Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='yukafls']Holy shit, your fucked. There may be a solution, do you usually save at your house or do you have auto save enabled???[/quote]

I save in my house. I've reloaded the mission three times. It always starts out ok, but about half way through, the glitches start appearing.

Try taking the other choice, revenge. Wait, you already saw him die. Man....... I don't know what to say, just play around a bit, don't do the mission right away. Go on a date, hang out with a friend, that way you have some play time in. That probably doesn't make sense, but try it.

[quote name='yukafls']Try taking the other choice, revenge. Wait, you already saw him die. Man....... I don't know what to say, just play around a bit, don't do the mission right away. Go on a date, hang out with a friend, that way you have some play time in. That probably doesn't make sense, but try it.[/quote]

Well, I did save before the big "revenge or cash" choice, so I can always go back. I wanted to see both endings, but it doesn't look like I'll get the chance...

[quote name='yukafls']Try the revenge since it has been fucking up on the Deal one.[/quote]

I've heard the revenge ending is better. I only took the cash to get the half mil achievement anyway ;)

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I've heard the revenge ending is better. I only took the cash to get the half mil achievement anyway ;)[/quote]

Yeah, in a way. I did it and was satisfied
I like having Roman around, and Kate never put out
though I wish I got the achievement. I am going through a second time.

I was able to get the half-million cheesemint a few missions before the last one (picked revenge). I basically just did the storyline missions though.

[quote name='Littlefields']I'm getting stuck on the chase missions. Not any specific mission, just chase missions in general. Any tips?[/quote]

Don't drive to fast.

It always seems the pace of the car your chasing,Is effected by how fast you are driving.

i just stole my first car (moonbeam) for stevie but nothing appears on my map telling me where to take it...what the hell am i doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind...I was mistaking the Garage emblem for a car wash emblem on the map.....

im starting to get sick of this game without a storyline to follow......i forced myself through the stunt jumps and I honestly dont think I will make it through stevie's text cars much less pidgeon hunting....I might start on RSV2

[quote name='Malik112099']i just stole my first car (moonbeam) for stevie[/quote]
That reminds me. Is there something I'm missing with the whole car stealing thing? The first car I stole gave me a picture and an address. For the second car, the only information I have to work with is a picture, which is not enough...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']That reminds me. Is there something I'm missing with the whole car stealing thing? The first car I stole gave me a picture and an address. For the second car, the only information I have to work with is a picture, which is not enough...[/quote]
That's odd. My second car had an address and a picture. If the order of the cars are the same for everyone, your second car should be at the police station.

[quote name='Littlefields']That's odd. My second car had an address and a picture. If the order of the cars are the same for everyone, your second car should be at the police station.[/quote]

I may very well be there. All I got was a description of the car and a picture.

go online and get the maps for the cars for stevie...makes it a lot easier...and no everyone doesn't get the same order for cars....if you are down with the storyline, and are just going for the cars, stevies texts come once every 6 hours, so steal a car and go and save at a safehouse after you drop the car off. When you awake another text will come in.

map
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/juggalo509/Car-Map.png

mini description
Turismo: This will be parked outside of a garage. The car will be locked with a car alarm that will alert the police.

Cavalcade: This will be in a driveway across the street from the hospital. There will be no car alarm, so just make sure there are no police around.

Cognoscenti: This will be parked on the side of the street. There will be a car alarm, but the police do not usually patrol this area, so you should not get a wanted level.

Sentinel: This car will be parked in the parking lot of the Pharte Gas company.

Rancher: This truck will be parked by Liberty State Delivery near the docks. It will be locked, but it won't have an alarm.

Sultan: This car will be in the driveway of a green home. It will be locked with a car alarm.

Dukes: This car will be parked on Vauxite St. It will be locked, but with no car alarm.

NRG 900: This bike will be parked on the corner of Bismark and Topaz streets.

Banshee: This car will be parked on Galveston Avenue, and should not be locked or have an alarm.

Comet: This car will be located in a parking lot between the Burger Shot and the Swingers Golf Club, and will be locked with a car alarm.

Rebla: This car will be on the street near Fanny Crab's, and will be locked with a car alarm.

Coquette: This car will be parked on the street in front of the church, and should not have an alarm or be locked.

$$$gio: This bike will be parked on the street near the Dragon Heart Plaza.

Super GT: This car will be parked on Calcium Street in front of the 69, and is locked with a car alarm.

PMP 600: This car will be parked in an alley by the bank, and will be locked with a car alarm.

Patriot: This truck will be parked on the street corner, and will be locked.

Huntley Sport: This truck will be in the parking lot behind the police station.

Buccaneer: This car can be found in a small parking lot, locked, and with a car alarm.

Moonbeam: The van will be in the large parking lot near the water treatment plant.

Washington: This car wil be parked behind a brick wall near the public pool.

Contender: This car will be in a small parking lot between the Twichin's Sugar factory buildings.

Voodoo: This car will be parked on the street right in front of a building.

Sabre GT: This car will be in the driveway of a home, equipped with a car alarm.

Dilettante: This car will be on the street in front of the Canyon Megaplex.

Manana: This car will be in the parking lot behind the Burger Shot.

Freeway: This bike will be parked on the street in front of the Willis Wash & Lube.

Bobcat: This truck will be on the top roof level of the airport parking ramp.

Intruder: This car will be parked near the LC Transport Authority building.

Infernus: This car will be parked on the street in front of the Pizza Salad restaurant, in full view of the Soldier's Plaza arch.

DF8-90: This car will be parked in the parking lot by the carnival, and will be locked with a car alarm

taken from www.xbox360achievements.org

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69756

if you need the pigeons or stunt jumps or any achievement this site will help a lot.

[quote name='PINKO']Don't drive to fast.

