goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
GoHastings' facebook page is a disaster. Running out of stock happens, and the people there are behaving like GH straight-up lied to them or something, and that they "deserve" (words used by a customer) the 40% off they did nothing to earn. Just because a face has been given to the business doesn't mean that everything related to any orders placed with them is now personal.

I understand that they want their coupon code replaced if their orders were cancelled. However, the fact that they'd publicly cry about it is just disgusting. Maybe if they contacted gohastings' CS and they denied them a coupon, maybe then they could rightfully complain.

But gohastings shares some of the blame too. Their inventory tracking system is terrible and does cause a lot of headache. It's been like this for quite a while.

[quote name='iRandom']I applied the promo but when I go to checkout the promo disappears
anyone experiencing the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Make sure the little box that asks if you are 17 years or older is checked and re-input the code. That's what always gets me. Otherwise it's gremlins and the game you'll receive when you order is Superman 64.

[quote name='AmorAngel']Make sure the little box that asks if you are 17 years or older is checked and re-input the code. That's what always gets me. Otherwise it's gremlins and the game you'll receive when you order is Superman 64.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that. Everything was fine until I click CHECKOUT which the prices reverted back to their original value
Now Im on the shopping cart page with the code applied and 17 box checked with no effect. the price doesn't change which it should
This is giving me a headache
Looks like I may pass up on this since I know I won't get my games before the BB tiv promo ends

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Ordered two days ago and received shipping confirmations on all 6 games this morning, each with its own tracking number so it looks like they're shipping from different warehouses. It'll be interesting to see if they arrive at staggered times.[/QUOTE]

Jealous! I only got a shipped confirmation for 1 out of 9 games. I ordered AssCreed Brot's and Left 4 Dead before it showed "out of stock" hopefully I get it! I say I am through with gohastings after frustration with orders but they keep reeling me back in.

[quote name='supershammy']GoHastings' facebook page is a disaster. Running out of stock happens, and the people there are behaving like GH straight-up lied to them or something, and that they "deserve" (words used by a customer) the 40% off they did nothing to earn. Just because a face has been given to the business doesn't mean that everything related to any orders placed with them is now personal.[/QUOTE]

Off topic reply:
The climate of entitlement that seems to have become the norm of a faceless society in the age of the internet...does nothing but disgust me...:puke:

It seems that keeping yourself in check doesn't exist nowadays...there are reasonable things and issues to get in a stink over...but in no situation is a coupon one of them.

I often tell others it's difficult for me to feel sorry for myself, for there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you...and doing so is simply selfish. Sure, I may get my feelings hurt if I miss a deal, a retailer didn't honor their deal...etc...etc...but not enough to berate another human being...in their face, even albeit an electronic one :drool:

I can guarantee you that the misfortunes in all of last year of anyone that even has the luxury of posting in these forums were trivial in comparison to anyone living a week or even a day in Somalia.

Just...disgusting

Not sure why spoiler tags now change the font to red...glitch much?

I just received Trivial Pursuit for the PS3 (FINALLY I can mark it off my list) after a few attempt to order it...complete and in great condition.
This was actually one of the games that DECREASED in price while others were complaining about the price increases...went from $24.99 to $12.99 and with 20% off making it $10.40.

[quote name='Todd33']$53 for used ME2 PS3, I guess they do raise prices for promos?[/QUOTE]

I saw it for about $36 before coupon when the sale started. It went out of stock and is back in-stock at the higher price now.

Again, it's one of those supply and demand things where they don't have as many copies and therefore the price is up - not a deal where they raised the price because of the promo itself.

I think I was able to snag some pretty good deals from goHastings today.

I got from what it looked like a Limited Edition Halo Reach for $9 and also grabbed :ps3: Nail'd for $5.42.

Well my stuff shipped and nothing canceled. I ordered the first night of the sale. Im a BIT leary though cause the ones I want the most are Previously Viewed.... I hope theyre not beat to shit. I dont care if theyre in rental cases, but give me good condition and instruction and original art and Im good. If not, Im doing a damn return

[quote name='gohastings']Dean,
I looked at the Call Center ticket and there must have been a misunderstanding. What I show is that only Kingdom Hearts II has been cancelled on your order and that is what the call center ticket says. You should have received a confirmation email after the call that states:

"Items are still on order. Please replace order for Kingdom Hearts II and call back with new order number."

The notes on the ticket state that the order will be price matched after it is placed (I think they refund it back after it ships).

Although you won't see an update until tonight, I looked at Harry Potter Lego and it was processed and packaged for shipment today. This item is out of stock but you had ordered the copy before it went out of stock. This item has not been cancelled.

