goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
i keep trying to use the "glados" code to get 2 for 25

i'm trying to get rock band 3 and army of two TFD for 360. it says the promo code is valid and that it applied it, but the games are still full price. i ticked off that i am 17 years or older for each game as i added it to the cart. any ideas why it's not working? i went all the way through the checkout screen and even tried reapplying it on the CC info screen and still says the order is around $40.

3/9 games came in.

Prince of Persia LE came with the regular game case, but bonus content disc inside. Slight scratch on inner disc, but otherwise looks fine. It was supposed to come with:
  • An exclusive look at the making of Prince of Persia
  • A Prima digital mini-strategy guide full of developer's secrets
  • A digital art book
  • The original soundtrack scored by master composer Inon Zur

Bayonetta came in good condition although there's a huge ass sticker on the outside of the spine.

Resonance of Fate came in great condition. Although there was a barcode sticker on the inner ring of the CD. Came off easily. Case has seen better days, good thing I have a bunch of extra cases.

[quote name='Hakudo']If you're fast Dungeon Siege 3 is actually available with the deal. Drops it to 32.40[/QUOTE]
If you buy the @Gamer magazine from Best Buy right now, there's a $15 off coupon in it which works on the current sale price of $39.99. That takes it down to $25(plus $5 for the @Gamer magazine) for a NEW copy.

So about $30 for a new copy(before any sales tax) as opposed to taking a gamble on GH as to whether or not you'll get a good copy, get your order cancelled or whatever.

yeah i still can't get this code to work no matter what i do. i even tried different games and different browsers and nothing :(

those of you getting scratched up games, are they new? on the site i see used, but nothing about "pre played" so i'm assuming that they don't sell new games?

[quote name='Pravado']those of you that are using the 2 for 25 EA "glados" code, are you having any problems with it?[/QUOTE]

I just tested it and it didn't work for me either...

Debating on Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $8 and change. No doubt it'll be $10 in B&M stores soon enough. I can probably wait.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe it only works with SELECT EA games?[/QUOTE]

You mean like the big link "Shop qualifying game titles?":roll:

I tried several combos of 2 from their list. It says promo code applied but does not deduct anything from the total.

Got part of my order in today. The case is crapped out and there is no manual. Can I call or email them to get it? Is it normal for them to not send the manual? Can I take it back to the store.

[quote name='stageman12']You mean like the big link "Shop qualifying game titles?":roll:

I tried several combos of 2 from their list. It says promo code applied but does not deduct anything from the total.[/QUOTE]
You should try contacting the GoHastings rep that's on CAG and/or their customer service line, as they may be able to help.

Just got both my games and they're in excellent condition. The clear cases look a little opaque (i.e. not super new and clear) but the games and manuals look brand new. There was a used priced sticker on the front of the Mirror's Edge case but I was able to peel it off without prob. I've yet to have any major probs with Hastings :)

no idea why I took pictures of them, but here they are, lol

hastings1.jpg

hastings2.jpg

2 of my 3 games were FACTORY SEALED even though I ordered USED.

One of the best Wut The fuck moments this gen.

Complete win at the prices! :bouncy:

Try taking a clean cloth to the inside of the cases that look opaque, ssjmichael. I bought a number of new/used PS3 games and the cases for them looked like that. After a quick wipedown they look much better now.

I think that haze is just a byproduct of the manufacturing process for the cases.

[quote name='BREVITY']Got part of my order in today. The case is crapped out and there is no manual. Can I call or email them to get it? Is it normal for them to not send the manual? Can I take it back to the store.[/QUOTE]

This is from their FAQ:

Product Condition
Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used or, video games and CDs.

[quote name='TheRock88']Ordered my 3 games on the day the deal went live and it still hasnt shipped. They havent even taken the money out of my CC yet. :([/QUOTE]

Just called CS to check up and they said one of the stores said they had all 3 items in stock and were going to ship them. When they got to my order they said they in fact didnt have them in stock so they sent the order to another store and said it should be shipping any day now. :cry:

[quote name='TheRock88']Just called CS to check up and they said one of the stores said they had all 3 items in stock and were going to ship them. When they got to my order they said they in fact didnt have them in stock so they sent the order to another store and said it should be shipping any day now. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Of course they didn't get money out of your CC if it hasn't shipped.

