Grand Theft Auto IV - First Trailer 3/29/2007

Trailer dosen't show a lot, but apparently you play as a Russian mercenary of sorts who's come to NYC where "things will be different".

The didn't show any gameplay footage at all, just cinematic stuff.

Looks really good, but only a quick look at the actual populated city, most of it is shots of buildings and such.

Saints Row spoiled me. I am unimpressed.

I am also passing judgement on the entire game based off this teaser trailer and therefore predict this game will flop and sell somewhere around 2,000 copies.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm not having any problems with it - the game looks amazing. I never thought they would be able to pull off graphics like that. I also can't believe they chose NYC and modeled Manhattan and the 5 buroughs so accurately. It also looks like you can enter just about any building and blow up tons of shit and I'm totally making all of this up because it won't load for me either.[/quote]
Post of the year. :rofl:

Edit:

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']WORKING LINK:
http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta4_trailer1_720p.wmv[/quote]
Post of the year as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Trailer dosen't show a lot, but apparently you play as a Russian mercenary of sorts who's come to NYC where "things will be different".

The didn't show any gameplay footage at all, just cinematic stuff.

Looks really good, but only a quick look at the actual populated city, most of it is shots of buildings and such.[/QUOTE]
Well thats kinda disappointing.

I was hoping that by "things will be different" they meant the gameplay wouldn't be crap anymore.

Holy shit I was right - it is NYC - or at least a facsimile of it (Liberteen maybe?). They showed the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, the Getalife Building (Met Life Building), Times Square, the GW bridge, etc. It looks pretty good - you really couldn't tell much though. The character model they showed kind of sucked - I guess the main guy is Spanish or something because of the accent...

Looks great... but not mind-blowing. Doesn't have the cartoony look Saint's Row had. The buildings reminded me a lot of screenshots I have seen of the Spiderman 3 game.

Wow that looks awesome; it's a complete and totally detailed representation of NY, complete with all the landmarks and everything; it looks incredible, it's gonna be awesome to go around and do anything in this game

[quote name='javeryh']Holy shit I was right - it is NYC - or at least a facsimile of it (Liberteen maybe?). They showed the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, the Getalife Building (Metlife Building), Times Square, the GW bridge, etc. It looks pretty good - you really couldn't tell much though. The character model they showed kind of sucked - I guess the main guy is Spanish or something because of the accent...[/QUOTE]

I am going with Russian.

But yea, honestly, I wasn't really too impressed.. it looks nice, but that trailer really didn't show much of anything at all.

I don't care how good it looks if it still plays like the shitty PS2 GTA's... they need to step up the gameplay to match the graphics now.

[quote name='alpo845']http://movies.teamxbox.com/xbox360/gta4/gta4_3291hd.wmv

downloading at 103[/quote]
1337-Fish.jpg

[quote name='javeryh']Holy shit I was right - it is NYC - or at least a facsimile of it (Liberteen maybe?). They showed the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, the Getalife Building (Met Life Building), Times Square, the GW bridge, etc. It looks pretty good - you really couldn't tell much though. The character model they showed kind of sucked - I guess the main guy is Spanish or something because of the accent...[/QUOTE]
Russian actually I believe

Does anyone else think that Take-Two will take the most amount of heat EVER for this game???

It's set in NYC, and if the main character is of Middle-Eastern descent like I think he is......seriously what were they thinking?

He could be Russian but Idk...

You notice how no consoles were mentioned. Kinda odd if you ask me.

So...you're playing....

as a former terrorist? That's weird.

The car you see going down the driveway looks like it is accurately reacting to the imperfections in the road... either a nice touch in a cinematic or an example of awesome physics....

[quote name='javeryh']I guess the main guy is Spanish or something because of the accent...[/QUOTE]

... Man, Hispanic people must sound strange where you live. The dude sounded Slavic to me.

Wow, looks amazing. Even if it sucks gameplay wise, I think driving around in the huge city (it should be huge) would make it worth it.

I paused it when you could see all of the bill boards...

They say -

"Welcome to Liberty City"
"America's Next TOP HOOKER" (lol)
Some other advertisement paradies making fun of Coke, Sprite, Burger King (like 10 patties called "The heart stopper"), A watch manufacterer and a newspaper.

