GOG Deals Thread

Just played a couple hours of HoM&M3.

TOTALLY worth it! How did I miss this game?
It only took you 15 years!

BTW... Can't believe they are selling HoMM 1 & 2 at $10 MSRP each

BTW #2: The banner saga was cheaper before... on GOG... at the same flash sales... so the prices are not the same always??

after reading trusty's posts i said f it and bought the whole might and magic bundle =P Should i start from the begining or is 3 or one of the later ones the stand out hit to try the series out?

also was tempted to get kings bounty WARRIORS OF THE NORTH, but i see a lot of reviews saying its a super buggy mess. Blackguard looked interesting too

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Kenshindono" post="12316594" timestamp="1418206999"]after reading trusty's posts i said f it and bought the whole might and magic bundle =P Should i start from the begining or is 3 or one of the later ones the stand out hit to try the series out?

also was tempted to get kings bounty WARRIORS OF THE NORTH, but i see a lot of reviews saying its a super buggy mess. Blackguard looked interesting too[/quote]
You don't need to play HoMM series in order. Just play the best one first, HoMM 3. I've never played 4, 5 or 6

I've played KB warriors of the North (steam) for a bit and it played ok. Is almost the same as the other KB games, but that's not a bad thing at all. Sadly the graphics are almost the same too xD

after reading trusty's posts i said f it and bought the whole might and magic bundle =P Should i start from the begining or is 3 or one of the later ones the stand out hit to try the series out?

also was tempted to get kings bounty WARRIORS OF THE NORTH, but i see a lot of reviews saying its a super buggy mess. Blackguard looked interesting too
WHAT HATH I WROUGHT???

Hope you dig them :) Still loving H0M&M3. LOVE that there's hotseat multiplayer. Hope I can teach it well enough to my 6 year old :)

Dat fantasy quest pack is fantastic. I don't think I'll be playing the first 4 king's quest games (or any at all), but will look great on the wooden wall

I bought Battle Island Platinum on sale. I'm pretending I actually bought Star Wars X-Wing on sale. Good times!
Do you remember how much you paid for BIP? I wasn't paying attention to the flash discount because I assumed it was the same each time. I might have to feel ripped off depending on your answer.

Doesn't it say in your e-mail order or PayPal receipt? I know it's confusing sometimes because they list the original price and the discount, not the discounted prices.

Juanjava indicated pricing may be different as the flash games rotate back through so I was wondering if my flash price was the same as rcsample's or if they changed the discount.  I think I bought BIP the third time it came up.  My receipt shows $2.49 or 75% off the original price.

They did an update of Kings Quest and it is offered free...  Google is your friend on that...  Maybe just 1-3 though.  I downloaded them, played 5 minutes, and moved on.  

It is weird, I like HoMM more then the Kings Bounty....  but the end game of HoMM is brutal.  All of a sudden I am facing armies that I have almost no shot of beating...  Bounty is easier to play and roll through.  

I bought BIP at $2.49 too, it was at that price for the entire sale.

There are some "enhaced" KQ games, free. But this pack includes Quest for Glory too. I'm still not buying it because... CAG

I love both KB and HoMM. And yes, HoMM is a more complex and slow pacing game, you need to be in the mood for playing it. If you liked HoMM, you should try Eador. Or even better, if you still haven't tried Master of Magic, and can stand the graphics, that game is amazing, really.

I tried Eador... and lasted even less there.  So I really don't have enough time to review it.  I have put 20+ into both HoMM and KB.  I did appreciate the beat a level, get a video of HoMM though.  

I loved Indigo Prophecy. Actually first purchased it for my Xbox back in the day. The first half is better than the 2nd half, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I got really lucky today on GOG. I was going to purchase the flight sim pack yesterday (IL2 1946, B17 Flying Fortress, Red Baron Pack, F117A Stealth Fighter 2.0), but I wound up getting pulled away from my computer and I totally forgot all about it. Then like 20 minutes ago, I stumbled on my GOG browser tab from yesterday. It was the page right before you head over to Paypal and It was still showing the 4 games at the discounted prices. I figured I would try and checkout. Worse comes to worse, the prices of the games would go back to normal and I would just not follow through with the Paypal payment. Anyways, it wound up going through at the discounted price. 

