goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got:

Epic Mickey Collectors Edition
Fable III Collectors Edition
The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collectors Edition

All complete and in great condition.

Total 57.09 shipped after 40% off code.

Very impressed!

My NBA 2K11 came in with a sticker on the cover. Aside from that and a few other sticker marks, the case is fine.

My killzone 3 came in with no case problems at all. Both games had no scratches on the disk's and manual's included.

That should put me at 15-20 games that came complete, the only manual i was missing was Demon's souls. Not like that would help me much anyway.

But at any rate, I think I was more surprised that both games came today in one package (I ordered them on sunday) First time that happened!

Since every page has someone complaining about it, PLEASE REMEMBER :

When a game on the gohastings website goes out of stock, the price often changes to some ridiculous price (high or low) that isn't reflective of what the game will actually cost when it comes back in stock.

Its been like this for a long time.

Never going to buy from these guys again. Only One game wasn't trashed. Castlevania lacked the second disc, case, & manual. Sucks and they are hard to work with. I pay shipping both ways and I can't fix it at the local store.

Got the rest of my games today! All PS3 except for Wild Things.

Killzone 3, looks like a previous rental, but in excellent condition, complete with clean case and manual.
Harry Potter Lego, like new, complete.
Bioshock 2, like new, complete.
Turning Point Fall of Liberty, very clean, missing the manual.
Blacksite Area 51, had to replace the case, everything else in great condition, complete.
Where the Wild Things Are, complete, like new.

I would have to say another great purchase from GoHastings!!!!!!!

A really awesome user here hooked me up with a code and i picked up Heavenly Sword and The Bourne Conspiracy - both were in Like New condition. I'm starting to love goHastings!

Got Dissidia 012, DJ Max Fever, and Disgaea 2 PSP from my order in. Everything was in great shape, Dissidia 012 was missing the manual, but I can't complain since I got it for about 12 bucks shipped. Cheap cheap cheap PSP games!

I have unused code #9 of 12. First person gets it via PM w/ proper headline/description.

Please check back for more codes. Thank You!

EDIT: Taken.

The damn prices are going up on a lot of items. From 9.99 to 17.99 for Fallout New Vegas, Blur from 9.99 to 17.00, etc. Bunch of bastards.

Rather than spend hours looking for something to add to my backlog, I'd rather pay it forward so someone can buy something they'd truly enjoy.

1UVGMWV3

[quote name='Heavyd814life']A really awesome user here hooked me up with a code and i picked up Heavenly Sword and The Bourne Conspiracy - both were in Like New condition. I'm starting to love goHastings![/QUOTE]
How much did Heavenly Sword set ya back though? I ask because it's $14.99 NEW at Kmart.;)

In other news, I'm giving away my code to a fellow CAG who I also know on PSN, since it's apparent the few things I want(Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Catherine) will either never come in stock used or come back in stock used.

[quote name='dkl415']Rather than spend hours looking for something to add to my backlog, I'd rather pay it forward so someone can buy something they'd truly enjoy.

1UVGMWV3[/QUOTE]

Getting a few games for the family and will find a way to pay it forward. Thanks.:applause:

[quote name='cynicalaa22']The damn prices are going up on a lot of items. From 9.99 to 17.99 for Fallout New Vegas, Blur from 9.99 to 17.00, etc. Bunch of bastards.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter how many times I go through this it's still just as jarring as the first time, the price raises are quite amazing, sometimes it leaves me speechless, but like I always say when on the site. THAT'S GOHASTINGS FOR YA!!!

[quote name='Muthafodder']Has anyone else encountered the issue of checking their wish list on their smartphone and discovering it empty...then going to check on your desktop / laptop and it is also empty? It also does it if you add an item to your wish list on your smartphone.

It seems to do the same thing to your shopping cart.[/QUOTE]

WISHLIST: It took us a minute to duplicate this. If you do not log out on the PC, then it will not show up on the smart phone. This seems to be true both directions. For example, if you added it to your smartphone, go to your PC and log out and then log back in and it will appear.

SHOPPING CART: The shopping cart will not move. This is stored in a cookie in your browser.

[quote name='gohastings']WISHLIST: It took us a minute to duplicate this. If you do not log out on the PC, then it will not show up on the smart phone. This seems to be true both directions. For example, if you added it to your smartphone, go to your PC and log out and then log back in and it will appear.

SHOPPING CART: The shopping cart will not move. This is stored in a cookie in your browser.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this is good to know.

I've decided to pass on adding to my backlog as well, so here's my code for someone else to use. I only ask one thing, please post that you've used it to avoid people trying to use it well after it's gone. Enjoy your games whoever gets it!

1UVGKC7P

im more than likely going to have a spare code available...tomorrow is the last day for me in terms of waiting for restocks. if someone wants to pm me now, i can have it to you by tomorrow

edit...its reserved!

I placed an order the end of last week for Halo Reach and Super Street Fighter IV using the 40% off (the total was a little over $20 and change for both). I never received tracking information and I haven't received any updates since placing the order. Should I give it a couple more days before calling customer service?

Thanks,
Bryan

does this 40% coupon only work on certain games? the game I wanted finally came back in stock and the coupon won't work on it. I emailed a hastings rep and will call after work, but I've seen others in this thread have that happen and wondering if they ever got it resolved?

[quote name='akir']does this 40% coupon only work on certain games? the game I wanted finally came back in stock and the coupon won't work on it. I emailed a hastings rep and will call after work,[/QUOTE]

your better off calling them as sometimes they wont get back to you on emails and if they do they take their sweet time, but on the phone they assist you almost immediately. well from my exp

In lue of massive backlog I had to pass on this deal.
Slowly convincing my friend to buy used though!

