goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Hastings' sales usually start Friday, so the prices we're seeing now will likely be higher tomorrow no?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for dual deals at midnight central time

Wow. Talk about expedited shipping. Ordered on saturday during B2G1 and called to find out where my shipping was. I only did the automated order status and got my tracking number to surprisingly learn that the package was barely shipped and processed by USPS yesterday. Talk about FAIL.

would anyone having any idea when the free shipping will kick into effect, im planning on ordering a ton of movies...

[quote name='flop']Wow. Talk about expedited shipping. Ordered on saturday during B2G1 and called to find out where my shipping was. I only did the automated order status and got my tracking number to surprisingly learn that the package was barely shipped and processed by USPS yesterday. Talk about FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats unacceptable since they gave it too you for free and its during the slow season for packages right?:roll:

[quote name='lhfan04']would anyone having any idea when the free shipping will kick into effect, im planning on ordering a ton of movies...[/QUOTE]

Maybe midnight central since their CS phone number opens based upon central time. Just guessing though. I've scoured all 80 pages of Blu-Ray movies, some hidden gems in there. :)

[quote name='realskillz']cant wait for tomorrow I already have my cart ready[/QUOTE]

Me too!

Man goHastings is trying to piss people off lol. If I were a betting man, the expedited shipping is slower at shipping than the standard because my order was shipped less than 24 hours.

Now they have free shipping which I wanted and could have waited.

Oh well. There was nothing I really wanted from the site.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Maybe midnight central since their CS phone number opens based upon central time. Just guessing though. I've scoured all 80 pages of Blu-Ray movies, some hidden gems in there. :)
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you're right. I've noticed deals die at midnight cst, so I'd assume the new deals for that day would go into effect at the same time.

So we can all expect the site to crash around 11:59pm. :)

[quote name='flop']Wow. Talk about expedited shipping. Ordered on saturday during B2G1 and called to find out where my shipping was. I only did the automated order status and got my tracking number to surprisingly learn that the package was barely shipped and processed by USPS yesterday. Talk about FAIL.[/QUOTE] same issue here, how do i get a tracking number?

Received my copy of The Saboteur. Disc has a barcode on it a la Redbox rentals and it didn't come with the DLC ticket (which I didn't even know the game had until I booted it up, but knowing EA, I should've expected it). A few scratches, but otherwise plays fine so far.

[quote name='Dranakin']Received my copy of The Saboteur. Disc has a barcode on it a la Redbox rentals and it didn't come with the DLC ticket (which I didn't even know the game had until I booted it up, but knowing EA, I should've expected it). A few scratches, but otherwise plays fine so far.[/QUOTE]

those peel off pretty easily, sometimes a sticky residue is left but it doesnt take much to get it off

[quote name='ploppsdman']I just tried, it says [FONT=Verdana, Arial]FREESHIP not valid.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
If you have a mature rated game in your cart, you have to check the box on the bottom right stating that you are at least 17 years of age. Check that box, enter FREESHIP, and click apply. Hopefully that works for you.

I'm thinking about piecing together a move bundle.

PS Eye - $25
Sports Champions - $15

and then waiting for a deal on the Move controller. OR I could just buy the Move bundle for $72. Decisions

it was having trouble, i had to apply it at least ten times before it worked for me...hopefully my games dont get canceled, but thats not very likely...i picked up batman, nba jam, prototype and uncharted...i really just want nba jam to go through as ive already had it canceled three times

F** go hastings.......finally got my order to go through....thankgod i ps the final order screen, because as soon as I hit submit, they changed my order and charged shipping......that will be a nice waste of 20 minutes tomorrow.....I would send an email now, but since the rep posted emails are backed up, theres no point :/

Put in my first order, mainly for older games I've been wanting to play

Motorstorm - $3.97
SKate - $3.97
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - $5.65

Nothing I really want in stock, but I ordered Uncharted (played the second, never the first), and Inception and Toy Story 2 on BR.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Put in my first order, mainly for older games I've been wanting to play

Motorstorm - $3.97
SKate - $3.97
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - $5.65[/QUOTE]

You can answer my question then. Is it a multiple use coupon?

Just wondering if the Used games come complete, i know that previously viewed ones have a chance of not having the case etc.

Thanks. I thought there were some single use ones in the past, but I could be wrong. Going to place a small order now and look for more later.

Has anyone had any luck using Hastings gift cards with online promotions? I'm getting an error: "Sorry we are unable to process your order with a gift card. Please choose another form of payment."

Kratos is staring me down at 17.37 in my cart...

EDIT: The problem was me being a moron. The first code you need from the gift card includes the 4 so it's actually 11 digits and not 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered a bunch of older games in the $4-7 range with this free shipping makes it worth ordering those titles... Liked how the 20% promo overlapped the FS promo.

Most likely they will fix this by the morning, order while you can I guess. (anyone know when the 20% off expires)

[quote name='gastrophetes']Has anyone had any luck using Hastings gift cards with online promotions? I'm getting an error: "Sorry we are unable to process your order with a gift card. Please choose another form of payment."

Kratos is staring me down at 17.37 in my cart...[/QUOTE]

I've done it once with no issues, it just deducted the GC from my total.

man, so much cheap stuff I could blow money on...good time to build a backlog if you don't already have one. I had about 40 items in my cart, but knocked it down to 10 to tone down the insanity.

Okay, I am fucking pissed with gohastings right now, I did 2 orders my second order went through fine. The first order however I put in the free shipping code and everything and it went through fine. But when I go to look at the invoice there is a fucking $22.80 shipping charge on there fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

[quote name='mitnosi']Asking again, anyone know if the used copies(not previously viewed) come complete?[/QUOTE]

There's a chance they won't, but most of the time used games will come with the case+manual. I've ordered three or four games and all have had the cases, only one was missing the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back