I tried Eador... and lasted even less there. So I really don't have enough time to review it. I have put 20+ into both HoMM and KB. I did appreciate the beat a level, get a video of HoMM though.
I can't stop playing Eador. I love HoMM. This game is just as good...even better in some areas. I like the little decisions you have to make that affect your character as a good or bad diety. I love the level up and searching lands system. The graphics aren't even HoMM 1 quality but they get the job done. I've been dying to play it today but been too busy. Stayed up late again last night unable to put it down and after capturing another shard I was really tempted to fire up the next one.

They'll probably do a big recap at the end of the sale. If they follow the recent pattern of doing a full 48 hour end sale recap, today's bundles are the last new bundles that we will see for this sale.

I loved Indigo Prophecy. Actually first purchased it for my Xbox back in the day. The first half is better than the 2nd half, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
For me, In the last 1/3rd of the Indigo Propehcy / Fahrenheit - yeah, I felt it complete fell apart. The story, which felt quite grounded (compared to later where it went) just went somewhere less grounded, out the window, and became utterly ridiculous by the end. It became loaded w/ more unnecessary action sequences + QTE's than you can shake a stick - and they threw in a few predictable cliches there, as well...

You know, the under-developed "Let's save the world + the girl" thing that develops out of nowhere, somewhere into the last 1/3rd in the game or so.

The first 2/3rds I thought were great and are must-play stuff, IMHO. There's probably some point in there where we should just hit the damn off button. ;)

irafreak - sounds like I need to break it out again... Playing DA2 right now though....
I liked Dragon Age 2 - even despite laundry list of issues: its recycling of environments (that drove me crazier more than anything), lack of choices, lack of customization, removal of strategic battles, and removal of the tactical overhead cam.

I just didn't love it anywhere to the likes I loved Dragon Age: Origins - which I think is one of the best classic-style party-based cRPG's since Baldur's Gate 2 + Planescape: Torment.

fuck GOG and their stupid "gotta buy the entire bundle to get a good price" bullshite!   I already own 7th Guest and 11th Hour on Steam, so I really just want (to backlog) Phantasmagoria I and II.  Anyone own 7th Guest and 11th Hour and willing to do a bro a favor and buy Phant 1 and 2 for me?   I Paypal you. Pay fees.  Cheapy Cheapy....

fuck GOG and their stupid "gotta buy the entire bundle to get a good price" bullshite! I already own 7th Guest and 11th Hour on Steam, so I really just want (to backlog) Phantasmagoria I and II. Anyone own 7th Guest and 11th Hour and willing to do a bro a favor and buy Phant 1 and 2 for me? I Paypal you. Pay fees. Cheapy Cheapy....
I can help you out

I can help you out
Coolio. PM your email and I'll paypal you some dead presidents....GET IT DEAD PRESIDENTS, DEAD FORMER PRESIDENT ABE LINCOLN!!! I'll BE HERE ALL WEEK!

P.S. I can also pay it forward for the Bullfrog bundle since I own those if anyone is looking for 1 or 2 of dem....

irafreak - sounds like I need to break it out again... Playing DA2 right now though....
Give it a chance. At first it was a lot of reading and I felt like I was just toughing it out. Once you get past the tutorial and lose your first shard you're forced to think about your strategy. I switched from the commander to the wizard and started raising zombies to overrun the enemy. Later that wasn't as effective and had to attack lands quickly for income and hold on until I could pull in a heavy mercenary troop (the minotaur is incredible!). Sometimes it's frustrating but rewarding when you find a new way to overcome.

Edit: and I don't like the package deals either. I want 7th guest/11th hour so I'll wait for those to be separate.

I keep getting faked out by the snowman on the left side of the screen. I see it out of the corner of my eye, and I think it's Scrooge McDuck. It's happened like half a dozen times since the sale started.

I liked Dragon Age 2 - even despite laundry list of issues. Its recycling of environments (that drove me crazier more than anything), lack of choices, lack of customization, removal of strategic battles, and removal of the tactical overhead cam.

I just didn't love it anywhere to the likes I loved Dragon Age: Origins - which I think is one of the best classic-style party-based cRPG's since Baldur's Gate 2 + Planescape: Torment.
DA Origins is one of my favorite games... Loved it. I am surprised that I am enjoying DA2 as much as I am. Everything you say is correct... but I love that they have cutscenes for EVERYTHING. Reminds me of Mass Effect 2. I choose a mission and go to it... without the stupid trek through the forest to get to the mission. (I am in act 2)

The characters are great... Isabella is just like Morrigan, Elf girl is just like Leilliana, Mage dude is just like the whiny guy from DA O... Little tweaks, but the characters are fun. Am sort of surprised how "Adult" they let the conversations with Isabella go. Maybe I am just too removed from normal every day conversation....

