goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a chance to open my gohastings package.

Both games were in great shape, one had a sticker on it from the previous owner that came off without any effort. Bulletstorm turned out to be an LE with an unused online pass (ps3).

Another great deal from gohastings :).

I got my copy of Heavenly Sword and Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light in. Both in great condition, complete. Ordered a bunch of other stuff including PSP game.s Anyone else order any PSP games? I'm kind of interested in how they'll end up coming. They have great prices on some harder to find PSP stuff.

[quote name='kouleefoh']what are you looking for? I check it sometimes if I see it back in stock i'll shoot you a pm.[/QUOTE]

mass effect 2 for the ps3.

I know this isn't the begging forum, but if anyone isn't going to use their codes I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands! :D

With that said today I ordered the following for roughly $45 total:

Dead Space 2
Fable 3
Medal of Honor
AC: Brotherhood

Lol the sports champions bundle shot up to 80 bucks from 60 (OOS now) and the Nav shot up by like 6 bucks (also OOS now).

I do see 1 or 2 games I may be interested in though.

What is there return policy on used items? From what I saw they only mention that new items must be sealed. I just received my order tonight, but I'd rather spend my money I spent on the game on the DVD/Blu sale coming up.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']What is there return policy on used items? From what I saw they only mention that new items must be sealed. I just received my order tonight, but I'd rather spend my money I spent on the game on the DVD/Blu sale coming up.[/QUOTE]
Yup I saw that.. hopefully i'll find something good

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']What is there return policy on used items? From what I saw they only mention that new items must be sealed. I just received my order tonight, but I'd rather spend my money I spent on the game on the DVD/Blu sale coming up.[/QUOTE]

30 days for defective used items, return for a refund. I don't think they offer exchanges but at the very least, they'll cover the return shipping.

[quote name='DesertLeo']got my used Epic Mickey CE. game is still sealed and everything's there, but my Mickey figure came broken :cry:[/QUOTE]
I remember from here that when they came out the arms or something was broken in many figurines of that CE.

Well,i order a Nintendo DSi XL,a Slim 360 250gb,a wiimote plus&nunchuk and MGS4 for 260 dlls,very good if they dont cancel my order.

Just my luck, after repeated tries to get heavy rain they cancel it yet again, now I'm out of codes. I'm about to give up and by the damn thing new, arrrrrgggghhhhh. I need one more code guys... I need my fix, I swear this is the last time... I'll be off this 40% off code binge forever, I swear it!

[quote name='Kylearan']Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga arrived in perfect shape WITH the Pre-Order Soundtrack Bonus. Very sweet.[/QUOTE]

Great, underrated game. Enjoy.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I missed out on this deal...if anybody wants a 40% off movies code I'll swap one tomorrow for a 40% off games code if anybody's interested[/QUOTE]
30% Off Used and Previously Viewed DVD'S
20% Off Used Blu-Ray
30% Off Previously Viewed Blu-Ray

Code: PAPASMURF

[quote name='Envel']:booty:

20% Off Used Blu-Ray
30% Off Used Blu-Ray

Code: PAPASMURF[/QUOTE]
That's different. They have a 40% off promo like the video game code going on their fb. You have to put in your email. Look on the left of their fb.

[quote name='Envel']:booty:

20% Off Used Blu-Ray
30% Off Used Blu-Ray

Code: PAPASMURF[/QUOTE]

40% is more than 30% off... And if someone wants DVDs and isn't going to use their game code... Then a swap would make more financial sense than holding onto an unused code and not getting an even deeper discount.

That aside, I just used one of my codes to grab Tetris DS for $13.67 shipped. I'm crossing my fingers it goes through and actually comes complete.

GoHastings Amazon 3rd Party seller price for LA Noire: 27.48.

GoHastings Used (gohastings.com) price for LA Noire: 49.18.

Do you really want to hurt me?

This makes sense... of course they use a smaller discount the day before the big sale goes live. Then, when everyone has 30-40 percent off, most everything will be sold out.
I normally laugh at the folks who get so angry at gohastings, but that really is kind of a bummer.

[quote name='Envel']People are getting these codes to work on consoles? I'm trying it on a DSI and it doesn't work[/QUOTE]

Yes,i tried in a DSI XL an a regular DSL,also in 360,PS3 and PS2 and all work.

[quote name='kellte2']GoHastings Amazon 3rd Party seller price for LA Noire: 27.48.

GoHastings Used (gohastings.com) price for LA Noire: 49.18.

Do you really want to hurt me?[/QUOTE]

Their prices and stock quantities on Amazon are not automatically updated when their own website is. Why is that? I don't know. GoHastings obviously isn't very tech savvy. And such a discrepancy is normally the exception, not the rule.

Wow, saw this about a week too late. Those are some awesome prices some of you are getting these games at. If anyone has a spare code that they don't plan on using, I would be extremely grateful. It would not go to waste as I plan to get a ton of games to add to the collection as my backlog is finally finished! ;P

[quote name='kouleefoh']That's different. They have a 40% off promo like the video game code going on their fb. You have to put in your email. Look on the left of their fb.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And I used multiple email addresses so I should be getting multiple codes, which I'm more than willing to swap. I missed the 40% off games deal though but would love to snag a couple games (especially Red Dead Redemption) on the cheap!