He's definately Russian.

Other tidbits: ad for the movie "I slept with your mom" (lol) and an ad for some device that ends in "360" looks like a handheld organizer or something.

looks good, but not ridiculously great. It does look much like Saints Row in terms of level of visuals and I think you're ukranian like the dood in Lord of WAr :0

just glad to see the charm of the GTA Media is still there... best aspect of the game is not the game itself, but the adverts and whatnot... yay!

not too impressed, but I think it'll be good once we see what you can actually DO in the game.

[quote name='zewone']Not very impressive. Looks like a rip of Saints Row. The ironing is delicious.[/QUOTE]

OMG

[quote name='zewone']Not very impressive. Looks like a rip of Saints Row. The ironing is delicious.[/QUOTE]

Your post is mind-boggling. A rip off of Saint's Row? How....huh...what???

I'll be the first person to say that Saint's Row kicked GTA's (any of them) ass in every way, but to say you're not impressed and to somehow know that Rockstar somehow ripped off Saint's Row from a minute long trailer that shows no gameplay is ridiculous.

We're getting to the point where, in order for most of you to be impressed, you have to be able to see the dandruff in the dudes frickin' hair. Looks pretty damn good to me.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Your post is mind-boggling. A rip off of Saint's Row? How....huh...what???

I'll be the first person to say that Saint's Row kicked GTA's (any of them) ass in every way, but to say you're not impressed and to somehow know that Rockstar somehow ripped off Saint's Row from a minute long trailer that shows no gameplay is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Visually looks the like a rip of Saints Row.

[quote name='zewone']Not very impressive. Looks like a rip of Saints Row. The ironing is delicious.[/quote]

You got all that from 20 seconds of non-gameplay?

Anyways I am fucking impressed with the atmosphere, the graphics, everything. $60 purchase for me on day 1.

People are having hard time reading the "Looks" part of my post.

[quote name='Sporadic']I'm disappointed to see New York (Liberty City) again.

There are interesting places all over the world, Rockstar.

Pick a new one.[/QUOTE]
Me as well.

Wow, just wow. Its looks gorgeous.

Otherwise we cannot make judgement on a trailer that really didnt show any gameplay mechanics. I love Saints Row but I wont say that its still better. We have a long way to fucking go before anyone starts making comments about how SR is better than this. Its a quick fucking trailer peeps. Wait till the details start pouring in and then make your judgements.

If you guys haven't, noticed the music and the time lapses imagery is adapted from the movie Kyonnosqatsi (which is a Hoppi word for life in turmoil) I recommend watching the movie because it subconsciencly tells you about what terrible things we do to our earth.

Oh and the GTA IV trailer was kinda cool.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']We're getting to the point where, in order for most of you to be impressed, you have to be able to see the dandruff in the dudes frickin' hair. Looks pretty damn good to me.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I think people need a reminder.

Here we are 20 years ago in gaming.

super-mario-bros-dx-big.gif

He we are 10 years ago with PS1

608160.jpg

He we are with Elder Scrolls 4

03_s.jpg

Oh wait I see it now, it does look like shit. :roll:

I love all these people hating it, but know damned well that they'll own a copy. GTA is a great, and fun series.

[quote name='zewone']Visually looks the like a rip of Saints Row.[/QUOTE]

Totally does, you know cause Saints Row was the first sandbox game, not GTA3. :roll: gtfo, certain games are going to like similar espically if they're the same fucking genre.

[quote name='zewone']Visually looks the like a rip of Saints Row.[/QUOTE]

Sorry it takes place in a city, you know, like all the other GTA and sandbox games have?

[quote name='CitizenB']
Totally does, you know cause Saints Row was the first sandbox game, not GTA3. :roll: gtfo, certain games are going to like similar espically if they're the same fucking genre.[/QUOTE]
Hey, stupid, if you read my first post you'd see I said it's ironic since SR took so much from GTA.

Go read a book, step your reading comprehension up.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Sorry it takes place in a city, you know, like all the other GTA and sandbox games have?[/QUOTE]
Because Crackdown and Saints Row look so much alike, I forgot.

bread's done
Back