goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']With more popular and newer released games it is. It's just that too many people ordering the same game at the same time, and they don't have inventory for it, so it's canceled. I've made a ton of orders with them and have yet to have anything canceled. I rarely buy newer games from them though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, in the long scheme of things, I prefer to buy from Amazon due to the diligence of the customer service and great prices.

I can't find a thread for it so I'll stick this here, so forgive me if it seems totally off topic...

Did any of you guys order L.A. Noire from GoHastings.com when they had it mistakenly priced at $29.99? Well I just got the following email on that - they are going to honor the price mistake and ship it!

Thank you for your “LA NOIRE (PS3)” order. As you may have noticed, we had a data error causing us to allow this item to be purchased for $29.99 rather than the regular list price of $59.99.

Although this price is below our cost, in the spirit of the holiday season we have decided to ship your order when this product releases. You will receive a shipment confirmation email after your order is processed on or near its street date.

If you have any questions, you may call goHastings.com guest services at 877-427-8464

Happy Holidays from the goHastings.com Team

[quote name='slidecage']i cant even get into the hastings page :([/QUOTE]

Yea, it's been overloaded since about 3.

[quote name='Bytista2']did anyone get tracking numbers with their orders?. I had a package shipped on 12/11 through expedited shipping and I still haven't received it yet. Would be nice if they would provide tracking numbers so I know where it is at least.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got tracking numbers with all of my orders. Go to *My Account*, Then *Order History*, Click on an order you'd like to track, and then finally on the mid right side of the screen click *Track this shipment* Under *Order Status*.

I always get a dead URL in a popup window at this point, however the tracking number is attached to the end of the URL, you can just copy paste it into google and it'll take you right to your tracking information. Best of luck.

Just ordered Dragon Age Ultimate PS3 (used) for $22.38 shipped.

But when I go to check order status, I get an error message saying "The order number and billing Zip Code you have entered do not match out records. Please try again."

The is the second time I've ordered from GoHastings. The first time was an awful experience, including canceled orders, defective games, poor customer service, emails to support that went unreplied, etc.

Hope this time around is a better experience, but its not off to a great start as of now...

[quote name='henryVIII']Just ordered Dragon Age Ultimate PS3 (used) for $22.38 shipped.

But when I go to check order status, I get an error message saying "The order number and billing Zip Code you have entered do not match out records. Please try again."

The is the second time I've order from GoHastings. The first time was an awful experience, including canceled orders, defective games, poor customer service, etc.

Hope this time around is a better experience, but its not off to a great start as of now...
[/QUOTE]

I placed two orders earlier. I can check the status of the first one, but when I try to view the second order I get the same weird message. I have never seen that before, so we'll see I guess.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Got my fallout. No slipcover but can't complain for $28[/QUOTE]

Was it used or previously viewed? From what I hear used is typically in better condition since those are trade ins, while previously viewed means it was a rental.

[quote name='Downhome']I can't find a thread for it so I'll stick this here, so forgive me if it seems totally off topic...

Did any of you guys order L.A. Noire from GoHastings.com when they had it mistakenly priced at $29.99? Well I just got the following email on that - they are going to honor the price mistake and ship it![/QUOTE]

Awesome I got in on that deal...I need to check my email.

Yup...GoHastings is definitely stepping their game up. They've more than won me over and I didn't even know who they were a month ago.

Still no Sonic Colors in the mail, it may be the time of year(Xmas season)or something so I will not be hard on the situation, but expedited seems worse than standard, when I order standard the order is processed within 24 hours and shipped out, I receive the order within 2 days after shipped, with this, it's been 4 days since the game was shipped and still no dice.

I will blame the Xmas sales rush ............ for now.

Also, my money from the WWE cancellation is still on hold, it's been about 5 days now, I wonder if I can call them before making an order to check stock on items, I would rather go through that each time than having something cancelled and the money held hostage for 6 days.

[quote name='Yaotz']Yes, I got tracking numbers with all of my orders. Go to *My Account*, Then *Order History*, Click on an order you'd like to track, and then finally on the mid right side of the screen click *Track this shipment* Under *Order Status*.

