Google Play $0.25 Sale (Wikified) - 5 Days

asheskitty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Google Play is having a $0.25 sale for 5 days to celebrate 25 billion app downloads. [Full List Page]

Everything is $0.25 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday's Games:
Sunday's Apps:

Expired sale apps:

Want to buy an app but it isn't support by your current device or you don't have one yet? Click here

25 Albums that Changed the World -- $3.99-$5.99
25 Modern Classics (Books) -- $0.99
25 Movies -- $2.99-$9.99
25 Magazines -- $1.99/issue

Other Notables:

Special thanks to Computersnacks and wiki contributors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']People waiting on an Amazon price match, does the Kindle Fire not accept Google Play or something? I use both places and never really felt a difference. Both allow me to download to both my Android devices (GS2 and Touchpad/CM9). I'm just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Fire doesn't let you get on Google Play without rooting it.

[quote name='shadowkast']I prefer Amazon simply because then i can also put the app on my wife's tablet and phone. We share an Amazon account but have our own google accounts[/QUOTE]

[quote name='headpiece747']Amazon Fire doesn't let you get on Google Play without rooting it.[/QUOTE]
Both very valid reasons, thanks. Like I said, was just curious because I was sure there were reasons, they just didn't occur to me.

[quote name='shadowkast']I prefer Amazon simply because then i can also put the app on my wife's tablet and phone. We share an Amazon account but have our own google accounts[/QUOTE]I did that at first, but I found that you can log into the play store with multiple accounts while only logging one account to other google apps. In other words, now my account which has all of the money purchases is now linked to my touchpad and my wife's, but only she is logged into the rest of her google apps like gmail. Best of both worlds.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I did that at first, but I found that you can log into the play store with multiple accounts while only logging one account to other google apps. In other words, now my account which has all of the money purchases is now linked to my touchpad and my wife's, but only she is logged into the rest of her google apps like gmail. Best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember this being (obviously) possible on Android 2.3. Android 4.1 has multiple account support built in, so I can use different accounts for Play, Gmail, YouTube and easily say, add an additional account to Gmail. I really appreciate this. All my android apps are tied to a separate Google account I make just for android (because I didn't want to risk compromise to my primary Google account).

Not much for me today so far...at least compared to yesterday when I bought almost all of them.

Anyone got an opinion on endomondo? I got runtastic pro the other day but havent tried it. Any reason to own both?

Anyone having issues DLing Madden? I DLed Mass Effect fine yesterday, but Madden keeps failing on the 300MB update DL. I assume it's an EA server issue.

I almost bought that Mass Effect game last week, but the price seemed too high. I got it in the sale yesterday and it doesn't even work. Just starts to load and gives a (5002?) error. Glad I only paid .25 for it. Still sucks, though.

I've seen some noise elsewhere about using http://bluestacks.com/ to to pickup games the big meanies say you can't cause your device isn't cool enough (or maybe you don't have your android yet). Apparently the Nexus 7 isn't cool enough for Cut the Rope HD -- fine, I'll just keep my $0.25.

I've also seen complaints about flaky big downloads atm.

[quote name='asheskitty']I've seen some noise elsewhere about using http://bluestacks.com/ to to pickup games the big meanies say you can't cause your device isn't cool enough (or maybe you don't have your android yet). Apparently the Nexus 7 isn't cool enough for Cut the Rope HD -- fine, I'll just keep my $0.25.

I've also seen complaints about flaky big downloads atm.[/QUOTE]

I've actually been playing around with that today to test it out. It's been really buggy for me (it is in beta) but I just came here to post about it. I've had stop services, do a reinstall, etc. Not all apps are supported, like Madden, but most are. I suppose it might be possible to edit the build.prop for anyone who really wants to dig in. Oddly, before I had to reinstall it Cut the Rope HD was compatible and Order and Chaos wasn't. Now, after the reinstall, Cut the Rope HD is no longer compatible but Order and Chaos is.

It's pretty easy, assuming it's actually is working.

1. Download it here and install it.
2. Use the search function to find a paid app. It'll open up a selection of stores that you can purchase it from. Select Google Play and then sign into your account. I recommend using an application specific password for this.
3. Buy your app through the store.

This also works for Amazon apps for those who are thinking of picking up a Kindle Fire later this year.

[quote name='AionTelos']Those be phone games, nothing for the computer :([/QUOTE]

I believe a lot of those came out for the PC years ago, but unfortunately only in Japanese. I'm not aware of any fan translations, but I never dug in too deeply when I looked.

You may want to check out this link. Apparently Game Dev Story 2 for PC in English is a thing.

[quote name='kit352']If you trust the revews and what is posted else were its full of bugs and crashes alot. For .25 ill give it a go.[/QUOTE]

Well i gave it a go and it does crash. Alot. Usually have to reboot the phone to get it back. I havent made it very far but it seems like a decent game.

[quote name='louiedog']I believe a lot of those came out for the PC years ago, but unfortunately only in Japanese. I'm not aware of any fan translations, but I never dug in too deeply when I looked.

You may want to check out this link. Apparently Game Dev Story 2 for PC in English is a thing.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I saw that bit. Was hoping for... I dono, something. I guess I'll just stick to my phone xD

Thanks anywho

broken sword, oh man, I have been wanting to buy it for a while from gog :D. if I like this game I will snag the gog version as well (heard a lot of good reviews about it, but honestly I could never finish single click based adventure!)