He snagged Metal Gear Solid 4 and Assassins Creed (Not sure which) for about $20 shipped.

OK THIS IS FOR EVERYONE THAT IS CLUELESS AS TO WHICH GAMES WORK WITH THE 40% COUPON (as well as the other periodic coupons such as MM123 (B2G1) and percentage coupons)

To See the accurate list of games that coupons apply to:

1. First make sure you are looking at a listing of games (ie. you see grid list of games, Sort By, View All, etc.)

2. Mouse over "Promotions" in the filters, and click "USED AND PPG GAMES AND MORE"

3. Boomshakalaka! This will filter out games that currently don't apply the coupon, and only show valid ones.

4. Keep in mind that the games on the "USED AND PPG GAMES AND MORE" list change daily, usually when a game goes out of stock and then comes back in, but someone at goHastings needs to add it back to that offer list. I have even seen "Game Platforms" (ie. consoles) and Accessories show and disappear from the list, which explains why the codes work on some Xbox's but not all (ex. Used Kinect Sensor for $74.99 was added to the list this week, though the codes were given out weeks ago--EDIT Kinect no longer on the list ).

So who knows why certain items are added or removed, but all I know is the code works on any item that is part of USED AND PPG GAMES AND MORE deal.

I hope this helps.

BTW Sorry about all the caps, but I am obviously a little annoyed that there are tons of CAGers who have been buying from goHastings for a long time now, and still don't understand how their system/offers/stocking method/pricing work (please stop bitching about prices going up and down). I assume most CAGers are smarter than the average person, and at least intelligent enough to traverse simple websites, though this clearly is not the case.

out of the 21 games I've ordered from them I just got my first bad disc, a borderlands. not too huge a deal even if I don't get my money back, i'm only out $8.

I wanted to tell you if you still have your coupon try to get Oblivion, it's a really good game. It may be long but it's still amazing.

I really would appreciate a code if anybody has one left, this is my one and last chance to get some games I missed out due to some cancellations; if not it's no biggie, thanks.

I received my 250gb slim hard drive today. The case is scratched up but it works fine. From what I can tell, I think it is an official Microsoft drive, not a knockoff.

I got my order today and I must tell you, I am a super happy camper. Both Bully: Scholarship Edition and Bayonetta were in absolute mint condition. Not a single scratch on the case, manual, or disc.

Bully even had the poster/map still with it and it looks like it's never been opened up. Very good first experience with goHastings.

I wrote this on the last page but it was the last post, and I want everyone to read it so here's a repost:
OK THIS IS FOR EVERYONE THAT IS CLUELESS AS TO WHICH GAMES WORK WITH THE 40% COUPON (as well as the other periodic coupons such as MM123 (B2G1) and percentage coupons)

To See the accurate list of games that coupons apply to:

1. First make sure you are looking at a listing of games (ie. you see grid list of games, Sort By, View All, etc.)

2. Mouse over "Promotions" in the filters, and click "USED AND PPG GAMES AND MORE"

3. Boomshakalaka! This will filter out games that currently don't apply the coupon, and only show valid ones.

4. Keep in mind that the games on the "USED AND PPG GAMES AND MORE" list change daily, usually when a game goes out of stock and then comes back in, but someone at goHastings needs to add it back to that offer list. I have even seen "Game Platforms" (ie. consoles) and Accessories show and disappear from the list, which explains why the codes work on some Xbox's but not all (ex. Used Kinect Sensor for $74.99 was added to the list this week, though the codes were given out weeks ago--EDIT Kinect no longer on the list ).

So who knows why certain items are added or removed, but all I know is the code works on any item that is part of USED AND PPG GAMES AND MORE deal.

I hope this helps.

BTW Sorry about all the caps, but I am obviously a little annoyed that there are tons of CAGers who have been buying from goHastings for a long time now, and still don't understand how their system/offers/stocking method/pricing work (please stop bitching about prices going up and down). I assume most CAGers are smarter than the average person, and at least intelligent enough to traverse simple websites, though this clearly is not the case.

Im going to make an order tonight. I have a list of 12 posible orders i made to choose from and i calculated the cost of all 12 after the shipping and the code is applied. Im going to pick one and hope for the best. (Strait edge preys that the power of cm punk brings good luck)

I missed out on getting the 40% code if anyone would be kind enough to send me their unwanted code it would be much much appreciated. :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im going to make an order tonight. I have a list of 12 posible orders i made to choose from and i calculated the cost of all 12 after the shipping and the code is applied. Im going to pick one and hope for the best. (Strait edge preys that the power of cm punk brings good luck)[/QUOTE]

Don't ever underestimate the power of CM Punk. May he be with you. :cool:

[quote name='sbaker44']Free code for someone. Please post when you've used it.

1UVG0CQ6[/QUOTE]

I used it, thanks. grabbed Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Lego Rock Band & Tornado Outbreak for $25.00.

[quote name='Zombiefacekilla1951']Free code for someone. Please post when you've used it.
1UVGPDXK[/QUOTE]

Either code has been used or didn't work. Just tried it (and yes, I clicked off the 17 and over button =).

If anyone has an extra or left-over code, appreciate a PM. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for the code, apparently codes not working for me. C'est la vie! Thanks again!

[quote name='Zombiefacekilla1951']Free code for someone. Please post when you've used it.
1UVGPDXK[/QUOTE]

I just used the code. I picked up:
Dragon Age II
Used - PlayStation 3

Mirror's Edge
Used - PlayStation 3

Need for Speed: Shift
Used - Xbox 360

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Used - Xbox 360

[quote name='ssjmichael']*points and laughs*[/QUOTE]
I've sold 7 already and 6 of them were for $5 so I will point and laugh at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back