Also, you ordered a Previously Viewed copy of Kingdom Hearts II. The Previously Viewed is out of stock but the Used version is still in stock.

John

PS - Kingdom Hearts (not II) is at a store waiting to be picked but it has not yet been processed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update! The person I spoke to said that any item that is showing out of stock in my order will be cancelled. I specifically asked her that. Now it is showing that Killzone 3 is out of stock, does that mean that I will still receive it? I should think that items shouldn't change to out of stock in my order, that makes it confusing, especially when you haven't received a shipping confirmation.
I was going to try and order Kingdom Hearts 2 again, but when I placed a used copy in my cart, it showed up as a previously viewed copy, which I never order. I will order this game from another seller.
I haven't received any shipping confirmations for any of the games I have ordered.
Again, thank you for the update!
:D

kinda relevant in video games, buy 1 get one 50% off all apparel. probably some video game shirts and whatnot. it also give 10% off all action figures. of which they do have some video game ones.

code is PBANDJ

this coupon was a hell of a deal. i got a few copies of ass creed brotherhood for around $11 each, halo reach $11 each, borderlands $8 each. pretty awesome. so far all the games I've received from them have worked so I can't complain.

My games shipped yesterday (20th) and have already passed the first USPS sort facility; I ordered AC Hermandad & Dante's Inferno (Both USED PS3 for $21.93 w/ship) I ordered on the first day July 18, 2011 @ 1:50 PM . GH w/ me has been great and I know their system of inventory is not the best but I prefer it than paying extra for a game so that they can pay for a new server/system or something. The site works; just got to know the best times to order, first come first served, I had my stuff ready to go in my cart from days before and when I received the email I delete some stuff from my cart and ordered these two :)

I still have 2 codes that if the games I want don't come back in stock will give them out the day they expire.

My statement shows 4 charges from gohastings for the price of my order. PM'd the rep about it, if I don't hear from him tomorrow I'll bug hastings support.

Anyone else have this issue? Theyre showing up as pending so they may get fixed before they clear but it's never happened with hastings before.

My order still hasn't shipped and has been "In Progress" now for three days.

I only ordered one item, a Halo Reach Wireless controller which was in stock when I bought it and for several hours afterward.

Now on my order details page it says "out of stock" under the picture of it.

I hope this doesn't mean I am going to be canceled because if so, I'm done with Hastings for good.

It really doesn't matter how good the sales they provide are if nobody can ever get everything they pay for.

[quote name='fujimitsu']My statement shows 4 charges from gohastings for the price of my order. PM'd the rep about it, if I don't hear from him tomorrow I'll bug hastings support.

Anyone else have this issue? Theyre showing up as pending so they may get fixed before they clear but it's never happened with hastings before.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 pending charges with only 1 order, kinda annoying. Hoping this isn't widespread.

[quote name='linkbear']I have 2 pending charges with only 1 order, kinda annoying. Hoping this isn't widespread.[/QUOTE]
I think it has to do with the orders being shipped from different location. They can only charge for the item being shipped at that location. So maybe that's why the multiple charges.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I think it has to do with the orders being shipped from different location. They can only charge for the item being shipped at that location. So maybe that's why the multiple charges.[/QUOTE]

I only ordered 1 item.

So I ordered 8 games and a controller on the 18th. Tuesday they emailed to cancel Orange Box. (which I posted about) I noticed yesterday that it became available again for $5 more. I've gotten a couple emails for games shipping, and I just noticed this line: "The following item(s) will be shipped separately as soon as they become available at no additional cost to you."

So why the hell was Orange Box cancelled?

Only ordered one game - Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga - which I heard was an exceptional update to Divinity II: Ego Draconis (basically, more time in the oven = a much better game engine, and added content).

Very surprised it popped back into stock and had little faith it'd ship, as it's not a common title - but got the confirmation earlier today. Excellent deal for $20.

[quote name='Flesseck']Can you also get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look that way. Checkout is set up to only accept one promo code per purchase.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have unused code #4 of 12. Please post when used.

1U_GJSZ9

Guess the missing letter or number.

Please check back for more codes.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't me, but code comes up as used already. Just an FYI...

Those of you wih multiple holds...did you also have as many attempts of checking out when completing your order?

I recall the site was bogged down with several users stating the checkout was locking up.

Thy're just holds and should fall off in 3 to 4 full business days...no need to worry as nobody has yet to report goHastings robbing them of money...and I doubt we will hear of it.

If you hit checkout more than once...you'll have more than one hold.
This should be common knowledge.

