goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
This free shipping/discount is a godsend for cheaper games... I got:

Orange Box - 6.50
Prototype - 8.50
Uncharted - 8.50
Crisis Core - 4.50
Oblivion GOTY - 11.50
Modern Warfare 2: Hardened Ed. - 16.00 (we'll see how this one pans out)
Halo 3 CE - 10.00
Zelda Collector's Set (4 zelda games on gamecube) - 21.00

First run through I got my cart at like $200 bucks.....
After sifting through stuff that I only want because it's cheap I'm down to like $120ish.

I should just pick like 5 games and be done with it, but I like cheap and I like a bigger backlog

Finally managed to make my way onto the site, ended up leaving with 5 games for under 28 bucks. Let's hope my delivery doesn't come in 5 seperate packages over the course of a week.

Red Faction: Guerilla
Viking: Battle for Asgard (seriously, its not a bad game)
Brutal Legend
Dark Sector
Far Cry 2

Just ordered Madden 10, NCAA Basketball 09 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for $28.54, hope it all goes through.

[quote name='sadakou']Calm down and save the net rage for the guy who ruined Sears clearance (while crossing your fingers that it comes back again in March).[/QUOTE]
I gave up on that a while ago, since it's apparent due to the burgeoning Kmart thread that people like paying retail in cash to get a coupon for later use type of sales. So with the success of that model, why should they go back to selling us games for $2-3 each?:roll:

And for the record, I am calm, but when half of a thread about a deal(and a pretty good one at that) is people bitching about stuff being out of stock or how much they're being charged for shipping it gets a bit redundant and annoying. If they wanted the stuff to be in stock, then they should've ordered BEFORE the end of the week.;)
[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Cry more. If Hastings wants to complete in the online marketplace, it needs to ditch its outdated business model.[/QUOTE]
I'm not the one crying here. As I said above it just gets really redundant to see people piss and moan over stuff the same shit every time a deal from this company comes up. If you want the deals, do your homework about a company and get in on the deal sooner.

But maybe now that people know that they charge per game for shipping, their inventory system isn't always 100% accurate and that trying to order the same shit multiple times will result in multiple charges maybe some of those idiots will give up on GH and leave games for those of us with patience who try to get in on a deal as soon as it goes live.:D;)

I ended up with:

The Darkness : 3.97
King of Fighters XII 8.25
Ninja Blade 5.90
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 6.96
Call of Juarez bound in blood 6.58
Metro 2033 17.37
GI JOE Rise of the Cobra 3.97
GTA Episodes from liberty city 9.38
EA MMA Sports 15.20
and two hellboy action figures that were 3.99 each
My backlog was already huge before this, damn you hastings

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']...but when half of a thread about a deal(and a pretty good one at that) is people bitching about stuff being out of stock or how much they're being charged for shipping it gets a bit redundant and annoying...

...it just gets really redundant to see people piss and moan over stuff the same shit every time a deal from this company comes up. If you want the deals, do your homework about a company and get in on the deal sooner.

But maybe now that people know that they charge per game for shipping, their inventory system isn't always 100% accurate and that trying to order the same shit multiple times will result in multiple charges maybe some of those idiots will give up on GH and leave games for those of us with patience who try to get in on a deal as soon as it goes live.:D;)[/QUOTE]

No doubt, the hating on goHastings is getting old, especially since a representative has shown up...it's disgusting and I hope they don't have a bad view upon us because of a few bad apples.

I posted it earlier and I still am laughing my ass off as it reminds me of the incompetence of people that has been rampant in this thread:

Reality

I'd say poor inventory tracking and terrible customer service are good reasons to complain about a company. I agree that paying for shipping can sometimes ruin a deal, but it's not like it's a hidden fee so there's no need to whine about it. My only problem with their shipping is it takes too long to get to CA.

ordered on 12/11 and one of my items is still "in progress". I've watch the particular item go in stock and out of stock many times since then. Kind of upset with my first Gohastings.com experience

Can anyone else confirm the free shipping is dead?
I can't tell as I applied the code beforehand and it's still retaining it in my shopping cart even after the new shipping graphic was updated.

I can confirm it's dead, as I completed an order at 1 am, and the final confirmation screen said the shipping would be free, but after placing the order I see that I'm going to be charged shipping for the order.