I LOVE that my character is now being sarcastic... mimicking my answers that I would choose... Awesome

DA Origins is one of my favorite games... Loved it. I am surprised that I am enjoying DA2 as much as I am. Everything you say is correct... but I love that they have cutscenes for EVERYTHING. Reminds me of Mass Effect 2. I choose a mission and go to it... without the stupid trek through the forest to get to the mission. (I am in act 2)

The characters are great... Isabella is just like Morrigan, Elf girl is just like Leilliana, Mage dude is just like the whiny guy from DA O... Little tweaks, but the characters are fun. Am sort of surprised how "Adult" they let the conversations with Isabella go. Maybe I am just too removed from normal every day conversation....

I LOVE that my character is now being sarcastic... mimicking my answers that I would choose... Awesome
I really liked the improvements/changes in Dragon Age 2's graphical direction; graphical quality (the DX10 stuff); and the way combat looked and felt. Sure, it was more action-y - but it looked + felt great. I just wish DA2's combat had also the depth + strategy that was found in DAO; and of course wish DA2 still had the overhead tac-cam.

I also found DA2 to be very personal when dealing w/ Hawke + his family. DA2 often felt less epic in scope, when compared to DAO (we're mostly in one city here in Kirkwall, like in Planescape: Torment), but it also much more personal than DAO.

Also, I found the huge experimentation of Each Act felt like its own 10-20 hour game + story was very intriguing to me. This was one of the things that never made me feel like the game was ever getting too long b/c each Act pretty much had its own main storyline arc. The only thing that ever really reoccurring here and there throughout all the Acts was...

...something eventually personal involving Hawke + his family.

I still do think the main stories for Act 2 + 3 should've been flipped. Act 3 felt like it was more so setting up for DA:I and the next chapter in the saga and would've been a better pill to swallow being the middle chapter (b/c a lot was left hanging + setting up for DAO); while I think Act 2 had the most interesting encounters (namely, with the Qunari arriving in the city + everything happening in the city of Kirkwall around that) and by far the best boss fight in the game...

...with the Arishok.

And yes - I actually liked most of the characters in DA2. I loved Merrill - who reminds me of a combination of the very needy elf Aerie in BG2 + also the very-troubled "trying to good, but having a hard time doing so b/c of her nature + environment" Nathyrra from NWN2: Hordes of the Underdark. Varric is just always entertaining as hell - whether exaggerating, lying or telling the truth, in his stories. Avelline's just a morally sound bad-ass girl that's your solid rock character, who is impossible to dislike.

Off topic... I know.  But still, it is bumping GOG to the top page.
Umm...Baldurs Gate 2 enhanced is up now... and that is a Bioware game... so ....  

Good thing you put spoilers... so I could avoid those.  I hate spoilers...  I think I only play for the story...  and graphics.  :)  

Funny, I don't notice a huge improvement with the graphics... I went back to DAO to compare, and it is similar.  But it would not run in DX10 for me....  Support said I needed to run it in DX9...

Forgot Varric.  He is awesome.  

A strategy that was new:  Enemies spamming after you wipe out the initial ones.  Use to be you spam your huge attacks, and then just pick off what was left.  Not any more...  

Boss fight - Great...  the end of #1 was tough enough...

I am developing a complex that I don't know how to fix.  I think the blood mages SHOULD go to the Chantry... but I hate the chantry forcibly removing them from dreams.  I am stuck between 2 bad things...  I disagree with both.  I need a 3rd option... I will train them.  hahah 

They better increase the amount of flash deals when they go to the recap. I've talked myself into picking up Battle Isle Platinum after seeing it discussed here, and waiting for it to show up again is a real pain when they only reveal a new game every 40 minutes.

Off topic... I know. But still, it is bumping GOG to the top page.
Umm...Baldurs Gate 2 enhanced is up now... and that is a Bioware game... so ....

Good thing you put spoilers... so I could avoid those. I hate spoilers... I think I only play for the story... and graphics. :)

Funny, I don't notice a huge improvement with the graphics... I went back to DAO to compare, and it is similar. But it would not run in DX10 for me.... Support said I needed to run it in DX9...

