GOG.com 25% off selected Apogee titles!

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
n_main.jpg

http://www.gog.com/en/page/apogee_promo/

Are you tired of those squad-based, stealth, tactical shooters? You're missing the times when you've controlled a one-man-army hero and you were rescuing the universe on your own? This means you need a solid portion of good ol' shooting with loads of gibs. That's why we're launching an Apogee promo where you can get Blake Stone: Alens of Gold, Blake Stone: Planet Strike and Rise of the Triad with a 25% discount!

Until Monday, May 4 at 11:59 EDT you can grab Blake Stone: Alens of Gold, Blake Stone: Planet Strike and Rise of the Triad for only $4.49 each! To receive the discount add the games you want to buy to your cart and proceed to the payment screen. There you have to enter the promo code: APOGEE during checkout and you'll receive a discount on the titles participating in the promotion. It's not a bundle promo, so you receive the discount for one, two or all three games!

Remember to enter the promo code: APOGEE on the payment screen before you finalize your transaction! If you need our assistance or have any questions concerning the promotion, please contact us at [email protected].

Games:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/blake_stone_aliens_of_gold
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/blake_stone_planet_strike
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rise_of_the_triad__dark_war

[quote name='iamthekiller']seriously? these games are 15 years old[/quote]

What's your point? Are you one of those people who consider games to have a 6 month expiration date? These are priced appropriately.

[quote name='Vegan']What's your point? Are you one of those people who consider games to have a 6 month expiration date? These are priced appropriately.[/QUOTE]

I have the 15 year expiration.

[quote name='iamthekiller']I have the 15 year expiration.[/QUOTE]

doesn't matter, these are still games that work for a great price (deal).

I'd understand if you're only 12 and these games were made before you but alot of Cags grew up on these awesome titles.

[quote name='iamthekiller']I have the 15 year expiration.[/quote]

Your loss. Some of the best games ever made are 15 years old.

Dang it, I'd been wanting Rise of the Triad. I'm not sure WHY I want it. Maybe because I played the shareware game back in the day and was blown away by the awesome graphics :whistle2:D

Okay, obviously I have no choice and have to get this :D

If I'm buying an FPS from this era, I'll really have no choice if they discount the Build Engine Redneck Rampage again.... (Or if I run out of stuff to play ever I'll just buy it full price...)

I agree with Killer... These are 15 years old and still 5$ AFTER 25% off.... Triad might be worth it, but you could definately get a better game for a little more. For the older CAGs that just really want these I can see people buying them, but to say they are "deals" is a stretch...

*Shakes head in disbelief* Ooookay, well if you can find original copies cheaper (though even then you'll have to mess with DOSBox...)

EDIT: This was in regards to two posts up.

[quote name='AntiCommie']I agree with Killer... These are 15 years old and still 5$ AFTER 25% off.... Triad might be worth it, but you could definately get a better game for a little more. For the older CAGs that just really want these I can see people buying them, but to say they are "deals" is a stretch...[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if it's a different game then. Opinions are unique to the person.

Deals???? where can you find these titles and get them to work, with 0 effort?

Vista? No DRM? manuals, backgrounds, sometimes music and some games are mod-abled...

No mater what, this IS a deal.

Listing a 3rd party amazon/ebay/half.com seller and calling it a deal could be in question, but this ... no.

I wonder if these same people jump in to threads to complain that some XBLA or VC game isn't a deal...when the games are just as old, at least as expensive, and slathered in DRM.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I wonder if these same people jump in to threads to complain that some XBLA or VC game isn't a deal...when the games are just as old, at least as expensive, and slathered in DRM.[/QUOTE]

some people are just stupid.

Not entirely sure I want to fathom why or how... just let them be. :applause:

*shakes head* these kids on this forum just dont understand.

Rise of the Triad for 5$ is better than 90% of the crap they put on 360/PS3 thats 5$. No question IMO.