Got my 5 games and ripped open the package worried as the majority of the games were PV. This was my first time using Hastings and the stuff I got came PERFECT! Great condition (just needed a wipe) and complete except for one game Medal Of Honor Limited Edition. No biggie. But it had the codes in there but nothing specifying if the codes were for that Frontline game. Is Frontline built in, or do I even need a code for it?

All in all, $9 a game is a steal. AC Brotherhood is worth double that to me and Blur, at least $15. I still have 2 other codes I can use down the line too. Nice!

meh - got my order for a book today and it was postage due $3. On top of that, it wasn't the right book.
Whoops, hastings. (not the first time i've gotten postage due from them, either.)

[quote name='Ravenous']I still have 2 other codes I can use down the line too. Nice![/QUOTE]

haha you don't wanna, you know... help a brotha out? ;)

Got my games and hard drive today. 250 gb old fatty Xbox hard drive for $50. Its labeled used on the site, but the discount didn't come off for some reason. It was working on consoles and other accessories. $50 is still nice but I'm disappointed they won't give me the discount. :( I contacted them and they said it was for games only. :shrugs:

Actually, the hard drive was packaged pretty poorly as well. It looks in fine shape, but came in a small bubble mailer and that's it. A shitty mailer at that, actually. I was worried about the connector that sticks off the side, but it seems to be ok. I will test it tomorrow.

[quote name='mombbsmj']The dsi xl I ordered shipped today along with 3 games. I did get two cancellations for games yesterday. I hope the dsi is in good condition. At my local store they are extremely picky on what they will take for trade.[/QUOTE]

I also got notification that my DSi XL and PS2 also shipped. When I had talked to them before and asked about the used DSi, they told me they went through a refurb process before being resold. I'm not sure if that's a factory refurb, or just a BS "refurb" that GameStop might do (which is basically nothing). Should know the answer in a few days.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Got my games and hard drive today. 250 gb old fatty Xbox hard drive for $50. Its labeled used on the site, but the discount didn't come off for some reason. It was working on consoles and other accessories. $50 is still nice but I'm disappointed they won't give me the discount. :( I contacted them and they said it was for games only. :shrugs:

Actually, the hard drive was packaged pretty poorly as well. It looks in fine shape, but came in a small bubble mailer and that's it. A shitty mailer at that, actually. I was worried about the connector that sticks off the side, but it seems to be ok. I will test it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 250gb hd for the slim model and the discount worked, it cost $41.51 after the code was applied. Strange that it didn't work on the older model.

I also ordered that silver controller with the play and charge kit. After reading this thread, I'll feel lucky if the correct items show up and work properly.

[quote name='Pookymeister']meh - got my order for a book today and it was postage due $3. On top of that, it wasn't the right book.
Whoops, hastings. (not the first time i've gotten postage due from them, either.)[/QUOTE]

Wow that's absolutely nuts! Are you demanding a full and complete reimbursement? What'd they do, weigh the box then switch your order with another box before mailing it?

[quote name='kodave']Wow that's absolutely nuts! Are you demanding a full and complete reimbursement? What'd they do, weigh the box then switch your order with another box before mailing it?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm going to ask for the cost of book + $3 - which they did in the past with no issues.
As far as the wrong book goes, it wasn't a blatant mistake....but still a mistake. Got Walking Dead Vol 2 paperback instead of Walking Dead Book 2 hardcover...which if you follow the comics, doesn't cover the same material.

The extra shipping charge comes from the package being too slim for media mail, so it gets upgraded to parcel post. Most of the stuff I order are guides and hardcover books, so don't have to worry about it - but last time it happened was when I ordered a bunch of Buffy trades and like 3 packages came postage due at once. doh.

Got 3 of my games- 2 of them were mint discs/manuals but worn cases (as always) and the third was near mint overall. I'm actually amazed at how frequently I get mint discs from these guys.

The remaining two are coming tomorrow and I hope they're minty too. I wish had some more codes though... didn't think they'd extend the sale, otherwise I'd have signed up for more.

Anybody, who have a code, but not planing to use it, please PM me. I found out finaly they have in stock an item I was having in my wish list for awhile now. I will greatly appreciate it.

