goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my code and checked out what's available. Hmm, Mortal Kombat is a mere $57.38 used - 40% off = $34.43, +$2.28 shipping = $36.71, +$10 Kombat Pass = $46.71. Guess I'll wait...

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Does anyone know when Hastings update their inventory?[/QUOTE]

They usually update inventory anywhere between 11pm PST to 1am PST.

Glad the code will be active for a couple weeks. The game I want was in stock yesterday, but OOS when I woke up today. Probably show up at least once in the next week (I hope).

I got all PS3:

Blur
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Medal of Honor
Army of 2 - 40th day
Lost Planet 1

Total $46.62

I guess thats a good haul. $9.32 a game. Whats the difference between Used and Previously Viewed?

[quote name='karyadi']anyone have any recommendations on what to use with the code?[/QUOTE]

You can buy me Dead Space 2 thank you very much...anyone else have a recommendation?

[quote name='DojimaDragon']So does anyone know how i can get a code? is this one of those for only gohastings.com email subscribers ? or what?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure its too late to get one anymore.

I grabbed the epic mickey ce for 21 shipped.

Please don't burn me again Hastings, I just can't take the heartache again...

YOU'VE HURT ME BEFORE! HURT ME DEEP!

[quote name='Master Troll']fuck it, decided to bite on Oblivion GOTY for $14 shipped due to the possibility of it going OOS and not being back by the time I decided to order on the 31st.[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing, i've been wanting to stock up on games that last me a while. since i heard nothing but good things about it and that the gameplay is longer than dragon age, i definitely bit on it. i hope i can get a nice copy. rpgs are always dear to me.

[quote name='DojimaDragon']So does anyone know how i can get a code? is this one of those for only gohastings.com email subscribers ? or what?[/QUOTE]

You had to enter your email address on their facebook page last week to get it.

I picked up:

all for 360
Blur
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Condemned (got it at launch but sold it years ago)
Lego Harry Potter
Burnout Paradise
Dead Rising 2

[quote name='adawg555']You had to enter your email address on their facebook page last week to get it.[/QUOTE]

Ohh shit epic fail on my part, I don't even have a facebook lol. Thanks anyways dude!

[quote name='DojimaDragon']Ohh shit epic fail on my part, I don't even have a facebook lol. Thanks anyways dude![/QUOTE]

you didn't need to have a facebook account to get the code, you just entered an email address. I don't have a facebook account at all.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Alpha Protocol
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Suikoden IV
Final Fantasy XIII
PlayStation 2 Slim

$163 shipped. List was much longer but I decided to stop myself. Although, bummed that RDR and UN went OOS as I was adding stuff.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']you didn't need to have a facebook account to get the code, you just entered an email address. I don't have a facebook account at all.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok, thanks for the info well i am sure it's too late anyways to get a code. Wanted to get some games but oh well.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is the 2 ea games for 25 deal still up ? If so, are bulletstorm and/or crysis 2 in the deal ?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's select titles only that are $20 and less.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is the 2 ea games for 25 deal still up ? If so, are bulletstorm and/or crysis 2 in the deal ?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see them on the list. It was older titles like dead space, army of two, mercenaries, etc.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']These prices seem a lot higher than I'm used to seeing at gohastings, I thought they corrected that price hike[/QUOTE]

Officially, the price hike was "corrected."

[quote name='joeyshadows']I didn't see them on the list. It was older titles like dead space, army of two, mercenaries, etc.[/QUOTE]

Ah crap, oh well I guess I have to wait for one of the ea store's great sales then

[quote name='exileinoblivion']These prices seem a lot higher than I'm used to seeing at gohastings, I thought they corrected that price hike[/QUOTE]

it's in your head, the prices are fine
Hence all the people ordering here and the number of games sold out

For anyone interested, I have no Gohastings near me...

A2ckZxTAa90HAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This may have been posted all ready, I got it in an email. I do not have a store near me. I am unsure if multiple people can use it... It does say "Single-use only."

Coupon_July.jpg

A2ckZxTAa90HAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I'm wondering, since it's good until the end of the month, if it makes the most sense to wait about a week...after most people have already used theirs (though I imagine there'll be some abuse of people getting multiple ones), but before the final rush before it expires, after things are back in stock.

if I order a sold out game (still in my cart) will the cancel it or just send it when they get it back in stock? sucks to have a job. literally everything halfway decent is oos.

[quote name='Drclaw411']if I order a sold out game (still in my cart) will the cancel it or just send it when they get it back in stock?[/QUOTE]

If you order an out of stock game in your cart, it should tell you it's out of stock and will be removed during the check out process.

To see out of stock on orders that you have already placed is normal and does not necessarily mean your order will be canceled.

Has anyone bought a used system from goHastings before that can let me know about the quality? Also does anyone know what their warranty/return policy is on such systems should they have problems? Thanks in advance.

I wish Hastings would've opened stores in the northeast instead of HHGregg, which doesn't even carry a game section to go with the gaming hardware/accessories they sell.:roll:

[quote name='Jurassic425']Has anyone bought a used system from goHastings before that can let me know about the quality? Also does anyone know what their warranty/return policy is on such systems should they have problems? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]90% of the used games I've gotten, if not more, have been in great condition.

There were one or two instances when I received a cracked disc (Which I returned via a prepaid shipping label they provided) and when a collectors edition only came with the base game, which I was also able to return.
There are other times when the games have arrived factory sealed, but that has a very slight chance of happening. Not nearly as high as Amazon Warehouse.

Went on a little Mario spree and picked up:

Yoshi's Island DS
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Super Smash Bros Brawl

all for $63.30.

[quote name='VVaffle']90% of the used games I've gotten, if not more, have been in great condition.

There were one or two instances when I received a cracked disc (Which I returned via a prepaid shipping label they provided) and when a collectors edition only came with the base game, which I was also able to return.
There are other times when the games have arrived factory sealed, but that has a very slight chance of happening. Not nearly as high as Amazon Warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply, good to know that they are reasonable. Does anyone have any experience with buying an actual console from them? What is their warranty on used ones?

Got:
Tiger Woods 12
Resident Evil 5
Gears of War 2
Crysis 2
Borderlands

Only $85...not bad. Plus however much I end up spending on dlc for them.. :/

[quote name='Drclaw411']screw The Show being sold out. damn. and the code doesnt work for previously viewed.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a previously viewed portal 2 and it took off the proper amount...maybe alert gohastings to the problem?

[quote name='themightypencil']I picked up a previously viewed portal 2 and it took off the proper amount...maybe alert gohastings to the problem?[/QUOTE]

i'll give them a call in the morning. no previously vieweds are working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back