Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

IGN and Gamespot says it has gone gold. So has Joystiq. I have a feeling that we are closer than we think. I'm feeling really good about GT5. And then... :fridge:

Well at least the game is finally being printed. Don't have my hopes up though for it being before Christmas though.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Sony Store has updated with a Nov 30th date...[/QUOTE]

Marketing people won't be happy with less than a month to do their work. They should buy a entire night of Sportscenter just like Assassin's Creed 2 did.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']lol I am 100% sure GT5 couldnt fit on a 500mb CD-R lol[/QUOTE]

20 of those can handle the 10 GB install.;)

[quote name='SynGamer']More Leaked Copies of Gran Turismo 5 Out in the Wild

November seems to be the month...can't wait![/QUOTE]

fuck. GT5, Hot Pursuit, F1, WRC, and TDU2 coming early next year. I love driving games but this is too much.

GT5 is day one but NFS:HP and WRC will have to wait for the bargain bin while TDU2 is possible day one if there is a sweet deal.

[quote name='laaj']fuck. GT5, Hot Pursuit, F1, WRC, and TDU2 coming early next year. I love driving games but this is too much.

GT5 is day one but NFS:HP and WRC will have to wait for the bargain bin while TDU2 is possible day one if there is a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I went ahead and bit on NFS:HP since its got a $20 credit on Amazon. I then plan to use the $20 on some black friday deals or GT5, which still has a $10 credit via Amazon.

The reviews I have seen for WRC haven't been stellar, but I imagine thats just because it isnt as "extreme" as DiRT 2. Also, having recently played through Milestone's V8 Superstars, I have faith they do an accurate racing title.

Rumor has it Black Friday is the release date. Would make sense and I have a feeling they're keeping the date a secret so they can surprise holiday shoppers by having it on shelves during the busiest shopping day of the year.

Not to be a downer...but doesn't GT series significantly drop in price point pretty quick? If so I will probably play it much later, unless online play is crazily good.

[quote name='Jodou']Rumor has it Black Friday is the release date. Would make sense and I have a feeling they're keeping the date a secret so they can surprise holiday shoppers by having it on shelves during the busiest shopping day of the year.[/QUOTE]

No offense but that would be the stupidest idea ever to come out from Sony. They don't want surprises, they want sales and to have sales they need concrete release date in place prior release.
If I were Sony I would want people to camp for this game and not be like "oh it's Gran Turismo on the shelf, I'm surprised... mm ok, fine, I'll take it".. you know what I mean?

I really question Sony's business practices right now. Obviously this game is done and being shipped to retailers all over the world (well, at least Australia and Europe) so they have an idea when it will release. Why do we have to fish out shit from regular folks all over the internet? It's stupid that Sony stays mute at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the Black Ops hype/release to die down and then announce the release date.

[quote name='SynGamer']I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the Black Ops hype/release to die down and then announce the release date.[/QUOTE]
Nah, COD isn't even direct competition to GT5. I think they're going for impulse buyers on BF without the need of a sale price. It's a bold move, but it didn't work out so well for the Sega Saturn. This is all of course pure speculation on a rumor.

Black Friday will be the dumbest move ever. There is no way in hell I'll be able to grab this anywhere near sanely if that's the case. Thankfully I pre-ordered through Gamestop but I'll have to channel my inner ninja if it's not there(aka flip out and kill somebody).

On GT5 vs Forza 3/4: I predict GT5 will sell more world-wide because racing is more popular in Europe and Asia than the US. And those are the territories where PS3 has a edge over 360. I'll be interested on sales figures for US though.

Forza series is in trouble if GT5 outsells it in the US even with more 360s around here.

I have a slight passing interest in car sims and haven't owned a Gran Turismo since 2 (imported the first with a Japanese dual-shock though) and even I'm suddenly stoked and hovering over the pre-order button.

I really dug the Forza 3 demo and I know that that is the racing sim targeted at me, the casual fan, but I dunno there's just something about Gran Turismo 5 that is compelling me to purchase it. (desert island game syndrome perhaps given the extent of the content:?:)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I have a slight passing interest in car sims and haven't owned a Gran Turismo since 2 (imported the first with a Japanese dual-shock though) and even I'm suddenly stoked and hovering over the pre-order button.

I really dug the Forza 3 demo and I know that that is the racing sim targeted at me, the casual fan, but I dunno there's just something about Gran Turismo 5 that is compelling me to purchase it. (desert island game syndrome perhaps given the extent of the content:?:)[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you pull the trigger. GT and Forza have some real differences, but they are generally the type that a hardcore sim racer will notice more than your average gamer. If youre just a normal gamer, I think GT5 becomes the easy choice simply due to the variety of racing experiences you can get in one package.

I am personally excited about Karting the most. Having just spent some time with F1 2010 I am curious to give it a try and see how the Karts compare to the F1 cars. Many people may not realize this, but the majority of the professional F1 drivers actually start racing via Karting.

It's funny...

[quote name='Amazon']

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on August 12 2009. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Gran Turismo 5"
Release date: December 31 2010
Estimated arrival date: January 12 2011 - January 19 2011[/quote]

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's funny...[/QUOTE]

You'll always find a way to troll. Since I haven't received such an email yet and I also have a pre-order from Amazon I will question that massage of yours. Unless Collector's Edition falls under a different criteria.

I think they should aim for December. Anything sooner and proper word won't get out. This has to be sent to all reviewers, and they have to make a serious marketing push for this (billboards, commercials, etc..). I don't think Sony could get all of that done within the month.

Sony and Polyphony messed up big time. GT has the potential to move a lot of consoles, but with short notice a lot of people won't even realize it's finally coming out. Even for those that have been tracking it, all these delays leave a bad taste in our mouths.

bread's done
Back