goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought 2 game guides for $5.94 for both using DOGDAYS to get them down 40% in price. I wanted to get some real medical books since I'm a med student doing rotations but there were just too old for my taste to be worth it form the ones I saw.

What is good for the free shipping code? I tried to find something that interested me and could really take advantage of the code instead of other promotions from them? (Don't care for CD's)

[quote name='AsherFischell']Aha! Proof that Gohastings jacks it's prices up after sales: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dead-Again-...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item19c7e6ef73

That's 7 copies of the movie Dead Again they're selling for $2.64 on ebay.

Their website does list it at the same price if you type it into the search engine, however, if you click the page it now lists the only available used copies as $5.49

Sneaky bastards. . .[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Remember this is free shipping on EVERYTHING...you guys should venture out a bit and explore their site:

$39.99

I know several members asked about these same shelves since I picked them up from goHastings.

Comparable prices elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning the shelves; I would not have noticed them otherwise. I already have an Oskar 544, and just bought another so I can have a matching pair.
:cool:

Thanks to the great coupons, I just spent over $60 on new and used cds. This thread rules.

I just read their product guarantee section. I hope I don't get screwed over with missing album artwork or liner notes...

Last edited by a moderator:
The site seems pretty dead for me at the moment, glad I got an order in last night of some NECA figures and a blu-ray. Thanks for posting the free shipping code!

[quote name='shivan128']I purchased one as well... now my games dont have to sit in a bin!!![/QUOTE]

Purchased two of the 756 ones. Thinking about a third. My giant 8'x6' shelf has been full, same with the other 6 shelves in our place... Three might be enough to fit everything =P

Does goHastings sell new games as used sometimes? Bought a used game, it came sealed. I've never got a used game from them sealed. Plus the Microsoft CoA hasn't been cut. It looks brand new except for the used stickers on it.

[quote name='AXV1']I bought a game as used and got a sealed copy once.[/QUOTE]
I have also received "used" CDs that were brand new. Not sure if it is bad employees or people trading in new product.

[quote name='jrallen99']I have also received "used" CDs that were brand new. Not sure if it is bad employees or people trading in new product.[/QUOTE]

could be either one honestly, usually it's the later. we had a guy come in a lot with "used blu-rays" brand new fuckers in the wrap the day after they came out, we couldn't say they were stolen, so we gave him like $5 a piece and then employees would buy them right up in a b1g1 deal or Sometimes we'd even offer him cash so we didn't have to pay a lot.

Gave it a shot and placed my first order with goHastings last night. Excitebots and Lost in Shadows for Wii along with Saw II for 360. Whole order came to $20-ish with free shipping and no tax.

Loving the price - hopefully i'm loving the condition of the games when they show up.

[quote name='momouchi']Passed on any games since I'm trying to manage the old backlog. However, I did pick up Boba Fett and Bossk bobbleheads![/QUOTE]
what's wrong with 4-lom? for $4 i am picking up that one as well

[quote name='ackbar7']what's wrong with 4-lom? for $4 i am picking up that one as well[/QUOTE]

I only have room for so many bobbleheads in my dorm room. Plus, none are better than Boba and Bossk.

[quote name='isaac clarke']25% off all used and p.v. games is the current deal. Did I mention $1 shipping per item. Too bad im backlogged..........[/QUOTE]

What is the promo code?

Damn, this is a pretty sweet deal for some games I'm interested in. Too bad the funds are low. It would be nice if GoHastings took Amazon gift cards on GH's own website, haha.

Sweet spot for the 1234 (25% + $1 shipping) offer is between $5 and $25. Otherwise, 30% is better for the above $25 games and free shipping is better for the under $5 games.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sweet spot for the 1234 (25% + $1 shipping) offer is between $5 and $25. Otherwise, 30% is better for the above $25 games and free shipping is better for the under $5 games.[/QUOTE]

i think the 1234 25% +1 shipping might be the same for 5 buck game

or close

5 buck game free shipping 5 bucks
5 buck game 25% off 4 + 128 shipping 5.28

nice if you missed the free shipping

makes the 5.30 games cheaper... 5.30 shipped free.. 498 shipped 1234

[quote name='slidecage']i think the 1234 25% +1 shipping might be the same for 5 buck game

or close

5 buck game free shipping 5 bucks
5 buck game 25% off 4 + 128 shipping 5.28

nice if you missed the free shipping

makes the 5.30 games cheaper... 5.30 shipped free.. 498 shipped 1234[/QUOTE]

Actually a $5 game is cheaper under this deal.
$5 at 25% off is $3.75 + $1 shipping = $4.75
$5 + Free shipping = $5

I guess $4 is the even point.
$4 at 25% is $3 + $1 shipping = $4
$4 + free shipping = $4

Why do I always lurk the gohastings thread whenever they have a deal so I can see what people are buying? Most of the times I don't have any games i wanna buy, but if enough people post bout it, I would consider it. :lol:

BTW, any games I should get for PSP? New to the PSP scene. Interested in turn based RPG games.

RDR for $14 shipped! Will sit in my backlog for sometime but couldnt pass it up. First time ever ordering from gohastings so hope it comes in good condition

Tsk, RDR is out of stock. I've been wanting to pick it up ever since I beat L.A. Noire...I never had interest in it since I didn't like GTA4 but I suddenly really want to give it a go.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Well I bought a couple crummy games I've wanted to play...Rock of the Dead and Secret Service. Came out to $15.75 shipped. Hope they're in decent shape!

OP Updated:

$1 Per Item Standard Shipping AND 25% Off Used Games
Use Promotional Code: 1234

2 for $10 Used Books (Shipping is Always Free)
Use Promotional Code: CRANNY

I didn't act fast enough to grab Heavy Rain before it went OOS but I did manage Alan Wake and Dead Space 2 for ~$25 shipped. I'm happy with the prices, just hope the item condition is better than with my first order from last month's FB deal.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Why do I always lurk the gohastings thread whenever they have a deal so I can see what people are buying? Most of the times I don't have any games i wanna buy, but if enough people post bout it, I would consider it. :lol:

BTW, any games I should get for PSP? New to the PSP scene. Interested in turn based RPG games.[/QUOTE]

Jeanne d'arc is one of the better ones, and it's pretty cheap. Check the RPG thread.

Oh Gohastings...

• Pokemon White Used - Nintendo DS $23.94 OUT OF STOCK
  • Pokemon Black Used - Nintendo DS $28.86
Really?? A $5 difference in versions of the SAME GENERATION and the cheaper one is just out of stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back