Gogamer Madness AP PS3 $19.99 LP 2 PS3 $19.99 Alan Wake $29.99 Many back in stock

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
Just received an email and didn't see it posted anywhere. Sorry if it is a repost.

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm?AID=171950&PID=1312731

Xbox 360-Alan Wake $29.90
Xbox 360-Madden 11 $52.90
Xbox 360-Magnacarta 2-$19.90
Xbox 360-Metro 2033 $19.90
Xbox 360-Splinter Cell Conviction $27.90
Xbox 360-Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition $27.90
Xbox 360-Singularity $39.90
Xbox 360-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $44.90
Xbox 360-Red Dead Redemption $44.90
Xbox 360-Kane and Lynch 2 $51.90
Xbox 360-Mafia II $49.90
PS3-Lost Planet 2 $19.90
PS3-Alpha Protocol $19.90
PS3-3D Dot Game Heroes $29.90
PS3-Kane and Lynch 2 $51.90
PS3-Intec Wireless Racing Wheel-G7783 $7.90
Wii-Z Chuk Wireless $4.90
Wii-Arc Rise Fantasia $29.90
Wii-Red Steel 2 $19.90
PC-Singularity $39.90
PC-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $39.90
PC-Splinter Cell Convictions $27.90
PC-STALKER: Call of Pripyat $19.90
PC-Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer Gold Edition $19.90
PC-Aliens Vs. Predator $19.90
PC-Call of Duty World at War $16.90
PC-Rise of Flight $14.90
PC-Time of Shadows $9.90
PC-Death to Spies: Moment of Truth $9.90
PC-Unreal Anthology $6.90
PC-Majesty 2 $4.90
PC-Mass Effect 2 $16.90
PC-RPG: Game Pack $3.90
PC-Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods $3.90
PC-Blood Bowl $3.90
PC-Section 8 $3.90
PC/PS3-Dual SFX Frag Pro Wireless Controller $59.90

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha Protocol would be 23 after shipping. It's at the sweet spot for me, but I just don't want to add any more backlog games to my pile. I want to finish at least a chunk of them before I buy any more games. Grrrrrrrr...

Debating on Lost Planet 2 and Alpha Protocol on PS3. I've finished Alpha Pro already. Pretty good game if you can get past some of the jankiness. I'd definitely play through it again.

Why do I keep missing Metro 2033! I really hope they restock...

That's a fantastic price for Lost Planet 2. Rather have the 360 version though...

Ended up getting Red Steel 2 for that price.

I couldn't pass on Alpha Protocol for $20. I played and beat it on the 360, and even though it has flaws (many), it was still a really enjoyable game.

Tempted on RS2, though I have no Wii Motion-Plus, so I'd have to go and buy one for $15 (making the sale not so great); I have practically everything else though already.

must.. resist.. alpha protocol..

I rented it so I could judge for myself and it's pretty good. I'd pick it up.. but I really, really, REALLY do NOT need to spend money right now!!

First time since the 30 dollar Arkham deal that I've done business with GoGamer. Picked up Arc Rise Fantasia, Lost Planet 2, and Alpha Protocol. Decent deals, not great, but I'll take what i can get. Thanks OP.

Was able to snatch Metro 2033 this time around. Checked the email right away and placed my order. Checked back a few minutes later and it was sold out. Glad I checked my email when I did. ^_^

I've never ordered from Gogamer before. Can anyone tell me if they've ever had any problems with them in the past?

i started writing this to say how i desperately wanted to pull the trigger on Alpha Protocol but was going to resist.

instead... yea, i bought it. darn it.

being a cheap ass gamer is freakin' expensive.

Semi-off topic, but can someone tell me when 90% of CAG posts became Tweets? Or has it always been 'who cares' revelations like "x is MY pricepoint" and "I'm pretty sure this game sucks and MY backlog is huge, but I bit." No, (the collective) you just bite.

P.S. Maybe it only makes sense in the era of the Shipwrecked CAGcasts. This is the audience that clamored for his permanent addition, and I'll never get that one, either.

What, did they have like 10 of each in stock?!?! LAME, Gogame, LAME!

Metro 2033 OOS
Lost Planet 2 OOS
Alan Wake...ooh, still in stock! Hmmm....

(Or I could blame myself for not being up at midnight, I suppose...)

[quote name='jollydwarf']Semi-off topic, but can someone tell me when 90% of CAG posts became Tweets? Or has it always been 'who cares' revelations like "x is MY pricepoint" and "I'm pretty sure this game sucks and MY backlog is huge, but I bit." No, (the collective) you just bite.

