GoGamer 4/25 - (PC) Riddick $30, BIA:RH30 $2.90, RS3: Raven Shield Gold $4.90

BiA: Earned in Blood also has Starforce. There's a workaround but it's not the easiest one in the world (requires BiA: Road to Hill 30 disc).

Amazon has 100 1 star reviews. Heres a preview of one of them

"I lost 2 of the 3 activation codes by downgrading from vista sp2 to sp1.
changes to pc hardware cfg ie vga card change will also invalidate activations. atari support request is nearly 2 weeks old without reply.
This is unacceptable to atari customers that share this problem. I purchase games solely for fun and to relax and unwind. Games afflicted with this type of convoluted Digital Rights Mess are surely facing fossilized extinction. Grim? No more so than Paying customers having to pay also with time, and having to jump through hoops just for access to products already purchased. Thanks Atari, may I have another."

Bad English but I think it gets the point across. Don't buy this game unless your a fool.

The game has one five star review and one four star review. lol.

[quote name='Kurina']Ah I wasn't aware. May rethink the BiA series then, as I was curious about it.[/quote]

The first BiA game (Road to Hill 30) as far as I know is just the oldy classic securom disk check scheme, while the newest itteration Hell's Highway has no disc check or DRM at all (that I am aware of).

Another game that I know on there with Starforce DRM is Breed.

My personal pick for the best deal of the bunch would be SWAT Generation for $4.90. Just for SWAT 3 in there is well worth it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Riddick has either heavy DRM or Starforce I forget which.[/QUOTE]

Riddick has Tages. I don't know why they couldn't just use Securom or SafeDisc like everybody else.

It's disappointing that Riddick has such crappy DRM on it. I was looking forward to playing it on PC, but now i'll just rent it from gamefly. Red Alert 2 is definitely worth $2. Don't even bother with Serious Sam 2. Serious Sam 1 (first encounter, the one in egypt) wipes the floor with it and is one of the best shooters of that kind.

[quote name='matteo']What website is this from ? GoPcGamer.com ?

More console games please.[/quote]

They've been a heavily PC game centric website forever. They've been adding console games recently though, but PC is still going to be their focus.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Amazon has 100 1 star reviews. Heres a preview of one of them

"I lost 2 of the 3 activation codes by downgrading from vista sp2 to sp1.
changes to pc hardware cfg ie vga card change will also invalidate activations. atari support request is nearly 2 weeks old without reply.
This is unacceptable to atari customers that share this problem. I purchase games solely for fun and to relax and unwind.
344.jpg
Games afflicted with this type of convoluted Digital Rights Mess are surely facing fossilized extinction. Grim? No more so than Paying customers having to pay also with time, and having to jump through hoops just for access to products already purchased. Thanks Atari, may I have another."

Bad English but I think it gets the point across. Don't buy this game unless your a fool.

The game has one five star review and one four star review. lol.[/quote]
haha thats insane!:bouncy:

More console games please.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Us PC gamers get nothing in 95% of sales, this is our last line of defense in sweet deals.

Just look at the 10$ Best Buy sale.

BTW Anyone who needs a well performing gaming keyboard without fancy bells and whistles, the Arctosa comes highly recommended. I love mine.

More console games please.[/QUOTE]

yes....because there are never console deals on this site and so many pc game deals.....:roll:

More console games please.[/quote]
As a PC only gamer this gen, put me down for less console games. GoGamer is where I go for pretty much all of my PC gaming purchases due to these sales and every time a sale slot is used for a console game that coulda gone to a more deserving PC game I die a little bit inside.

Dang, too bad about Riddick. Similar situation with Space Rangers 2, I think :whistle2:/

I know I actually bought that at launch, raced home, and before opening it found out about the nasty DRM, so returned it :whistle2:/

I've got the first release of Riddick though (still in my to-do pile).

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']It's disappointing that Riddick has such crappy DRM on it. I was looking forward to playing it on PC, but now i'll just rent it from gamefly. Red Alert 2 is definitely worth $2. Don't even bother with Serious Sam 2. Serious Sam 1 (first encounter, the one in egypt) wipes the floor with it and is one of the best shooters of that kind.[/quote]

I agree that Serious Sam and Serious Sam: Second Encounter are both much better than Serious Sam 2 (which took a serious dive into console territory), but if you enjoyed the first two, then SS2 is worth a playthrough at a bargain price, in my opinion. There's still plenty of "oh my god I can't believe there are still more of them coming" moments in there. The end level, in particular. :D

Riddick: Dark Athena PC would probably be worthwhile, if it wasn't for the damn DRM...
I shalt wait for a major price drop b/c of the DRM.

Butcher Bay PC was extremely good for a game based off a movie IP.
At least that didn't have annoying DRM.

Just sold a bunch of stuff on ebay so I had money in my paypal to spend and needed a keyboard, perfect! Glad I waited so long to get a new one.

bread's done
Back