goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']This thread need to be marked as DEAD...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There's been quite a few threads lately that have just devolved into discussion/arguments and really should be moved.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Just gotta keep at it. It took me 5 tries, with each order placed on a different day, to finally get one go through. Got the game yesterday and it's good condition/complete, so all in all I got the game I wanted at a good price. Now I just have to wait for my other games to come.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. When I called them after my first order got canceled, the guy on the phone told me I should just call and ask to find out how many were in stock/how many pending orders there were. I tried to call a couple of days later...and was put on hold for half an hour before I just gave up. Right now it says out of stock (for the 360 version) but I guess I'll keep trying, since their used price is significantly less than anywhere else I've seen.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I've got 6 of these exact same shelving units for my game, DVD and BluRay collections. They retail for $150 each -$99 for two of them shipped is a very sweet deal. They are laminated particle board but the Oskar ones are surprisingly sturdy. All of mine have gone through three cross-state moves and several other in-town moves and are all still perfect. Wish I'd have seen that sale then.[/QUOTE]

nothing that is 3/8 inch particleboard is surprisingly sturdy.

[quote name='Muthafodder']These reviewers would like to disagree...seeing how they own it opposite of your baseless opinion.

I'd like to come over to your house and take a gander at all your fine furniture.

THEY'RE DVD BOOKCASES...NOT A fuckING JUNGLE GYM...SHEESH.

You see when you spend a little money on sufficient shelving...you're free to spend $2,500 on your third HD television and remodel your kitchen in oppulence.

I think the issue lies more in your moving skills.

Stuff it up your arse.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize I was participating in a dick-measuring contest. Enjoy your anger and your shitty shelves. Hopefully your shitty shelves don't fall on your third hdtv and your bars of gold and your $7000 talking parrot or whatever the fuck else you have.

[quote name='V3rtigo']I didn't realize I was participating in a dick-measuring contest. Enjoy your anger and your shitty shelves. Hopefully your shitty shelves don't fall on your third hdtv and your bars of gold and your $7000 talking parrot or whatever the fuck else you have.[/QUOTE]

no holiday spirit, this guy.

My order from the free shipping promotion came in today. Motorstorm and Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition for Xbox are in excellent condition with manual and case. But the MW2 Hardened for PS3 has a problem. There is a crack on the game disk. I am going to return it. After reading the return process, do I need to pay the returning shipping cost? Does anyone have the return experience with Gohastings? Many thanks.

got my order today....I ordered a few USED game guides:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mass Effect 2(Hard Cover)

All came brand NEW still in the plastic wrapping and not a single crease or finger print on them(so they weren't repackaged like some places do) . Anyone else have this happen to them?

I received my "Free Shipping" items today. Everything is okay quality for used except one DVD artwork looked like a dog fucking chewed it. They also sent me the wrong DVD for one of my items - Punisher: War Zone instead of The Punisher starring Dolph Lundgren. I sent them an email to see what happens next with the wrong item mix up. It seems like someone just grabbed the DVD based on the similar title and not based on SKUs.

This is a first from gohastings. I got a box with 6 games in it. What the fuck is happening, it is almost like they might be getting organized.

[quote name='ackbar7']This is a first from gohastings. I got a box with 6 games in it. What the fuck is happening, it is almost like they might be getting organized.[/QUOTE]

I placed 4 orders, all 4 orders came shipped in their own package. I almost couldn't believe it. Hopefully if they are getting organized that means cheaper shipping charges.

On a side note I was kind of bummed, it was always fun to get 10-20 packages in the mail. It was like opening presents.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']By the way, this is the game I bought for 25 dollars on Cyber Monday which they sent a completely different game.
Here is gohastings current listing on Amazon at 290.95.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1293191597&sr=1-1&condition=new

So thanks for the refund after I return offer, but I'd really like the game I ordered for 25 dollars, too bad it's nowhere to be found now.[/QUOTE]

Did you pay the return shipping?

Ordered about 10 games since this promo started. 2 got cancelled but everything else came in good condition. No complaints about them from me.

[quote name='gamer6587']do they come in the mailbox??? or door?? what is the delivery method[/QUOTE]

Mailbox for me

And shipping is real weird because I ordered about 12 things on free shipping day and the first item came two days later and then yesterday, I got item #2. Ten more to go.

[quote name='dim2192']Mailbox for me

And shipping is real weird because I ordered about 12 things on free shipping day and the first item came two days later and then yesterday, I got item #2. Ten more to go.[/QUOTE]

Their games ship from different locations... that is why they charge shipping per item instead of per order.

Anyway, my order arrived and in good condition. Thanks gohastings.com :bouncy:

It's unfortunate I wasn't able to receive my copy of Yakuza 3 which was shipped on the 14th before Christmas. Although in much a light hearted note the stuff that I ordered during the free shipping promo came in pristine condition.

[quote name='kodave']I received my "Free Shipping" items today. Everything is okay quality for used except one DVD artwork looked like a dog fucking chewed it. They also sent me the wrong DVD for one of my items - Punisher: War Zone instead of The Punisher starring Dolph Lundgren. I sent them an email to see what happens next with the wrong item mix up. It seems like someone just grabbed the DVD based on the similar title and not based on SKUs.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with the email. Seriously. You'll just get an email back that says either (1) please email back your order number (which you ALREADY sent, I'm sure) or (2) to contact customer service (which you JUST did by emailing their customer service email!).

You have to call them. Email not only takes forever to respond, but, in my experience, their responses are worthless and force you to call anyway.

[quote name='Kylearan']Don't bother with the email. Seriously. You'll just get an email back that says either (1) please email back your order number (which you ALREADY sent, I'm sure) or (2) to contact customer service (which you JUST did by emailing their customer service email!).

