goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my copy of NBA 2k11 at Bestbuy for $21(the plastic around the hole was chipping because of the case)
and bought one for $14.45 with the 40% coupon.
I made 6.55 bucks :D

[quote name='kobeisgod']Almost everything I wanted was out of stock earlier today and for some reason I decided to check before going to bed and now everything was listed as available. Hopefully no cancellations. Got:
Demon's Soul for 9.57
[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up kobe! ive been waiting for it to come back, fingers crossed

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have unused code #5 of 12. Please post when used.

1UV_JQB_

Guess the missing 2 letters or numbers.

Please check back for more codes...

P.S. Do not ask me for code via PM. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Some lurker already used it! People should at least post when they use a code.

[quote name='momouchi']Some lurker already used it! People should at least post when they use a code.[/QUOTE]While I agree that people should post when they use a code, it's nobody's fault that you're over five hours late.

Stop complaining about the lurkers and talk to the board ops to get the rules changed, if it's such a big deal. The "lurker" problem is due to the forum rules which prevent new accounts from posting anything for 24 hours. I know this was the case for me, when I first signed up. I actually tried replying to a post that I'd used a code from (another thread) and was unable to do so.

[quote name='wraith44']stop complaining about the lurkers and talk to the board ops to get the rules changed, if it's such a big deal. The "lurker" problem is due to the forum rules which prevent new accounts from posting anything for 24 hours. I know this was the case for me, when i first signed up. I actually tried replying to a post that i'd used a code from (another thread) and was unable to do so.[/quote]

this!

[quote name='david12795']quick someone name me a first party ps3 game thats great (but old like 2008 or older besides MGS4).[/QUOTE]

I thought Heavenly Sword was pretty good. There's also Uncharted, but I assume everyone's played it already

[quote name='ssjmichael']I thought Heavenly Sword was pretty good. There's also Uncharted, but I assume everyone's played it already[/QUOTE]

got that already. i was thinking of getting tools of destruction or heavy rain. but then again i wont get to it for a while. so no point in this sale for me?

[quote name='Wraith44']Stop complaining about the lurkers and talk to the board ops to get the rules changed, if it's such a big deal. The "lurker" problem is due to the forum rules which prevent new accounts from posting anything for 24 hours. I know this was the case for me, when I first signed up. I actually tried replying to a post that I'd used a code from (another thread) and was unable to do so.[/QUOTE]

These boards will never be locked down...just look at the amount of 'guests' online at any given moment...usually 2-1 or more compared to registered users.

If they were to lock these down from the view of lurkers, their revenue stream would be severey affected with all of the affiliate links and click revenue.

The registered users just create the revenue source that the lurkers inflate...

Same for SlickDeals...it's all about the $$, not the wishes of the registered user-base.

I miss the days when forums were just forums...I don't see the need for businesses to offer affiliate partnerships...they would see the same traffic regardless imo, especially for threaded deals...picture ads I can see the benefit for the business...it's an ad...but not stated deals with links.

Got my one ordered game (RF:A) in the mail today. It's basically new, missing the Ruin code... but whoever owned it managed to break one of the things that hold the manual in place. HOW DO YOU EVEN BREAK IT?! I am dumbfounded.

But, again,

[quote name='TheRock88']Ordered my 3 games on the day the deal went live and it still hasnt shipped. They havent even taken the money out of my CC yet. :([/QUOTE]
Same here. I talked with a CS rep and hopefully she will sort everything out.

[quote name='kouleefoh']It seems heavy rain is about the only game that comes back in stock and is cheaper than it was before. haha[/QUOTE]

first order of heavy rain ordered on the first day of promotion and canceled...

second order of heavy rain ordered this morning and canceled...

why is this happening to me?? thanks for the heads up, but looks like i just wasted two codes on canceled orders :cry: looks like im just not meant to play this game

Thanks OP! Received my two packages (Kinect Joy Ride and Blue DS3) this morning. The rest of my packages has been shipped two days ago. Both order is in prestine condition, can't find a price lower than this!

[quote name='themightypencil']anyone know how they ship? I missed ups today, but they left a note saying i needed to sign for it...havent ordered anything else recently, so im thinkin thats it[/quote]

usps

[quote name='hle078']first order of heavy rain ordered on the first day of promotion and canceled...

second order of heavy rain ordered this morning and canceled...

why is this happening to me?? thanks for the heads up, but looks like i just wasted two codes on canceled orders :cry: looks like im just not meant to play this game[/QUOTE]
lol hey third time may be a charm. I have one more code, I'll give it to you when it gets closer to the date. Maybe it'll be even cheaper lol

[quote name='Hakudo']If you're fast Dungeon Siege 3 is actually available with the deal. Drops it to 32.40[/QUOTE]

Except you can get it for $25 new at BB right now...

[quote name='themightypencil']anyone know how they ship? I missed UPS today, but they left a note saying I needed to sign for it...havent ordered anything else recently, so im thinkin thats it[/QUOTE]

As noted, usually usps. However, I had a bunch of games come from the same store once, and it DID come via ups. If you ordered a bunch of games, its possible.