I always get a dead URL in a popup window at this point, however the tracking number is attached to the end of the URL, you can just copy paste it into google and it'll take you right to your tracking information. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

youre just lucky. :D

[quote name='henryVIII']Just ordered Dragon Age Ultimate PS3 (used) for $22.38 shipped.

The is the second time I've ordered from GoHastings. The first time was an awful experience, including canceled orders, defective games, poor customer service, emails to support that went unreplied, etc.

Hope this time around is a better experience, but its not off to a great start as of now...[/QUOTE]

Yep, getting the same message on my 5th order of Castlevania used, ughhh.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Still no Sonic Colors in the mail, it may be the time of year(Xmas season)or something so I will not be hard on the situation, but expedited seems worse than standard, when I order standard the order is processed within 24 hours and shipped out, I receive the order within 2 days after shipped, with this, it's been 4 days since the game was shipped and still no dice.

I will blame the Xmas sales rush ............ for now.

Also, my money from the WWE cancellation is still on hold, it's been about 5 days now, I wonder if I can call them before making an order to check stock on items, I would rather go through that each time than having something cancelled and the money held hostage for 6 days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm in the same boat as well. My order shipped on the 13th and to this day nada.

holy fuck they cleaned me out for a long time.

Brief summary of the deals shipped to me (got about 5 more):

Dead Rising 2: 24.16
Uncharted: 8.31
Gran Turismo 5: 32.67 (got last one the other day)
NFS: HP: 21.28 (got last copy this morning)
Fallout New Vegas: 29.00
Red Faction Guerilla: 5.65
Motorstorm: 3.96

I was planning on purchasing Red Faction: Guerrilla from this sale for about 7 bucks, but judging by all the problems everybody is having I should probably spend the extra 3 bucks and get it at Gamestop.

I can't even get the gohastings site to work atm.

[quote name='ijag233']Funny how the site dies on free shipping day. I have not been able to get on all afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what's funny. Obviously they're getting a lot of traffic right now with their double sale going on plus now free shipping? Yeah, they're getting slammed right now with customers, it's to be expected while they're running so many promotions.

I haven't had any problems, if you can, use the "Quick View" when hovering over a product and make your selection that way. Whenever I tried to go to a product page it usually fails.

I just ordered Prototype (PS3) for around $8. I enjoyed Infamous so hopefully I'll like this too. Just don't cancel on me. lol

I just picked up a psp during black friday, so this is awesome.

PSP All under under $5
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Burnout Legends
Exit

Ps3
Red Faction: Guerrilla 5.65

Wow Gohastings is awesome :]

Did anyone else order L.A. Noire from them when it was $29.99? I got this e-mail:

Thank you for your “LA Noire(XB3)” order. As you may have noticed, we had a data error causing us to allow this item to be purchased for $29.99 rather than the regular list price of $59.99.
Although this price is below our cost, in the spirit of the holiday season we have decided to ship your order when this product releases. You will receive a shipment confirmation email after your order is processed on or near its street date.
If you have any questions, you may call goHastings.com guest services at 877-427-8464

But when I go to check order status, I get an error message saying "The order number and billing Zip Code you have entered do not match out records. Please try again." [/QUOTE]

For anyone else getting this error, I just tried logging in again after an hour or so and was able to access the Order Status just fine and everything appears to look correct.

I just hope I don't get any random cancellation now.

[quote name='Envel']Wow Gohastings is awesome :]

Did anyone else order L.A. Noire from them when it was $29.99? I got this e-mail:

Thank you for your “LA Noire(XB3)” order. As you may have noticed, we had a data error causing us to allow this item to be purchased for $29.99 rather than the regular list price of $59.99.
[/QUOTE]
That's nice of them.

I actually receive my orders quite quickly from them and they are in very good to mint condition. Hopefully their blu rays are the same.

[quote name='Bytista2']did anyone get tracking numbers with their orders?. I had a package shipped on 12/11 through expedited shipping and I still haven't received it yet. Would be nice if they would provide tracking numbers so I know where it is at least.[/QUOTE]
The only order I ever did with GoHastings the packages arrived with no notice whatsoever, but there was a tracking number on it. Unless you really ask for it via email or over the phone it's likely that your packages will just show up as well.

