GOG Deals Thread

This is the list of games and which ones have had their final appearance.

(DONE) Anodyne $2.49

(DONE) Aquanox 2: Revelation $1.49

(DONE) Baldur's Gate 2 Complete $1.99

(DONE) Blackwell Bundle $2.99

(DONE) Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49

(DONE) Book of Unwritten Tales $4.99

(DONE) Chaos Engine $3.29

(DONE) Deus Ex GOTY $1.99

(DONE) Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Ed. $22.49

(DONE) Don't Starve $4.99

(DONE) Eador. Masters of the Broken World $5.99

(DONE) Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99

(DONE) Lords of Midnight $1.93

(DONE) Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99

(DONE) Master of Magic $1.19

(DONE) Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49

(DONE) Megabyte Punch $4.99

(DONE) Might & Magic 6-pack: Limited Ed. $2.49

(DONE) Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49

(DONE) Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99

(DONE) Populous: The Beginning $1.49

(DONE) Retro City Rampage $3.74

(DONE) Reus $2.49

(DONE) Rise of the Triad $7.49

(DONE) Rogue Legacy $4.99

(DONE) Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99

(DONE) Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49

(DONE) Shadow Man $2.39

(DONE) Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 $1.99

(DONE) Startopia $1.49

(DONE) Syberia $1.99

(DONE) System Shock 2 $1.99

(DONE) Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49

(DONE) Thunderscape $2.39

(DONE) Torchlight $2.99

(DONE) Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49

(DONE) Total Annihilation: Kingdoms $1.49

(DONE) Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49

Alpha Centauri $1.49

Anvil of Dawn $1.49

Aquanox $1.49

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99

Beyond Good and Evil $2.49

Brutal Legend $3.74

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09

Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99

Defender's Quest $2.99

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49

Evoland $2.49

Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99

FEZ $2.99

Geneforge 1-5 $2.99

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99

Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49

Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99

Hotline Miami $2.49

I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93

Icewind Dale Complete $1.99

Inquisitor $3.74

Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99

King of Dragon Pass $1.49

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99

La Mulana $2.99

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49

Leisure Suit Larry $2.49

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99

Lucius $3.99

Miasmata $2.99

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99

Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99

Planescape: Torment $1.99

Postal 2 Complete $2.49

Primordia $2.49

Psychonauts $2.49

Puddle $1.99

Rayman Origins $4.99

Resonance $2.49

Sacred Gold $1.99

Shelter $3.99

Space Colony HD $2.49

Spellforce Platinum $2.49

Strike Suit Zero $4.99

Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09

Tales of Monkey Island $5.24

The Real Texas $2.99

Theme Hospital $1.49

Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99

Thief Gold $1.99

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49

Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99

Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49

Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49

Wargame: European Escalation $6.69

Wing Commander 4 $1.49

Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49

Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99

EDIT: Last game added to the "Done" list was Retro City Rampage. So if you're reposting this, start updating it with whatever came after that.
There's 63 items left.

I updated the list (I think) but now I have to unfortunately find sleep. I'm going to be indisposed most of today due to minor surgery (brain transplant) so if anyone feels generous with their time (and for some reason Planescape: Torment decides to grace us with its presence) and in that hypothetical scenario can snag an extra copy, I'll return the favor with cost + bad rats some random extra steam key I have lying around.

Thanks.

Just wanted to let you guys know that reading these posts has been quite entertaining; I'm both shocked and impressed at your dedication :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like w/ Retro City, we might be here all night.

Good time to crash and go to bed.

It might be down to 5 copies, by the time I wake up! 

I should've known a quick trip to Kroger wasn't gonna burn nearly enough time for this to pass. Off to bed I go... I did have a big ol' drank so maybe I'll wake up relatively soon having to piss my brains out. At least I got something tonight.

So in the time that I was asleep, there was only ONE game that sold out without me seeing it.

Yeah, this sale isn't gonna end before next weekend. Those of you eagerly waiting for one particular game to show up again, you have my deepest sympathies.

It's funny - for SP campaigns, I don't know what it is w/ them NWN games. OC's (Original Campaigns) just don't live up to at least one expansion in the series.

NWN1: OC was quite mediocre.

NWN2: OC was good, but truly nothing special.

