Got the new maps?

Azul_KoolAid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My EB just told me that they're not going to have them til tomorrow and I already preordered it (I had store credit to use up) so I probably won't be dling or finding another place to get it.

Ugh... I've already got the Map Pack paid for. I can't justify spending 24 bucks to download them on two Xboxes. Looks like no stores in the area are getting it in today, either. Ugh... it's gonna be a looong day.

Dunno, This is only the second disk that's been released just for bouns content and the first one being released by a publisher. The other one was the DOA disk that came out in the Xbox mag. So, this is a new ground and there's no telling how add on disk will be treated at EB,GS, ect. Best thing you can do is call EB and talk to the manager/ They should have an idea how they're going treat them.

[quote name='rywateska']Anyone thinks that theres a chance I'd be able to find one used at an EB two weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, GameStop will be taking the disc for trade-ins. So you should be able to find a used copy somewhere.

fuck it, I'm downloading them right now...I'm weak.

I'm like a crack addict, I resisited DLing them for a few hours but I eventually broke down. Good thing though, the random spurts of shaking wildly on the floor and hallucinations were already beginning.

I heard that bungie doesn't really care about making a ton of money on this and they want people do share the disk with their friends.

[quote name='cronnos']I'm apparently getting the maps after all, so I'll be back to Halo 2 tonight. Hope they are worth the download...[/QUOTE]

Yea im not too sure.....Ummm there OK I guess but its prolly time to hang up Halo for good soon.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea im not too sure.....Ummm there OK I guess but its prolly time to hang up Halo for good soon.[/QUOTE]

BLASPHEMY!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Like I said in another topic, this is Bungie's brilliant marketing ploy in which they make two times more than they originally would have if they released the disc the same day they released the download option (like they said they would).

People who already pre-ordered / pre-paid the disc will download the maps today and pick up the disc tomorrow.

I pre-paid for the disc, so I'm waiting 'til tomorrow. fucking bullshit.

I want the disc for collector purposes... and my O.C.D.

I don't think I'll be getting the maps. I just can't see paying those prices for a few maps. I'll just wait until they are available for free. :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea im not too sure.....Ummm there OK I guess but its prolly time to hang up Halo for good soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its been slowly approaching for me as well. Unless the number of cheaters decreases drastically, I don't foresee myself playing Halo 2 past August.

so these maps are pretty damn good.

Terminal - Great map for objectives id assume, we havent tried, so not too sure
Backwash - Decent map, the darkness is cool for some FFA stuff
Gemini - I dont really like the map for slayer, but its a great map for some rapid assault
Elongation - Its not bad for multiflag or classic CTF, i dont like it too much
Relic - Great 1 Flag CTF map, probably good for assault too, too open for slayer though

those are just what i think of these maps, but well worth the $12/$15/$20

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think I'll be getting the maps. I just can't see paying those prices for a few maps. I'll just wait until they are available for free. :)[/QUOTE]

You may be missing out on quite a few practices over the next few weeks. But its your money and your call. As of now, I don't think the maps are worth it, but thats just my initial perspective. Maybe playing them some more tonight or tomorrow and in matchmaking will change that. So far, just from my little time on each, I think Relic is the coolest.

After a two week vacation from the clan and Halo 2 altogether, I can say I could live without it, but that's only because in that time I finished God of War, Kirby DS, and I'm half done with Atelier Iris. I almost renewed my FFXI suscription, but that would've meant I probably wasn't coming back. Anyways, I do miss it, but I need to get into it again... I'm sure tha maps will do it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']You may be missing out on quite a few practices over the next few weeks. But its your money and your call. As of now, I don't think the maps are worth it, but thats just my initial perspective. Maybe playing them some more tonight or tomorrow and in matchmaking will change that. So far, just from my little time on each, I think Relic is the coolest.[/QUOTE]

That kinda sucks that I won't be able to practice with you all. If there was a way to get these maps pretty cheap, I would bite. Forgive me if this is something I shouldn't talk about, but if a friend of mine gets the disc, would I be able to copy the maps to my Xbox as well from his copy? Maybe if I went halves on a copy, it wouldn't be that bad.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Forgive me if this is something I shouldn't talk about, but if a friend of mine gets the disc, would I be able to copy the maps to my Xbox as well from his copy? Maybe if I went halves on a copy, it wouldn't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You can.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']That kinda sucks that I won't be able to practice with you all. If there was a way to get these maps pretty cheap, I would bite. Forgive me if this is something I shouldn't talk about, but if a friend of mine gets the disc, would I be able to copy the maps to my Xbox as well from his copy? Maybe if I went halves on a copy, it wouldn't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

There should be no problem with you doing that.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']That kinda sucks that I won't be able to practice with you all. If there was a way to get these maps pretty cheap, I would bite. Forgive me if this is something I shouldn't talk about, but if a friend of mine gets the disc, would I be able to copy the maps to my Xbox as well from his copy? Maybe if I went halves on a copy, it wouldn't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

Most likely, you'd be able to do that. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but it'd only save you around a dollar or so after taxes. But its your call. Good luck with that though.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Most likely, you'd be able to do that. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but it'd only save you around a dollar or so after taxes. But its your call. Good luck with that though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just thought about that. Does anyone know when the maps will be free?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, I just thought about that. Does anyone know when the maps will be free?[/QUOTE]August 30th is what I heard.

Sorry I can't play you guys today. I'm trying to wait until my GameRush gets it so I can buy it and then let a few of my friends get them for free. Hopefully I can go in a few days.

