GOG Deals Thread

Hey all, I know this isn't the "proper" thread for the types of keys I'm going to give away, however for the sake of irony, I'm going to do a "pro-DRM" giveaway in this thread, just because I know it's going to bug somebody, and I like to do that sometimes... :p

So, on that note, I'm going to be giving away Steam Keys AND dreaded (wait for it)... Origin keys for some games. First things first: For all of the Steam keys, there are Origin keys that redeem the same games. However, there are a couple games for which I ONLY have Origin keys to give, so tough sh*t.

Annnnnnyway, I will be giving the Steam keys and Origin keys out separately from each other, which brings me to my next point, the rules... They're fairly basic, and are as follows:

1.) As usual, please quote this to win a key. I would like to emphasize this point more than usual, because I'm going to update the OP after every winner to show which games are gone and which are still available. I feel it's easier for people to see which keys they still can choose if they don't have to browse a few pages back every time to check the OP.

2.) One key per user, please.

3.) THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT(!!): Steam keys will be GIVEN AWAY FIRST, so if you snooze, well... you're stuck with keys for The-Download-Client-That-Must-Not-Be-Named.

4.) Posters MUST have registered before today, and a minimum of 2 posts (made prior to today) are necessary. This is to deter "freebie trolls", as I like to call them. And, yes, I know my rules for this point are so minimal that it's unlikely to do anything anyway. However, it makes me feel better to do this, so please let me have that be the highlight of my day, okay? Good.

Now for the available games:

**STEAM KEYS**

1.) Dead Space

2.) Metal of Honor

3.) Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

4.) Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

5.) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

6.) Mirror's Edge

**ORIGIN KEYS**

1.) Dead Space

2.) Dead Space 3

3.) Metal of Honor

4.) Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

5.) Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

6.) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

7.) Mirror's Edge

8.) Populous

Good luck, and as they Electronic Arts says, onwards with DRM!!
Thanks for the giveaway as well. Very nice of you sir. I wouldn't mind a copy of Mirror's Edge if your willing to part.

Hey all, I know this isn't the "proper" thread for the types of keys I'm going to give away, however for the sake of irony, I'm going to do a "pro-DRM" giveaway in this thread, just because I know it's going to bug somebody, and I like to do that sometimes... :p

So, on that note, I'm going to be giving away Steam Keys AND dreaded (wait for it)... Origin keys for some games. First things first: For all of the Steam keys, there are Origin keys that redeem the same games. However, there are a couple games for which I ONLY have Origin keys to give, so tough sh*t.

Annnnnnyway, I will be giving the Steam keys and Origin keys out separately from each other, which brings me to my next point, the rules... They're fairly basic, and are as follows:

1.) As usual, please quote this to win a key. I would like to emphasize this point more than usual, because I'm going to update the OP after every winner to show which games are gone and which are still available. I feel it's easier for people to see which keys they still can choose if they don't have to browse a few pages back every time to check the OP.

2.) One key per user, please.

3.) THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT(!!): Steam keys will be GIVEN AWAY FIRST, so if you snooze, well... you're stuck with keys for The-Download-Client-That-Must-Not-Be-Named.

4.) Posters MUST have registered before today, and a minimum of 2 posts (made prior to today) are necessary. This is to deter "freebie trolls", as I like to call them. And, yes, I know my rules for this point are so minimal that it's unlikely to do anything anyway. However, it makes me feel better to do this, so please let me have that be the highlight of my day, okay? Good.

Now for the available games:

**STEAM KEYS**

1.) Dead Space

2.) Metal of Honor

3.) Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

4.) Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

5.) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

6.) Mirror's Edge GONE!

**ORIGIN KEYS**

1.) Dead Space

2.) Dead Space 3

3.) Metal of Honor

4.) Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

5.) Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

6.) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

7.) Mirror's Edge

8.) Populous

Good luck, and as they Electronic Arts says, onwards with DRM!!
Awesome giveaway, talkinrock. I'd like to get Crysis 2 Max Ed. for Steam; hopefully my computer can run it, lol. Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll have you know, I can give you THREE whole talking points about recent GOG events:

1.) Red Alert 1 & 2 were released today.

2.) Kentucky Route Zero (and award-winning game) was put in GOG's catalog today.

3.) [uptalk]GOG is awesome and there's always something to talk about??[/uptalk]

I showed you, didn't I?!!
lies dang it lies! got my hopes up seeing Red Alert up there (at least as westwood classics go)

I'm guessing you're either a rich bastard, or you got these games the same method I did (If it's the latter, and you reveal my secrets, you shall perish!)... Even though everybody probably already knows where I got these. :p
Yes, I'm filthy rich and just come onto this site to laugh at you poor blokes deliberating over having to throw a few more cents toward those greedy orphans.

Oh sorry, gotta run, my horse made of diamonds is eating the topiaries again.

lies dang it lies! got my hopes up seeing Red Alert up there (at least as westwood classics go)
Oh, wow! I don't know how I made that huge of a glaring error in my post, so thanks for calling me out on that... My OP is now corrected (I swear that wasn't intentional, mate!).

