Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

CheapyD sure is committed to bashing GT 5 and the people who enjoy it at every opportunity. I'm not sure why he can't just enjoy the driving game he likes best and have fun with it without resorting to calling people who prefer GT 5 names.

[quote name='Curufinwe']CheapyD sure is committed to bashing GT 5 and the people who enjoy it at every opportunity. I'm not sure why he can't just enjoy the driving game he likes best and have fun with it without resorting to calling people who prefer GT 5 names.[/QUOTE]

man, he's just bashing now to create controversy. He was enjoying the game up until now. He's played a lot of GT5 (it seems from his level - 16) I love GT5, I think its one of the greatest racing games ever. Is it better than forza... I don't know, but I also don't care. Its a great game, and simulates racing well. I don't care about custom paint jobs. I like that "rewind" feature, but outside of that, it all boils down to the racing. After racing that Nurburgring track I have a new found respect for the art and technique of racing.

I enjoy both Forza and Gran Tursimo but Turn 10 makes a better racer while Polyphony makes a better sim.

I would absolutely adore having something akin to the Livery Editor and auction house systems of Forza in Gran Turismo and they are even awesome enough, to me, to jump-ship but not until Turn 10 gets the feel of the racing/driving up to par.

People from Turn 10 have even recently given interviews where they are outright proud of tuning the Forza feel towards fun instead of sim accuracy in so far as both the cars and the tracks whereas Polyphony rigidly adheres to the sim standard often to a fault.

Neither is perfect and fans should own both period.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']I enjoy both Forza and Gran Tursimo but Turn 10 makes a better racer while Polyphony makes a better sim.

I would absolutely adore having something akin to the Livery Editor and auction house systems of Forza in Gran Turismo and they are even awesome enough, to me, to jump-ship but not until Turn 10 gets the feel of the racing/driving up to par.

People from Turn 10 have even recently given interviews where they are outright proud of tuning the Forza feel towards fun instead of sim accuracy in so far as both the cars and the tracks whereas Polyphony rigidly adheres to the sim standard often to a fault.

Neither is perfect and fans should own both period.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

I'm a huge racing fan and thought about picking up a 360 just for Forza 4...but I love how great a sim racer GT is.

I love GT5 because it's HARD--not being able to get all gold on the special events without really pushing and multiple tries is something I enjoy. I'm sure the handling in Forza is good, but is it as realistic as GT5? I doubt it.

Is Forza a better overall racer? I don't know and I don't really care. Are the menu's and loading in GT5 cumbersome? Sure they are, but it's a small price to pay when your flying down the Nurburgring in the rain and realize you can't hit the brakes where the track is worn because it's slicker there...it's just a different level of realism, and one I can't imagine being much better, if at all, elsewhere.

The region locking is fairly normal but the account locking is perplexing in the face of the precedent set with the pre-order content. (console locked instead of account locked)

This delay is purely SCEA bullshit as even Kaz was surprised to hear the news. *shrug*

I really hope this delay isnt to add some silly bonus based on the outcome of GT Academy and the whole reason for the delay is because they cant give away the finale.

Account lock ? That's bull I use a seperate account to buy stuff than the one I play on. Now I'm really prob not bothering to buy any dlc

Turns out they've structured the DLC as a service and that's why it's account locked.

Kaz's twitter messages are just confusing to anyone with pre-order content though as PD themselves got it right the first time but now he's claiming that it's difficult and possibly not even doable.:shame:

What a mess. It has unsold me on the DLC as well.:cry:

Polyphony Digital and SCEA have now made the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model available as a free download in North America. To download the car, head to the PlayStation Store and select “Redeem Codes” in the top right corner. Next, enter the following code…

RD69-FJN9-5N6Q

Also the bonus content was announced.

We are confirming that the Gran Turismo 5 DLC update will be available to download on 10/25. We apologize for the delay in the content however as a gift to our eager fans we are offering free bonus content. For those who purchase the “Complete Pack” by November 7, we will throw in a unique GT Academy dynamic theme as well the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model. Just to be clear, both the dynamic theme and the car are free with purchase of the Complete Pack. Again we are sorry for the delay and hope that fans will enjoy all of the fantastic new content to come for GT5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitter pastery for justice

Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts; we’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

And though we looked into this, unfortunately there’s no solution for crossing multiple regions. I’m sorry, but we have to ask you to match the region of your disc and your PSN account setting.

After this December update you can purchase a second car and so on from the dealer.

Next, don’t get your hopes up too high, but PDI is also readying a X-mas present for those who’ve already bought multiple DLCs.

Good night everyone.
It ain't perfect and it's later than we'd like but at least PD listens.

