GOG Deals Thread

What they NEED to do is just put up ALL the friggin games on sale at their sale prices at the same time AND leave them there for a week or whatever. Enough with this "X copies available" crap. Making you wait to give them money is pure BS (and GOG has a history of pulling stunts like this). Unfortunately, as Spoder said, this must have been successful enough for them to do it again.
I'll flat out admit that I wouldn't have spent even half of what I did if this was just a regular sale. Hell, for most GOG sales, I take a quick glance, say "meh," then go back to the Steam/Amazon/GMG/Bundle/lolGamefly threads. I even gave up trying for freebies after the first day, but i'm still here watching the numbers count down.

Then again, I still have fond memories of running around Kmart as a child trying to find the Blue Light Specials, so maybe I have been pavlov'd into liking this sort of thing.

I'll flat out admit that I wouldn't have spent even half of what I did if this was just a regular sale. Hell, for most GOG sales, I take a quick glance, say "meh," then go back to the Steam/Amazon/GMG/Bundle/lolGamefly threads. I even gave up trying for freebies after the first day, but i'm still here watching the numbers count down.

Then again, I still have fond memories of running around Kmart as a child trying to find the Blue Light Specials, so maybe I have been pavlov'd into liking this sort of thing.
The thing is, regular GOG sales have shitty prices so normally I would agree with you. This sale though has great prices, but I don't think it's respectful to their customers to make them hang around staring at the GOG front page waiting for the one or two games they want to go on sale and then only having a limited number of copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoder has a conspiracy theory about the limited copies thing not being real. Not sure I buy it though. There's no way they would have left Jack Keane 2 hanging out there for 5 hours if the counter was BS.

So, after all of this is done and over with, who is going to tally up how many units were sold and what was GOG's final take?

Not it.

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49 (350)

So I go to add this to my cart, only to discover that I already own it. Oh how I laughed.

No. I have it backlogged on GOG.

Here's a sad statistic for you: Games owned on GOG: 77, Games played on GOG: 0.

TYlnhlr.png

Ermahgerd, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex flew outta there, even with 1000+ to spare.

I hope they never do this again because my obsession with seeing what's next is unhealthy, and I haven't even bought anything in over 24 hours.

Serve up somethin' nice on my lunch break wouldja...
I haven't played anything since this promo began - and while I've also bought nothing (so far), this so far has certainly been VERY interesting and entertaining to watch.

I haven't played anything since this promo began - and while I've also bought nothing (so far), this so far has certainly been VERY interesting and entertaining to watch.

This sale is for fuckboys.

Everyone who sells anything should move to this format because limited quantities make people get stupid.

And I realize 40% of these bitchmade deals were good.

This sale is for fuckboys.

Everyone who sells anything should move to this format because limited quantities make people get stupid.

And I realize 40% of these bitchmade deals were good.
I think the worst thing for us gamers here is the FREE games just go buy TOO quick. :(

Yeah, there's been some really good games and some nice prices on some of these deals. Still, it's been entertaining to watch. Plus, the thread on GOG about this been moving CRAZY fast. It's up to 344 pages...and counting.

I think I'm out.

NWN2 went while I was asleep, and I'm not interested in getting the first on GOG without also having the second.

It's funny - for SP campaigns, I don't know what it is w/ them NWN games. OC's (Original Campaigns) just don't live up to at least one expansion in the series.

NWN1: OC was quite mediocre.

NWN2: OC was good, but truly nothing special.

Yet, both NWN1 and NWN2 do have some of the best RPG expansion packs ever made, IMHO.

Hordes of the Underdark is awesome - I'd recommend getting NWN1: Complete just for that alone.

About NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer is the great expansion there.

I think they put up Don't Starve as some sort of meta reference.  Like they're saying "We know you've been sitting in front of your computer for 2 days, here's some down time where you can go make a sandwich".

So, after all of this is done and over with, who is going to tally up how many units were sold and what was GOG's final take?

Not it.

Someone was doing it in the gog forums. I can't find the post for it but he said after all of the Don't Starves are sold it would be around $260,000.

I think there will be a problem with the sale grinding to a halt very soon.  It seems most folks are looking for one or two last games out of the group on sale and as each person's "last game" comes up they'll buy it and close the page.  Gog'll have far fewer viewers for the 1000+ sales and people that were interested will have already bought or left.

$260,000 is less than I would have guessed, but at $2-3 each it makes sense.

I will say this, they've been pretty good about putting up games that won't move while I've been at work. There I was stressing about working from 2-10, and everything that came up was either selling at a crawl or something I already had (but not both, it just so happens).

Time to Not Starve on some pizza while I wait for 63 more copies of this game to budge.

(Side note: If you have a Brixx in your area, it seems like many of them do 2-for-1 pizzas after 10 PM, and that's something any Cheap Ass can get behind.)

FINALLY, after about 30 hours or so, something I've been wanting. I know damn well they'd mark Shadow Man down to 60% off again - hell, they did it mere days before this promo - but I couldn't fight the temptation to finally cave in and buy something.

It's lame that all those copies of Don't Starve took as long to move as Jack Keane 2 did two nights ago, almost down to the minute, but even more pathetic of JK2 when you consider it was only pushing about one tenth as many.

Aquanox 2 free (?)

Retro City Rampage (600)

It's cutting it close... it still has 29 copies to go as I type this. I didn't think it'd take this long.
I didn't expect it to take this long either, but it did just scrape in under an hour by a minute or two.

One of the first times that the free game has actually stuck around long enough for me to click on it before GOG laughs at me and tells me to fuck off back to the homepage.

Wow.

I feel like a very, very large percentage of the people that had been keeping up have bailed out now. RCR couldn't have disappeared much faster last time it was up.

GOG, what is best in life? "To crush your hope, see free games driven before you and to hear the lamentations of the forum posters."

Uuuuugh I stayed up the last two nights (intermittently) but I can't keep up with this anymore. Evoland better not pop up until 10am tomorrow.

bread's done
Back