goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
129014569688958255.jpg

1. whats the difference between USED and previously played?

2. do the games inclde CASE, DISK and MANUAL?

3. are they in horrible condition or in like new condition?

i buy complete games, not scratched disks in generic black cases.
anyone know the answers??

There are some freaking awesome deals on there. Hot Pursuit in the $14.xx for either PS3 or 360, that's hot.

Hmmm. Must be having maintence because EVERYTHING went out of stock all of the sudden. lol (4AM EST)

Glad it came back around 4:30. Man oh man. So want infamous 2 for $31 shipped...

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']1. whats the difference between USED and previously played?

2. do the games inclde CASE, DISK and MANUAL?

3. are they in horrible condition or in like new condition?

i buy complete games, not scratched disks in generic black cases.
anyone know the answers??[/QUOTE]

This is what I'd like to know, too. I got 7 separate shipping e-mails from Go Hastings for my last 2 orders, so I'm anxious to see how the cds are when they arrive. Kinda nervous, because I don't like stripped/incomplete cds or games, either.

Got my first game in today from the free shipping promotion and it didn't have a manual. Even though I know that current hastings policy is that there's no completeness guarantee for used games, is it still pretty easy to get a game returned? It's in fairly bad shape regardless.

[quote name='shieryda']This is what I'd like to know, too. I got 7 separate shipping e-mails from Go Hastings for my last 2 orders, so I'm anxious to see how the cds are when they arrive. Kinda nervous, because I don't like stripped/incomplete cds or games, either.[/QUOTE]

You and the poster you quoted need to read the first post in this thread. Your questions are answered in the FAQ.

[quote name='fwbweux']Got my first game in today from the free shipping promotion and it didn't have a manual. Even though I know that current hastings policy is that there's no completeness guarantee for used games, is it still pretty easy to get a game returned? It's in fairly bad shape regardless.[/QUOTE]

Just email them or call CS. I don't know if they make you pay for return shipping if you're just unhappy about the condition. If they sent you the wrong item or it doesn't work, its usually easy to get them to send you their return shipping label which they pay the post office for shipping when it arrives back to them. Sometimes they just refund you and let you keep the item if its the wrong item or defective.

There is a bunch of cheap games I'm tempted to get with this, like 12 games for $50 some bucks, but I've heard so many horror stories about the condition of these games...

ive only had positive experience ordering from gohastings. but of course ive only ordered a couple of times. im sure they are a couple bags apples in the bunch. i still cant find anything im interested in at all.

Everything I have ordered has come in great condition. Whether it's been a game or a CD. And shippings been fast. I'd get more games but I need to finish a few before I do.

[quote name='Dahk']Found 2 books I want but CRANNY isnt discounting them. What a letdown[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it only applies to those books through the link in the OP.
If you're searching individually...which most will do, you'll be hit or miss.

If you're looking for guides, try perusing through these:

Prima
Brady
PiggyBack

Any guide found through those links should apply...others might work as well, but it's hit or miss and listed outside the promotion.

[quote name='Dahk']Both of my choices were from your links. Oh well :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know they've removed a lot of the collector's editions from the promotions too... :(

My HyperDimension Neptunia for $50 just got canceled.
This is the first time they've canceled an order on me. Now I get why everyone is always salty when cancellations start happening. It sucks...

[quote name='stageman12']Heavy Rain is back in stock (apparently) right now if anyone's interested...;)[/QUOTE]
Got one, thanks. I beat it when it came out but I really liked the game. I think it is worth owning for $14

GDY GoHastings... A game I ordered at the start of the sale is now $1.08 cheaper in total. Its a game under $10 so the $1 difference matters (a little) - its a 12% difference.

I'm not actually mad at GH as I'm well aware how their system works, but like any CAG I want my recently ordered item to be as cheap as possible.

The Atlantic Oskar 7XX I ordered a few days back finally shipped, via UPS Ground/3-Day and I should have it by Friday. I was afraid they'd let it sit there for two weeks then cancel the order but they came through this time!

Thanks again Muthafodder ^.^

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The Atlantic Oskar 7XX I ordered a few days back finally shipped, via UPS Ground/3-Day and I should have it by Friday. I was afraid they'd let it sit there for two weeks then cancel the order but they came through this time!

Thanks again Muthafodder ^.^[/QUOTE]

Same. Mine shipped this morning. Wish I had ordered a third though, to replace some smaller shelves.

[quote name='aznhero913']when does this promo end?[/QUOTE]

Their promos are released weekly each Sunday morning at 1AM EST and can be found here before you'll ever receive the email as they are sent out in batches and in an unknown order.