[quote name='Muthafodder']These boards will never be locked down...just look at the amount of 'guests' online at any given moment...usually 2-1 or more compared to registered users.

If they were to lock these down from the view of lurkers, their revenue stream would be severey affected with all of the affiliate links and click revenue.

The registered users just create the revenue source that the lurkers inflate...

Same for SlickDeals...it's all about the $$, not the wishes of the registered user-base.

I miss the days when forums were just forums...I don't see the need for businesses to offer affiliate partnerships...they would see the same traffic regardless imo, especially for threaded deals...picture ads I can see the benefit for the business...it's an ad...but not stated deals with links.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with this, I feel like having business affiliates allows them to stay in business as well as offer us some great contests and deals. Kind of a "nature of the beast" situation.

[quote name='david12795']got that already. i was thinking of getting tools of destruction or heavy rain. but then again i wont get to it for a while. so no point in this sale for me?[/QUOTE]

Tools of Destruction is great, but I've heard Crack In Time is better, FWIW.

So how do I take part in this 40% off thing? I cannot find the coupon code anywhere.

(I'm sure this has been answered already, but I've scrolled through the last bunch of pages and didn't find anything.)

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Tools of Destruction is great, but I've heard Crack In Time is better, FWIW.[/QUOTE]

I loved Tools of Destruction so much I actually sat and played strait through it the first time I popped it in. (of course stopping for eat, sleep, and not ignoring my family).
I loved it so much I actually went out the day after I finished it and got Crack in Time.
I can't believe I missed out on so much Ratchet and Clank until now!

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']So how do I take part in this 40% off thing? I cannot find the coupon code anywhere.

(I'm sure this has been answered already, but I've scrolled through the last bunch of pages and didn't find anything.)[/QUOTE]

There was an email sign up a week or two back on their Facebook page for 40% off codes, but i think the sign up had been taken down since the codes went out, so I THINK your out of luck unless somebody signed up for multiple codes and is willing to give you one.

[quote name='themightypencil']anyone know how they ship? I missed UPS today, but they left a note saying I needed to sign for it...havent ordered anything else recently, so im thinkin thats it[/QUOTE]
For biger packages they do use UPS. I have receivbed couple of shipments from Hastings through UPS.

Well, this order isn't off to the greatest of starts. Received Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 today, and it has a couple of cracks along the inner ring. :cold:

Ugh...my first really poor experience with GoHastings. I ordered one of the new silver 360 controllers with the adjustable d-pad, which is supposed to come as a play & charge kit. I received the right controller, but with a regular black battery holder on the back, and obviously no charging cable. I'd like to keep the controller (either at a discount or if they could ship me the rest of it), but most likely they'll just tell me to return it. Time + coupon = wasted...

my first buying experience with gohastings is bad too got Dragonball Z Raging Blast 2 for 360, cover is all messed up has a nice hole in the back and disc is scratched to hell.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']my first buying experience with gohastings is bad too got Dragonball Z Raging Blast 2 for 360, cover is all messed up has a nice hole in the back and disc is scratched to hell.[/QUOTE]

Ugh you guys are making me nervous! Last thing I ordered from them was a movie and it came fine. But I've never ordered a game from them. With such a high volume of orders at once, maybe they weren't able to get the best quality discs to customers. Really hoping my WWE: All-Stars is in better condition since it is newer.

EDIT: Just got WWE: All Stars in the mail. It looks immaculate! Even still has that 'new game' smell :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had anything but great experiences with Hastings, I just got my order that I placed about 20 minutes after they sent out those codes. Super fast as usual, the only strike against them is that the booklet for resistance 2 was missing. Bummer, but I'll live.

Now this time, only one person get the code via PM but only if you're the 40th person.

One PM per person. Multiple PMs will be disqualified.

Good Luck! ;)

My 2 games are coming today. We shall see. I've ordered probably 6-10 games from hasting before, and most comes in very good condition, some are brand new looking. Only Motor Storm Pacific and God of War III had scratched up box, but manuals and discs were fine. Let's hope my lucky streak continued. I can't imagine the used copy of Duke Nukem being in bad shape. It's so recent. Heavy Rain probably will be red box =/

Edit: Ah nevermind, it's here. Heavy Rain is flawless, regular box. Duke Nukem looks good but has quite a few holes through the art work. lol who the hell handles these games.

Got my shipment today. The disc looks worn, but no major scratches or anything. But holy cripes, the case and artwork looks like someone ran it through a woodchipper.

I've had issues with GoHastings order system and customer service in the past, but this is the first time I've received a shoddy product from them.

Oh well, it was $10, and as long as the disc works ok, I'm cool.

Edit: Missing manual, too. Now I'm contemplating just getting a refund.

[quote name='henryVIII']Got my shipment today. The disc looks worn, but no major scratches or anything. But holy cripes, the case and artwork looks like someone ran it through a woodchipper.

I've had issues with GoHastings order system and customer service in the past, but this is the first time I've received a shoddy product from them.

Oh well, it was $10, and as long as the disc works ok, I'm cool.

Edit: Missing manual, too. Now I'm contemplating just getting a refund.[/QUOTE]
What game is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back