pick up Icewind Dale 1 & 2? From everything I've read it seems like people say the Baldurs Gate series is superior in every regard. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The first icewind dale doesn't have as good of a story as baldur's gate but is still a fun adventure that I put many an hour into. 2 uses a different ruleset than any of the others 3.5, whereas the others are the second set of rules. I never got around to playing it mainly because I found out the discs at the time had securerom and this was when securerom was still crashing optical drives. You should still easily be able to get 30+ hours of enjoyment from 1.

Yeah, I always heard the story was just kind of straight forward but the gameplay was good.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough RPGs after this ;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I always heard the story was just kind of straight forward but the gameplay was good.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough RPGs after this ;)[/QUOTE]
They're really pretty different kinds of games considering they're all on the same engine and use D&D rules. Icewind Dale was basically made to be a dungeon crawler, so the story is straigh forward in the same way that the story in Doom is straight forward (though of course it's not quite THAT simple); it's really not the point. The BG series much more story and character driven. Actually, IIRC, you don't even meet any NPCs that join up with you in the Icewind Dale games, but I played them long ago and don't think I beat either one; you just make up a team of 6 at the beginning and get cracking.

Picking up:

Gabriel Knight 2(have this on disc but its buggy and doesnt run correctly near the end)
Gabriel Knight 3(also on disc and its buggy, also missing one of the discs :p)
Syberia 1
Syberia 2

[quote name='Monroeski']They're really pretty different kinds of games considering they're all on the same engine and use D&D rules. Icewind Dale was basically made to be a dungeon crawler, so the story is straigh forward in the same way that the story in Doom is straight forward (though of course it's not quite THAT simple); it's really not the point. The BG series much more story and character driven. Actually, IIRC, you don't even meet any NPCs that join up with you in the Icewind Dale games, but I played them long ago and don't think I beat either one; you just make up a team of 6 at the beginning and get cracking.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right. Baldur's Gate is the standard Bioware RPG, focused on story and characters, while Icewind Dale is more of a dungeon crawler, like Dungeon Siege with NPCs and quests.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']It may sound silly, but I'm interested in Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project for $3. Should I do it, CAG's? Many seem to rate it favorably.

I guess I need something to keep me going until February 1st.[/QUOTE]

It's a decent action game. For $3, I'd recommend it.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']I'm going to go through the entire GoG catalogue when I get a chance, but if anyone can recommend me some great co-op or even just competitive multiplayer games I could use for a LAN party... I'd greatly appreciate it! With the games cheap enough, I could convince some friends to pick up their copies.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommended Serious Sam 1 and 2. (Well, The First and Second Encounter, technically) $3 a pop and a good amount of goofy co-op fun you can have at a LAN party. :D

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I'd recommended Serious Sam 1 and 2. (Well, The First and Second Encounter, technically) $3 a pop and a good amount of goofy co-op fun you can have at a LAN party. :D[/QUOTE]

We actually played a lot of the first one back in the day. Most of us have picked up the HD remakes through Steam for cheap, so I had to pass those ones up. Great recommendations though!

[quote name='Crazyhowie']I'm going to go through the entire GoG catalogue when I get a chance, but if anyone can recommend me some great co-op or even just competitive multiplayer games I could use for a LAN party... I'd greatly appreciate it! With the games cheap enough, I could convince some friends to pick up their copies.[/QUOTE]

In addition to the Serious Sam recommendation, I'll add:
- Assault matches against the bots of Unreal Tournament and UT 2004 (or competitive play). Also remember the wealth of co-op mods available, such as the original versions of Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, and Alien Swarm.
- Co-op campaign is available in Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, Descent 3, and Ground Control 2.

If you're into RPGs:
- 4-Player Co-op through the great campaign of Sacred (you'll have to make a key request).
- Coop may be the best way to play through Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (no need to manage the friendly AI - no campaign, though).
- Neverwinter Nights also has great co-op (again, you need to request multiplayer keys).
- The Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale series have co-op campaigns.

And I can't leave out two of teh best gamez evars: HOMM3 and Age of Wonders - each with great co-op and comp play.

Hee hee, I just bought:

Caesar III
Empire Earth II: Gold Edition
The Nations: Gold Edition
Chaser
Port Royale II
Lords of the Realm III
URU: Complete Chronicles (Related to Myst)
Patrician 3
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack
Serious Sam: The First Encounter
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Baldur's Gate II: Complete
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond
Icewind Dale: Complete
Icewind Dale II: Complete

I've already got lots more from GOG or retail, but I'm always open to more suggestions...although GEEZ, do you know how long this is going to take to download everything? :lol:

I've got all the extras downloaded, and stuck the rest in the GOG Downloader. I'm leaving my notebook on all night, but I doubt it'll all be downloaded by Monday morning...I shudder to even add up how many GB this is :lol:

bread's done
Back