gogamer.com PC HALO Madness Halo1 $7.90 Halo2 $29.90

darkshadows6000

CAGiversary!
From gogamer.com web site:
UPDATED: 2100 CST on 7/4/07. Looks like the cheap deals are gone.

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (OOS)
$7.90 - Save 82%
Reg Price $44.99

DiRT (I)
$27.90 - Save 30%
Reg Price $39.95

Medieval II: Total War (I)
$27.90 - Save 30%
Reg Price $39.95

Roller coaster Tycoon 3 Gold
$12.90 - Save 63%
Reg Price $34.90

Halo: Combat Evolved (OOS)
$7.90 - Save 60%
Reg Price $19.90

Halo 2 DVD-Rom (I) (requires Vista OS)
$29.90 - Save 33%
Reg Price $44.95

Ratatouille for Wii
$34.90 - Save -22%

Transformers for PS2
$29.90 - Save 33%
Reg Price $44.90

[quote name='linkpwns']Halo 1 requires vista?[/QUOTE]

My bad. Halo 2 requires Vista. Halo 1 for the PC was actually pretty good as ports from a console go. Since I don't have a PC with Vista, I can't say anything about whether Halo2 is a good port.

You don't have to use Vista to play Halo2. It runs perfectly fine on my XP. The Halo2 port plays just as well as the Xbox version, which is not saying much. It doesn't compare to more recent FPSs though.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I do wonder why it took them so long to port it over to PC though :/[/QUOTE]

I'm 95% sure it's because Microsoft wants to push the X-Box platform over Windows, since they make money on every game sold.

But it's incredibly stupid, since PC gamers don't care much about Halo anyway, since we've got access to way better shooters. Yet Microsoft sits there with a game that was unimpressive to anyone with a decent PC 3 years ago, and thinks it's going to sell Vista? Nuts.

For $7.90 though I think I may bite on Halo 1, since I'm also going to get...RISE OF LEGENDS!!! It's just $7.90 too! I've really been looking forward to that. Sounds like a solid score, the two of those for

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I do wonder why it took them so long to port it over to PC though :/[/quote]
So they could push Vista (the game doesn't even use DX10, so there is no reason for it to be Vista-only, but it is)

I just picked up Rise of Legends. Good deal.

I really liked the Rise of Nation games, so I'll probably like this one.

Not to be mean, but I'm impressed someone's managed to miss that the Transformers movie exists :D

hmmm... looks like they updated the TF PS2 cover art. Previously, it was showing the older PS2 TF game --- not the movie version.

Another player on the Rise of Legends bandwagon - I've been waiting for this and accidentially just purchased Rise of Nations @ EB for $5 when this is the game I wanted.

bread's done
Back