Google Checkout $10 off $10 New Customers Only

Ghaleon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Google Checkout is back with a $10 off $10 at participating merchants for New Customers only. Sign up for Google Checkout by 2/15 to apply this discount, which ends 3/31.

*** Don't forget about the EA titles dropping tomorrow in price!!

Vendors offering these deals: http://www.google.com/checkout/signupwelcome.html

Deals thus far:
Looks like you could get the following:
PS2
kingdom hearts 2 for $23
Radiata Stores for $14
La Pucelle Tactics $14
Star Ocean Till The End of Time $14
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King $14

X360:
Nighty Nine Nights $19
Burnout Revenge $23

Wii:
DEAD!! Mario Party 8 $25 Shipped from http://www.toysrus.com

Following deals added by Hopeunknown.
CDUniverse.com

CDUniverse deals w/$10 off $10 GC

3.34 (no tax + 2.99 shipping included)

Grand Theft Auto III

6.98 (no tax+2.99 shipping included)

Gun

8.73 (no tax + 2.99 shipping included)

Final Fantasy X-2

8.94 (no tax+2.99 shipping included)
PSX:
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Chrono Cross

9.18 (no tax+2.99 shipping included)

Tao's Adventure

Killer7

10.28(no tax+shipping included)

Chibi Robo

12.73 (no tax + 2.99 shipping included)

Sonic Rush
Cooking Mama
Megaman Battle Network 5
Lunar; Dragon Song
Break 'Em All!
Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects

Super Mario Advance 2
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
LoZ: Link to the Past
Mario Golf
Mario Pinball Land
Sonic Advance 3
Naruto: Ninja Council

Animal Crossing
RE 4
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Starfox Assault
Super Monkey Ball 2
Lego Star Wars
Sonic Gems
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Mega Collection
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja
Pikmin 2

RE4
Dragon Quest VIII
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Sega Genesis Collection
Ace Combat 5
Kingdom Hearts
Lego Star Wars
Shadow of the Collosus
God of War
Karoake Revolution Party
Star Wars Battlefront II
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland!
Star Ocean: Until the End of Time
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Radiata Stories
NFL Head Coach
Destroy all Humans!
Devil May Cry 3
Megaman X Collection

PSX:
Final Fantasy IX

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Gradius Collection
Me and My Katamari

Anyone know how good dvdplanet is with items on Backorder? I ordered the Evil Dead 1 & 2 set along with Dawn of the Dead 4 disc edition a few days ago, and Evil Dead is Temp. Sold Out. I really hope they get it back in stock, because I've checked on other sites and ED 1@2 is like $60...my whole order was only $27.

[quote name='mikkymuffins']CD Universe has a 2-pack of wireless Gamecube controllers for $10.xx shipped after GCO[/quote]

Got them today!!! thanks dude!

looks like the $10 GCO bonus is still alive. now if you sign up between feb 16 and march 31, the bonus will expire april 30.

How many accounts have you guys made?

I've just made a third account and ordered with it and am now worried they're gonna crack down on me or something (even if they don't though, I'm not making any more accounts, that was the last)

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']How many accounts have you guys made?

I've just made a third account and ordered with it and am now worried they're gonna crack down on me or something (even if they don't though, I'm not making any more accounts, that was the last)[/quote]

So, the flag is for similar credit cards, not for address?

How long is it reccomended to wait before making another order? 24 hours, one week? Perhaps a better question is, what's the fastest someone has made 2 orders with 2 different accounts using the same CC?

I just got Resident Evil 4 for gamecube at best prices for $13 after. (pending shipping confermation). Some other items have cought my eye, and I don't want to get "the e-mail". :cool:

Be careful with doing multiple orders at CD Universe.

I used different account numbers on 3 orders last week there and the orders went thru, but CD Universe would not process them (they're all "in process" with emails stating they were being held "for security purposes").

My advice is to spread them out there, or just make 1 order.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Be careful with doing multiple orders at CD Universe.

I used different account numbers on 3 orders last week there and the orders went thru, but CD Universe would not process them (they're all "in process" with emails stating they were being held "for security purposes").

My advice is to spread them out there, or just make 1 order.[/quote]

Never had a problem with them and I have ordered multiple times through GCO. In fact I just ordered Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) from them for $8.18 after GCO. Guess its just YMMV.

I placed an order with DVD Empire 9 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. I e-mailed them yesterday and they haven't responded. I see no reason to use Google Checkout because I have a feeling that is part of the problem seeing as how I have ordered from DVD Empire multiple times in the past without Google Checkout and my orders always shipped on time.

I have a question when they send you the Email ofdeath that means that th CC u used is banned for getting the bonus 10 off?

[quote name='demitri911']Never had a problem with them and I have ordered multiple times through GCO. In fact I just ordered Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) from them for $8.18 after GCO. Guess its just YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Actually, folks on other boards have all reported the same thing with CDU over the last week. Count yourself lucky because they are most definitely cracking down, regardless of what cc # you are using and regardless of completing the Google checkout screens.