It always seems the pace of the car your chasing,Is effected by how fast you are driving.[/quote]

Definitely true, the trick is to drive fast enough to stay right behind him. When he decides to make a turn ram his rear and shoot him through the windshield. Also, try to pop his tires and then eventually he will run out of his car.

He = person you are chasing down for a mission.

Well I decided to press on with completeing most of the game..I am definatley not going to kill all the pidgeons...fuck that....probably going to finish up the Stevie missions tonight....work on the single player races and start on the most wanted/criminal/police computer missions

I am totally using the vehicle cheats now...once I find out where I need to go I look at it's marked location on my big map I got with the game (went through and marked everything with a sharpie) and then mark it with the gps in game and then spawn a helicopter and just fly there...cuts WAAAAAAAAAAY down on travel time

[quote name='whackyice']umm...i think spawning the annihilator(sp?) disables one achievement[/quote]

when you cheat the game tells you which achievement you have disabled if any.....spawning vehicles does not disable any achievements

BTW completely off-topic but try shooting the Liberty City heart with a RPG. I did it in multiplayer and it made the entire city gray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, thats funny. In single player I started throwing grenades above it and pigeons started dying, it said you have_ pigeons remaining. Then I did it again and it went down.

I'm trying to get to 100% completion, but I'm stuck at 96.67%. I guess I still have a random character or two to meet (the stat screen says I've met 12), since I don't have the achievement yet for meeting them all, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to do. I've done all the main story and procedural missions, delivered all the cars to Stevie, did all the jumps and killed all the flying rats, did 20 vigilante missions and all 30 most wanteds from the police computers, and I've beaten friends at pool, bowling, and darts. I'm pretty sure I've opened all the unique abilities from friends; backup, car bombs, etc.

I've never input a single cheat code, even without saving.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Yeah, I forgot to list that, but I have done all the races as well.

The only other thing I can think of is something to do with friends or dating. Do you need to have everyone liking you to a certain percentage, or do each activity with each friend or something?

Last night I had an email titled something along the lines of "You Won The GTAIV Xbox 360 Contest" and I thought...either this is a scam, or I just hit the jackpot!

I opened the email, and it looked legit, but the kicker is that I only won 1 month of Xbox Live Gold Membership as a sixth place prize.

Talk about disappointment! :)

[quote name='SirMikael']Last night I had an email titled something along the lines of "You Won The GTAIV Xbox 360 Contest" and I thought...either this is a scam, or I just hit the jackpot!

I opened the email, and it looked legit, but the kicker is that I only won 1 month of Xbox Live Gold Membership as a sixth place prize.

Talk about disappointment! :)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Well at least you won something. Congrats.

[quote name='Danimal']Yeah, I forgot to list that, but I have done all the races as well.

The only other thing I can think of is something to do with friends or dating. Do you need to have everyone liking you to a certain percentage, or do each activity with each friend or something?[/quote]

you need to have your remaining friends like you at 90% or higher, and you have to do every available activity with each friend.

A little slighted I chose to kill
Dwayne
over
Playboy

Wish I could have killed them both though...best character by far, so far is Brucie

[quote name='SirMikael']Last night I had an email titled something along the lines of "You Won The GTAIV Xbox 360 Contest" and I thought...either this is a scam, or I just hit the jackpot!

Talk about disappointment! :)[/quote]

Huh, weird, I got the same e-mail, code included. I don't recall entering in any GTA contest.

I'm going to be honest with you guys after playing GTAIV on and off for about 3 months, I never came close to finishing it. I might take another crack at it today.

[quote name='moojuice']Huh, weird, I got the same e-mail, code included. I don't recall entering in any GTA contest.[/quote]
My guess is that we both downloaded some gamer pic that automatically entered us into the contest. I download those all the time, but this was my first win.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Got my 100% Key to the City email :cool:[/quote]

I havent gotten one yet. I got 100% like 3 days before the deadline, but it didnt update on their site till after the deadline.

Just beat it. I had stopped playing for a while.

Two questions:

1) I always just assumed unlocking helicopters would be part of the story, but it wasn't. How do you do that?

2) I'm trying to get the "everyone likes you at least 90%" achievement, but I haven't been able to talk to Dwayne in forever. All I get is his answering machine. How am I supposed to get the achievement if I can't even talk to him anymore?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']When does it say to expect the key?[/quote]It doesn't say as of now. It is a pain in the ass, though, to go through this process and receive the key. Currently, I have to fill in an online contract, print it, sign it, and then choose to either:

1. Scan it and email it back to them.
2. Fax it to them.
3. Send it by letter/carrier pigeon to their NY address.

Just give me the fucking thing already, I don't understand all this hustle and bustle needed to earn the key we should have already gotten by now.

im doing bernies missions right now and i have around 25 hours of play. how far away am i from the end and is it still possible to get the liberty minute achievement?:)

[quote name='wwe101']im doing bernies missions right now and i have around 25 hours of play. how far away am i from the end and is it still possible to get the liberty minute achievement?:)[/quote]

Im not sure bernies missions are something that needs to be done. So if you have other missions, do them instead. But you are pretty close to the end. I think there are 96 missions in all.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']1) I always just assumed unlocking helicopters would be part of the story, but it wasn't. How do you do that?[/QUOTE]

It is part of the story. Do all the missions for the U.L. Paper guy.

As for the second question, I'm wondering why I get nothing but answering machines from Dwayne as well. Have you tried calling him after 12:00 noon? He says he doesn't get up until then. It might be you have to call him during a certain hour.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im not sure bernies missions are something that needs to be done. So if you have other missions, do them instead. But you are pretty close to the end. I think there are 96 missions in all.[/quote]

whos should i be doing? i got bernie 2 of the mcreary brothers and phil bill on my radar. which ones are story?

bread's done
Back