Weekly Email Newsletter Deals

They should go live shortly after 1AM EST each Sunday morning and remain active until the next promo goes live, unless it's a special one-day or like promo. There have also been weeks with no promotions.

made a double order

HIGHLY DOUBT MOST OF IT SHIPS

for them
My Ballet Studio Used - Nintendo DS $4.00 Discount: 1 for $5 shipped

For m3
Jagged Alliance Used - Nintendo DS $3.98 Discount: 1 for $5 shipped
Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming Used - Nintendo DS $5.31 6.31 shipped
Quantity: 1, Wheel of Fortune Used - Nintendo DS $9.34 shipped

total for 4 games = 27 bucks / 4 = little less then 7 each

3 out of 4 cds received today (all used) were complete and in very good condition (except that whomever put the cds into the cases must have just finished a bucket of KFC - the discs had greasy fingerprints all over them).

The other cd had the correct case, but wrong insert and wrong cd. Customer Service was cool, though, and said that I could "keep the cd, throw it away or do whatever you want with it.":D They'll refund me the cost and shipping of that cd once the rest of my order ships.

Ended up spending about 66 bucks, and walked away with...

Burnout Revenge
Spectral Force 3
Rockband 2
GH Van Halen
Rockband Green Day (stocked up on cheap music games to take advantage of the loot I walked away with at the TRU music bundle sale)

Wii

Okami
Twilight Princess

Not bad considering every game was 10 or less.

Hooray spending money! I was tempted by a bunch of Wii games but decided against it (at least for now) due to being paranoid about condition of the discs and not wanting to deal with potential hassle. I ordered WarioWare: Smooth Moves from them not long ago and the disc looked good but has one scratch that affects starting up the game and one or two other movies on the disc. It will load but sometimes it takes a few tries and can be annoying, but for the price it's fine, and theoretically I could fix it for sure later.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I went with 5 PS3 games instead for $40.95 shipped:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Bionic Commando
The Saboteur
Saints Row 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

I know Bionic Commando isn't the best reviewed game but I have seen some positive things said about it, and it was $5. For the price of a 3DS game my PS3 library just got a huge bump. Let's hope everything's in decent shape!

[quote name='mike95']For $44 (shipped) I got:
Pokemon Black $19
Mario Super Sluggers $9
COD MW (360) $8
Wall E (360) - $4[/QUOTE]

did you see my post pokemon black?
i was waiting for them to restock on that

Looks like they are shipping all my games MOSTLY separately

TODAY I got:

Earth Defense Force 2017 $19.47 - Near mint
GOWIII $11.02 - perfect non-GH - Woot
Ace combat 6 $9.51 - perfect.

Crazy that 2 of these games are sold old yet near mint
:beer:

Waiting on 7 others :lol:

Got my shipment today. Out of six movies only one has scratches; the rest are in mint condition. Both Lego and the Beatles Rock Band were like new. I'm very impressed with Gohastings:applause:

Received my copy of Fable 2 today it has like three to four cracks coming out from the spindle. I already e-mailed them for a new copy, I hope they do that and not just refund me the $4.00.

For a total of $55 shipped, ordered these for my PS3:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
God of War Collection
Fallout 3

Hoping this experience is as good as my first one with GH!

I just received one of my "USED" guides that I bought w/ the 40% off book code from last week; it was SSFIV and the mag is literally NEW, the binding was perfect/never bent open and the guide came w/ no creases nor nothing, came in a bubble mailer envelope no cardboard nor nothing but it was perfect after a long trip all the way the tropics and after a hurricane cat 1 :) Now I'm hoping my MVC3 guide comes just as perfect at the end of the month but I don't have my hopes too high for that one since it's already passed by 3 states and still has 6 more days to arrive according to USPS. Bought both for $5.XX final price and don't care about extra new characters and stuff; these guides for me are more than enough for me for ultra cheap price since I can't never find penny guides here in PR.
GoHastings does it perfect for me again! First time buying a 'book', always have bought PS3 games and a couple of PS2 games that are always perfect like NEW!

As someone stated earlier, the CRANNY code for Used books is a no-go, even though the promotion says it's good until the 27th.

I ordered a bunch of books earlier this week, but just went back for another dip and no go. Even tried another account, just incase it was limited by email addy.

DOGDAYS was also no longer active.

-----

Update: I take it back. CRANNY does work, but only on select Used books; $29.99 and less is not the only criteria. Juggled a couple different titles and it still works.

Received my $5 copy of No More Heroes. Absolutely like new, with perfect case and everything. Another great Hastings purchase.

Had ordered from GoHastings a few times before and stuff was great. Ordered MotorStorm and Mirror's Edge for PS3 and both looked pretty beat up. No instructions for Mirrors Edge and disc was scratched up. MotorStorm had instructions but they are in French and the case says "Not For Resale". Disc also scratched up pretty bad. I know these games are older so if they play I'm ok but this is my first purchase that wasn't mint.

Ordered the following...

Crimson Gem Saga Used - PlayStation Portable
Me & My Katamari Used - PlayStation Portable
Mega Man Powered Up Used - PlayStation Portable
New Zealand Story: Revolution Used - Nintendo DS
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology Used - PlayStation 2

for $55 shipped. Woot! People getting crappy condition games must be ordered pre-owned instead of used. Everything I've ever ordered has been in complete/great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back