Yet, both NWN1 and NWN2 do have some of the best RPG expansion packs ever made, IMHO.

Hordes of the Underdark is awesome - I'd recommend getting NWN1: Complete just for that alone.

About NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer is the great expansion there.
I bought NWN2 mostly because the mods. NWN2 engine is awesome, can't wait to try Baldur's gate reloaded! And this!!!!!

Also, I think it's the only DRM-Free version

I bought NWN2 mostly because the mods. NWN2 engine is awesome, can't wait to try Baldur's gate reloaded! And this!!!!!

Also, I think it's the only DRM-Free version
Yeah - I believe so, as well (that that's the only DRM-FREE version).

I probably would've bought that just for Mysteries of Westgate, since I am missing that.

But, I missed it - oh, well.

{shoulder shrug}

Maybe next time.

The good news is, we should have enough sacrifices to make a RCR Humble Bundle happen now ;)

Maybe the same applies to Don't Starve.
Yeah, looking back, I probably should've skipped on Fez and RCR since I have both on 360 and Fez on Steam (thanks HIB9). DRM-free is nice and all though...

Yeah - I believe so, as well.

I probably would've bought that just for Mysteries of Westgate, since I am missing that.

But, I missed it - oh, well.

{shoulder shrug}

Maybe next time.
They've had a handful of D&D stacking discount promos, so you should be set next time one of those rolls around, assuming you have most or all of the rest of the D&D games they offer. I picked up the whole haul (at the time) the first go round, and managed to add NWN2 for something like 80% off the following occasion.

As for Anvil of Dawn - so appropriate at this time of day! - at least that sucker's going, though it seems to be losing steam.

Yeah, looking back, I probably should've skipped on Fez and RCR since I have both on 360 and Fez on Steam (thanks HIB9). DRM-free is nice and all though...

They've had a handful of D&D stacking discount promos, so you should be set next time one of those rolls around, assuming you have most or all of the rest of the D&D games they offer. I picked up the whole haul (at the time) the first go round, and managed to add NWN2 for something like 80% off the following occasion.

As for Anvil of Dawn - so appropriate at this time of day! - at least that sucker's going, though it seems to be losing steam.
Oh, here's what I have from Retail for D&D games, that I can remember and from looking at my literal game-shelf.

Yeah, I have all these from the good OLD days, before digital became a thing.

I'll list what I'm missing, too.

I'm a RPG fanatic.

Here we go...

Have -> NWN1 + SOU + HOTU

Missing -> Kingmaker Pack + All of them NWN Premium Mods

Have -> NWN2 + Mask + Zehir

Missing -> Mysteries of Westgate

Have -> BG1

Missing -> missing Tales of the Sword Coast

Have -> BG2 + TOB

Have -> Planescape: Torment

Have -> Temple of Elemental Evil

Have -> Icewind Dale & Heart of Winter + Icewind Dale 2

Missing -> Dragonshard

I only ever nabbed actual retail copies of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, along with ToEE. GOG's been a blessing for the child in me that never got his shot at several old games. Though the majority of the games I've bothered to install and play, I already played long ago. Ha.

I only ever nabbed actual retail copies of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, along with ToEE. GOG's been a blessing for the child in me that never got his shot at several old games. Though the majority of the games I've bothered to install and play, I already played long ago. Ha.
B/c other games got in my way, I never finished IWD + HOW; never began IWD2; and barely even touched TOEE.

Okay back up and I don't think I missed anything thank goodness

Sped things a long a bit by buying up a copy of Anvil of Dawn, no need to thank me :p

Sorry for the double post but as someone who generally likes RPGs but has never touched any of the DnD franchise and isn't *ahem* quite old enough to have nostalgia for it, how much do you think I would enjoy BG/NWN and the like? They go on sale for so cheap, its tempting...

Sorry for the double post but as someone who generally likes RPGs but has never touched any of the DnD franchise and isn't *ahem* quite old enough to have nostalgia for it, how much do you think I would enjoy BG/NWN and the like? They go on sale for so cheap, its tempting...
Did you like Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition?