I appreciate these older games. $5 is a fair price point for any good game, regardless of age.

I've never played these three, so I'm probably going to pass. I do appreciate the Halloween Harry link, as I had forgotten about that game. I'd like to see some of Apogee's older 2D sidescrollers appear on GOG.

I loved Rise of the Triad back in the day, so I jumped on that one. For less than $5 to replay a game I had a blast with as a kid, it is well worth it.

[quote name='xDerekRx']*shakes head* these kids on this forum just dont understand.

Rise of the Triad for 5$ is better than 90% of the crap they put on 360/PS3 thats 5$. No question IMO.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I love these games. Brings back good memories. I loved setting them up.
Video? SVGA 640x480
Sound? SoundBlaster Pro Compatiable, Port: 220, DMA 5, IRQ 1.
Those are the good ol' days. :)

[quote name='iamthekiller']I love old games. We'll let you be with your smug attitude, but the point is that the game shouldn't still be this much $.[/QUOTE]

some peoples' kids...

even a 30 year old game should still cost something... having it

I can honestly say I have no idea what these games are and I was playing PC games back then

admittedly games like Carmen Sandiego and what not but still

[quote name='xycury']some people are just stupid.

Not entirely sure I want to fathom why or how... just let them be. :applause:[/quote]

Not necessarily stupid lol, but everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion. I can see both sides of the spectrum. I am not interested in the games but I see how it is a deal to some and to others it is not. If you want the game Halo 3 and it is 20 bucks it is probably a deal to you but to someone else it might not be because they dont want it. Lets just all get along and not trash the thread. OP created it to give people who wanted it an opportunity to get it at a reasonable price.

Ace

[quote name='G33']I appreciate these older games. $5 is a fair price point for any good game, regardless of age.

I've never played these three, so I'm probably going to pass. I do appreciate the Halloween Harry link, as I had forgotten about that game. I'd like to see some of Apogee's older 2D sidescrollers appear on GOG.[/quote]

Want some more?
http://www.3drealms.com/downloads.html
3DRealms/Apogee has been pretty good about releasing their old catalog as freeware.

EDIT: I'd like a few more 2D platformers on GOG as well. There's the 3DRealms online store, but they're rather expensive.

[quote name='buckythekat']I can honestly say I have no idea what these games are and I was playing PC games back then

admittedly games like Carmen Sandiego and what not but still[/quote]

Your mom was weening you on edutainment while the rest of us were fragging lol ;)

[quote name='Vegan']Your mom was weening you on edutainment while the rest of us were fragging lol ;)[/quote]

Isn't that the kind of parent we gamers are always touting? :applause:

[quote name='Vegan']Your mom was weening you on edutainment while the rest of us were fragging lol ;)[/quote]

it also had something to do with the fact I was 6 :lol:

Just got Rise of the Triad. Now I need to head to steam and get heretic and hexen!
Getting seriously nostalgic :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, it's possible! Redneck Rampage got released, so... (although I guess they were different publishers maybe?)

Hexen and Heritic would be good releases on here (although honestly usually I'm more interested in the newer stuff...great to see there's stuff from just a few years back already hitting GOG).

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Oh how i wish for these guys to release Shadow Warrior. That game was so ridiculously over the top and awesome.[/quote]

Ya the 3D Realms conversions would be solid.

Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior, WW2gi, Napalm, Blood, on and on

Although I believe there is a mod out there that lets you play them. I still have all the original games boxes. I just plan to buy an old windows 98 computer at a garage sale for 40$ some day to play them on.

Isn't Blood by Monolith? And was it the second one that nuked your computer accidentally? :lol:

Man, aren't FPS game titles awesome? Blood, Duke, Doom, Prey, Quake, Fear, Resistance, and I'm probably forgetting 12 others. Heck even "Perfect Dark" is a pretty cool name. (And then "Resistance: Retribution"...that's got like TWO good FPS names for its title :lol: )

bread's done
Back