goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']People getting crappy condition games must be ordered pre-owned instead of used. Everything I've ever ordered has been in complete/great shape.[/QUOTE]

You mean previously viewed. Used games are what people traded in. Previously viewed are what they rented out. Previously viewed are usually in worse condition than used.

I'm confused about my current order. Got an email saying it shipped Tuesday, but my tracking information says differently and hasn't updated. Was hoping to get it today, but hopefully it'll come tomorrow. The reason I hoped it would come today was because it says they used 2nd day air... Sounds like a nice upgrade.

I got my copies of Rock of the Dead and Secret Service today. RotD was sealed and Secret Service looks gently used, few light scratches. Hopefully it plays well but for about $15 im pleased.

[quote name='elessar123']Got our shelves lol. It was wrapped in brown butcher paper, so by the time it got to me, you can just imagine how it looked.[/QUOTE]

No damage to the actual item right? God I hope mine isn't all fucked up... Supposed to get here tomorrow, just before the hurricane :)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']No damage to the actual item right? God I hope mine isn't all fucked up... Supposed to get here tomorrow, just before the hurricane :)[/QUOTE]

The boxes were extremely beat up, but there's no visible damage that I know of on the first box the GF opened.

I can't place the order... they're giving me two error messages:

"The credit card security code entered is invalid. Please try again."

"The billing address entered does not match the bank's records. Please try again."

Both of which are absolute lies, and I've never had a problem using this credit card anywhere else online. Now it's giving me this too, probably because I tried to order too many times:

"We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464."

Man, I am so pissed off. This is such a great deal.

Ordered 4 used games for Xbox 360:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $15.59
Dead Space 2 $14.14
Full Auto $4.29
Import Tuner Challenge $8.39

Total with S&H = $46.41

THANK YOU CAGs & GoHastings :D

Decided to go in for DJ Hero 1 single turntable bundle for Wii for $11.76 shipped. I'm half expecting them to ignore the SKU and send me just the game, and I'll have to go through the whole refund process.

How long does it usually take for them to refund you after you return a game? I sent in my fallout 3 game of the year edition because the disk was cracked. Its been 3 weeks and still no reply from them. Was just wondering if I should try and contact them or if I should just wait.

i ordered from gohastings for the first time they have good prices but the shipping usually kills it for me but with the 1234 code i managed to get 99 nights 2 and dynasty warriors strikeforce for $18 used best part is they came brand new completely sealed and took only 3 days to get to me

4 games i order came complete

Wheel of fortune Ds 9.xx shipped complete
harvest moon farming 6 something complete
jagged allicance 5 compele
gift 5 bucks resealed

thinking of a 2nd order but cant find anything i need IN MY CART BUT DOUBT I ORDER

(adding the buck shipping charge)

Yu gi oh 2011 19
Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics 5.65 tempted to get another
class field trip another gift for 5 shipped

UFC Undisputed 2010 psp Discount does not work if it did 1075

so i pass

Coming Soon:
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Also check out the weekly upcoming in-store ad in the OP.

i almost bought so much, but then decided to get a month of GF instead. everything i want is good but most are short. thanks for the heads up for B2G1, it really is best used for expensive titles right? because shipping will be the standard 3 with it?

inFAMOUS 2 is $22.74 shipped. Too bad I bought it for $29 from amazon warehouse. Oh well, I had amazon credit anyways.

[quote name='Muthafodder']B2G1 for $1 is live...limited selection :whistle2:(

Better get your fix with the $1 S/H per Item & 25% off before the day's end :)[/QUOTE]

Im shocked their are so limited on the b2g1.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']inFAMOUS 2 is $22.74 shipped. Tood bad I bought it for $29 from amazon warehouse. Oh well, I had amazon credit anyways.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that too and immediately bought it. Great deal.

I've ordered at least 20 games in the past two months from them. I've ordered around 10 other games besides that and today I order a game and it gets cancelled. I've had it happen once before and it takes forever to get the money back when you used paypal. I used a paypal debit card.

I forget, what is the standard shipping for games when this $1 sale isn't going on?
Just wondering if this with 25% off is a better deal, OR b2g1 1$ is better.

Got my Heavenly Sword today.
Freaking wow it's brand new but with no shrink wrap, not even joking.

Anyway so far with my 3 purchases from gohastings I have been more than happy with. They have been New to Like New and only 1 didn't have the booklet. Though it had everything else so it wasnt to big of a deal.

