Got shut down on the EB/TRU deal, seeking answers and help

AdamInPlaidum

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So I went to TRU, bought 10 copies of Primal for $1.50 each, and headed over to the adjacent EBGames. Inside, I was told I could only trade in 2 copies, which didn't seem right to me, but there was another EBGames on my way home where I go more regularly. so I just agreed and left. So I go to the other EBGames, and the sales associate informs me that he will accept all of the copies, but he can only scan them in one at a time. I tried to reason with him a bit, telling him they took two at a time at the other EB, I'd seen other people trade more of the same game several times, and noting to him that if this extra $10 deal wasn't going on, I didn't think he would have a problem, but to no avail. Is this guy just dicking me, or is this truly EBGames' policy? And if so, is there anything I can do about my remaining 8 copies of Primal?

Thanks.

[quote name='Trakan']I was only able to trade in 2 at a time at my EB.[/quote]

See, that's what I thought. What didn't help was this guy was a total dick, one I had overheard talking about cheap bastards like myself nearly every tim ei walked in the store.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Take 'em to a Blockbuster or FYE, you'll get $10 a piece for them.[/quote]

Will Blockbuster/Gamerush accept all 8?

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Not even checking the front page for current threads, eh?

Old News[/quote]

I read through that thread, and if you had, and read mine, you would know they deal with different issues. If it had been the same thing, Trakan would have locked it instead of helping me out.

I think you're asking for trouble if you're trying to trade in more than two copies of a game at any one time. It's like you're screaming "I'm taking advantage of the system," and some EB managers don't like this. It's much easier to just take two copies of a particular game in per visit to lower the chances of drawing unwanted attention to yourself and getting odd questions on where your trade-ins are coming from.

Looks like I will be trading them in at Gamerush. They give $5 each, and take 3 at a time. Also, they aren't rude bastards. :)

I will be trading in one at EB, though, coupled with the OoT/MQ disc that apparently gets like $17.

yep its eb's policy no more then 2 of the same title in one transaction, but it can be done helps to have your best friend work there. Trust me he just being a dick but it is policy.

[quote name='MrFriday18']yep its eb's policy no more then 2 of the same title in one transaction, but it can be done helps to have your best friend work there. Trust me he just being a dick but it is policy.[/quote]

If it had been 2 in the same transaction I would have had no complaints. He wanted to scan them one at a time to keep me from getting the $10.

[quote name='punqsux']hahaha, you actully tryed to trade in 10 copies of the same game?! youve got balls...no tact...but balls[/quote]

Hes truely a master of his own destiny.

I try to pair two unlike games together. I think some stores don't want doubles in the same transaction.

But yesterday I dropped 4 same Jampacks at a distant EB (since it was an hour away, I didn't care if I got snubbed). Plus, I just had the JPs with me (fresh from a TRU there.)

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Take 'em to a Blockbuster or FYE, you'll get $10 a piece for them.[/quote]

Will Blockbuster/Gamerush accept all 8?[/quote]

No, you can only trade in 2 of the same title per store. I've been denied when trying to trade in a third R-Racing Evolution at one store. They track it in their computer since you need an account to trade with them. But it's per store. So it's no problem, just go to another Blockbuster, it doesn't even have to be a gamerush just get the credit on a card and go use it at gamerush.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']one I had overheard talking about cheap bastards like myself nearly every tim ei walked in the store.[/quote]

that's a compliment in my book

[quote name='shrike4242']Another addition to the "cag1000 rule"/"slidecage rule". :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

You have been added to the SC1000 database and are currently being tracked by participating retailers.

bread's done
Back