Thanks for the code! I would of missed it otherwise.

"For those who purchase the “Complete Pack” by November 7, we will throw in a unique GT Academy dynamic theme as well the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model."

Man that nsx is tempting, along with some "gift" on Christmas. and the dlc being consoled locked instead of account locked is good too.

A Word of warning:

The endurance saves are glitched on Tsukuba. Both the 4hr and 9hr races. There is a high probability that if you save mid race, when you return your car will be hauling and will fly out of pit lane, cross the finish line, then use the hand brake to make a hard right and try to enter pit lane through the wall on the front stretch.

It will continuously ram the wall, back up, and ram the wall. some have said eventually it will make it through the wall, but the car will not pit. It will continually drive by itself and never pit even with no gas or tires.

You will have to start the race over again.

Thanks BH,my next run was going to be the Miatas on Tsukuba. If youre interested, I had no problems with the 1000M on Suzuka. Also, I noticed that while my daily bonus did decrease, because you don't actually log into GT when you resume the race, it does use the bonus on the day you start the race to determine the payout. IE You can start the 24hrs of LeMans with 200% and the payout will reflect it, even if you take multiple days to complete.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Thanks BH,my next run was going to be the Miatas on Tsukuba. If youre interested, I had no problems with the 1000M on Suzuka. Also, I noticed that while my daily bonus did decrease, because you don't actually log into GT when you resume the race, it does use the bonus on the day you start the race to determine the payout. IE You can start the 24hrs of LeMans with 200% and the payout will reflect it, even if you take multiple days to complete.[/QUOTE]
I put about 30 minutes into the miata race, saved, came back to it and it was all messed up.

looked online and it seems it's a common problem but only on Tsukuba. All the other tracks work fine.

Hi GT5ers

I haven't been able to play online much recently, but I have started to do some remote B-Spec races. If you'd like me to use your drivers make sure to friend me and make your drivers public.

Right now, jello4444, j-cart, and Mad39er are getting all the prize money!

PSN ID: ChizelMonkee

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Hi GT5ers

I haven't been able to play online much recently, but I have started to do some remote B-Spec races. If you'd like me to use your drivers make sure to friend me and make your drivers public.

PSN ID: ChizelMonkee[/QUOTE]
I accepted your friend request, so race my guys into the ground:D

I sent a request also. You've got 4 level 0 to have fun with, LOL. The other is a 20

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Hi GT5ers

PSN ID: ChizelMonkee[/QUOTE]

I just saw your request this evening, but I accepted. Feel free to use mine as well. Are you working on A-Spec? If you need any cars to finish up your career or seasonals, just let me know and I will share them.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I just saw your request this evening, but I accepted. Feel free to use mine as well. Are you working on A-Spec? If you need any cars to finish up your career or seasonals, just let me know and I will share them.[/QUOTE]

Been racing a lot remotely so all of you check you're drivers, you should have some cash waiting for you.

As for A-Spec, I hope to get back into it soon but with limited time plus Uncharted 3 and Rocksmith it could be a struggle for time . . . do miss GT5 though . . .

Thanks for the offer!

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Been racing a lot remotely so all of you check you're drivers, you should have some cash waiting for you.

As for A-Spec, I hope to get back into it soon but with limited time plus Uncharted 3 and Rocksmith it could be a struggle for time . . . do miss GT5 though . . .

Thanks for the offer![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Be sure to share a driver or two of your own, as I still have to get my driver to 500 races to get that trophy and can get you some cash/exp as well.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Thanks. Be sure to share a driver or two of your own, as I still have to get my driver to 500 races to get that trophy and can get you some cash/exp as well.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure remote races count towards that trophy

Depends on if it will re-use the existing game saves... If it won't pull the old saves in, that's over 1000 vehicles and ridiculous amounts of tuning that I'd be throwing away.

[quote name='smthng']Depends on if it will re-use the existing game saves... If it won't pull the old saves in, that's over 1000 vehicles and ridiculous amounts of tuning that I'd be throwing away.[/QUOTE]

It's just the vanilla game with Spec 2.0 and other updates. So it's exactly the same thing you already own, just with Spec 2.0 and updates on disc. I'm 99.9% positive we're safe in assuming our existing save files will work with it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/06/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-hits-this-month-for-39-99/

GT5 XL Edition will be out on January 17 with a voucher for all of the current DLC and Spec 2.0 so you don't need to use hard drive space for it. They also revealed the reversible cover art:

6644312229_8f0874e67d_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...onth-for-39-99/comment-page-1/#comment-677959

GT5 saves are confirmed to be compatible with XL Edition.

bread's done
Back