Golden Sun DS confirmed, 2010 release!

SL4IN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
goldensun.jpg

Details are incredibly slim right now, but it was confirmed this morning at Nintendo's E3 press conference that the fantastic Golden Sun series will continue on the DS with its next incarnation in 2010. I'll update the OP as more information becomes available.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Reggie made it sound like he was going to announce Earthbound/Mother.

I hate you all.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, thank christ I ran for a bathroom break while he was announcing this. I think I would have killed myself if I saw that. Thankfully I came back in the room just when they were ending the trailer for it so I didn't see that.

I just jizzed myself. Golden Sun 1 was the primarily reason I purchased by first GBA. Love those little Djinn!

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']1 year bump.

We're almost certain to get new info about this during e3, I mean, c'mon! :([/QUOTE]

that's awesome, and 2010? I don't know, it's like saying zelda 2010... it's not gonna happen :(

fuck. I actually pre-ordered Golden Sun at Gamestop. They had a 1st quarter 2010 release date (March?). I need to go back and get my $5 store credit back.

I pre-ordered Golden Sun DS earlier this year and they said November to me. The employees don't know what they speak of. I all ready took my $5 back from them ages ago.

Anyhow, definitely on my Christmas list is this. Here's hoping it does indeed hit us this year. Have the faith!

So, theory time. What do you think will get done with The Lost Age completed save data?

Well looks like I will be getting my first DS game in years. Now I will just have to find that damn DS and the charger for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjKrdhms3OY

Golden Sun Dark Dawn, this holiday. :D

The touch screen Move Psynergy makes me a little wary that they may implement other DS functions for things such as the Whirlwind Psynergy; Perhaps making us blow into our microphones every time we may need to use it.

Anyhow, that is simply one theory. Things are looking rather nice in 3D, I can't wait to get a real feel for the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
woot woot so happy to hear about the release date. graphics looks pretty good, cell shaded?

It's too bad the DS sequel isn't using beautiful hand drawn sprites like its possessors.

I really hope Calelot will allow us to do something with our Lost Age cleared game files we made back in 2004.

I doubt they will, but one can dream.

Less than two weeks til release...anyone preordered it yet? I'm trying to see if Amazon will throw out a $10 coupon, but that's looking less and less likely.

I'm gonna need a serious refresher on the first two games though, I really can't remember much of what happened other than (very vaguely) the ending of TLA.

I preordered at gamestop. : ) That way I can pick it up afterschool. I'll probably take a couple of "sick days" off to play. hehe

[quote name='Dendaman']Less than two weeks til release...anyone preordered it yet? I'm trying to see if Amazon will throw out a $10 coupon, but that's looking less and less likely.

I'm gonna need a serious refresher on the first two games though, I really can't remember much of what happened other than (very vaguely) the ending of TLA.[/QUOTE]
Amazon waited down $ 10, would have to wait half years:))

looking forward to this too
week 1 pick up for me
K-mart Looks like the best deal with a $15 gift card.
But may go to Gamestop since its on the way to the gym.

With all of the commercials I've seen for this game, you'd think Nintendo was expecting this to sell poorly. Then again, I don't really see commercials for games that sell badly. Either the commercials do result in more sales, or they only advertise games they know will do well.

I'm going to pick this up tonight. Hopefully. It is Kmart afterall.

Update: *runs head first towards a brick wall at full speed* Kmart sucks.

Here's the Scored: Gamespot 7.5, IGN 7.5, 1UP B, Nintendoworld Report $7.5, Gametrailers 8.5, Nintendo Life 8, Digital Chumps 8.2, Gamer Node 4, Game Revolution B and USER SCORED 9.2.

I waits till it drop or on sale for $20-ish or less ;)

got it last monday ..played it around an hour ( massive backlog keeps me from playing more)

game seems VERY VERY EASY

picked it up off best buy for 26.75 after tax after matching the 10 off kmart ad

haven't really had time to dog into it yet.
Starts to slow and has hand holding too much.
But the magic and djinn's seem fun

I'll wait for a drop on this since I haven't finished Golden Sun 2 on the GBA yet. I started a long time ago and don't really remember the story, might have to watch some youtube videos to recap.

bread's done
Back