GOG Deals Thread

Toonstruck looks like a solid freebie. I do find it hard to get immersed in these old school adventure games though. And another plus is that this game has cloud support on GOG Galaxy, which is not that commonly supported across GOG's library.

Toonstruck looks like a solid freebie. I do find it hard to get immersed in these old school adventure games though. And another plus is that this game has cloud support on GOG Galaxy, which is not that commonly supported across GOG's library.
Adventure games used to be my favorite with Lucasarts and Sierra games being my gotos. I don't have as much patience for them anymore especially if they have awful controls or are all key word driven. I will give the key word ones a chance, but I'm just not that into them anymore.

giphy.gif

Weekend Deal - Sword-Fighting Promo:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20190719_weekend_sale

ITAD says Sea Dogs series (except To Each Their Own, which is not in this promo & not on GOG) are currently at their historic lowest each, 80% off each @ $1.19 a piece:

https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=sea+dogs

$1.19 each:

Sea Dogs 1.

Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales.

Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships.

Stuff also on sale in this promo include:

Witcher series,

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (cheaper in the HB Monthly),

Absolver,

Shadow Warrior series,

Way of the Samurai series,

Mount & Blade series,

Katana Zero,

etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that XIII is back on GOG.

Looks like it's been back for at least 10 days. But I hadn't checked recently, so I missed the news. Just pointing it out for anybody else who might have missed it.

GOG Black Friday sale is in effect. There are some all-time-low prices in the flash sales. Anno 1404 Gold Edition is $1.49 - the North American title for this game is Dawn of Discovery and includes the expansion. Most of the Heroes of Might & Magic games are just 99 cents.

Towards the bottom of the page, on the lefthand side is "Highest discounts", a list of games that are 90% off. It includes Divinity 2 for $1.99, Dragon Commander for $3.99, and a pinball compilation for 0.59.

Got emailed a discount code for Beamdog's D&D remasters because, ostensibly, I own one of their games and am a newsletter subscriber.

I can't find any Beamdog games in my GOG library, but the D&D remasters for 3 bucks each doesn't hurt my feelings, conceptually. Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna pull the trigger.

Got emailed a discount code for Beamdog's D&D remasters because, ostensibly, I own one of their games and am a newsletter subscriber.

I can't find any Beamdog games in my GOG library, but the D&D remasters for 3 bucks each doesn't hurt my feelings, conceptually. Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna pull the trigger.
I own none of the Beamdog stuff on GOG.

But I do own most of them on Steam...

I bought them all this year from GOG during a sale. Still haven't played them but I did spend about two weeks trying to set up mods. Not proud.

I got the same email and I already own the enhanced editions. It was $30 or so last year or earlier this year for the whole package. Worked out to $5 per game I think.

Is 40% off the new 60% off? I’ve been waiting for several games to drop below that and every single sale they hit the same price point.
Try wanting some of the older Sierra games now that Activision owns them. Only 20% off for 20-25 year old point and click Myst clones like Shivers or The Lighthouse

Try wanting some of the older Sierra games now that Activision owns them. Only 20% off for 20-25 year old point and click Myst clones like Shivers or The Lighthouse
That’s nothing, I was waiting on Neverwinter Nights 2 to get on GOG, join their usual assortment of D&D games that they bundled at every major sale, and then reduce in price before I bought it, and then the remastered Infinity Engine games started coming out and they stopped bundling the D&D games for sales, and the usual sale price for NWN2 skyrocketed. I’m still kinda pissy at Beamdog about that.

I got the same email and I already own the enhanced editions. It was $30 or so last year or earlier this year for the whole package. Worked out to $5 per game I think.
The only thing I can figure is that i owned NWN Diamond and that's bundled with NWN: Remastered so maybe it counts?

Ended up grabbing all of them except Planescape: Torment.

I couldn't find it after some searching, but does GoG have one of those policies where I can get credit if a price drops in a certain window after I bought a game?

I bit on KSP on Saturday night, only for it to be 75% off today.

I just saw that 2 weeks ago GOG disabled the GOG downloader.

Perhaps in the future GOG will disable browser downloads and Galaxy will be mandatory...

:whistle2:k
I can see them not wanting to support 2 downloaders, but to require a de facto launcher would go against their original mission of DRM-free games so hopefully nothing that drastic will ever happen.

For the record, all of these except KOF 98U, KOF 02U, and KOF XIII were included as DRM-free downloads in the NeoGeo 25th Anniversary Bundle on Humble (98U, 02U, and a several others were also included as Steam keys) so anyone interested might want to double check whether they bought that, unless you’d rather have them on GOG.

Not sure what tier you needed to grab for them, though. Looks like I paid $10.

Dungeon Siege 1 and Dungeon Siege 2 - Update on GOG versions:

The Expansions are missing on GOG versions.

DS1 and DS2 on GOG actually do not ship w/ their expansions.

Though, someone used the Steam-fix to add them on the GOG-versions...and it works!

Link on the info:

https://www.gog.com/forum/dungeon_siege_series/enabling_ds_1_2s_expansions_on_gogs_version?pp=d051bf1ddf82f79c6af34f7f4e59707f081296ad

Supposedly, 2K (who owns Mad Doc Software AKA Rockstar New England) holds all the rights to the DS1+2 expansions...and who knows if Square tried to make a deal with them or not. [shrug]

Performance might be better on GOG versions for DS1 & DS2:

Also, sounds like the GOG versions out-the-box run better than the Steam-versions, as DS1 uses a DX wrapper (to cure mouse flickering & lag) and DS2 flat-out runs better b/c they fixed the shader section in the renderer (which got changed in the Steam-version and wasn't friendly to those w/ newer hardware).

Info on that over here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/dungeon_siege_series/do_these_run_better_than_the_steam_version

bread's done
Back