Google Play $0.25 Sale (Wikified) - 5 Days

asheskitty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Google Play is having a $0.25 sale for 5 days to celebrate 25 billion app downloads. [Full List Page]

Everything is $0.25 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday's Games:
Sunday's Apps:

Expired sale apps:

Want to buy an app but it isn't support by your current device or you don't have one yet? Click here

25 Albums that Changed the World -- $3.99-$5.99
25 Modern Classics (Books) -- $0.99
25 Movies -- $2.99-$9.99
25 Magazines -- $1.99/issue

Other Notables:

Special thanks to Computersnacks and wiki contributors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']Amazon Pricematched these also....for those with a Kindle Fire.[/QUOTE]

Though Angry Birds is not the Kindle-compatible version, that's still $2.99

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone buy that Symphony of Eternity? Looks like it could be 25 cents worth of fun, but looking for a review.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up, played about 15 minutes. Galaxy Nexus. Runs amazingly - great sprite graphics, intuitive interface for combat, 3 different control option sets.

Haven't gotten much into the storyline yet, but it looks interesting enough. Dialogue is kinda... cheesy at points, but it's fun and acceptable and not something I'm too turned off by.

It definitely looks like a class act for $.25, especially if you're a fan of older JPGs.

[quote name='INCyr']I picked it up, played about 15 minutes. Galaxy Nexus. Runs amazingly - great sprite graphics, intuitive interface for combat, 3 different control option sets.

Haven't gotten much into the storyline yet, but it looks interesting enough. Dialogue is kinda... cheesy at points, but it's fun and acceptable and not something I'm too turned off by.

It definitely looks like a class act for $.25, especially if you're a fan of older JPGs.[/QUOTE]
Sold. Ended up buying it. I mean for 25 cents, can't beat that.

Can't find granny Smith anywhere on the Amazon store. Prefer to buy my stuff off there so it can be shared between all my devices at home

Or world of goo

Anybody know if Fifa 12 is multiplayer? Great for .25 seems like...

NFL kicker was a great buy at .25. very addicting.

PS. My bank doesn't like this many downloads lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone buy that Symphony of Eternity? Looks like it could be 25 cents worth of fun, but looking for a review.[/QUOTE]
I did and I think it's an excellent 2D Final Fantasy style game. The animations are pretty low grade but the music is great, the story is great (really solid translation) and in general it just felt like I'm being taken back to the 90's.

I would definitely recommend it, I've put a couple of hours into it.

EDIT: whoops, I'm late.

Dang! Already bought dungeon village at 8x the price on the iPhone. :/

And yes seconding the recommendation for Granny Smith... Been addicted to it since I bough tit last night.

[quote name='louiedog']New app prices look to be live. So far I see the following.

World of Goo
Paper Camera
SketchBook Mobile
doubleTwist Alarm Clock
Color & Draw for Kids
FIFA 12
Mini Motor Racing
Dungeon Village
Shark Dash
Cut the Rope Experiments
Flick Nations Rugby

And there's your Kairosoft game.[/QUOTE]

Now I HAVE to buy World of Goo... AGAIN... :lol:
I'm in CDT and I do not see the prices live yet, at the play.google.com site or via the Google Play store on my Nexus. Anyone else confirm/deny that?
(EDIT) I do see the pricing when I click the links above, just not when you click on the promotional banner.

[quote name='samejgink']Now I HAVE to buy World of Goo... AGAIN... :lol:
I'm in CDT and I do not see the prices live yet, at the play.google.com site or via the Google Play store on my Nexus. Anyone else confirm/deny that?
(EDIT) I do see the pricing when I click the links above, just not when you click on the promotional banner.[/QUOTE]

I found those prices by browsing through the top paid apps on the web and looking at another forum. The sale section for today isn't live yet and that list may not be complete.

[quote name='louiedog']The sale page has updated so I'll update the OP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for updating, and thanks for keeping the previous items as well, they're currently still $.25, not sure for how long.

I love these sales. Picked up Dungeon Town because I enjoyed Game Dev Story so much. Started playing it and have pretty much written off the rest of today as a result.

A question for someone who is a moron. Can I buy a google play app like Dungeon Village and play it on my iPhone?

[quote name='Buzzman']A question for someone who is a moron. Can I buy a google play app like Dungeon Village and play it on my iPhone?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Man, that'd be awesome. Although I'd rather it the other way around, so I can play all the games I bought for my iPhone years ago.

Yeah, no, you need an android phone. And frustratingly enough, you need an android phone NOW, as you have to have a valid device to purchase things. The one problem that I really see with the Android store.

Wow! Really surprised that World Of Goo runs so well on the Nook Color. Grabbed that, Angry Birds, and Cut the Rope.

Can't wait for the other games/apps.

Nice deal. Now that I finally have an Android devic (Kindle Fire HD), I can take advantage these as well as the iOS sales. I picked up most of the ones the Amazon app store price matched: OfficeSuite Pro, Cut the Rope Experiments, Fifa 12, Draw Something, and Sudoku. $1.25 total is a great deal! One thing I noticed, which was weird, is that it paid for it out of my mp3 credit. Is that normal?

Is there any way to tell what these apps are usually priced at? I'm more likely to buy an app if it's dramatically discounted. If it's only $0.75 cheaper than normal, I don't feel like I'm missing out if I pass on an app because it only mildly interests me.

