goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
My Metroid Prime Hunters for DS arrived... The outside of the case was a little scratched up, but that's not a big deal. The game came complete and whoever traded it in even included the official Nintendo DS Rumble Pak as it was sitting there in the GBA slot of the case. I already have a white knockoff Ruble Pak that fits flush into my DS Lite, but its still pretty cool it came with the Rumble Pak. I don't think Hunters was a game that came bundled with the Rumble Pak but I could be wrong.

Now to see what condition my DJ Hero bundle comes in...

It really is hit or miss with 'em. I got my order (Fable II, Left4Dead:GotY, and Infinite Undiscovery) and everything was like-new and complete. Fable even came as the Limited Collector's Edition (slipcover included!), which was awesome. On the other hand however, my friend Earthbound_X's order was wrong and one of the games was in horrible condition. Shipping was quick once it finally got out of the door, but it did take a while for them to process it. Overall, I'm thrilled...but I'll probably have to think a while before rolling the die on another order.

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$10 Off $40 or $20 Off $60

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Any word on free shipping? Music and Movies are way too expensive if you include the shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

No free shipping on the deal...

Op Updated...

Some examples of PS3 deals after the promo:
Catherine - $32.xx
GT5 - $22.xx
LBP2 - $22.xx
LA NOIRE - $22.xx
Infamous 2 - $23.xx
Deadspace 2 $15.xx
Deus Ex - $39.xx
SSIV Arcade - $20.xx
FEAR 3 - $22.xx
Shadows of the Damned $25.xx
Prince of Persia HD Trilogy - $20.xx
Portal 2 + Orange Box - $26.xx

FYI - Code is live now.

[quote name='kodave']Does the code take into consideration shipping or just the base price?[/QUOTE]

Shipping is always applied after any discounts

Shipping is always such a downer on goHastings. :( Their prices are already lower than most places, but the $2.xx per item shipping cost kills most of their weekly deals. I would be happy if they only offered free shipping as a weekly deal. I ordered a good 30 movies from them during their 10% off w/free shipping Facebook promo.

Game purchased between $30-32 dollars before applying DAYOFF are cheaper with the regular shipping price in the current deal...a whole $0.02-0.52...than the recent 25% & $1 per shipping...great if you want/need one of the examples I had posted:

Prices after promo:
GT5 - $22.xx
LBP2 - $22.xx
LA NOIRE - $22.xx
Infamous 2 - $23.xx
SSIV Arcade - $20.xx
FEAR 3 - $22.xx
Prince of Persia HD Trilogy - $20.xx

[quote name='Muthafodder']If someone places two separate orders...please confirm that the code is not one time use per account.[/QUOTE]

Just did it. Coupon is not one time use per account.

Hated the second prince of Persia, 95% of the game is backtracking, the map is 1000% useless and the heavy metal music doesn't fit the game at all. Oh and if I hear one of those ninja chicks say "there's sooooo much pleasure in pain" and "don't you know not to strike a woman" one more time I will flip out ! Not to mention in the 2008 prince of Persia you can warp all over the map which would have been usefull in this game

Still waiting on Bionic Commando and The Saboteur to ship, the other 3 came in the same envelope the other day. Only other nitpick is some sticker residue on the case for GTA IV, emphasis on nitpick.

Got my order of 4 games from the sale the other day. All complete and in perfect condition. Yet another successful order from Hastings. Don't know where all the complaining comes from

Sort of OT but I'll ask in here anyway, UPS lost/broke the Oskar 544 Multimedia Cabinet I ordered, they're sending whatever is left back to GoHastings.

Does anyone know if GoHastings will send a replacement, or will they give me a refund ?
Will this happen automatically or will I need to chase it ?[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

If anyone is interested in blu-rays, if you combine blu-rays into your cart with a qualifying item, the discount will work.

Also if you are short the total amount by a little, you can always add a cheap book to the order as a filler without adding to the cost of shipping.

[quote name='benjamouth']Sort of OT but I'll ask in here anyway, UPS lost/broke the Oskar 544 Multimedia Cabinet I ordered, they're sending whatever is left back to GoHastings.

Does anyone know if GoHastings will send a replacement, or will they give me a refund ?
Will this happen automatically or will I need to chase it ?[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'd contact goHastings and not rely on any 'automatic' solution:

gohastings

[quote name='Squarehard']If anyone is interested in blu-rays, if you combine blu-rays into your cart with a qualifying item, the discount will work.

Also if you are short the total amount by a little, you can always add a cheap book to the order as a filler without adding to the cost of shipping.[/QUOTE]

Books as filler items are a great idea!

[quote name='Muthafodder']I'd contact goHastings and not rely on any 'automatic' solution:

gohastings
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what I thought, I'll get in touch with them.

Did GoHastings change the deal? I just got this email sometime this morning:

email_template_09012011_hero.jpg

$5 off $40 and $10 off $60 is a lot different than the $5 off $20 and $10 off $30 that the OP updated with.

Umm it looks like the sale changed? I just got a email that says it's now $5 off $40 or $10 off $60. WTF

Beat'd: And I just confirmed it's changed. Gay sale is now gay

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Umm it looks like the sale changed? I just got a email that says it's now $5 off $40 or $10 off $60. WTF
[/QUOTE]

Wow that's crazy. Good think I ordered last night. It is strange though, I never received a confirmation email, which has never happened to me before. I do have pending charges on my card though. My guess is it will get cancelled. I just checked the order status and it says in progress. We'll see what happens. OP better update the title.

FFS hastings, why change the deal? It's so much worse now. Should have just ordered last night like I planned but was too lazy to go get the cc :(

Sale wasn't actually released & live until today...they changed nothing.

Just the deal isn't as grand as expected...should have jumped on the deal when you had the chance before it was officially released.

If you received the email with $5 off $40 and $10 off $60...you missed nothing, rather those that didn't wait got a nice deal while it wasn't officially released.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Sale wasn't actually released & live until today...they changed nothing.[/QUOTE]

Did you or did you not post a graphic like the one shown above showing $5 off 20 and $10 off 30? I am 100% positive you did...

[quote name='Muthafodder']2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $20 or $10 Off $30
Use Promotional Code _ _ _ _ _ _
Valid 9/1-5/11

*Code will be revealed 8/31/11...
[/QUOTE]

Also if you claim nothing was changed, where did this info come from?

What part of unreleased are you missing???

Where did you see goHastings advertise the deal?
I do not represent them...only post deals I'm aware of.

I make no claims that unadvertised deals will be the same when released to the general public...nor would any sane person make that assumption.

I don't get the anger...other than being upset that the deal before public release cannot be had?
Nobody was entitled to the prior deal as it WAS NOT official.

Uhhhh, if you posted the information about the deal that means they did RELEASE it to the public. They obviously posted this in ADVANCE to get people hyped up for it, hence the whole preview of the code you posted above with the original $5 off 20, $10 off $30 offer. The fact that it's different now that it's "official" means they did Change it. I don't see how you don't get this.

If in fact they didn't release that info to the public, then tell us where you got it from? You had the graphic with the original prices and the hangman code preview above. Where is that from? Let's even assume you got this info from an inside source, do you not see that it was originally planned to be that offer? Why was a graphic shown with those prices? Why was that particular offer actually working? Do you not agree that it was changed? Why shill so hard for them and try to defend and obvious change from the original sale

[quote name='ssjmichael']Uhhhh, if you posted the information about the deal that means they did RELEASE it to the public.[/QUOTE]

It was not released...much more like leaked Black Friday ads.

Maybe you'd like to ruin a good thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back