Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Yeah, that happened to me a couple years ago with Gamefly. Your card randomly gets declined but works fine other places, you eventually get annoyed and call the credit card people who tell you that your card has a fraud alert because of a charge you made after generating a temporary credit card number to use online, and then you realize THAT'S the reason why Ticketmaster wouldn't let you buy those tickets to the TOOL concert which then immediately sold out.

Thankfully I haven't experienced that problem again.

Shit.

My card is pretty good, the one time something similar happened to me (wasn't GMG, but another gaming site) I got a text message immediately telling me that there was a fraud alert. I had to call the card company, give them some info and the code from the text message and the fraud alert was removed. Took all of 5 minutes before I could use my card again.

I think it was flagged because I made a lot of small purchases in a short period of time.

My card is pretty good, the one time something similar happened to me (wasn't GMG, but another gaming site) I got a text message immediately telling me that there was a fraud alert. I had to call the card company, give them some info and the code from the text message and the fraud alert was removed. Took all of 5 minutes before I could use my card again.

I think it was flagged because I made a lot of small purchases in a short period of time.
Yeah, the reason I was given was that the extra $1 charge that Gamefly (I bought some $8 game or something) does looked like someone testing my card number to see if it was valid. You know, because Gamefly isn't a legitimate company or anything.

In my case they didn't bother to let me know, so when I'd pay for dinner successfully, and then the card wouldn't work at the grocery store, I just figured there was some glitch in the system for a few days.

Until Christmas Eve when I was trying to buy some last minute gift cards and had to return home to get cash instead.

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT'S the reason why Ticketmaster wouldn't let you buy those tickets to the TOOL concert which then immediately sold out.
[customspoiler=Seriously, my condolences man.]
lxll5.gif
[/customspoiler]

Nice deals today. I'm thinking about Kane & lynch pack at $3.39 after voucher (if it still works), but the reviews are too mixed

It works: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN It's alive.

Condemned for $3 is intriguing.

Additional: No controller support. I remember my first time. It was with a gamepad. Fcuk...

The Sleeping Dogs Pack comes out to $12.99 but Square Enix.

Law and Order Adventure game by Telltale is 75% off for $5 or $4 with the discount code. It's Steamworks too.

I'll probably just grab it anyway because it's Telltale but has anyone played it?

Law and Order Adventure game by Telltale is 75% off for $5 or $4 with the discount code. It's Steamworks too.

I'll probably just grab it anyway because it's Telltale but has anyone played it?
I'm thinking on grabbing it for my wife, she loves adventure games. She wanted Criminal Minds, but is not Mac compatible. I played CSI deadly intent (from telltale too) and was great (my opinion may be biased, I love the show)

I've not, though I have been watching for a deal on that one. I just have the feeling that it will end up in the Humble Telltale Bundle 2.

It works: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN It's alive.

Condemned for $3 is intriguing.

Additional: No controller support. I remember my first time. It was with a gamepad. Fcuk...

The Sleeping Dogs Pack comes out to $12.99 but Square Enix.
I played Condemned PC fine w/ KB/mouse - and it felt like your typical first-person game, control-wise.

Only thing - this game's mostly melee based.

Oh - and the combat's awesome.

I still wish they ported Condemned 2 here to the PC... :(

I've not, though I have been watching for a deal on that one. I just have the feeling that it will end up in the Humble Telltale Bundle 2.
Oh u gaiz. I don't know, it seems a bit Big Fish-y casual for a Humble Bundle but who the hell knows and who knows when or if even. Anyway, it's $4 eh and I kind of want to play it now. :p

Warning to y'all cats heading out the door: My CC was temporarily frozen yesterday until I confirmed that it was me who spent $5 at GMG. The charge that propelled them to investigate was the second one:

$2

This is common but it always sucks when you're out and you try to buy shit but you can't actually buy shit.

And the cashier is the one who tells you this.