See if your new order actually ships, and doesn't just stay "in process," because if it does the latter, it's as good as dead. The experience most of us have been getting is being able to place the order, but it never ships, and their email updates indicate the order is being held for "security" purposes. If you email them they'll tell you they can't process any more Google orders if you've already placed one.

The good thing is that it's not retroactive so if you placed pre-orders (NOT recently) they ought to be fine.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I hope that's not what happened with my DVD Empire order especially since it was my first time GCO with them[/QUOTE]

I would think you'd be fine Yoshi. Where they seem to be cracking down is multiple orders at the same merchant. I read some people have had issues now at DVD Planet and DVD Empire, and certainly a lot of folks at CD Universe.

My recommendation is if you ARE going to place multiple orders, to space it out over a period of time.

I have been trying to spread out the orders, this is my 2nd order with a $10 bonus and I placed the last order over a month ago and used a different credit card. I just hope they are slow on the shipping

I got the dreaded email, and I've been using virtual credit card numbers, so it looks like the era of making multiple accounts is dead. I'm not sure how many I've made, but I think less than 10.

I also agree about how it sucks that Google charges your credit card before an item ships. They charged me in November for Zelda from buy.com, and the game didn't ship until late January. Without a coupon, I don't think they're really worth using.

I have used 2 accounts with the same credit card # and it has worked twice for me! I will wait a couple of weeks and order Spongebob season 4 vol 2 and a Sigur Ros album :)

[quote name='I-heart-fatwallet']I have made 60 accounts now. I usually make 4 at a time, all using virtual credit card numbers from 1 credit card. Works perfectly.[/quote]
[quote name='Trakan']5[/quote]
I am opening a big can of worms concerning morals but here it goes...

How come all of you don't have a problem with this? Even a moderator admits to "cheating / abusing" the Google deal. How come "illegal"Wal-mart returns are not accepted in this messageboard, yet it is ok to abuse Google with this deal? Are we being hypocrites?

To me this is as bad as the "illegal" wal-mart returns and in this messageboard you are not allowed to encourage this, yet the google deal is ok to abuse, I mean you can open 5 accounts and rip-off Google with $40 more than you are supposed to... :lol:

Yes, I have abused the google deal (3 purchases so far), and yes, I have done some illegal returns at Wal-mart but come on, why are we hypocrites?

Ok, start sending me the hate responses :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']I am opening a big can of worms concerning morals but here it goes...

How come all of you don't have a problem with this? Even a moderator admits to "cheating / abusing" the Google deal. How come "illegal"Wal-mart returns are not accepted in this messageboard, yet it is ok to abuse Google with this deal? Are we being hypocrites?

To me this is as bad as the "illegal" wal-mart returns and in this messageboard you are not allowed to encourage this, yet the google deal is ok to abuse, I mean you can open 5 accounts and rip-off Google with $40 more than you are supposed to... :lol:

Yes, I have abused the google deal (3 purchases so far), and yes, I have done some illegal returns at Wal-mart but come on, why are we hypocrites?

Ok, start sending me the hate responses :roll:[/quote]

Honestly, I don't think Google has a problem with people making more than one account. They've only cancelled a handful of orders. If people were doing nothing but taking advantage of this offer, there's no way Google would let the offer continue or extend it longer than originally planned like they have. I've even used the same email for two different items and got the discount both times. This is good for Google. They don't mind footing the bill if it makes their Checkout program look good.

I think it's more along the lines of a price mistake or glitch rather than fraud like the Walmart return trick. Google must have a way to implement it where it is only 1 discount a person but they aren't.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think it's more along the lines of a price mistake or glitch rather than fraud like the Walmart return trick. Google must have a way to implement it where it is only 1 discount a person but they aren't.[/quote]

How come what we are doing to Google checkout is not fraud? Read the title of this thread and it says: "Google Checkout $10 off 10 NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY"

The second time you make a purchase with the $10 off, are you a new customer? No.

There is no glitch because if you want to make a second (or third) purchase through google checkout with the SAME ACCOUNT, it will not give you the $10 off.

Apparently, Google is not able to catch all the illegal transactions but they are trying to prevent them. Some have stated that they receive an email saying that their discount will not apply to their purchases.

[quote name='Trakan']Honestly, I don't think Google has a problem with people making more than one account. They've only cancelled a handful of orders. If people were doing nothing but taking advantage of this offer, there's no way Google would let the offer continue or extend it longer than originally planned like they have. I've even used the same email for two different items and got the discount both times. This is good for Google. They don't mind footing the bill if it makes their Checkout program look good.[/quote]

Google does have a problem with the illegal transactions, otherwise they just wouldnt cancel "some" of the illegal orders. Their problem is that they are not able to cancel all of them.

I have also used the same email for two different purchases but the bottom line is that just because they allow it, does not make it right. I mean, so because wal-mart allows returns without receipt, does that make right? According to some here, that is fraud, but applying your same logic, then the wal-mart returns would be ok because "they allow them".