Picked up a couple more games, hope they come complete.

[quote name='Taboner']Is Alice worth $26 (I'm guessing $30 after shipping)?[/QUOTE]

I would personally wait. I can see this game dropping in price soon. Plus you get a voucher code for the original Alice game if you buy it new i believe. But maybe you'll get lucky and get one with an unused code.

After thinking long and hard about what to get with my code, I settled for Mafia II Platinum Hits (w/ all DLC included) on 360 for $10.18 after shipping. I think that's a pretty sweet deal. :bouncy:

finally can get lbp2 for 34 and get 40% off, and wow, it isn't working with the code. oh great.
also wow, i can't even get an order through. i dont know why cuz i have multiple codes, but if i put a different email address it says that is incorrect (matched with codes?) and if i put my email address then it takes off the discount. argh, i think im screwed

[quote name='Velo214']finally can get lbp2 for 34 and get 40% off, and wow, it isn't working with the code. oh great.
also wow, i can't even get an order through. i dont know why cuz i have multiple codes, but if i put a different email address it says that is incorrect (matched with codes?) and if i put my email address then it takes off the discount. argh, i think im screwed[/QUOTE]

How many codes have you used so far? I don't think the the codes are matched with emails because i have given a couple of mine away and they worked.

Hm, weird. I can't get my 2nd code to work. Here's what I did. I made a fake account using my friends address (no, he hasn't ordered anything from them ever) I use an alternate email account and use my credit card instead of my debit card. It shows the discount until I get to the last page to place my order then it jumps back up to the full amount. I thought maybe they track my IP but when I use a different computer/connection it still does it. Any idea how to get two codes to work? I got 5 of the 8 games I wanted but now the other 3 are in stock and they're calling my name. ;_; Think it's my billing address that's screwing me over?

My Oblivion GOTY finally shipped this morning. It seems that the store they checked to process the game from didn't have it in stock, so they shipped a copy to a store in New Mexico which has been processed and is now being sent to me.

Was able to pick up some ps3 games:
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (shipped)
Assassins Creed: B (shipped)
(2) Midnight Club Complete (1) shipped

all for $56 shipped. thanks gohastings & CAG forum member who posted the facebook link.

hopefully they are in good shape

[quote name='Vigilante']After thinking long and hard about what to get with my code, I settled for Mafia II Platinum Hits (w/ all DLC included) on 360 for $10.18 after shipping. I think that's a pretty sweet deal. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I hope they ship you the right version. I had ordered the Platinum Hits-specific version and got the old one instead...they ended up just refunding me and I returned the original one.

[quote name='Velo214']finally can get lbp2 for 34 and get 40% off, and wow, it isn't working with the code. oh great.
also wow, i can't even get an order through. i dont know why cuz i have multiple codes, but if i put a different email address it says that is incorrect (matched with codes?) and if i put my email address then it takes off the discount. argh, i think im screwed[/QUOTE]
I've used a 2nd code before, it doesn't link to email or anything like that. First code I used with my gohastings account. Afterward, website wouldn't take my 2nd code (while I was still logged in). So I log out, and check out as a guest, works fine.

[quote name='animemaniac14']when i try to check out as a guest as soon as i get to the final "place order" page the discount is gone..[/QUOTE]
Same thing happens to me, dunno if it's a glitch or what. Have you ordered from them before? I'm tempted to hit submit but I don't want to be charged full price. Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I hope they ship you the right version. I had ordered the Platinum Hits-specific version and got the old one instead...they ended up just refunding me and I returned the original one.[/QUOTE]Yikes, then in that case, I hope they send me the right version too. Does anyone know if their CS would allow me to make another order with the 40% discount if this was to happen (and they wouldn't send me the right version to make up for it)?

[quote name='Vigilante']Yikes, then in that case, I hope they send me the right version too. Does anyone know if their CS would allow me to make another order with the 40% discount if this was to happen (and they wouldn't send me the right version to make up for it)?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I doubt it though. I once got a good deal on a used Kinect at $62, it showed up broken and they simply refunded me after I returned it -- the CSR I spoke to said their system doesn't allow them to let you place another order at the same price. Of course it was also out of stock so that too may have something to do with it.

Cross your fingers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back