Forgot Varric. He is awesome.

A strategy that was new: Enemies spamming after you wipe out the initial ones. Use to be you spam your huge attacks, and then just pick off what was left. Not any more...

Boss fight - Great... the end of #1 was tough enough...

I am developing a complex that I don't know how to fix. I think the blood mages SHOULD go to the Chantry... but I hate the chantry forcibly removing them from dreams. I am stuck between 2 bad things... I disagree with both. I need a 3rd option... I will train them. hahah
To run DA2 in DX10 mode, you need a DX11-card (for some reason).

Oh, and you need to download the DA2 high-res texture pack + install it.

They're down on the WAY bottom of this page, down the very bottom:

http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches

[quote name="simpsonps121" post="12324611" timestamp="1418453856"]Ok, I will bite... Why should I be interested in Battle Isle? It looks like an old Atari game... Someone sell me on it... [/quote]
I played the BI games back then. They were really really good. I bought it on GOG mainly for Incubation, never played it. And surely will play the BI games too, for the good memories.

End of sale. All bundles available. That Fantasy Bundle is haunting me again...
I'm pretty sure I am going to buy it. I have been wanting the King's Quest series for a while now. I'm also considering the Sid Meier's pack.

Does anyone own all games in the City Builder bundle and/or the HOMM Series bundle who would be willing to gift me the following in exchange for Paypal or Amazon gift card?:

HOMM 3 Complete - $2.49

Pharaho + Cleopatra - $1.99

Zeus + Poseidon - $1.99

Question:  Is there a way to look at my past purchases?  

I have a gap on my shelf...  and I can not figure out what it is.  Seems to be a game that starts with a W... 

Question: Is there a way to look at my past purchases?

I have a gap on my shelf... and I can not figure out what it is. Seems to be a game that starts with a W...
Did you previously have the beta for the Witcher adventure game? That might be what was removed, since the full game came out a coule weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure I am going to buy it. I have been wanting the King's Quest series for a while now. I'm also considering the Sid Meier's pack.
I'm not going to buy it just because I know I will never play KQ 1, 2, 3 or 4. BUT, I'm not a die hard fan of Sierra adventures... I liked them, a lot, but I was more into Lucas games back then

GOG needs to put a Weeaboo games bundle in its seasonal sale lineup.

On an unrelated note, has anybody played the old Might and Magic games? I'm wondering if you could make recommendations for or against it. I'd like to try it, but I'm not sure if I should get the whole bundle.

Did you previously have the beta for the Witcher adventure game? That might be what was removed, since the full game came out a coule weeks ago.
BINGO!!

Thanks!

If BattleIse shows up can someone pick it up for me? Happy to pay them, just not going to be able to get on tomorrow...

GOG needs to put a Weeaboo games bundle in its seasonal sale lineup.

On an unrelated note, has anybody played the old Might and Magic games? I'm wondering if you could make recommendations for or against it. I'd like to try it, but I'm not sure if I should get the whole bundle.
I played 1 and 2 within the last year. I prefer 4+.

For the price, i'd snag them again.

tnx for the heads up, i'll just wait for jade empire. I have it on steam actually, but would like a DRM free copy for my niece to play. Thats an interesting site you linked Souffrir, i may have to use that

BTW, anyone have trouble getting some of GOG's old games to run? I remember when i palyed Divinitity several months back it was buggy as hell. Weird things like doors wouldn't open, couldnt pick up items to loot. Game breaking junk like that. Makes me concerned about the might and magic pack i bought

tnx for the heads up, i'll just wait for jade empire. I have it on steam actually, but would like a DRM free copy for my niece to play. Thats an interesting site you linked Souffrir, i may have to use that

BTW, anyone have trouble getting some of GOG's old games to run? I remember when i palyed Divinitity several months back it was buggy as hell. Weird things like doors wouldn't open, couldnt pick up items to loot. Game breaking junk like that. Makes me concerned about the might and magic pack i bought
Which Divinity? I've played GOG's version of Divine Divinity on both Mac OS 10.6 and Windows 7, and haven't had a problem on either platform. I think the only GOG game I've had significant trouble with, myself (not to say there aren't a few identified problems out there), is Temple of Elemental Evil, and that's just because the game was released in such a horrendously broken state it's a wonder it runs at all, even after GOG's patches and the community patch.

bread's done
Back