How can this be good to Google? They are loosing tons of $$$ which I am sure they were not expecting when they were developing their strategies for 2006-07...

I am sure Wal-mart does not mind all the illegal returns because it makes their customer service look excellent (they are not stupid, they know people cheat them all the time) Also, they re-stock the same item and sell back to another customer, so I will ask the question again, why is this illegal/ fraud and the google checkout abuse is ok?

Like I said, there's a reason they extended the promotion and kept it going. If too many were taking advantage and they were losing tons of money, it would've ended after the first week. Lots of people are using the same credit card with different accounts. They could put a stop to it if they wanted to, but they aren't.

I think google is interested in buying users at $10 an account. They are entering a market dominated by paypal and in order for vendors to start using google checkout, google needs to show that they have a sizable number of people using the system, and that accepting google checkout will drive traffoc to your site and increase sales.
I would imagine from a numbers sense, 10 accounts is 10 accounts, and it may be difficult (or even undesirable) for google to sell it's checkout system based on unique users rather than total users and sales.
Google is targeting chronic abusers for their own reasons. It may be to control costs- but I have never seen google interested in controlling costs, they waste money constantly. It may be so they can go back to their vendors and show that efforts are made to keep user numbers unique.

[quote name='Trakan']Like I said, there's a reason they extended the promotion and kept it going. If too many were taking advantage and they were losing tons of money, it would've ended after the first week. Lots of people are using the same credit card with different accounts. They could put a stop to it if they wanted to, but they aren't.[/QUOTE]
I have used the google checkout at least 5 times since the NEW CUSTOMER ONLY offer and I have never taken anything back to Walmart that I bought at another store - but to be fair - just because Google allows it doesn't mean that its not wrong. You could apply the same excuse to Walmart's return policy. Walmart contains to allow returns without a receipt (3 a year I think) and that policy is abused. But that doesn't mean its OK. I think oasisboy has a point... But this conversation should be moved to the morals thread.

EDIT: Whoops - I didn't realize the date of those "morals" postings - sorry for dragging this up again.

[quote name='CaoPi']it's hard to have morality and be a cheapass at the same time! :lol:[/quote]

Indeed I so abuse the shit out of this. :applause:

[quote name='CaoPi']it's hard to have morality and be a cheapass at the same time! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why not be an all out thief then? That way you get what you want for free.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Why not be an all out thief then? That way you get what you want for free.[/QUOTE]

A thief has to run from the law all the time, being a cheapass probably doesn't need to do that.

Has anybody recently used this deal with Buy.com? I have been trying to buy something from there for the last couple of days but all I get is "Error".

i used this GCO thing for the first time today and ordered warioware: twisted and kingdom hearts: chain of memories from cd universe for 31.42 after the $10 discount

not bad for 2 games that are hard to find new and selaed now days

i also wanted to let everyone know that they have the final fantasy I & II GBA game at cd universe for only $15. 19 and it is eligible for the GCO discount

How do you use GCO first time bonus more than once? I tried registering a new gmail account and used the same credit card number, but it didn't work.

[quote name='kingsoby1']How do you use GCO first time bonus more than once? I tried registering a new gmail account and used the same credit card number, but it didn't work.[/quote]

you can read the other post....but to sum it up, i believe you either delete the old cc info from your other account or you need to use a new cc. I usually use another card and it works

So, in order to use the same info to get the $10 again you have to have a diff. credit card? I tried registering again w/ the same card as the first order but It wouldn't let me. I have another gmail account so I just signed in with that one and it lets me use the same credit card w/ $10 discount. Hope this helps anyone.

damn...tried signing up for a new account even tho i removed my CC from every account i had...i IMMEDIATELY got the e-mail from GOOGLE saying to stop making new accounts...ouchis

so has anyone got banned yet, or has anyone kept going after getting the email.

I got the email in late jan/ early feb (cant remember) and theres some stuff I want to pick up.

[quote name='abhinav']I am bumping this thread as a heads up as this google checkout deal is going to expire on the 31st.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Guess I should get SOMETHING... not sure what though.

I think they're cracking down. I had used my parents name/credit card to make a new account. When I tried a second one recently, my order was canceled and I got the "email."

It looks like the offer is getting modified:

from bestprices.com
$10 off your $30 Order! From now until March 30th, 2007 Bestprices.com and Google are happy to offer a $10 discount to a $30 or greater order. To take advantage of this offer, place an order for more than $30 and use the Google Checkout option through March 30, 2007. Limit two coupon redemptions per buyer.

and cduniverse.com

Promotion ends by 12 AM EST(US) on April 9, 2007.
Must be on purchases made by April 8 11:59 PM EST(US).
Items are not eligible for resale.
Minimum $30 purchase not including taxes and shipping.
Limit two per person.
Discount only applicable on music, movie or game product.
Not valid towards the purchase of Gift Certificates.
Offer redeemable only for customers in the United States.
Only available on orders placed using the Google Checkout.
Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

edit: actually this deserves its own thread

bread's done
Back