If "yes" to above said question - then you really do owe it yourself to play BG1: Complete + BG2: Complete + NWN1: Diamond + NWN2: Complete + Planescape: Torment.

Damn, I know some CAG wants that. But I can't remember who. Even if I did remember who, for all I know they're buying it now or have somebody else reserving a copy for them.

Guess I'll leave a checkout tab open for a bit in case we get somebody coming by in an hour looking for it.

Ultima™ 7 The Complete Edition (750)

Damn, I know some CAG wants that. But I can't remember who. Even if I did remember who, for all I know they're buying it now or have somebody else reserving a copy for them.

Guess I'll leave a checkout tab open for a bit in case we get somebody coming by in an hour looking for it.
I had the same feeling, so I left a tab open to the Riddick checkout page too.

As much as I do want Ultima 7 Complete, I do have this feeling of "When the hell will I actually even play this?"

I've NEVER played an Ultima game + I just don't see myself playing it soon.

But, dammit - it's only $1.49! It's the price of a coffee (drink), coffee-roll, cinnamon bun, or bowtie!

EDIT:

I have a bunch of these older GOG games, I ain't even played them much or anything - such as Septerra Core + Anachronox. Stuff I been wanting for so long and had to buy them - but they're stuff I still ain't did much w/ for some reason!

Bleh - quick decisions, decisions...

I gotta do family stuff for a while. If Torment comes up, somebody do me a solid and grab an extra gift for me. I'll kick you some Paypal.

I had the same feeling, so I left a tab open to the Riddick checkout page too.
A part of me wanted Riddick: Dark Athena from GOG in its DRM-FREE glory, but I already got my Retail copy installed & activated a while ago - I just ain't played it!

Can you actually buy extra copies and/or buy gifts in this GOG Sale?

If anybody is looking for trades, see my GOG Post on Trades. I'm always looking to get rid of extra keys I have and don't want for something else that I really want.

A part of me wanted Riddick: Dark Athena from GOG in its DRM-FREE glory, but I already got my Retail copy installed & activated a while ago - I just ain't played it!

Can you actually buy extra copies and/or buy gifts in this GOG Sale?

If anybody is looking for trades, see my GOG Post on Trades. I'm always looking to get rid of extra keys I have and don't want for something else that I really want.

I had really bad experiences trading there. A couple of people telling me my keys were invalid (steam or GOG) and after loosing some, I realized they were scaming me. GOG site doesn't have good community features, not even a decent profile system

I had really bad experiences trading there. A couple of people telling me my keys were invalid (steam or GOG) and after loosing some, I realized they were scaming me. GOG site doesn't have good community features, not even a decent profile system
Thanks for that info, BTW.

Good to know.

As far as GoG goes you can check "gifts" under My Account" and it will tell you what key you bought, whether it was redeemed and by who so I'm happy as far as that goes (just wish you had a separate gift inventory instead of having to send it out at checkout)

Steam's trading ecosystem is awful though, keys from every storefront on the internet that you can't verify at all, profile names vs user names causing confusion, scammers all over the place etc. You'd figure being so huge and central to the gaming COMMUNITY steam would have a better trading system. Oh well.

btw mysterD I'm the one who you traded Darksider's with in case you wanted to know haha

As far as GoG goes you can check "gifts" under My Account" and it will tell you what key you bought, whether it was redeemed and by who so I'm happy as far as that goes (just wish you had a separate gift inventory instead of having to send it out at checkout)

Steam's trading ecosystem is awful though, keys from every storefront on the internet that you can't verify at all, profile names vs user names causing confusion, scammers all over the place etc. You'd figure being so huge and central to the gaming COMMUNITY steam would have a better trading system. Oh well.

btw mysterD I'm the one who you traded Darksider's with in case you wanted to know haha
All of those keys, I been trying to rid of for some time - LOL. Either somebody else already has the game; just flat-out doesn't want the key; or already has extra keys and is also trying to rid of it!

I'm glad to finally get rid one of my handful of extra keys that just been rotting and sitting there for me, that was otherwise doing ZERO for me and wasting away - hehe.

Maybe one day, I'll one day get to Ultima 7, hehe. :D

EDIT:

Gave you feedback on here, BTW.

bread's done
Back