Hopefully they will take notice of how much business they get from free shipping promotions and do them more often throughout the year next year as their individual shipping costs are really the only thing holding them back from being one of the best online retailers for super cheap finds.

EDIT: Until other deal sites and forums post it and the used game stock gets completely wiped out.

[quote name='Downhome']I placed two orders earlier. I can check the status of the first one, but when I try to view the second order I get the same weird message. I have never seen that before, so we'll see I guess.[/QUOTE]

Sorry All. goHastings is back up now. The problems with the site also caused the problems with the order status. Your orders should show a status now.

Thanks for all your business!

[quote name='sadakou']Hopefully they will take notice of how much business they get from free shipping promotions and do them more often throughout the year next year as their individual shipping costs are really the only thing holding them back from being one of the best online retailers for super cheap finds.

EDIT: Until other deal sites and forums post it and the used game stock gets completely wiped out.[/QUOTE]
GoHastings has games ship from individual stores and NOT from a central warehouse/hub, so you(and many others apparently) expect them to LOSE $2.28 PER GAME because you don't want to pay for the 'omg outrageous shipping costs'.:roll::roll:

Tell ya what, let's put it this way. You put up 1000 games on your trade list, sell them to 1000 different people and then only charge ONE of those people for shipping the game out. Give everyone else FREE shipping.

What's that, you say? You don't want to? You'd lose money doing this? I suppose it's ok for Hastings to lose the money by fulfilling orders from seperate stores and only charging one shipping charge but it's not ok for you to do so, right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']GoHastings has games ship from individual stores and NOT from a central warehouse/hub, so you(and many others apparently) expect them to LOSE $2.28 PER GAME because you don't want to pay for the 'omg outrageous shipping costs'.:roll::roll:

Tell ya what, let's put it this way. You put up 1000 games on your trade list, sell them to 1000 different people and then only charge ONE of those people for shipping the game out. Give everyone else FREE shipping.

What's that, you say? You don't want to? You'd lose money doing this? I suppose it's ok for Hastings to lose the money by fulfilling orders from seperate stores and only charging one shipping charge but it's not ok for you to do so, right?[/QUOTE]

I really like you Cheapest, but why are you always so angry? Have a beer and chill.

[quote name='Squall835']I really like you Cheapest, but why are you always so angry? Have a beer and chill.[/QUOTE]
I am relaxed actually. I just get a bit annoyed with seeing people whine about the individual shipping charges when it's been explained MULTIPLE times that these stores don't ship from a central warehouse and that they come from seperate stores most times. But again, I guess it's ok for a corporation to lose money but if it were one of these users having to ship out 1000+ games they would charge shipping to each individual buyer every time.

The same frustration goes with the people who will cry about the cancelled games, yet as soon as said game(s) come back in stock they will re-order them expecting a different result. Then they'll come back into this thread and cry about how GH is holding their money for almost a week for 3-4 copies of the same game that they were clearly already out of stock of.

Ugh, I can't decide what other games to order! So far I have picked up...

-3D Dot Game Heroes
-God of War III
-GTA: Episodes
-Modern Warfare 2

I need a good list of great games released this year but I'm coming up short.

My buys so far today...all PS3

Modern Warfare 2
Episodes from Liberty City
Saints Row 2
Rise of the Argonauts

$38 total. Still trying to find another one or two.

Yeah, I know I just bought Tomb Raider: Underworld and the Simpsons Game both for 360 for a total of $10.44 with no tax or shipping. Stupid great deals. :)

Here's my small haul, I wasn't able to get two movies on Blu-Ray I wanted.

The Happening Used - Blu-ray $5.94
Silent Hill Used - Blu-ray $5.09
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay Used - Blu-ray $5.09
Youth in Revolt Used - Blu-ray $7.92 D
American Psycho Used - Blu-ray $5.09
Crash Used - Blu-ray $5.09
Gremlins Used - Blu-ray $8.74
Secret Window Used - Blu-ray $5.09 h
The Doors Used - Blu-ray $5.93

BlackSite: Area 51 Used - PlayStation 3 $6.30
Clive Barker's Jericho Used - PlayStation 3 $4.20

I wanted Collateral and tried three times today to get it, was also wanting the Twilight Zone movie, oh well.

