goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']Asking again, anyone know if the used copies(not previously viewed) come complete?[/QUOTE]
I'd say about 95% of the time

[quote name='VaultDweller']okay ordered 4 games if i get charged for shipping im gonna sue them :bomb:[/QUOTE]
You have no right to complain if anything goes wrong with your order. I'm starting to think you may be mentally challenged.

[quote name='mitnosi']Asking again, anyone know if the used copies(not previously viewed) come complete?[/QUOTE]

Not guarenteed ... most of the used copies i've bought have come with case, cover and manual but it's defintely a YMMV.

I trust them more than Gamestop though when it comes to getting a game complete.

Kinda want ODST, but maybe gamefly will have that one for $10 or $12 on Dec. 22. It's $14 at hastings right now and about the same at amazon marketplace...I'll wait.

[quote name='Huggybear1688']is there a black bar covering ne1 elses top of screen?[/QUOTE]

The first checkout page will not display the button that you would need to click on to proceed with the order; therefore, i am unable to make any purchases.
it also did not display the little box that you have to check in order to say you are over 17, but after a few tries i was able to load it behind the black box at the bottom. but no luck getting to the proceed w/ order buttom

[quote name='pasolini']The first checkout page will not display the button that you would need to click on to proceed with the order; therefore, i am unable to make any purchases.
it also did not display the little box that you have to check in order to say you are over 17, but after a few tries i was able to load it behind the black box at the bottom. but no luck getting to the proceed w/ order buttom[/QUOTE]

Had the same issue..scroll bottom left. It's weird how the button got moved or in a different location. ( was using IE)

sites dead but at least got a few deals, im expecting most of them to be cancelled

Condemned 2 $3.97
Virtua Fighter 5 $3.97
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $4.13
Lair $4.79
God of War Collection $9.11
God of War III $17.37

[quote name='VaultDweller']sites dead but at least got a few deals, im expecting most of them to be cancelled

Condemned 2 $3.97
Virtua Fighter 5 $3.97
Lair $4.79
God of War III $17.37[/QUOTE]
You are like the thread crappingest troll here, and yet you just order more and more games. WTF?

Ayup, site is at a crawl. Just as well, I've created one helluva backlog for myself and am unable to resist the ridiculous prices. Stay down, GH - at least for me.

In b4 the crying begins again over 'omg they're holding onto my money but cancelled the first 900 orders I placed' and/or 'omg their shipping prices/speed suck'.

[quote name='VaultDweller']sites dead but at least got a few deals, im expecting most of them to be cancelled

Condemned 2 $3.97
Virtua Fighter 5 $3.97
Lair $4.79
God of War III $17.37[/QUOTE]

You'd be so lucky to have Lair canceled

Total Merchandise:$31.13 (Arkham PS3 & GoW III)
Total Tax:$2.57
Total Shipping/Handling:FREE
Gift Card: -$7.75 (Old CDs I could recall maybe two of I traded in Tues.)
Purchase Total:$25.95

Fingers are crossed! Time to trawl for old PS2 & Gamecube stuff I missed out on back in the day...

Well, so much for self-control.

Buuut ran into a problem. Maybe. I've just received two order confirmations for the same 3 items, going to two different places (billing addy on the one hand, and my personal addy on the other), but both orders have the same order number.

Already shot out an email, but we know how good GH is about that. Guess it's an early-morning phone call. Lovely...should've resisted! I'm so weak to a good sale. (sigh)

Ok i guess im done for now, ordered 10 ps3 games for $66 thats like 7 bucks per game lol!! im sure at least 8 will be cancelled, but it was worth a shot

Lol, i placed two orders on 12/11. One of my orders got canceled, and the other is still in progress now about 6 days later. I'm pretty sure this will be my FIRST and LAST time ordering from this place.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Hastings' sales usually start Friday, so the prices we're seeing now will likely be higher tomorrow no?[/QUOTE]

While it is true that prices change all the time, none of them have anything to do with the current or future promotions. To put it directly, goHastings does not change prices in advance of promotions. The only exception I can think of would be specific items that are listed as "ON SALE" may drop off of sale pricing. But even this is more likely to be because one promotion stops and another one ends.

On a side note, am I violating any rules by responding on the board? I assume since my posts are clearly representing goHastings that it is okay.

[quote name='flop']Wow. Talk about expedited shipping. Ordered on saturday during B2G1 and called to find out where my shipping was. I only did the automated order status and got my tracking number to surprisingly learn that the package was barely shipped and processed by USPS yesterday. Talk about FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Sorry flop; most of our orders go out much faster than that. However, expedited means it is shipped using Priority rather than First Class (or Media Mail for books and DVD's). We ship our product from out 147 retail locations so they have to find the product on the shelf, pull it and ship it. Usually, that is fast. But if they can't find it, then we have to resource the order to another store (hopefully we have another option or we will cancel it).

[quote name='gohastings']While it is true that prices change all the time, none of them have anything to do with the current or future promotions. To put it directly, goHastings does not change prices in advance of promotions. The only exception I can think of would be specific items that are listed as "ON SALE" may drop off of sale pricing. But even this is more likely to be because one promotion stops and another one ends.

