GOG Deals Thread

Boy, the sarcasm quotient on these PC bundle threads is superb.  Nice to see the same group of about 10 guys troll through all of them.  

I have finally found my home.  After 10 yrs of CAG I feel like I have found a place I fit in!  

Boy, the sarcasm quotient on these PC bundle threads is superb. Nice to see the same group of about 10 guys troll through all of them.
Oh yeah, we should talk about the current GOG sales...

1379397393560484993.GIF

Did you open it or is it still under glass in it's shrink wrap in the stately MysterD manor
Oh, no - I got the game years ago from Gogamer.

It's certainly been opened.

Played it + finished it years ago; and currently installed on my current PC.

EDIT:

Displayed On his wood paneled wall
While I don't feel like re-buying Arcanum from GOG - that game would be nice to also put on My Virtual GOG Wall Library w/ its Wood Paneled Shelf backdrop. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This wood panel shelf thing looks so much better then Steams.... Best marketing move ever.
While I like the wood panel shelf thing on GOG, that's probably only b/c I have 80 or so games there.

Of course, I could always leave it looking like that - and just use search to get what I'm looking for, when necessary.

If I had 700+ games on GOG, which is what I have on Steam, I'd probably not use that wood-panel backdrop on GOG. I'd probably rather use a list like Steam has.

I really like how on Steam's service, I can keep my whole Steam-collection as one big list in either List View or Detail View. I have too many games on Steam to mess w/ Grid View.

Every time the Blitzkrieg games show up in one of these big sales, I think, I should really pick those up. But then I manage to talk myself out of buying them.

I see both games are available in flash deals for the next hour or two. I'm getting tired of talking myself out of buying them. Somebody else do it for me.

Blitzkrieg 2: Anthology for $1.19 for about an hour

Blitzkrieg: Anthology for $1.19 for about two more hours

Every time the Blitzkrieg games show up in one of these big sales, I think, I should really pick those up. But then I manage to talk myself out of buying them.

I see both games are available in flash deals for the next hour or two. I'm getting tired of talking myself out of buying them. Somebody else do it for me.

Blitzkrieg 2: Anthology for $1.19 for about an hour

Blitzkrieg: Anthology for $1.19 for about two more hours
Buy the first one at least... then the itch... and you'll buy the second one a bit later.

So, as I see, battle island platinum will never be on sale again. All the games rotated at least 3 times... but BI only 1 time. You know what? When it came back I WON'T BUY IT! Take that GOG! You like it?

They reduced quantity of flash deals. Now there are 9+1.

I'll probable buy Sin Gold (is the only one I'm missing on that pack, and $2 is a good price) and City builders, since I'm missing Caesar 3 and children of the nile. The last one was in an indie royale bundle (stuffing) without the expansion, and now both at $3 looks like a nice price.

They reduced quantity of flash deals. Now there are 9+1.

I'll probable buy Sin Gold (is the only one I'm missing on that pack, and $2 is a good price) and City builders, since I'm missing Caesar 3 and children of the nile. The last one was in an indie royale bundle (stuffing) without the expansion, and now both at $3 looks like a nice price.
Children of the Nile Complete was in a Groupees Shiny Loot bundle for around 75 cents

missed it :(

Edit: now I hate you. Can't buy it past that price
Just get the expansion on Steamgifts, like me.

Anyone have the City Builders pack and able to grab individual games? That way you could at least get Caesar. I'm tempted by the other three city builders games myself.

I don't suppose you can purchase and then split up the City Builder bundle?  I need everything except COTN and would prefer to gift it to someone.

Edit:  To clarify, I own COTN on Steam and not GOG.

I don't suppose you can purchase and then split up the City Builder bundle? I need everything except COTN and would prefer to gift it to someone.
No, you can't. But you can get someone who owns all those games to gift you the items you need at the reduced cost.

wow...  this fell to the 3rd page?

Anyway, I saw Age of Wonders 3 Ultimate Edition for $7.xx last night.  Thought - Wow.  Aow3 + expansion!!  And then realized...  umm... The world ultimate just means it comes with an additional scenario...  Should have just called it AoW 3...  whenever "ultimate, complete or other descripters are used... it should be reflective of the content."  BOOOO  

wow... this fell to the 3rd page?

Anyway, I saw Age of Wonders 3 Ultimate Edition for $7.xx last night. Thought - Wow. Aow3 + expansion!! And then realized... umm... The world ultimate just means it comes with an additional scenario... Should have just called it AoW 3... whenever "ultimate, complete or other descripters are used... it should be reflective of the content." BOOOO
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Gold Edition (Game not Included) [amazon.com]

^^^ Wow  ^^^ That is a first for me...  I guess they never said they were selling the game...  Just a Gold edition...  Whatever that means.  Sure there is a false advertising lawsuit potential in there somewhere...  

^^^ Wow ^^^ That is a first for me... I guess they never said they were selling the game... Just a Gold edition... Whatever that means. Sure there is a false advertising lawsuit potential in there somewhere...
At least the message is communicated clearly... like in this image from the Playstation Blog.

...which like totally shows game+season pass as part of the Gold Edition. (The fine print spells out, digital download code but no disc)

14855612962_ed445bf424_z.jpg

Which in fairness was from it's debut back in early August... The Squeenix store shows a newer modified image.

LC2-CE-beautyshot_retail_nogame.jpg

Wow.  Well, you have to give it to them!!

GOG has tons of bundles for sale.  Thinking about the Gabriel Knight series...  but I think I will just wait for Phoenix to redo 2 and 3...  

At least the message is communicated clearly... like in this image from the Playstation Blog.

...which like totally shows game+season pass as part of the Gold Edition. (The fine print spells out, digital download code but no disc)

14855612962_ed445bf424_z.jpg

Which in fairness was from it's debut back in early August... The Squeenix store shows a newer modified image.

LC2-CE-beautyshot_retail_nogame.jpg
I wish you hadn't posted these. I'm tempted to get it now. (Already got the game + season pass from a trader a few months ago.)

If anyone cares Battle Isle Platinum has come up again with 5 hours of purchase time remaining.

Anyone have an opinion on Blitzkrieg Anthology, GOG vs Steam version?  Worth a purchase either way?

Just got King's Bounty: The Legend, as I've never played that kind of game. Now I'm tempted to try out Heroes of Might & Magic 3 for $4, but I should PROBABLY stick to King's Bounty first and see if I like it. Then AGAIN, it might be hard to go back to HoM&M3 after playing King's Bounty.

Yes, I over think these things.

A LOT.

I know, I know. Odds of not having this game are the same as surviving a plane crash.

I guess I just never had interest in any of the bundles, and just recently learned how good these games are.
hmm i fugred u wer a cheez eating surrender monkey whu likd DRM freee...ur avatar: y u let littl kids drive ur car...u kwazy?

The only similarity between HoMM and KB is the combat. KB is a fast paced game. But you're right, if you don't like KB, I doubt you would like HoMM, unless you're in for the management

hmm i fugred u wer a cheez eating surrender monkey whu likd DRM freee...ur avatar: y u let littl kids drive ur car...u kwazy?
No, I'm not one of THOSE people. I like Steam just fine. I'm just impatient and wanted to try King's Bounty NOW, and it was $2 on GOG. (And now I want to try HoM&M3 NOW.) I should just wait for HoM&M3 to hit $2.50 again on Gamersgate.

And that kid is ME :)

bread's done
Back