[quote name='sunnysky']I forget, what is the standard shipping for games when this $1 sale isn't going on?
Just wondering if this with 25% off is a better deal, OR b2g1 1$ is better.[/QUOTE]

The upcoming B2G1 will only work for a severely limited selection.

Highly unlikely anyone will want 3 of these games...there's only 19 titles available.

Don't know if the deal will work outside of this selection or if it will be expanded.

Got a strange mistake, books-wise, today. Ordered two volumes of a comic series, got one volume correct, the other a spin-off side series. For $1.20 brand new I'm not going to complain (One I got looks cooler anyhow), but kind of odd.

Standard shipping is $2.28.

If you take the average price of per game under B2G1 including shipping and compare it to the 1234 deal for one game including shipping, if the game is less than $19.36 you should do 1234, but if its greater than $19.36, you should do B2G1.

But obviously with B2G1 you have to spend more to 'save more,' plus its only select titles I believe, whereas 1234 is good on everything and you only have to buy 1 game at a time, but 1234 is probably ending soon.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Got a strange mistake, books-wise, today. Ordered two volumes of a comic series, got one volume correct, the other a spin-off side series. For $1.20 brand new I'm not going to complain (One I got looks cooler anyhow), but kind of odd.[/QUOTE]

The GoHastings employees in-store are rather shitty when it comes to fulfilling online orders. They don't bother looking at the product SKUs or UPCs from your order - they just try to guess based on title for what you ordered. Chances are one of them said "fuck it, looks close enough" and just sent you the spinoff instead of the correct volume you ordered.

4 of my games shipped (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Dead Space, God of War Collection, Fallout 3)... Dead Space 2 got canceled though... Oh well will just order it on Amazon whenever I am close to beating Dead Space 1.

I had ordered a ton of DVDs with the free shipping code and now just before the $1 shipping expires, I ordered a few double feature DVDs too:

American Beauty/Virgin Suicides
Desperado/El Mariachi
In Her Shoes/There's Something About Mary
Day After Tomorrow/The Happening
Hannibal/Manhunter/The Silence of the Lambs

11 movies in all for ~$18 shipped isn't bad.

I had a 30% off with free shipping code in my email from gohastings. I spent about $60 I could have easily spent twice that much but I restrained myself. Pretty much emptied my wish list.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']I had ordered a ton of DVDs with the free shipping code and now just before the $1 shipping expires, I ordered a few double feature DVDs too:

American Beauty/Virgin Suicides
Desperado/El Mariachi
In Her Shoes/There's Something About Mary
Day After Tomorrow/The Happening
Hannibal/Manhunter/The Silence of the Lambs

11 movies in all for ~$18 shipped isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Virgin Suicides is one of the most depressing movies ever made, I couldn't be paid to watch it again.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Virgin Suicides is one of the most depressing movies ever made, I couldn't be paid to watch it again.[/QUOTE]

Hmm it has a 7.2 rating on IMDB after 55k ratings.

Holy crap. The selection on b2g1 is just stupid bad.
I'm proud of myself for holding out on several games during the 25% w/$1 shipping promo. Those games would have just sat around for months un-touched. And by the time I'd have gotten around to playing them, they'll be even cheaper.

I can't quite figure this one out.
Obviously Gohastings know this is a worthless sale.
I wonder if somebody actually screwed up the listing or something.
Strange.

Is this a mistake or just they trying to say thay have a deal?
Must be something better coming for labor day and they fill the blank in between with worthless sale, I hope.

Well there are going to be good sales and bad sales, guys. Be patient and wait for better ones. For this week, direct your attention to BBV B1G1. :)

[quote name='kouleefoh']Well there are going to be good sales and bad sales, guys. Be patient and wait for better ones. For this week, direct your attention to BBV B1G1. :)[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother. BBV should be a fun stop tomorrow. I hope a few good titles have dropped to 14.99.

Received Bayonetta a couple of days ago. Arrived in great condition, came with manual as well. There was a fingerprint on the CD but nothing a bit of cleaning couldn't fix.

gohastings shipping has been bugging out on me lately. hopefully they are just taking their sweet time but some games i ordered on the 21st still arent here yet and my credit card has been charged. so hopefully they are here on monday or else i gotta call customer service and figure it out. ugh. hopefully they don't just blame the post office like last time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back