Gold Box: PS3 40gig for $379.99 (free ship + no tax in a lot of states)

coolz481

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I already own a 60gig, but the 40 showed up in my Amazon gold box today. Not a bad deal if you're in the market for one, as you'll save $20 + free shipping and no tax in certain states. If you ordered the system in the last 30 days, you can also email or call amazon and have them refund the difference.

Not everyone has the same deals FYI. I got the xbox360 Elite system for $427.49 in my goldbox today. So this isn't really a deal at all simply due to Amazon giving random deals to everyone in their goldbox. It's a deal for you, but not for the forums members really. Thanks for trying though!

dang i got some treadmill in my goldbox, i'm quite offended...what are they trying to say, i'd prolly take the PS3 if I had a chance

[quote name='timmylamb']dang i got some treadmill in my goldbox, i'm quite offended...what are they trying to say, i'd prolly take the PS3 if I had a chance[/QUOTE]

That's the upper gold box...scroll down you page to see what ten items are in your own personal gold box...everyone gets the two deals at the top of the page...

I think it is safe to say, if you can't link to it, its not a deal (for everyone at least).

Thanks for the heads up. Good to hear they're sticking Playstation 3's in there now.

Has anyone figure out how to trigger an 80GB version? I've got one in my cart, and would buy one if I can get some kind of deal in the next few days.

for those of you who have got an Elite in their gold box, have you purchased 360 games or other game systems from Amazon? I've tried placing the Elite in my cart but so far have not triggered a Gold Box deal on it yet.

[quote name='jmf243']for those of you who have got an Elite in their gold box, have you purchased 360 games or other game systems from Amazon? I've tried placing the Elite in my cart but so far have not triggered a Gold Box deal on it yet.[/quote]

Try clicking "add to cart" directly from the Gold Box.

[quote name='loserboy']That's the upper gold box...scroll down you page to see what ten items are in your own personal gold box...everyone gets the two deals at the top of the page...[/QUOTE]

well shoot, slap me silly and call me stupid, thanks I checked the bottom of the page I had 1 single gold box item, some stupid recipe book for tortillas...even though i've bought games and tons of other stuff along with the stupid tortilla maker a while back i have a single gold box offer, thats weird haha still no ps3 offer though

Has anyone noticed a trend as to what you have purchased in the past that made the 360 Elite or PS3 show up as one of your gold box deals?

[quote name='jmf243']Has anyone noticed a trend as to what you have purchased in the past that made the 360 Elite or PS3 show up as one of your gold box deals?[/quote]

look at them a lot and purchase items based around the same category. Your "Quick Picks" are based off your browsing/purchasing habits. If you look at and purchase some cookery, you get offered recipe books and cooking utensils, if you purchase a lot of games pc games, you'll see random PC games popping up, etc etc...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I don't see any gold box items other than at the top of the home page, which is the treadmill.[/quote]

Pretty sure you have to of made at least one purchase with the account to activate it. If you have then idk.

its way at the bottom of the page where it says quick picks or something, its weird i made tons and tons of purchases on amazon i had 1 book and then later in the day 1 action figure, my friend who has made no purchases had like 7 different items, tools books and other random stuff...how they figure this stuff out is beyond me

I wish that Amazon would give me something decent in my Gold Box for once :cry:

Only thing I get is crap HD-DVDs, Blu-Rays and Jim Norton crap (so glad I ordered his book for my Dad as a gift :whistle2:#)

goldboxsuckscs1.jpg

For what it's worth, I was just offered a Playstation *2* in my Gold box. That's...getting closer I guess.

Come on 80GB Playstation 3!

bread's done
Back