great game, bad ending

[quote name='javeryh']You crazy kids are so spoiled. Endings? What endings? You should be happy to get anything no matter how crappy. Back in my day we had to walk 10 miles barefoot uphill in the snow to get to the local arcade and what did we get for saving the girl from Donkey Kong? We got to do it all over again![/quote]
Actually I'd be more than happy to have no ending instead of endings like Bioshocks... Then I could make up my own ending that would probably have been cooler than what we got.

Beyond Good and Evil. After a hard boss which pissed me off all I got was a hint that a sequel is coming. Great game. Good story. Weak ending.

Was only a mediocre game, but the worst ending ever: FF7: Crysis Core for PSP

More appropriate to the topic: MGS2, BG&E

Putt Putt Saves the Zoo, the ending is so predictable, he
saves the zoo.
8g3uj9cts7.jpg

I say any game that leaves on a cliff-hanger where we don't see the next game for about 5 years. I'm looking at you God of War 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

In fact, add games where there's a cliff-hanger and you'll never see the next game. Devil May Cry 2, while it did suck, left Dante with a good premise. He's going to Hell to kick ass, I want that. Viewtiful Joe 2 left off with them about to finish up the series, but we'll never get to that now that Clover is gone.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Was only a mediocre game, but the worst ending ever: FF7: Crysis Core for PSP
[/quote]

Why's that? I mean, if you played the original game then you would know what was already coming and I guess that would make it not as good but I still think they manage to pull off a good ending.

I know there are some worst endings out there, but for some reason the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 ending disappointed me the most. The previous Vs. endings at least included some cool character endings (like akuma's in xmen vs. street fighter), but they just threw a generic ending out there.

What was worst was unlocking stuff on the console versions, and having to see the same ending repeatedly, ugh. Would have preferred if they just copied and pasted the old characters endings, and just created new endings for the new fighters.

[quote name='Indignate']Why's that? I mean, if you played the original game then you would know what was already coming and I guess that would make it not as good but I still think they manage to pull off a good ending.[/quote]

I didn't play the original FF7. Still, I can't fanthom how anyone could enjoy such a disasterous ending. How could someone play the game, get attached to the main character, and be ok with what happened in the end? I'm not asking for an answer. I don't wanna derail this topic any further.

oh yeah the legacy of kain soul reaver series had a pretty shit ending too since they never fucking finished it!!!!!!!! if possible they should put that whole series together into one mega game and then finally give the series a proper ending. as i recall one of raziels brothers was still alive and after the last game didnt he and kaine team up or something?
i think he became kaines sword.
i think that year was when alot of game companies started to milk their titles by stretching things out.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I didn't play the original FF7. Still, I can't fanthom how anyone could enjoy such a disasterous ending. How could someone play the game, get attached to the main character, and be ok with what happened in the end? I'm not asking for an answer. I don't wanna derail this topic any further.[/quote]
I actually enjoyed the ending a lot more then I thought I would(seeing as I already knew how it would end). I especially loved how that handled the whole thing.

bread's done
Back