Gogamer.com - $9.90: STALKER/Warhammer 40k Gold | $6.90 Area 51/Juarez/Stronghold Leg

OK, 3 days and no reply.

Let me break the ice and say S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $9.90 is a S.T.E.A.L. (yes you can flame me for making steal an acronym)... Call of Juarez is definitely entertaining, yet was sadly underrated. It's the only FPS that captures the essence of the wild-west fairly well.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I should note that Warhammer mark of Chaos isn't 40k, but I think anybody that would care already knew that.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, got the titles mixed up. Fixed that, thanks.

Anyway, the sale only goes for another 4 hours. Should be another 48-hour madness sale shortly after that.

Yep, Stalker is great at $10. One of the most unique and memorable FPS games I've played in a while. Leaps and bounds ahead of CoD4, not quite on par with Portal and Bioshock.

The sale is over, but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is still $9.90 for anyone interested. Well worth the ~$13 shipped I think. The next sale is up so I'll be making a new thread for it (is there any way to change a thread's topic title?)

For anyone who needs more convincing: GET STALKER AND CALL OF JUAREZ. STALKER is easily worth $13, and is a fantastic game. CoJ is also pretty solid.

EDIT: Oh shit is CoJ done?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Yep, Stalker is great at $10. One of the most unique and memorable FPS games I've played in a while. Leaps and bounds ahead of CoD4, not quite on par with Portal and Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

I somehow missed this thread until today, but yeah, from everything I've heard, Stalker (I don't want to write it out! :D ) sounds awesome, and should be a steal for that price.

I bought it at $20 a while back...but it's in the backlog.

Sounds like it's a Deus Ex/System Shock/Bioshock-esque game almost rather than a straight shooter.

A sequel (actually prequel) is coming out later this year, I think, called Blue Skies (if it's really finished by then).

bread's done
Back