goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Just repeat this every morning...it works for me...also works for crack addicts.

Backlog give me the strength to have the patience to not buy every dam video game known to man...amen.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. My backlog is pretty much down to last few chapters of LA Noire actually. Just checked my Amazon pre-orders and saw all the games I have pre-ordered aren't out until October and November...thus decided to bite on Infamous 2, so I have something to play until then.

$31 shipped. Pretty happy with the deal.

Took a bit of patience but my order for AC:Brotherhood, NBA 2K11, Forza 3 Ultimate, and MJ Experience (PS3) went through. Roughly $16 each per game after shipping and taxes, which I'm going to inquire about since the one hastings store in Georgia closed.

Got my code and used it on a used 250gb hd for xbox 360 S.... $47.51. Now just gotta wait for shipping confirmation.

Hmmmmm...nothing I want right now. Maybe Smash Bros Brawl or Goldeneye 007, but I can't seem to bring myself to bite on those.

Red Dead Redemption PS3
Red Dead Redemption -- Undead Nightmare PS3

$28 total ($7 of that is tax and shipping, bleh.)

[quote name='BREVITY']I cant get the coupon to apply to used copies of BulletStorm, MotoStorm Apocalypses, or Castlevania. Ideas?[/QUOTE]

You're picking used and not previously viewed right?

Dead Space 2
Heavenly Sword
Singularity

$35.59 shipped. Not bad. Singularity is only $4.99 previously viewed for 360, I had to go for it even if it's not part of the promotion.

[quote name='DesertLeo']actually tempted to grab epic mickey. i can get the collectors set used for 21.xx shipped. anyone know how hastings is with CE's?[/QUOTE]

i hate to quote myself, sorry guys. but does anyone have experience getting used CE's from them?

Argh, going out of stock so fast I can't get an order through. I think I'll sleep on it and try it again tomorrow. Here's hoping stuff comes back in stock by then.

I'll probably regret getting so few things, but I already have a pretty big backlog and I didn't find many things I wanted/didn't own

I got:

Lego Harry Potter Yrs 1-4 (PS3) - $10.58
Mirror's Edge (PS3) - $5.42

I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Xbox 360, for $11.60 shipped. Now I guess I should finish the first one before I can start the second one.

Going to wait for Shadows of the Damned to be in stock for PS3, or for a better price on Dungeon Siege III; besides, their website is a mess right now.

Damn, was out at a physical therapy appointment all morning and missed my chance to get a copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia. Guess I'll wait and see if it comes back in stock before the coupon expires.

Yeah, probably better to wait and have cancellations of games you want due to everyone ordering right now.

I see the down-vote is in effect...

I think I got lost in the shuffle....is it to late to sign up and get a code? followed facebook link and followed on twitter

EDIT: looks like it is too late to get it. Anyone pissed that what they are looking for is out, or willing to nab something for me on their order?

holy shit. my cart keeps disappearing game by game. the more time i spend looking for games to add the more games go out of stock. i just lost out on rdr and sports champions. ahhh mad rush panic!

I might get a couple games now with one coupon, games that shouldn't sell out, like DW:Strikeforce, and then check back on HD Neptunia and others that hopefully will come back.

[quote name='dmdragon']I'm waiting a week or 2 myself.[/QUOTE]

agreed, the selection changes daily, along with price changes as inventory goes up/down.
no rush to use it, especially with the high chance of oos on games ordered today, thus wasting the coupon

[quote name='vherub']agreed, the selection changes daily, along with price changes as inventory goes up/down.
no rush to use it, especially with the high chance of oos on games ordered today, thus wasting the coupon[/QUOTE]

Thats what Im going to do also, nothing that really jumps at me right now.

WTF? I was on the checkout page with the coupon on, then I got an error. When I went to my shopping cart, it says the codes has already been used....

[quote name='j-fever']Picked up for PS3:

Mini Ninja's $6.40

[/QUOTE]

Grabbed this along with Dragon Age II

I've been waiting on a good price for Mini Ninjas for a while now.

40% OFF coupon for anyone who missed out
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1UVGPTOI[/FONT]

Whew! Got my order in. Nothing I wanted was OOS (Except for Yakuza 3 and 4, but I have Of The End coming so that's fine), so I picked up some CEs and some older games that I've loved but sold in the past few years. Shipping almost killed it for a few of the smaller games. :bouncy: It seems they actually knocked some prices down for the sale, seeing as the DS2 CE and DR2 CE were $30 about eight hours ago, and the GTA IV CE was almost $50.

Condemned: Criminal Origins Used - Xbox 360 $2.98
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon Used - Xbox 360 $5.75
F.E.A.R. Files Used - Xbox 360 $3.12
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Used - Xbox 360 $6.69
Dead Space 2 Used - Xbox 360 $15.60
Devil May Cry 4 Used - Xbox 360 $9.30
Grand Theft Auto IV Used - Xbox 360 $20.99
Dead Rising 2 Used - Xbox 360 $14.96
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Used - Xbox 360 $9.00

To the Hastings rep, thanks for the fantastic deals!
I can finally stop buying used games for a few months now that I fed the hunger.

Edit: Oh, and I may have one or two extra 40% off codes too, for anyone who missed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smokey6']Grabbed this along with Dragon Age II

I've been waiting on a good price for Mini Ninjas for a while now.

40% OFF coupon for anyone who missed out
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1UVGPTOI[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

ummm, the codes are unique and one time use

[quote name='dmdragon']ummm, the codes are unique and one time use[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah..........

Then don't use it, let someone else.

[quote name='musha666']The only issue is they like jacking up prices before sales... but thats a minor one.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit stop perpetuating this myth. Common sense, common knowledge, and GoHastings themselves have said this isn't their practice.

The pricing is based on an algorithm that considers supply, demand, competitor's pricing, etc., but GoHastings doesn't tinker with it to increase pricing when there is a sale incoming. They've said so themselves. NUMEROUS CAGs have reported that games in their Wishlist/Cart have actually gone down in price once a sale began.

If prices went up, somebody online or in the stores probably bought the game not giving a crap about the sale, affected the supply/demand, and boom, price went up. This happens all the time with popular and new releases.

GoHastings has plenty of problems but they don't do the Amazon price jack up prior to a sale intentionally. If you want the prices to stay the same, tell other retailers not to change their prices and tell no one to buy from GoHastings online or in person until the sale begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back