Gohastings.com B2G1 for $1 on used games

[quote name='ShockandAww']Crap. Well that was the last one and it's expired! This one uses promo code USEP! This is completely different! I just wanted to say gohastings or go fuck yourself! Exclamation point![/QUOTE]

Click the link in the main post of the thread I linked to.

Great deal if you are ordering games about $30+. $7 shipping for 3 games negates the deal completely for cheaper stuff.

[quote name='slidecage']shipping kills the deal[/QUOTE]

Wow, no kidding. Wanted to order a few >$5 books, the shipping was $7!

[quote name='ShockandAww']hey I bumped the other thread for you lol. Wow yeah $7 per game? Lousy.[/QUOTE]
Shipping for games is about $2.25 each, which is reasonable in my opinion since they often ship them from different stores.

I have to say, the service is deteriorating... My last order messed up bad, ordered a used hardcover and got a paperback! Not only it's the wrong format, the paperback is so dirty (shocked me). I got credits back (shipping too), but only the promo credit, i.e. $1 :whistle2:( That's like buying two at used price and get nothing else, stupid right?

[quote name='Serpentor']I have to say, the service is deteriorating... My last order messed up bad, ordered a used hardcover and got a paperback! Not only it's the wrong format, the paperback is so dirty (shocked me). I got credits back (shipping too), but only the promo credit, i.e. $1 :whistle2:( That's like buying two at used price and get nothing else, stupid right?[/QUOTE]

It's not really the service that has gone down.

Hastings always had an issue keeping consistency with the quality of everything they sell used because most are trade-ins and each store has a different demand of what they are willing to take in.

And Hastings also officially changed their "100% Guaranteed" policy, to actually reflect that quality and completeness is no longer any of their worry and you can go @#$% yourself if you don't like it.

"Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used movies, video games and CDs."

So pretty much people can bitch and moan all they want about the not getting complete stuff anymore, and now Hastings actually has it written into their policy to reflect that as well, so they can just say no if you don't get the quality or completeness that was desired.

I still shop with them once in awhile, but they just aren't like the way they used to be, which was pretty good since the "100% Guaranteed", truly was 100% satisfaction too.

First they raised shipping costs, now this.

Just a total crap shoot.

I'll keep ordering from them until they do me wrong. Last week I ordered G.I. Joe Season 1.1 for $8 used, they sent me a brand new/sealed copy of it. (manufacturer's promotional hype sticker still on the wrapper)

Just to clarify, their website was never supposed to combine shipping. I had talked to C/S long ago and they didn't know why the website was doing that, but they said it would be changed soon (took them quite a while to get around to it). It makes sense that it's a flat per item charge since they rarely if ever ship items together from one place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad flip w/ amazon .... 3 madden 11's (wii) for $75 flipped to amazon (assuming you get the full package from gohastings, though) for $105. If you only get 2 full packages, you can always send 1 to gazelle for $18 ... so at least you make $13. As always, I would caution that if you don't get any full packages (unlikely, but possible) then you will lose money ...

Last edited by a moderator:
They got me again... Resistance 1 and 2, Fable 2 (again), Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Demon's Souls, Bourne Conspiracy, and Burnout Paradise for about $110. Gotta stock up for another long winter haha.

If anyone's thinking about ordering from them, I suggest looking at the prices on the game you're interested in for a few days, the prices fluctuate quite a bit (for example, Star Ocean: The Last Hope was nearly $19 about a week ago- it's $13.05 now).

[quote name='Dreaddan']If anyone's thinking about ordering from them, I suggest looking at the prices on the game you're interested in for a few days, the prices fluctuate quite a bit (for example, Star Ocean: The Last Hope was nearly $19 about a week ago- it's $13.05 now).[/QUOTE]

The only problem with that is that Hasting prices also fluctuate upwards just as much as it goes downwards, so if you wait you could easily actually be losing out on the game price instead, which has happened to me among others quite often.

[quote name='squarehard']the only problem with that is that hasting prices also fluctuate upwards just as much as it goes downwards, so if you wait you could easily actually be losing out on the game price instead, which has happened to me among others quite often.[/quote]

+1

Alright deal, but fine print kills it to a certain extent. This deal doesn't include previously viewed copies. Sometimes PV copies are cheaper than Used ones and are usually part of this sale.

After my two previous puchases. I am afraid to buy from gohastings again. They had a nice run but seems like they dont care anymore.

first time buying from them and i guess i lucked out. all used:
Dead Space - mint, complete box and manual
Infamous - same
Ratchet and Clank Future - NEW, sealed

i was surprised it came new, it was my $1 game. will shop with them again

I was sitting on the wii fit bundle but apparently it's not a part of the sale. I bought it using the coupon GHWES910 for $5 off so it came to $32. Not bad, I guess ...

Picked up Resonance of Fate, 3D Dot Heroes, and Arc Rise Fantasia. $62 total. Considering how long I've been looking for a good deal on RoF I can't complain.

I've ordered twice before from Hastings during b2g1 and have never been disappointed by either the quality of the games or the shipping considering they all ship from different stores.

Quick question: I've just received my first faulty game from them- is their policy on Used Games returns any different to that of their New Games returns?

[quote name='Dreaddan']Quick question: I've just received my first faulty game from them- is their policy on Used Games returns any different to that of their New Games returns?[/QUOTE]

You will have to call. I've had to return 3 games and each time the refund process was different; 1 time they sent me a replacement, 1 time they refunded me $15 gift card for a $12 game, 1 time they refunded me half of the cost of a game b/c I had bought 2 and 1 of them was the $1 game. Bizarre.

bread's done
Back