[quote name='The End']Is there any way to tell what these apps are usually priced at? I'm more likely to buy an app if it's dramatically discounted. If it's only $0.75 cheaper than normal, I don't feel like I'm missing out if I pass on an app because it only mildly interests me.[/QUOTE]

Looking them up at AppBrain is pretty good for that

[quote name='louiedog']Looking them up at AppBrain is pretty good for that[/QUOTE]

Ah, very nice. Thanks Louie.

Looks like World of Goo is usually $4.99. That's enough of a savings to justify a double dip on that. Dungeon Village is usually $5.15, so I'll probably bite on that as well. The other items that I was looking at are usually around a dollar. So I'm not missing out on too much if I pass on them.

I updated the OP with a new recommendation for a game that just came out, Rayman Jungle Run for only $2.99!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h4rKk6DhDA

I'm really not too sure what else is safe to recommend since apps older than a week or so could just end up going on sale.

Also, wanted to take the time to remind everyone of the Google $0.10 sale and how they just started to repeat apps a few days into the sale, so if you miss out on an app the first go round, just check back, there's still hope to get it for cheap.

@jedimario: I'm sorry, I didn't really expect anyone to ask my opinion on any of the games. I feel asleep, but from now on, I'll try to leave some more info about games I'm purchasing from this sale. I really liked Granny Smith, I thought it was a pretty fun game.

-----

Today, I picked up:

Cut the Rope: Experiments - If you liked Cut the Rope, you'll like this game.
Dungeon Village - A must buy in my opinion, but I like Kairosoft games.
Flick Nations Rugby - I may just be ignorant, but this is NFL Kicker 13, but with a Rugby skin.
Mini Motor Racing - Fun game, was incredibly sluggish at first, but after killing the rest of my apps, it worked just fine, played great.
Shark Dash - Slingshot type gameplay reminds me of Angry Birds, but it's not bad.

World of Goo was previously offered in two separate Humble Bundle for Android.
Both Paper Camera and SketchBook Mobile were previously offered for free on the Amazon Appstore.

Hooray for dungeon village!

I already have World of Goo on stream but that is an easy recommend.

Picked up Cut the Rope: Experiments, Dungeon Village and doubletwist alarm clock (really nice alternative to androids/phone default alarm clock like Sleep Cycle that let you pick a time to go to sleep and it will tell you optimal times to wakeup or vice versa).

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']Wait. I just spent $5 on Dungeon Village today. When exactly did this went on sale?[/QUOTE]

Around 1 or 2 PM EST I think.

So... I'm planning on getting a Nexus 7 this Christmas and I have been buying these $.25 games and apps...

Just a warning: My bank blocked my card yesterday because I did a lot of $.25 transactions (fraud protection) so if you are having problems, just call your bank.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Is there any way to buy any of these apps, if you don't yet have a compatible device?[/QUOTE]

Can't you just buy them from the links in the OP?

FYI, Jetpack Joyride is no longer an Amazon App Store exclusive. It's now in the Play Store. I really like this game. It's free without ads and the in-app purchases don't feel like they're required to make the game fun. You can play all day without having to pay a dime.

[quote name='weeman43302']Can't you just buy them from the links in the OP?[/QUOTE]

Only if you have a compatible device attached to your account. If you want to buy the HD tablet version of an app for later but only have a phone that's not a supported device you cannot buy the app.

Based on some fiddling I did with the Android SDK emulator awhile ago, I think it may be possible to use that to attach a well supported device like the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Nexus to your account. I'll try and mess around with it tomorrow to see.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Shark Dash doesn't work for the touchpad apparently.[/QUOTE]Most Gameloft games won't work on the touchpad without a little trickery. If you're up to it look into workarounds online. I went the route of changing my build prop and now I can play all the Gameloft games I've gotten except Brothers in Arms which I haven't troubleshot yet. Shark Dash works fine for me. Only other game I had trouble with was Gangs of Rio (or whatever it's called). When it was on sale I wasn't allowed to download it because the device that my build prop is set to isn't allowed to run the game either.

Question:
[quote name='Larce80']can you get the app again if you buy a new phone?[/QUOTE]​

Answer:
[quote name='Lint21']You will be able to use them on any Android device you have, and on AS MANY devices as you have. They are just tied to your account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']Good lord. Dungeon Village just ate my evening. Got my 25 cents worth out of it, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. Spent the last 8 hours playing it. I should really get some sleep now. I find it funny that playing the game makes me lose more battery while charging on my Galaxy S2.

My Galaxy s2's battery is awful lately, never charges past 99% Also the Swiftkey 3 app is great, highly recommend, plus its only .99.

[quote name='asheskitty']Apparently SwiftKey 3 Keyboard is $0.99 atm, 75% off. It is one of the most popular keyboards for Android. Personally I prefer the relatively unpopular Thumb Keyboard. Added to OP.[/QUOTE]

SwiftKey 3 is incredible. It's by far the best at prediction and error correction in my opinion which makes it really fast... for two thumb use. I have relatively large hands and prefer one handed use which makes Swype my fastest and favorite keyboard. If SwifKey allowed me to swipe I'd switch immediately. I definitely recommend that people check it out while it's on sale.

bread's done
Back