EDIT: I guess Cyset already subtly called me out on that, as well, but I didn't pick up on it... We all have our blonde moments, I guess. :p

If anyone wants to get Shelter from there on its own, I can buy it for you as a gift at the reduced price. I already have Pid there.

Awesome giveaway, talkinrock. I'd like to get Crysis 2 Max Ed. for Steam; hopefully my computer can run it, lol. Thanks very much.
You know the saying "if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it", right? Well, the same applies to the Crysis games: "If you don't know if your computer can handle it, it probably can't."

Anyway, I'm just giving you a hard time, and enjoy your new Crysis 2 key (sent via PM)!

However, that isn't to say my message doesn't have a large chunk of truth to it, so just know you've been warned. Nevertheless, if sh*t don't work, at least you didn't pay a pence for it, so either way, it's a win-win...

You know the saying "if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it", right? Well, the same applies to the Crysis games: "If you don't know if your computer can handle it, it probably can't."

Anyway, I'm just giving you a hard time, and enjoy your new Crysis 2 key (sent via PM)!

However, that isn't to say my message doesn't have a large chunk of truth to it, so just know you've been warned. Nevertheless, if sh*t don't work, at least you didn't pay a pence for it, so either way, it's a win-win...
From everything I've read, Crysis 2 is much easier on systems than its predecessor, presumably because Crytek figured that actually having a larger segment of the gaming public that could play your game without having to buy a new computer (or at least a new video card) would probably increase sales a bit. It's also probably optimized a bit better as well.

From everything I've read, Crysis 2 is much easier on systems than its predecessor, presumably because Crytek figured that actually having a larger segment of the gaming public that could play your game without having to buy a new computer (or at least a new video card) would probably increase sales a bit. It's also probably optimized a bit better as well.
Thanks for setting me straight on that, as I would have never known that otherwise, given that I don't play FPS games at all whatsoever (but from a business's viewpoint, that does make obvious sense).

BAFTA Awards Nomination Promo:

In celebration of being nominated for the BAFTA's "Best Game of 2013" award...

Papers, Please is $7.99 (20% off) on GOG until Sunday, February 16th at 10:59 GMT.

(Personal note): Meh. Not much of a discount, and most people (but probably not most CAG'ers) own this already... Well, 20% off a great game is better than a dull stick in the eye nothing, I guess.

EDIT: I'm not able to increase the font size of the green text on my iPhone (yes, I've entered the BBCode manually... 8 times over), so if a mod reads this, could you please do it for me? Thanks!

Built my computer last year, but still using an old video card. Looking to replace it soon, but pretty sure I can still run Crysis 2 at medium-ish settings. Thanks again.

I have a Pid key for Steam that I'm willing to sell for $1/£0.60, if anybody wants it (I would give it away, but considering how many games I've given away the past week, a guy needs to make a quid every now and then, right?)

Anyway, PM me if you're interested...

I have a Pid key for Steam that I'm willing to sell for $1/£0.60, if anybody wants it (I would give it away, but considering how many games I've given away the past week, a guy needs to make a quid every now and then, right?)

Anyway, PM me if you're interested...
If you have stuff for sale, post it here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigindesura-etc-buyselltrade-thread/

GOG Release Promo:

JUST RELEASED!!

Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls - $4.99 (50% off)
I really wanted to like that game... but it's just dull and forced, and the puzzles aren't that great. It's a horror game that deals with a private investigator's (you) inner demons from failing to save a little girl who was kidnapped/killed or whatnot. It should have really delved into that psychological aspect, but instead it's way too campy and in your face. Walk into the old abandoned train station? Oh hey, there's a ghost.

The only reason for giving it a try is if you really are into horror games and need your fix (which is the boat I'm in, and it still didn't do it for me), or if you're an adventure game junkie and will play just about any of these. Either way, the Steam version runs fine on modern PCs, and it's been in a bundle or two for dirt cheap.

Heads up everyone, GOG just told EA to suck it.  Go get your free copy of Dungeon Keeper.

Pick up a copy of Dungeon Keeper 2 for 1.50 while you're there.

Thanks for pointing this out, now I'm just waiting on the email. :)
I've been expecting this moment for days. I've actually been checking just for this.

Just check your account. It'll probably be in your library before the system can send the confirmation e-mail.

Anyone have an opinion on if Nox is any good?  Getting DK2 and SS2 for sure, but Nox is looking interesting to me.

Ya know, cause Westwood.

Heads up everyone, GOG just told EA to suck it. Go get your free copy of Dungeon Keeper.

Pick up a copy of Dungeon Keeper 2 for 1.50 while you're there.
... no, they can't give away games without the companies giving the go-ahead.

EA must've suggested they do this to try to hide the bad PR from the phone version.

u know like how it is like max payne where it progre mp to fall of max payne 2 and so on?
Other than being in roughly the same universe, they are quite different. If you're asking if they tie into each other in a story sense, no, not really. The 2012 version was more of a reboot.

Anyone have an opinion on if Nox is any good? Getting DK2 and SS2 for sure, but Nox is looking interesting to me.