P.S. Maybe it only makes sense in the era of the Shipwrecked CAGcasts. This is the audience that clamored for his permanent addition, and I'll never get that one, either.[/QUOTE]

It can be a little annoying sometimes, some folks have adopted it as their "thing" too which really sours me, but at the same time all you gotta do is ignore it, if I'm in a pissy mood I'll just stick to the post without reading the comments and life is good.

Picked-up Xb360 Magnacarta 2, and Wii Red Steel 2 for $19.90 each. Sweet deals on console this week.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Semi-off topic, but can someone tell me when 90% of CAG posts became Tweets? Or has it always been 'who cares' revelations like "x is MY pricepoint" and "I'm pretty sure this game sucks and MY backlog is huge, but I bit." No, (the collective) you just bite.

P.S. Maybe it only makes sense in the era of the Shipwrecked CAGcasts. This is the audience that clamored for his permanent addition, and I'll never get that one, either.[/QUOTE]
yeah its really annoying now when people come in a thread ''ewww this game sucks'' ''ewwww this deal sucks'' ''ewwww everything sucks''
I just read over those posts

[quote name='Vap']I've never ordered from Gogamer before. Can anyone tell me if they've ever had any problems with them in the past?[/QUOTE]

I only ordered from them once, and it was preorder of the Lich King CE. Everything was as smooth as Amazon or Newegg.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What's up with that Intec PS3 racing wheel? Garbage?[/QUOTE]

When I worked at Toys 'R Us several years ago, Intec was the only third-party accessory brand my store carried.

...We sold lots of first-party stuff.

Dear Dustin,

Thank you for shopping at GoGamer.com

The following item from your order is currently on backorder.
While we cannot deliver the item as quickly as anticipated, we expect to deliver within 30 days.
For your convenience, we will alert you by email as soon as additional information is available.

Well seems like i won't be playing Metro 2033 any time soon. -_-

Heads-up, Lost Planet 2 came back in stock for me a few minutes ago. Placed an order and it seems to have gone through alright.

Turns out Stalker 3 DOESN'T have activation, so I'm buying that. (first didn't, second did, third supposedly doesn't)

I was considering Red Steel 2 until I remembered you have to own a motion plus for it, kind of negating the price.

Aaaaand I really want Alpha Protocol, except I don't have a PS3 right now, and I'm not 150% sure I'm buying a new one (although I should, for the pile of awesome unplayed PS3 games I own).

Splinter Cell I think Kmart will be cheaper, but mine only had one copy, so maybe I should go for this. (Plus it's cheaper not counting the $20 coupon at Kmart.)

Metro 2033 sold out in less than 2 hours. Maybe even a lot less. GoGamer just likes to waste my time.

They have like 10 copies and discount them because they know their loss will be minimal that way and they know it will bring your to their site to shop. Jerks.

And you guys, stop falling for it! Shop at Amazon, at least they actually can stock things!

I but stuff from GoGamer pretty frequently. In fact I think I got Metro 2033 from them a few weeks back, along with a bunch of other games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I heard that Alpha Protocol sucks but is it worth $20?[/QUOTE]

I won it off Ebay for $26 when it was still retailing for $60. I absolutely loved it. The very few glitches that I did experience were so minor in comparison to the scope of the game that they were barely noticeable.

Yeah, I've heard mostly good things about it. I mean it sounds like there are issues, and some people might be totally turned off by it, but that there's also a lot of really good stuff there.

Yeah, I really feel Alpha Protocol is probably the most underrated game of this generation.

I really don't see why reviewers killed it so bad, it's almost like they went into the game expecting a shooter but got an RPG.

[quote name='bigloser']Yeah, I really feel Alpha Protocol is probably the most underrated game of this generation.

I really don't see why reviewers killed it so bad, it's almost like they went into the game expecting a shooter but got an RPG.[/QUOTE]

That would be weird if that was it :lol:

I know one of the Giant Bomb guys almost went to play through it AGAIN after finishing it, and while they heavily criticized some stuff, they also really loved a lot of stuff. I think it may be one of those games I end up loving.

I really don't see why reviewers killed it so bad, it's almost like they went into the game expecting a shooter but got an RPG.
I don't see how since the devs took every waking moment to tag the game as an "espionage RPG". The videos I've seen of it certainly seem to echo the reviews: terrible AI, bad graphics(I'd like to think graphics matter at least a little bit in a cinematic type of game as this), boring gunplay... it really seems like a poor man's mass effect. I'm still interested to try it though, and at $20 the price seems right.

I think the graphics and gunplay are "good enough" though, and it's got interesting stuff in terms of conversation systems and stuff. I mean I haven't played it yet, but it's more interesting IMO than a lot of reviews made it out to be.

bread's done
Back