GoGamer.com 48/72 hour Madness - SC Chaos Theory $6, BiA Earned in Blood $8, etc

Right, DO NOT BUY Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It is indeed infected with Starforce. That's probably why it's cheaper than the first two games...

Unfortunately we always need to double check this type of thing now.

On the subject of starforce, the new flatout 2 patch 1.2 actually adds starforce to the game

interestingly this give me an impression that you can remove it with a patch

Well at least BIA and SC are Ubi which explains that.

Anyway regardless of the Starforce if you have a console BIA, SC and TOCA are much more "natural" in their "original habitat". That and at least BIA and SC can be had for virtually the same price.

Eh, odd request, but could anybody possible purchase the Brothers in Arms for me, and send it to my address, and I would be more than happy to pay the total cost? Keeping in mind that I only have cash :cry:

[quote name='Roguestriker']So much Starforce hate lol[/quote]

had you experienced the horrors of starforce before making that post, you would hate it too. with a passion.

Stuff like Starforce is seriously hurting PC gaming too. It really stinks when you have to double check every single game you buy before you buy it to be sure it's not infected. I actually got Space Rangers 2 home, found out it had Starforce, so had to return it. That was supposed to be a great game.

And of course it probably hasn't sold well, and they're probably clueless as to why. Just an awful situation.

[quote name='Puppy']Stuff like Starforce is seriously hurting PC gaming too. It really stinks when you have to double check every single game you buy before you buy it to be sure it's not infected. I actually got Space Rangers 2 home, found out it had Starforce, so had to return it. That was supposed to be a great game.

And of course it probably hasn't sold well, and they're probably clueless as to why. Just an awful situation.[/QUOTE]

You can get a digital version of Space Rangers 2 off Totalgaming.net with no DRM now.

[quote name='Reikon']You can get a digital version of Space Rangers 2 off Totalgaming.net with no DRM now.[/QUOTE]

That's just as bad though. It amounts to an extended rental. If that service goes away, your fuck ed.

(I finally figured out how to do the fuck tag! Yay me!)

[quote name='Puppy']That's just as bad though. It amounts to an extended rental. If that service goes away, your fuck ed.

(I finally figured out how to do the fuck tag! Yay me!)[/QUOTE]

Um, this is Totalgaming.net, the same service Galactic Civlizations 2 uses. You don't need to connect to the service to play it. You only need to do that to update the game.

[quote name='Reikon']Um, this is Totalgaming.net, the same service Galactic Civlizations 2 uses. You don't need to connect to the service to play it. You only need to do that to update the game.[/QUOTE]

Nope. You have to validate to install-this appears to function like Steam.

If the service goes away, or you don't have an internet connection down the road, or they quit supporting a game, or whatever else, then you lose access to the games you've "purchased". Hence, this is an extended rental.

Starforce is one of the reason I don't play games on my PC as much as I used to anymore. I HATE having to use pirated cracks to play my legit games. That's just freaking stupid. I don't care how good that game is, it's not worth to have my PC infected with that piece of sh!t protection software.

[quote name='Puppy']Nope. You have to validate to install-this appears to function like Steam.

If the service goes away, or you don't have an internet connection down the road, or they quit supporting a game, or whatever else, then you lose access to the games you've "purchased". Hence, this is an extended rental.[/QUOTE]

I never said you didn't have to connect to install it, that's a given (or how else are you going to get it?). After you install it you never have to touch the service again.

[quote name='Puppy']Stuff like Starforce is seriously hurting PC gaming too. It really stinks when you have to double check every single game you buy before you buy it to be sure it's not infected. I actually got Space Rangers 2 home, found out it had Starforce, so had to return it. That was supposed to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, I'd bought Spellforce 2 from the last Madness, just got it today and now I see there's Starforce when I go to start it. Of course it's not on the US version, only the Euro one which was the one they were selling. -_-

Guess I'm just going to have to live with it since I really want this sucker and for $15 it's not worth returning.

Anyway even if you don't have problems with Starforce it's one of those things that's really bad for the industry even if it's just because they're rather unscruplous and the biggest difference we can make is through the money we spend.

Pox on these Russian mafia jerks.

Don't forget that even if you don't have problems with Starforce, any game infected with it won't run on 64-bit Windows. Starforce infected games shouldn't run on Vista at all if it's security is actually better (it SHOULD prevent Starforce from installing-but for sure it doesn't run under 64-bit versions of Windows).

bread's done
Back