Ya know, cause Westwood.
I bought it today...been waiting for my < $2 cutoff. I (vaguely) remember playing this back in the day. If I 'member correctly, a Diablo clone, that had a choice of 3 character classes, fairly good gameplay and humorous dialog. Take that for what its worth. Also: This review sucks.

Other than being in roughly the same universe, they are quite different. If you're asking if they tie into each other in a story sense, no, not really. The 2012 version was more of a reboot.
We're talking about Syndicate? Syndicate 1 is great, I think ir is still playable now. American revolt (expansion) is über hard. Syndicate wars was good back in the days, but inferior to the original. Syndicate 2012 seems to be a mix between deus ex hr (yellow tech) and your everyday FPS (according to videos, I didn't try it yet). There's practically no tie between any of them

Decided against UT (will just get it on Steam), but still getting MoH. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that Magic Carpet Plus game?
I think I'll get MoH too.

Magic carpet was good back in the day, but I saw some videos now... I don't think is very playable now. Same reason I won't buy Alone in the Dark trilogy from any sale. Love them but I know I won't play them because I'll get eyestrain

Decided against UT (will just get it on Steam), but still getting MoH. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that Magic Carpet Plus game?
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I bought it, at least. The on-page reviews (particularly that one that says apparently the AI keeps fighting itself after you die) sounded like I'd at least be able to get $1.49 worth of entertainment out of it, but I've been on a dangerous buying streak lately, so what the frig do I know.

I think I'll get MoH too.

Magic carpet was good back in the day, but I saw some videos now... I don't think is very playable now. Same reason I won't buy Alone in the Dark trilogy from any sale. Love them but I know I won't play them because I'll get eyestrain

Haven't downloaded it yet, but I bought it, at least. The on-page reviews (particularly that one that says apparently the AI keeps fighting itself after you die) sounded like I'd at least be able to get $1.49 worth of entertainment out of it, but I've been on a dangerous buying streak lately, so what the frig do I know.
I was watching a play through on youtube and I couldn't figure out wtf was going on so I took it as a sign to pass on the carpet game. Thanks for the info though.

We're talking about Syndicate? Syndicate 1 is great, I think ir is still playable now. American revolt (expansion) is über hard. Syndicate wars was good back in the days, but inferior to the original. Syndicate 2012 seems to be a mix between deus ex hr (yellow tech) and your everyday FPS (according to videos, I didn't try it yet). There's practically no tie between any of them
thaank juan screw the old version since it so old school graphics fuck my collection ego sorry collection but must sacrfice for money

Supposedly NOX is good... at $1.49, I think I'll bite.  (Also that have a Mac-DOSBox version, yay.  I'm most likely to play old games on my laptop.)

I'd also point Civ fans to Alpha Centauri (SMAC) for $1.49 (which belongs in the Civ series, also GOG added it's expansion in the last year).

I was hoping that Leisure Suit Larry would go on sale for the weekend since Larry's all about lovin'.

I might pick some stuff up. Not sure yet.

Well it looks like I'm a bit late to the party on this since many of the regs are already discussing the deals. But for posterity's sake, here are the current deals.

Weekend Promo

Up to 80% Off - Destination: Dungeons & Dragons

Baldur's Gate 2 Complete - $1.99

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga - $1.99

Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard - $1.99

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - $1.99

Icewind Dale 2 Complete - $1.99

Icewind Dale Complete - $1.99

Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete - $3.99

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition - $1.99

Planescape: Torment - $1.99

Temple of Elemental Evil, The - $1.19

This is a Stacking promo. The discount can be as low as 40% off if you only choose one game. The discount increases with each additional game selected. Discount percentages are at 40%, 45%, 51%, 58%, 64%, 69%, 73%, 76% 78% & 80%. The prices listed above are at 80% off.

Special Valentine's Day Promo - Be My Player2

Various games at discount percentages up to 90% off

Arma 2: Combined Operations - $4.99

Arma: Cold War Assault - $1.19

Arma Gold Edition - $1.99

Capsized - $1.99

The Chaos Engine - $2.99

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition - $1.19

Dungeon Keeper 2 - $1.49

Fist Puncher - $1.99

Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $3.74

Hammerwatch - $1.59

Magic Carpet Plus - $1.49 

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest - $1.99

Megabyte Punch - $2.99

Nox - $1.49

Omerta: City of Gangsters (4 DLCs included) - $7.99

Omerta DLC: The Japanese Incentive - $9.99

Painkiller Black Edition - $1.99

PixelJunk Monsters HD - $1.59

PixelJunk Shooter - $2.69

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - $1.99

Rise of the Triad (2013) - $2.99

Sacred Gold - $1.99

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - $1.49

Speedball 2 HD - $2.99

Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - $1.99

Syndicate Wars - $1.49

System Shock 2 - $1.49

Trine - $0.99

Trine 2: Complete Story - $3.99

Unreal Tournament 2004 ECE - $2.49

[SIZE=12pt]Wargame: European Escalation - $3.99[/SIZE]

I'm a bit busy right now. I'll come back and do the direct links in a bit. And if I'm feeling really frisky, I'll do a second listing of the Valentine's sale games ordered by descending discount percentages in addition to the alphabetical list above.

bread's done
Back