[quote name='david12795']do they still have plants vs zombies for android? i remember seeing it awhile ago but now its gone on the app store.[/QUOTE]

It's there. Maybe you're viewing the store on a device that's incompatible with the game?

[quote name='vic_x51']Wait So order n chaos is subscription based ? How long does the .25 purchase last for ?[/QUOTE]

According to their page.

** FREE 3-MONTH SUBSCRIPTION GRANTED at your first log in! You can then renew your allegiance for only $0.99/month, $1.99 for 3 months or $2.99 for 6 months! **
** A Wi-Fi connection and a Gameloft LIVE! account are required to play the game. **

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftMMHM&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nYW1lbG9mdC5hbmRyb2lkLkFOTVAuR2xvZnRNTUhNIl0.

[quote name='david12795']do they still have plants vs zombies for android? i remember seeing it awhile ago but now its gone on the app store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's there but they're too lazy to make it compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich and higher (4.0+). Anyone know if emulators ever go on sale? I want to get the My Boy GBA emulator but five bucks is a bit much.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How does Nova Launcher Prime compare to Apex Launcher?[/QUOTE]

They both have a lot of the same features. I've played with both and it's honestly a toss-up, although at 25 cents Nova is a really good deal. The unread notification count on apps is a nice feature to have, and the gesture based customization can be rather helpful. Prime also gives you the ability to hide apps in the app draw, as well as throw different folders in there as well.

[quote name='11440']It's there. Maybe you're viewing the store on a device that's incompatible with the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Namerson']Yeah it's there but they're too lazy to make it compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich and higher (4.0+). Anyone know if emulators ever go on sale? I want to get the My Boy GBA emulator but five bucks is a bit much.[/QUOTE]

yup, im on ICS. i dont see why they wont make it compatible with ICS....its very popular!

[quote name='jack612']man I wish horn was compatible with my Galaxy S3 :([/QUOTE]

"Hey guys - still working on Samsung chip support, sadly, no new developments . It will become available for Samsung devices in the future so we ask for your continued patience as we work to bring Horn to all of your respective devices."

http://phosphorgames.com/forums/index.php?topic=470.0

I have a S III and I'm going to use that Blue Stacks program to buy it. And if it never does then I lost a quarter. I'll live.

[quote name='Green Card200']"Hey guys - still working on Samsung chip support, sadly, no new developments . It will become available for Samsung devices in the future so we ask for your continued patience as we work to bring Horn to all of your respective devices."

http://phosphorgames.com/forums/index.php?topic=470.0

I have a S III and I'm going to use that Blue Stacks program to buy it. And if it never does then I lost a quarter. I'll live.[/QUOTE]

I have BlueStacks installed and it seems to emulate Samsung hardware. It is incompatible for me.

[quote name='louiedog']I have BlueStacks installed and it seems to emulate Samsung hardware. It is incompatible for me.[/QUOTE]

Well then there goes that idea.

Sometimes I think "Eh...I might not enjoy this game or play it much, but then I think...IT's A QUARTER!!! I lose those sometimes with no regret."

Is this the final day of the sale or are there going to be more days?

Using my Touchpad with CM9 (a month or so old build) and I picked up:
  • Asphalt 7: Heat - Works and plays great, I prefer touching each side of the screen to turn instead of using the accelerometer
  • Symphony of Eternia - Didn't play it much, but it does remind me of the old SNES RPGs, well worth 25 cents
  • ZombieSmash - Sadly this does not work well on the touchpad. The zombies show up, but I cannot flick/smash them. I need to aim at the shadows which actually lag behind the zombies themselves. Oh well, hopefully when I get an actual android device it'll work.
  • The Dark Knight Rises - No idea how this performs on the touchpad, but for 25 cents I'll take the risk based on what I've heard
  • Nova Launcher Prime - I use the free Apex launcher right now, but for 25 cents I'll give this one a go.
  • Guns'n'Glory WW2 Premium - I am a tower defense junkie and this one seems somewhat unique and good
  • Great Big War Game - Also a big RTS/Tactics fan, so again for 25 cents why the hell not.

What is the difference between Great Little War Game and Great BIG Little War Game? Is the latter just a tablet version? Because I already own the former.

*Edit: Oh and I've got 7 different Android devices attached to my account and Horn is compatible with none of them. #$%@! Zynga.

[quote name='Greyghost']What is the difference between Great Little War Game and Great BIG Little War Game? Is the latter just a tablet version? Because I already own the former.

*Edit: Oh and I've got 7 different Android devices attached to my account and Horn is compatible with none of them. #$%@! Zynga.[/QUOTE]

Great Big War Game is the sequel to Great Little War Game.

Horn doesn't work on the touchpad apparently, oh well. Looked pretty cool. Play store was acting up today. Would still show yesterdays deals even after restarting/reconnecting. So I just did a manual search for the ones I wanted.

I think I'm going to change the build.prop on my Touchpad and buy Horn in the hopes that it will be compatible with either the Touchpad or my S3 someday.

Edit: changed my Touchpad's build.prop to look like a Nexus 7 and I'm downloading this now.

Finally in for Great Big War Game (hoping it has an Advanced Wars feel) and Pool Break Pro, been a long time since I have played a few rounds of 9-ball

Horn also isnt supported on my device... I have an Xperia Play r800i

Glad I held off on Nova. Picked up a few things. I should have checked this thread when it first came up. I think it should have also been put in the android forum. Did not know they were doing this as long as they have. How long are they going to keep doing this.

bread's done
Back