Yeah what the fuck I just got charged shipping too even though it showed I had free shipping through the entire check out process. I'm sending an email now and I guess I'll have to call come Monday.

Well then,

I was waiting for the free shipping deal to die before I spill some beans, I didn't want a SD effect killing a hidden gem for me.

I've been keeping an eye out for storage solutions, found these for $49.99 each...free shipping...count me in for 2! Shipping was normally $100+ each and the nearest price is Amazon for $99.99 w/FSSS. There were only 19 left after ordering mine...so my guess is others got them too? :cool:

These are perfect for what I have in mind for them :)

I really hope they aren't canceled :roll:
MediaTowerEspresso-1.jpg

MediaTower.jpg
9k=

[quote name='kodave']Yeah what the fuck I just got charged shipping too even though it showed I had free shipping through the entire check out process. I'm sending an email now and I guess I'll have to call come Monday.[/QUOTE]
You should call them. Emails take days for them to respond, and their answer is always no.

[quote name='ackbar7']You should call them. Emails take days for them to respond, and their answer is always no.[/QUOTE]

Do they answer their customer service phones on weekends? Their website says the customer service line is "open 9am - 9pm Central Standard time Monday through Friday (except holidays)"

[quote name='bravesfan25']its still working for me but the site wont accept my giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you continue the checkout process it will in fact remove it. It isn't accepting the 'freeship' code any longer:
"Promotion code freeship is not valid."

I can't look at my order under my order history. It just says: "The order number and billing ZIP code you have entered do not match our records. Please try again." I can look at an order made earlier in the day, but not the one where I ordered right when the code was ending.

This has me worried about getting charged shipping. The email I received about this order lists free shipping but with all the stories of people getting charged I hope this isn't the case for me too.

[quote name='kodave']Do they answer their customer service phones on weekends? Their website says the customer service line is "open 9am - 9pm Central Standard time Monday through Friday (except holidays)"[/QUOTE]
Even if you have to wait until Monday that is quicker than an email response will be from them.

[quote name='ackbar7']Even if you have to wait until Monday that is quicker than an email response will be from them.[/QUOTE]

Well the email was sent and I even PMed the the Gohastings rep here on CAG. Perhaps I'll try the number tomorrow, and Monday for sure.

Does anyone know if this is a good deal uncharted 2 for 18.68 ninja blade for 5.90 and alan wake for 17.64 total 42.99 total after ship is 49.00?? Should i pull the trigger or should i wait for better deals??

[quote name='bigboss4ak']Does anyone know if this is a good deal uncharted 2 for 18.68 ninja blade for 5.90 and alan wake for 17.64 total 42.99 total after ship is 49.00?? Should i pull the trigger or should i wait for better deals??[/QUOTE]

depends. i would pass on alan wake at that price and pay another 2 bucks or so for a new copy that comes with the first dlc. http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292657190&sr=8-1
and the other two games seem to be a good deal. but also keep in mind they may not have manuals. i would personally look around first, see if there is anything better deal-wise. but uncharted 2 is worth every penny, and so is alan wake.
edit: also i didnt like ninja blade at all so i would cancel that out. but thats just me :) (and for $6 who knows, maybe you would find a worthwhile game, i hated the fact that it was alot of quick time events.)

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']depends. i would pass on alan wake at that price and pay another 2 bucks or so for a new copy that comes with the first dlc. http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292657190&sr=8-1
and the other two games seem to be a good deal. but also keep in mind they may not have manuals. i would personally look around first, see if there is anything better deal-wise. but uncharted 2 is worth every penny, and so is alan wake.
edit: also i didnt like ninja blade at all so i would cancel that out. but thats just me :) (and for $6 who knows, maybe you would find a worthwhile game, i hated the fact that it was alot of quick time events.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch i didnt know that there games may not even include a manual that sucks. I only really want alan wake and uc2 but i only have 50 bucks to spend so thats why i pretty much just squeezed ninja blade in there.

I posted this before and I will again. As for if a game comes with a manual or not:

Under the Game Details tab, you will see a part where it says "Package Contents". Sometimes it will only say "Registration card", other times it will say something like "32-page instruction manual". That way you will know if a game comes with a manual or not. If you don't see "Package Contents" under the Game Details section, it does not come with anything other than the case and disc.