I like to use these free shipping deals to pick up older games...ordered a copy of Guilty Gear on Xbox for less than 2 bucks, never tried the series but that price seems like a place to start.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']GoHastings has games ship from individual stores and NOT from a central warehouse/hub, so you(and many others apparently) expect them to LOSE $2.28 PER GAME because you don't want to pay for the 'omg outrageous shipping costs'.:roll::roll:

What's that, you say? You don't want to? You'd lose money doing this? I suppose it's ok for Hastings to lose the money by fulfilling orders from seperate stores and only charging one shipping charge but it's not ok for you to do so, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand how it works and I still order from them all the time. I was just pointing out that out of all the different sales they run all year, this type of sale is their best kind because it helps patch up the ONE weakness they have compared to buying cheap ass games at other locations.

Calm down and save the net rage for the guy who ruined Sears clearance (while crossing your fingers that it comes back again in March).

EDIT: To clarify, a company is going to be losing money no matter what kind of promotion it is (Buy x, Get x), as the whole point of the promotion is to try to move stock that would otherwise just be sitting there unsold. For people who don't always want to spend $120 to get $60 free, this type of sale is nice for picking up super cheap used games (even without the second sale) without paying 60% of the cost of the game as shipping charges.

Your example isn't exactly perfect because if I was personally selling 1000 games, I sure as hell wouldn't be running a "buy 750 games, get 250 games free" promotion either as I would lose just as much money. I am a cheap ass gamer, not a risky ass corporation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']My buys so far today...all PS3

Modern Warfare 2
Episodes from Liberty City
Saints Row 2
Rise of the Argonauts

$38 total. Still trying to find another one or two.[/QUOTE]

Which MW2 did you order? The PS3 hardened version is only $15.8. Does it come with all stuff in the new copy?

[quote name='sadakou']EDIT: To clarify, a company is going to be losing money no matter what kind of promotion it is (Buy x, Get x), as the whole point of the promotion is to try to move stock that would otherwise just be sitting there unsold. For people who don't always want to spend $120 to get $60 free, this type of sale is nice for picking up super cheap used games (even without the second sale) without paying 60% of the cost of the game as shipping charges.[/QUOTE]

The only time they're losing money is on lower priced games that haven't moved off the shelves in ages.

You have to remember that we're mainly purchasing used games. That means they bought them off other people at a cheaper price than they're offering them. When that isn't the case, we're just purchasing stuff that's been taking up too much shelf space for them to care about the loss.

And the main reason they charge shipping is because they can, and because it's justifiable to a certain extent. They just found a way to cover some more overhead costs. And we're all still buying from them. I know I am, because sometimes their prices are great and their CS just does what I demand with practically no questions asked.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I am relaxed actually. I just get a bit annoyed with seeing people whine about the individual shipping charges when it's been explained MULTIPLE times that these stores don't ship from a central warehouse and that they come from seperate stores most times. But again, I guess it's ok for a corporation to lose money but if it were one of these users having to ship out 1000+ games they would charge shipping to each individual buyer every time.

The same frustration goes with the people who will cry about the cancelled games, yet as soon as said game(s) come back in stock they will re-order them expecting a different result. Then they'll come back into this thread and cry about how GH is holding their money for almost a week for 3-4 copies of the same game that they were clearly already out of stock of.[/QUOTE]

Cry more. If Hastings wants to complete in the online marketplace, it needs to ditch its outdated business model.

I can't believe I haven't checked gohastings out till tonight. Truly amazing deals recently alongside the BBV sale.

Purchased:
:ps3: Guitar Hero 5
:ps3: Rise of the Argonauts
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover
:ps3: Ferrari Challenge

All for $23.

i got my fable 3 and it is mint and still had the bonus content card. nfortunately the alan wake was not so lucky. Case look like it was melted with a shrink wrap gun and no manual but it did have the content card.

I purchased alot of dvd's, t-shirts and assassin's creed 2 (to go with brotherhood I bought with amazon 37.99 sale)with the free shipping codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back