On a side note, am I violating any rules by responding on the board? I assume since my posts are clearly representing goHastings that it is okay.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine--I'm kinda surprised that more stores don't have a representative here on CAG. It's clearly proven very successful for K-mart over the past year.

[quote name='gohastings']While it is true that prices change all the time, none of them have anything to do with the current or future promotions. To put it directly, goHastings does not change prices in advance of promotions. The only exception I can think of would be specific items that are listed as "ON SALE" may drop off of sale pricing. But even this is more likely to be because one promotion stops and another one ends.

On a side note, am I violating any rules by responding on the board? I assume since my posts are clearly representing goHastings that it is okay.[/QUOTE]

It seems that a long as you clearly represent your entity that its fine to reply. Shoot Cheapy or a Mod a PM If you're that worried though.

[quote name='hwmusic']Lol, i placed two orders on 12/11. One of my orders got canceled, and the other is still in progress now about 6 days later. I'm pretty sure this will be my FIRST and LAST time ordering from this place.[/QUOTE]

you're loss, bud. First of all, it happens, it's the holiday season and it's a small issue you have to deal with regarding hastings.

I've ordered probably more than 75 games from them, including 4 last week, all shipped, all were complete and in near mint condition.

More deals for us.

Finally put an order through. Wanted to at least get one before stock died and/or site shut down again.

Modern Warfare 2 PS3 for $15. No tax, no shipping...very nice!

Come on NFS: Hot pursuit for 360..come back in stock!

Also, I just received my copy of Castlevania: LOS 360. Complete, there's a crack in the case but other than that it looks pretty good. Haven't played it yet but I'm sure it's fine.

Tempted to pick up Assassins Creed II for $13...but I have such a large backlog right now that I think I might be able to get it around this price in the future.

Time to pick up some cheap games! Shipping normally kills the deals on these. Ended up with the following things I had been *sort of* wanting for a little while:

Quantity: 1, The Club Used - Xbox 360 $3.97 Discount: 1 for $3.97 each
Quantity: 1, Ninety-Nine Nights Used - Xbox 360 $4.79 Discount: 1 for $4.79 each
Quantity: 1, Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires Used - Xbox 360 $4.79 Discount: 1 for $4.79 each
Quantity: 1, WALL-E Used - Xbox 360 $4.83 Discount: 1 for $4.83 each
Quantity: 1, Wanted: Weapons of Fate Used - Xbox 360 $5.65 Discount: 1 for $5.65 each
Quantity: 1, Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy Used - Xbox 360 $6.07 Discount: 1 for $6.07 each
Quantity: 1, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand Used - Xbox 360 $6.96 Discount: 1 for $6.96 each

Anyone order last week and not get charged yet?

I placed an order last week, and the money was processing in my account until yesterday. I received my items yesterday, but the hold on the money is gone and I wasn't charged for the order.

Also, I ordered a used Halo Reach, and received a factory sealed limited edition Reach, which was a pretty sweet surprise.

I saw this too late, but still picked up a couple games. I bought Wanted and Resident Evil 5 for a total of $12.xx shipped. Between this and the Gamefly deals, my back catalog is ridiculous. I spend more time looking for and buying really cheap games than I do playing them.

[quote name='adiras']I saw this too late, but still picked up a couple games. I bought Wanted and Resident Evil 5 for a total of $12.xx shipped. Between this and the Gamefly deals, my back catalog is ridiculous. I spend more time looking for and buying really cheap games than I do playing them.[/QUOTE]

It's been like that with me for awhile =P

[quote name='kennypowers']Anyone order last week and not get charged yet?

I placed an order last week, and the money was processing in my account until yesterday. I received my items yesterday, but the hold on the money is gone and I wasn't charged for the order.

Also, I ordered a used Halo Reach, and received a factory sealed limited edition Reach, which was a pretty sweet surprise.[/QUOTE]

thats happened to me every time, dont worry the final correct charge will reappear on your bill in about two days.

Couldn't find any games I wanted, so I headed over to the DVD section. I have spent at least seven hours browsing it. I wish I was joking. fucking gohastings... your deals are too damn good.

I got charged for the games I bought. Got an e-mail saying my games shipped, and now the charge doesn't appear on my online statement...

Does anyone have experience ordering collector's editions? Im wondering how complete they come.

Id like to give goldeneye a shot, but only if I'd get the classic controller with it. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Why are people so worried about cancellations? Is that common with Gohastings?[/QUOTE]

With more popular and newer released games it is. It's just that too many people ordering the same game at the same time, and they don't have inventory for it, so it's canceled. I've made a ton of orders with them and have yet to have anything canceled. I rarely buy newer games from them though.

Well I have UFC Undisputed 2010 ($15) and Halo 3 CE ($8) In transit right now, I'll let you know how the Halo 3 CE version turns out. My first two orders and they haven't been canceled. My only problem now is that it seems the website is down, because I can't connect to it. Would like to know if one of my shipments is coming today or not.

did anyone get tracking numbers with their orders?. I had a package shipped on 12/11 through expedited shipping and I still haven't received it yet. Would be nice if they would provide tracking numbers so I know where it is at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back