GOG Weekend Deal - Activision RPGs - 30% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Through Monday, May 16 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG and Activision are offering some of their classic role-playing games at a 30% discount. This isn't a bundle deal, so buy one or show your love for swords & sorcery (& steampunk!) and grab them all.

[Promo Page]

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura $4.19
Betrayal at Krondor Pack $4.19 [includes Betrayal at Krondor and Betrayal in Antara]
Return to Krondor $4.19
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption $4.19

Mobygames:
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (80)
Betrayal at Krondor (89)
Betrayal in Antara (69)
Return to Krondor (76)
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (77)

Demos/Videos:
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Betrayal at Krondor (courtesy of the Sierra Help Pages)
Betrayal in Antara
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

Return to Krondor

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcanum is a great game. Haven't played the rest tho. Probably won't get any from this deal (already have way too many games), but I definitely recommend Arcanum to anyone looking for a good Baldur's Gate meets Diablo RPG

Awesome, in for Redemption. Already have/had the others, i.e. played most of them ages ago and probably won't go back. The Krondor games were the cats meow though.

Arcanum was done by the same people who did Fallout 1&2. Fantastic steampunk meets fantasy RPG. If I didn't have a hardcopy I'd be all over it.

I have physical copies of the Krondor games, GoG off Arcanum...but still tempting. Redemption looks fairly good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the Moto Racer series is available for 50% off (or 30% if you just want one game). They apparently have fixed the issues with Moto Racer 3.

Nicely if you already own some of the games, they give you 50% off any/all of the other games you DON'T own instead of only giving you the 30% "non-bundle" price. (I.e., if you own MR1 already, you can still get 2+3 for 50% off..)

Arcanum is so horribly broken... yet so fantastically awesome. It's a no-brainer for $4.19 if you haven't played it.

Interesting, I seem to recall Betrayal at Krondor being Freeware (on the developer's website) at some point. This was years ago though.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Interesting, I seem to recall Betrayal at Krondor being Freeware (on the developer's website) at some point. This was years ago though.[/QUOTE]

It was never officially freeware. Sierra made it available to download for free off their website for a limited time to promote their new RPG, Betrayal at Antara. Many sites assumed that it was now freeware because of this, but Sierra made them take their download links down.

[quote name='KeeperX']Arcanum is so horribly broken... yet so fantastically awesome. It's a no-brainer for $4.19 if you haven't played it.[/QUOTE]

Drog's unofficial patches surely fixed the hell out of it, as well...

I promised myself I'd stop buying games since my backlog is literally dozens deep. But myself can go to hell. I want Arcanum. It looks badass.

Is there a specific place where one can download these patches?

[quote name='MysterD']Drog's unofficial patches surely fixed the hell out of it, as well...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Is there a specific place where one can download these patches?[/QUOTE]

Yes, from Google.

[quote name='Vegan']Yes, from Google.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you were more specific than saying "yes, the Internet". And I LOL'd anyway!

Hardy har har. ;)

I was expecting such a reply, but was also hopeful that someone who had previously patched the game would provide a link to the site with the latest/best patches.

(BTW - I did google first, but, as mentioned, there are multiple sites with apparently different versions of patches, as well as completely different patches).

Anyway, glad I could float a slow pitch out there for you to hit. :)

[quote name='Vegan']Yes, from Google.[/QUOTE]

I tried to play Arcanum, but even with patches, I found it to be a painful experience. I loved Fallout 1 and 2, but I just couldn't stomach Arcanum. It has some serious UI issues.

I completely forgot Activision even published RPGs. In fact, I think those are the last RPGs Activision has published or ever will publish. Blizzard is another story, though it seems they only publish one RPG every decade (Diablo).

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I completely forgot Activision even published RPGs. In fact, I think those are the last RPGs Activision has published or ever will publish. Blizzard is another story, though it seems they only publish one RPG every decade (Diablo).[/QUOTE]

I think the only one of these Activision actually published was Vampire. Activision just owns the rights to the rest of them now, so they're listed as Activision RPGs.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']You call yourself a gamer?[/QUOTE]

ya, i dont game on pc's, havent in years. too much DRM issues and other garbage. I still dont know what this GOG.com site is, looking ati t ilooks like its all pc games or something, plus DLC versions of it as well i think, thats 2 strikes *shrug* whatever

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya, i dont game on pc's, havent in years. too much DRM issues and other garbage. I still dont know what this GOG.com site is, looking ati t ilooks like its all pc games or something, plus DLC versions of it as well i think, thats 2 strikes *shrug* whatever[/QUOTE]

It is pretty easy to put it together looking at the site. They sell downloadable PC games. They only sell older titles (hence the name Good Old Games) in general and have updated them to work on newer operating systems. All the games are DRM free and most if not all come with lots of bonuses like soundtracks/art/etc.

[quote name='palejackal']I tried to play Arcanum, but even with patches, I found it to be a painful experience. I loved Fallout 1 and 2, but I just couldn't stomach Arcanum. It has some serious UI issues.[/QUOTE]

What issues are you referring to? The only complaints I've heard from peeps is the unbalancing of magic vs. technology.

Since I already have a hard copy of Arcanum, is there any reason to buy it from GOG? As in is the GOG release more compatible with Win 7 64 or will the CD version install/run just as well?

Has anyone had issues with the new (but beta) downloader?

I'm grabbing The Witcher with it, but overnight it just stopped downloading, with the program still running. Quit and relaunched it and it's going again. I'm always slightly paranoid about whether there's any data corruption...but then the downloader is supposed to use an integrity check, so theoretically the finished download should be fine...

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya, i dont game on pc's, havent in years. too much DRM issues and other garbage. I still dont know what this GOG.com site is, looking ati t ilooks like its all pc games or something, plus DLC versions of it as well i think, thats 2 strikes *shrug* whatever[/QUOTE]

I don't like you.

bread's done
Back