I am getting rid of my code. I did apply it to my cart so I am not sure it will work but its never been used.

PM me. No new users. I will select someone of my choice

EDIT: Gone, I only PM'd who I gave it to since there were a number of requests

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games I wanted came in stock but Assassin's Creed Brotherhood isn't showing the discount like the other 4 are. Hm...? What's up with that?

so a few items i want but in stock, but are we good using a 2nd code on the same account?
or do i gotta make a fake account real quick, even tho same address/credit card?

[quote name='Velo214']so a few items i want but in stock, but are we good using a 2nd code on the same account?
or do i gotta make a fake account real quick, even tho same address/credit card?[/QUOTE]
Just check out without making an account, but use a different email address. Worked for me.

[quote name='deantjeep']Thank you for the update! The person I spoke to said that any item that is showing out of stock in my order will be cancelled. I specifically asked her that. Now it is showing that Killzone 3 is out of stock, does that mean that I will still receive it? I should think that items shouldn't change to out of stock in my order, that makes it confusing, especially when you haven't received a shipping confirmation.
I was going to try and order Kingdom Hearts 2 again, but when I placed a used copy in my cart, it showed up as a previously viewed copy, which I never order. I will order this game from another seller.
I haven't received any shipping confirmations for any of the games I have ordered.
Again, thank you for the update!
:D[/QUOTE]

The confirmations should be going out this morning if you have not already received them. Everything else except Kingdom Hearts has shipped; it is still on order.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I think it has to do with the orders being shipped from different location. They can only charge for the item being shipped at that location. So maybe that's why the multiple charges.[/QUOTE]

goHastings does not charge until all items have shipped. These are authorizations only. I'm not sure why there is more than one but if you had any trouble checking out then it would could have tried to authorize multiple times. But it will not actually charge for more than what we ship.

John

[quote name='gohastings']The confirmations should be going out this morning if you have not already received them. Everything else except Kingdom Hearts has shipped; it is still on order.[/QUOTE]

John,

Just wanted to say thank you for your support here. I appreciate what you are doing. I would have to say that my experience with GoHastings has been a positive one and I will continue to buy from your website. Thank you and your support team!:applause:

Hello John,

Is there word on why the 40% coupon isn't working on some games? It's been asked a few times, and I just ran into it also.

Two different used games are sitting in my cart, and the discount isn't being taken off one of the titles. What should/can be done in this situation?

Thank you.

I still haven't received confirmation from my order of Oblivion GOTY from 7/18, and I still haven't received a game from them that I ordered on 7/10. If goHastings can't do better then I'll have to take my money somewhere else.

[quote name='Master Troll']I still haven't received confirmation from my order of Oblivion GOTY from 7/18, and I still haven't received a game from them that I ordered on 7/10. If goHastings can't do better then I'll have to take my money somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Troll much? With a user name like yours it's easy to call your bluff.

Why not contact the rep that makes their pressnce and get to the bottom of it like others have done and get back with us?

[quote name='Hibiwa']Hello John,

Is there word on why the 40% coupon isn't working on some games? It's been asked a few times, and I just ran into it also.

Two different used games are sitting in my cart, and the discount isn't being taken off one of the titles. What should/can be done in this situation?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

THIS! would also like to know whats going on with some games not getting the discount added. a few games i wanted didn't ring up correctly and then went out of stock waiting for an answer...

[quote name='gohastings']goHastings does not charge until all items have shipped. These are authorizations only. I'm not sure why there is more than one but if you had any trouble checking out then it would could have tried to authorize multiple times. But it will not actually charge for more than what we ship.

John[/QUOTE]
Gotcha.. it is what Muthafodder said then.

[quote name='medetron']THIS! would also like to know whats going on with some games not getting the discount added. a few games i wanted didn't ring up correctly and then went out of stock waiting for an answer...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried calling their 800#, but there's no option for a rep without an existing order. Closest one is #2, but that's to leave a voice mail. Ugh.

One of the games is going to go OOS at any given time since there's only 1 left. It was going to replace the one that got mangled by the post office. Waiting for a refund on that too.

My shipping confirmations are starting to come in, yippee! I also checked my order status at GoHastings and everything but Kingdom Hearts is now showing as shipped. I went ahead and cancelled Kingdom Hearts as I already ordered one from another site. So, I will be getting all my other games, thank you GoHastings!!!!!!!!!!

Did not get my code when I signed up, willing to donate like $10 or so to CAG for anyone willing to send me a code, would really appreciate it.

Thanks (sorry to clutter up the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back