GoHastings 30% Off All Used Video Games, Accessories, and Hardware 4/8-4/9

Damnit.... order a bunch of games. All arrive... and the one I wanted to play tonight (Gears of War Triple Pack), is instead a copy of Gears 2 limited edition.

I guess it all evens out when the other game I got was Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition, surprised me when all items arrived and the code was unused :D

Now for a refund on the gears game and were golden.

Got all of my games, can't test them since I'm home and left the ps3 in the dorm. The disks all look in pretty good condition, except one edge of the falllout NV disk looks a little scuffed or something, hopefully it won't affect anything. Also, the case of Transformers was a bit dinged up, but pretty quality for a used copy. All came complete, and the disks look quite good.
Go Hastings!

[quote name='Steggy']Damnit.... order a bunch of games. All arrive... and the one I wanted to play tonight (Gears of War Triple Pack), is instead a copy of Gears 2 limited edition.

I guess it all evens out when the other game I got was Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition, surprised me when all items arrived and the code was unused :D

Now for a refund on the gears game and were golden.[/QUOTE]

hope your gears 2 l.e. was better than mine.

My copy was really disappointing.

I received my 250 gb hard drive yesterday in good working order, it even came with a transfer cable. For 37 bucks, I'm pretty satisfied

[quote name='Zbornak']Is their customer service usually slow? I was triple-charged for an item and wrote to them the next day. The response e-mail said they'd get back to me within 48 hours, but it's been almost a week and I've heard nothing.[/QUOTE]
im not surprised by it, they either have poor/slow service or no knowledge of games...
here's what i had to deal with:
Customer service lady - how can i help you?
sweetchinmusic- i ordered the platinum edition (which comes in 2 disc and free DLC) and i got the regular edition (1 disc)
Customer service- i'll refund your money and you can reorder the item if you want
sweetchinmusic- *inner thought: WTF..., no shit you'll refund the money, what about the 8 days i just waited for the item, what about the 30% i just wasted, what about the amazon deal that got wasted bc of this*... ok, how long will the refund take
Cs- two weeks
SCM- 2 weeks?!
-few minutes later i started going off on her about false advertising
sweetchinmusic- you cant list an item that you don't have: mind you that they used platinum edition cover art along with 'platinum edition' title, they also matched amazon (just $2 dollar cheaper than amazon though at that time) and gamestop pricing point.
customer service lady- this is just a human error, i guarantee you it wont happen again
sweetchinmusic- *hold on, you want me to wait 2 weeks, get the money back. reorder the item again, wait 8 days to get the item and see whether this happens again or not*
anyways long story short, John (cheapassgames.com) helped me out. he offered more things than the lady on the phone which is sad seeing that if i wasn't posting on this site i woulda been fcked.

and also through john i also learned they never had the platinum edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sweetchinmusic']

Edit: **Rant**

-few minutes later i started going off on her about false advertising[/QUOTE]

Surprised she didn't hang up on you for that, I would have. :roll:

They sent me a Move charge station with no power supply, I didn't freak or get pissed, I emailed them to either send the missing part out or to send me a return label, so I could send it back to them.

I emailed'em at 5AM, had my label by 9AM, I was polite, explained the situation and didn't blame anybody for the error, problem was solved pretty quick. Same day I hit Amazon up and saw it was $5 cheaper, so I picked up a brand new one there, so it all worked out in the end for me. Hell, Hastings sent me a brand new, never opened Nav Controller in the same order when I was expecting a used one when I paid the used price, how many places are going to do that...

Morale of the Story: Don't be an ass to people and they'll be more than happy to help you. Having a little bit of patience goes a long way too. ;)

Don't know if it's posted or not since I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I just noticed I got an email from them and they're doing 20% off used games/accessories this week with code PALADIN. Only thing I really wanted/needed but couldn't get because it was out of stock during the 30% off was a 360 250GB HDD, so I snatched the last one of those for $40 after 20% off. Figured if it wasn't mentioned I'd give a heads-up to anyone, maybe check to see if something recently came back in stock you wanted that wasn't available earlier.

[quote name='uncle5555']Morale of the Story: Don't be an ass to people and they'll be more than happy to help you. Having a little bit of patience goes a long way too. ;)[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Your sig also had me applauding btw. People act so entitled on here at times. I love when people cry that they couldn't get X or Y item and immediately blame some 'evil hoarder', even though it's usually that THEY waited till 8:59pm on Saturday night to try and get to the store and are shocked that the hot sale item for that week is sold out.

What the hell. I keep getting The billing address entered does not match the bank's records. Please try again. I ordered a bunch of stuff before, now I get this stupid message.

bread's done
Back