Golden Sun DS confirmed, 2010 release!

After the first hour it picks up and becomes fun.
The training thing is fun and looking for djinns is cool.
Really starting to get into it.

Also i love that PP recharges slowly overtime without items. So i can use magic all i want sometimes.

I still haven't picked this up and I am a bit worried about early impressions stating it is a cake walk. Does it become a bit more challenging as the game progresses? Does the story become interesting? Are the characters memorable?

This game is REALLY HARD to get into. I loved Golden Sun and TLA, but the story so far in this game...is JUST SO STUPID. ARGH.

i played a lil last nite
the main problem is the flow of the game

but since i paid $32 im trying to get my moneys worth.
Will probably be put to the side when Ghost trick and kingdom hearts come out

[quote name='KingBroly']This game is REALLY HARD to get into. I loved Golden Sun and TLA, but the story so far in this game...is JUST SO STUPID. ARGH.[/QUOTE]

That sucks to hear. I kind of wanted to get this since I really enjoyed the first golden sun.

I beat it a few days ago. Been playing it on and off. Beat all the optional bosses minus the last guy, didn't really have the oomph to kill him

Starting playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn a couple days ago. I described it to a friend as Fisher Price My First RPG. It seems a bit dumbed down. I'm not really getting into it. If it doesn't pick up in too much longer, it's going off to trade somewhere.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Starting playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn a couple days ago. I described it to a friend as Fisher Price My First RPG. It seems a bit dumbed down. I'm not really getting into it. If it doesn't pick up in too much longer, it's going off to trade somewhere.[/QUOTE]

It's an okay RPG. It does get a little more serious and darker down the road but the overall tale isn't anything mind-blowing. One would enjoy this game more if the previous two Golden Sun installments got played thru already so to have a nice sense of familiarity and see its history further enriched. I was kind of surprised how long this game took me to finish but I did take my time finding all of the Djinns, summon spells and somesuch but they're just something extra for completists.

Am I the only one that finds the emoticon system sophmoric? It's really distracting how during all scenes involving conversations between characters that these little emoticons keep popping up over their heads. And the choices you can make to respond seem to give flawed reactions. Really disliking it. I shouldn't feel like I'm doing something wrong just by answering a question.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Am I the only one that finds the emoticon system sophmoric? It's really distracting how during all scenes involving conversations between characters that these little emoticons keep popping up over their heads. And the choices you can make to respond seem to give flawed reactions. Really disliking it. I shouldn't feel like I'm doing something wrong just by answering a question.[/QUOTE]

I did find that system unnecessary but for the heck of it, I chose the angry emoticon every time cuz I get turned on by Karis's scoldings... ;)

Well, it sounds like you're not having fun with the game so perhaps you should just stop and put it up on the trading block and play something enjoyable instead. No need for self-torture. :)

Lol, way ahead of you, Batcave. I recall enjoying the original Golden Sun okay, but I can't get into this DS iteration. I started playing Fossil Fighters this morning and am liking it far more.

bread's done
Back