I got the new maps.... Beams and Snipes on Backwash = Awesome!
Rapid Assualt on Gemini = Aweseome! One Flag CTF on Relic = Awesome!
CTF Classic on Elongation = Awesome! Terminal.....its big... = Yeah...?....?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Most likely, you'd be able to do that. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but it'd only save you around a dollar or so after taxes. But its your call. Good luck with that though.[/QUOTE]
Circuit City has it for $15. I'm sure game shops are going be full of used copies in less than a week.

[quote name='zewone']I got the new maps.... Beams and Snipes on Backwash = Awesome!
Rapid Assualt on Gemini = Aweseome! One Flag CTF on Relic = Awesome!
CTF Classic on Elongation = Awesome! Terminal.....its big... = Yeah...?....?[/QUOTE]

Whats up with the Wraith on Terminal. Its in a spot that seems impossible to get it out of without some luck.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Whats up with the Wraith on Terminal. Its in a spot that seems impossible to get it out of without some luck.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's meant to leave that area. From what I've seen in the vids, that's the only area it could fit into anyways.

[quote name='Ledhed']I don't think it's meant to leave that area. From what I've seen in the vids, that's the only area it could fit into anyways.[/QUOTE]

You can take that thing anywhere, just this one way you can jump across the train tracks, unless you plan it right. But you can take it anywhere, or almost, if your 2 wing things are broken a bit, if they arent, youre limited, but not as limited as you would think. You just cant go to any higher ground, but you can take it all the way to the offensive base

You gotta figure I think they said about 500,000 people are regularly playing Halo2, now if half actually pay and download at $12, thats a cool $3 Million..... and thats just for 5 f*cking MAPS!

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']You gotta figure I think they said about 500,000 people are regularly playing Halo2, now if half actually pay and download at $12, thats a cool $3 Million..... and thats just for 5 f*cking MAPS![/QUOTE]

Yep, and a lot of us fell for it...

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']You gotta figure I think they said about 500,000 people are regularly playing Halo2, now if half actually pay and download at $12, thats a cool $3 Million..... and thats just for 5 f*cking MAPS![/QUOTE]

And lets just say half of those who paid $12 were planning on getting the discs. Thats another $2.5 million, so if these are close, they're looking at $1.1 million per each map released. Scary thought for just 5 maps.

Still though, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall revenue Halo 2 has generated. And that's just from the sale of the game itself. Nevermind the fact that the number of Xbox Live subscriptions quite literally doubled after it's release.

It's dizzying to think of how much this one single property is really worth.

Well i'm off of Live until late August, but from what i've heard from people is that the disc and maps really aren't that great. For 20$....that's a little bit of a stretch.

[quote name='shrike4242']I wonder how much money Halo 2 alone put back into Microsoft's coffers to cover their purchase of Bungie, after covering the development and production costs of Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

From what I recall, the purchase of Bungie wasn't that hefty of an investment. I'd imagine it's gone to great lengths in recovering their Rare acquisition costs though. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed']From what I recall, the purchase of Bungie wasn't that hefty of an investment. I'd imagine it's gone to great lengths in recovering their Rare acquisition costs though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what exactly has Rare actually gotten on shelves since being bought out. All I can think of is Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Conker. Anything else?

Sure Bungie only has 2 titles out for Xbox, but they just happen to be 2 of the top sellers for the system.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, it's a little game called Perfect Dark Zero. Seen it yet? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually, I haven't. I couldn't see straight after laughing myself into hysterics at the thought of 50+ player FPS gaming on a console.

It really was that funny.

[quote name='Ledhed']Actually, I haven't. I couldn't see straight after laughing myself into hysterics at the thought of 50+ player FPS gaming on a console.

It really was that funny.[/QUOTE]
You're an idiot. PDZ, just like Animal Crossing, is gonna be sick.

[quote name='zewone']You're an idiot. PDZ, just like Animal Crossing, is gonna be sick.[/QUOTE]

Quit sayin shit like this until you're ready to put money on the line. Real life money, not this CAG vBookie bullshit.

Perfect Dark Zero is not The Shit, it is shit, a big steaming pile of shit.

[quote name='ph33r m3']How can you compare Animal Crossing to PDZ?[/QUOTE]

Well you see, Z has said time and time again, that animal crossing is "SICK" with much emphasis on, "SICK". PDZ on the other hand is gonna be crap in a crap bucket. GR:AW is gonna be the hot fire on the 360

[quote name='ph33r m3']How can you compare Animal Crossing to PDZ?[/QUOTE]
You've been here...what? A week? I'll keep doing the inside jokes and you keep acting like you know whats going on so you don't look like you do now. 'Kay! :D

[quote name='zewone']You've been here...what? A week? I'll keep doing the inside jokes and you keep acting like you know whats going on so you don't look like you do now. 'Kay! :D[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Those of you that don't want to pay $20 for the disc - just stick it out, and you'll be able to get it for $10-15 used at EB within a week. Just think: if they put it on ebgames.com for $14.99 PO, you can use the coupon codes to get it for around $10 shipped. I can guarantee that a good many people who buy the disc will trade it in as soon as they load the maps onto their consoles. Hell, I'd sell my disc if I wasn't such a completist idiot with my collection!! :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, it's a little game called Perfect Dark Zero. Seen it yet? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have, behind closed doors at E3. I even wrote a preview about it. Like to hear it? Here it go: http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox-360/perfect-dark-zero/616586p1.html

Honestly, it looked pretty damn cool to me. It's a tiny thing, but I really like how your team's color is always green, and the enemies are always red. No more looking at your feet mid-battle to see what color you are.

And on the topic of Rare, Kameo was looking really good on Xbox 0-Degrees. I have a preview copy that I estimate will have some value in coming years. I hear it looks even better on 360, though I haven't seen it on there yet.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Perfect Dark Zero is not The Shit, it is shit, a big steaming pile of shit.[/QUOTE]

you wanna back that up jimmie? i'm all ears...

bread's done
Back