You have to call them. Email not only takes forever to respond, but, in my experience, their responses are worthless and force you to call anyway.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks for the tip, I've had a move bundle "in progress" for nearly two weeks now... I wanted to cancel it, and when I emailed them my request (with the order number in the subject) two days later they replied with "please provide the order number".

Today I received my games from the Free Shipping and up to 60% promo.

They all came at the same time, only one game showed up in a separate package.

Everything came in almost new condition - one of the 360 games had minor scratches on it, but for everthing being used they were great.
The PSP game came perfect, no issues to the casing or anything.

Only Bioschock showed up in a Plat Hits case, everything came with original case and manuals.

One game - 360 Lego Batman actually came as a dual pack with Pure as well. So, I actually ended up getting a free game as well (and funny thing is I almost ordered Pure - but at the last second I removed it from my cart).

And, the final Yahoo was that looking at my bank statement (like I previously mentioned) Every pending charge was removed (I had 3 pending charges for one sale).

So, Technically All these games came to me for free at this point.

After the holidays I'll have to get in touch with gohastings and right the situation - it is the right thing to do.

[quote name='grrouchie']And, the final Yahoo was that looking at my bank statement (like I previously mentioned) Every pending charge was removed (I had 3 pending charges for one sale).

So, Technically All these games came to me for free at this point.

After the holidays I'll have to get in touch with gohastings and right the situation - it is the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, the charges will reappear in a day or two. After all, they sent you the items so now they charge your card - it is the right thing to do.

I ordered on the 18th.
On the 19th I had 3 charges.
By the 21st (i think) I had 0 charges.
Still have nothing.

I fully (n)intend(o) to pay for what I ordered and received - I just find it odd the process that has gone through thus far.

The stuff I ordered on the 18th haven't arrived yet either. They'd usually arrive by now, but I'm sure USPS is swamped. Not in any rush, just as long as they come eventually.

[quote name='JG5253']goHastings having a buy 2 get 1 for a $1[/QUOTE]

looks like only on "qualifying items" though. there's a lot of pages of games though. i tried castlevania LOS, SW:TFU 2, and Kirbys epic yarn and the code wouldn't work for me.

[quote name='hwmusic']looks like only on "qualifying items" though. there's a lot of pages of games though. i tried castlevania LOS, SW:TFU 2, and Kirbys epic yarn and the code wouldn't work for me.[/QUOTE]

yea, got the same with GoWIII, MoH and Sly collection

pass...with shipping costs back and the prices high, it's not a great deal. I like Hastings, but this is weak compared to what we've had the last couple weeks

I ordered two games from there yesterday before the deal started. Better off anyway since it would come out to $5-6 more and I don't really need the third game.

I do have a question though since yesterday was my first time ordering from the site. How are the general quality of their used games?

[quote name='Zin_LG']I do have a question though since yesterday was my first time ordering from the site. How are the general quality of their used games?[/QUOTE]

Used games are generally complete 99% of the time as they require the complete game to trade it in...unlike GameStop.

All of my games came in their original cases with documentation.

I ordered several used Blu-Rays during prior sales and the came new in their wrap.

[quote name='Zin_LG']I ordered two games from there yesterday before the deal started. Better off anyway since it would come out to $5-6 more and I don't really need the third game.

I do have a question though since yesterday was my first time ordering from the site. How are the general quality of their used games?[/QUOTE]

I confirm the above poster's results. I've bought about 40 or so games from goHastings from their B2G1$1 sales, and I believe all but 2 came mint and complete. Of those 2, one had a damaged case, the other was a replacement/rental case.

i bought two games and both were scratched. one had cracks on the inside ring. and my $1.00 game was canceled and magically appeared back in stock a day later. :roll:

Alot of my previous orders usually came complete but generally worn (gamestop/price stickers, sometimes some light scratches/scuffs on the disc), but every one of the 15 or so games I've gotten this past month have come in really great complete condition.

I bought 8 games in the last sale, and all were perfect. I even picked up an older Wii title (Mario Party 8) that I figured would not be in good shape, but everything looked great. I also had little perks like a $10 movie concession voucher that was unused in one game and a newer EA game in which the access code was stilll available for me to use. Two of those games had cases that got a little messed up by the mail carrier, but in the couple dozen games I have gotten, everything has been in great shape and only one has not been complete.

I've received several games from them without manuals and a few scratched pretty bad. The worst though was the Hotel Dusk that did not work at all and was completely gross and filthy.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']I've received several games from them without manuals and a few scratched pretty bad. The worst though was the Hotel Dusk that did not work at all and was completely gross and filthy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I once got a game from GameStop with a booger collection in the cover and a game that looked like someone wiped their ass with the instructions...but back to reality, I'd venture to say you've bought nothing form goHastings as all of your posts on the subject are inflammatory.

You must carry some extreme hate in you...not to mention you are in time out...anything you have to say should be taken with a heavy grain of salt.

Maybe you were fired from goHastings in the past for being a complete douche?

Is there any chance of Epic Mickey, NBA Jam (360), or Sonic Colors coming back in stock?

I've got Splatterhouse and Donkey Kong Country Returns in my cart, but I can't get a third.

I don't wanna miss out on these two, though. What should I do?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, I once got a game from GameStop with a booger collection in the cover and a game that looked like someone wiped their ass with the instructions...but back to reality, I'd venture to say you've bought nothing form goHastings as all of your posts on the subject are inflammatory.

You must carry some extreme hate in you...not to mention you are in time out...anything you have to say should be taken with a heavy grain of salt.

Maybe you were fired from goHastings in the past for being a complete douche?[/QUOTE]

and you must work for them since you are always on their dick

how about you quit whinning when others disagree or have other opinions then you, oh wait you'll once again reply with the ignore list and mouth off again, like a little 12 year old girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back