Thanks Muthafodder, I've been looking for another Oskar/Atlantic shelf like that and $50 for that model is a great price. AND my store has them in stock. Hopefully they have the "maple", since my other Atlantics are maple. This one is a bit taller than my other two it appears by about a foot or two it appears, so I'll put it in the middle for a pyramid look.

Edit: Actually, I think this thing is the same height as my other ones, its definitely taller than the 6.8 inches in the description.

[quote name='loomis1975']Thanks Muthafodder, I've been looking for another Oskar/Atlantic shelf like that and $50 for that model is a great price. AND my store has them in stock. Hopefully they have the "maple", since my other Atlantics are maple. This one is a bit taller than my other two it appears by about a foot or two it appears, so I'll put it in the middle for a pyramid look.

Edit: Actually, I think this thing is the same height as my other ones, its definitely taller than the 6.8 inches in the description.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are an awesome deal and I don't have a store close to me so I'm sorry for not posting it sooner, but I didn't want to get squeezed out with them being oversold.

I'd bet they do have the maple in stock as only 19 of the espresso were left in stock there are 95 maple in stock, I'd say the odds are in your favor. Good Luck! The shelves are a steal at that price.

Highlight deal of the week for me :)

Day 7 after ordering in the B2G1 $1 promo, The Darkness was canceled as my $1.00 game. A few days ago my Alan Wake and Raving Rabbids TV Party shipped so I cannot cancel the entire order. The whole reason why I wanted this deal is to get a game for a dollar. So I get raped on tax and shipping when I could have got brand new games for not that much more on amazon. This will be the last time I even bring up GoHastings.Com on my internet browser. I feel cheated and kind of angry that not only this happened but it took a week to happen.

Cliffs: Buyer Beware! Do not shop Gohastings if you are looking for an honest and organized company to buy games from (at least).

So on top of being charged shipping for my order despite applying the coupon through the entire purchase process, I get an email saying one of my items, Jambo Safari for the Wii, has been canceled. That's fine. Just cancel my shipping charges too now GoHastings.

[quote name='hwmusic']Day 7 after ordering in the B2G1 $1 promo, The Darkness was canceled as my $1.00 game. The whole reason why I wanted this deal is to get a game for a dollar. So I get raped on tax and shipping when I could have got brand new games for not that much more on amazon.

Cliffs: Buyer Beware! Do not shop Gohastings if you are looking for an honest and organized company to buy games from (at least).[/QUOTE]

just call them or email them--but id call Monday and let them know--the worst that can happen is that they will tell you to return the 2 games and credit your cash back-(which has happened to me)-or the best is that they will give you credit for a future purchase-(which has happened to others) -hell they may even send out the darkness when it becomes available.

but you need to Call Them on Monday you could email them but that takes it sweet sweet time. .

Received my order today for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Resistance 2. Original cases, boxart and manuals for both games were intact, and the discs were in perfect condition. I ordered on the 13th.

All the games I've ordered so far have come comlete, none canceled.

Ordered 5 PS3 games yesterday and 2 of them have shipped already.

LOVE Hastings.

Ordered 7 games ... got 7 shipping confirmations today :applause: Hopefully they have some good after xmas sales.. or even pre xmas sales would be nice.

Got the last of my B2G1 for $1s today. Sent me a new copy of DA:O UE. RB3 and Lucha Libre came complete/discs pristine as can be. One of my better experiences; complete as usual, but case condition just a bit under GameFly quality this time around.

[quote name='tfr']can't believe my $30 gt5 actually shipped :lol:[/QUOTE]

Got mine yesterday too, I'vre been playing it all day.

I don't see it being cheaper anytime soon.

I don't. Alot of Sony exclusives tend to stay pretty expensive for a while. GT5 is art and will remain high in price. This is what I think though.

i received my game already and the charges haven't even gone through on my credit card.

that was fast.

these guys are amazing.

I ordered NHL slapshot wii bundle for 25 dollars shipped two days.

Today I get an email. They cancel it due to lack of being in stock at their supplier.

So I check on the website and see one used in stock for 37.99.

Are you friggin kidding me?

I got my copy of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising in the mail today. The condition is really good, it's just too bad my PS3 decided to take a shit on me last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back