I was waiting to snag Just Cause 2 on the 360 and it finally came back in stock. Got it for $14.xx (16.xx w/ shipping). I'm pretty happy with that.

Katamari Forever was $26.99, then went down to $12.99, and now that it's back in stock, it's back up to $26.99 and the 40% off won't apply. Great.

Received 4 of my games so far. 3 are in decent/good condition.

Fire Emblem DS looks like someone literally took a shit on the case. There's some nasty brown-looking stuff all over it. Would be more upset if I didn't have replacement cases, but fuck.

Just started playing farcry 2 i got from the 40% off coupon and disc is unreadable about 15 minutes into it. fan fucking tastic.

So for those with a 2nd code (I used my 2 emails) did you get the 2nd code to work on one account? I wanted to know if I need to just set up a new account using the other email I used or not.

Got it to work so never mind.

[quote name='poker360']Just started playing farcry 2 i got from the 40% off coupon and disc is unreadable about 15 minutes into it. fan fucking tastic.[/QUOTE]

Those are the worst. Even if Gohastings did check their disks it is hard to catch those. Sorry...I am waiting on my return for something very similar...not a quick process either.

thinking about picking up a bunch of cheap games. anyone have any opinions either way on these games? want to know if they are worth getting or not.

Eat Lead
Shadowrun
Stuntman Ignition
Stranglehold
Singularity
Section 8

[quote name='cancerman1120']Those are the worst. Even if Gohastings did check their disks it is hard to catch those. Sorry...I am waiting on my return for something very similar...not a quick process either.[/QUOTE]

What's the return policy on something like this? Most of my contemplated orders are going into a backlog so I doubt i'd be able to tell if a disk were faulty or not.

There's always toothpaste.

[quote name='Mizzou75']thinking about picking up a bunch of cheap games. anyone have any opinions either way on these games? want to know if they are worth getting or not.

Eat Lead
Shadowrun
Stuntman Ignition
Stranglehold
Singularity
Section 8[/QUOTE]

Singularity for sure. Everything else are meh. Might be worth picking up though if shipping doesn't kill the deal.

[quote name='poker360']Just started playing farcry 2 i got from the 40% off coupon and disc is unreadable about 15 minutes into it. fan fucking tastic.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, after 15 minutes you aren't gonna want to play anymore ;)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Don't worry, after 15 minutes you aren't gonna want to play anymore ;)[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Far Cry 2 was a lot of fun, much better than most of the cookie-cutter shooters that have come out since.

[quote name='Squall835']What are you talking about? Far Cry 2 was a lot of fun, much better than most of the cookie-cutter shooters that have come out since.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I did not like about the game was the respawning enemies and the AI with eagle eyes...the settings and graphics were great though. Far Cry 3 is going to be sick.

Well I decided to order more than I need since my backlog really does not need more games but theses deals were just too good.

Dead Space 2 $11.79
Dead Rising 2 $11.10
Bulletstorm $11.31
Singularity $10.58
Section 8 $3.94
Total: $48.72
Shipping $11.40
Grand total: $60.12

Normally I would balk at shipping costing over 20% of the order but these prices are just too good. I went on Gamestop and the same group of games would cost $127.70 with both my 10% and 16% off and free shipping. Very happy as long as all the discs work. :)

My haul:

Silent Hill 2 (PS2) - $5.98
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PS2) - $2.98
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS) - $2.98
Odin Sphere (PS2) - $12.99 (promo wouldn't work with it for some reason)
Chulip (PS2) - $4.29
Infinite Undiscovery (360) - $3.98
Cross Edge (PS3) - $13.78 (lol)
M.A.G. (PS3) - $7.87
Glory of Heracles (DS) - $2.98
Last Rebellion (PS3) - $7.49
Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $8.42
Resonance of Fate (360) - $6.00
Alpha Protocol (360) - $6.00
Blazblue: Continuum Shift (360) - $13.69
Rune Factory 3 (DS) - $15.27
Knights in the Nightmare (PSP) - $5.09 (hopefully comes with Yggdra Union voucher)
Dreamcast Collection (360) - $8.39

S&H: $38.76
Tax: $14.17

Total: $181.19

At one point during the sale I had Hyperdimension Neptunia in my cart, but I got greedy and decided to wait for Ar Tonelico Qoga to get restocked so I could buy both 40% off. Neptunia quickly went OoS and neither Neptunia or Qoga have been restocked since. I got tired of waiting. :cry:

I doubt I'd play either of them (half the games I bought I'm probably never going to touch), but they're both worth a fuckload of money.

^ do you have 72 ours in a day? how you gonna play that much. im too old for gaming, dont know how people on this site squeeze in games into school, life and work.

[quote name='iggypop123']^ do you have 72 ours in a day? how you gonna play that much. im too old for gaming, dont know how people on this site squeeze in games into school, life and work.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, half the games I bought I'm probably never going to touch. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back