2cc4b746-e85b-435b-8b69-6bcb369ca2dd_zpsa812ead6.jpg
Was this via paying via CC through GMG directly?

Or via CC via PayPal?

New deals added to OP:

25% off these pre-orders with code: [SIZE=x-large]GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H[/SIZE]

[SIZE=x-small]*This voucher is valid until 1500 UTC August 16th 2013[/SIZE]. Note that some titles will be excluded from vouchers, multiple vouchers cannot be used in conjunction, and that vouchers do not work on bundles or physical versions of games. This voucher is only valid against the above listed titles.

20% off coupon code code: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN
These deals are all available until 1500 UTC August 12th:

New deals added to OP:

25% off these pre-orders with code: [SIZE=x-large]GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H[/SIZE]

[SIZE=x-small]*This voucher is valid until 1500 UTC August 16th 2013[/SIZE]. Note that some titles will be excluded from vouchers, multiple vouchers cannot be used in conjunction, and that vouchers do not work on bundles or physical versions of games. This voucher is only valid against the above listed titles.

20% off coupon code code: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN
These deals are all available until 1500 UTC August 12th:

All of these links are triggering a phishing warning in Firefox and Chrome.

I can enter the voucher... but it won't let me checkout...

"Can you please check your card details and enter them again? Thanks."

even happens with paypal...gerrr

All of these links are triggering a phishing warning in Firefox and Chrome.
There is nothing fishy, someone reported the same thing when I copy pasta'd a bunch of links from GMG as well. It comes from their emails I believe where if you look in the email all their links run through mtrace.greenmangaming.com which I assume then somehow translates into dpbolvw. They link through dpbolvw.net, which is an ad click revenue tracker thingy.

The same thing happens with alot of newegg links and other stores as well

Guess it depends on your security settings, chrome has no issue here with them but apparently some peoples do

-edit

Just did quick search and one of the first references is actually a CAG thread

The CAG site itself is inserting these redirects:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310383-links-in-posts-that-redirect-traffic/

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/86061-support-cag-make-purchases-through-cags-affiliate-links-qa/

They do it for any site they are an affiliate with and through CJ (dpbolvw). Amazon handles affiliate clicks on their own so they appear normal

CC directly.
I've always had problems w/ my bank ordering through CC directly through GMG.

Since that incident - I usually buy CC via Paypal.

I ain't had a problem since, luckily.

[knocks on wood]

Can't speak on if others have had that same kinda luck, buying a game from GMG via Paypal w/ their CC.

I just tried to buy Final Fantasy XIV DCE and it kept saying "oops" after the processing loading screen with my CC. Checked everything over several times. Even switched browsers... NOTHING. I don't have paypal set up and don't want to. I emailed them about the issue. Hope I wasn't charged or anything. Ugh, nothing is ever smooth for me when it comes to ordering online unless it's amazon. Oh well...

I've always had problems w/ my bank ordering through CC directly through GMG.

Since that incident - I usually buy CC via Paypal.

I ain't had a problem since, luckily.

[knocks on wood]

Can't speak on if others have had that same kinda luck, buying a game from GMG via Paypal w/ their CC.
I use to pay with a CC when ordering directly from GMG until my CC # was stolen, then a few days later used to make $97 worth of purchases in 2 different states. One was made at an antique store in West Virginia and the other at an appliance store in Maryland. I only used this specific CC to make 3 purchases at GMG in a span of two weeks, so it wasn't a coincidence. I wasn't terribly annoyed other than having to make a few phone calls: make sure the fraudulent chargers were cleared, wait a week, get a new card, etc...

So now I strictly use PayPal for all of my GMG and foreign purchases, by using either my PayPal balance or via a Bank/AMEX CC linked to PayPal. I haven't had a problem since. :)

I wanna know how many bundles GMG stacked within the past couple of weeks. And how high.

tumblr_lxmwjp104z1r4tm4zo1_500.gif

I use to pay with a CC when ordering directly from GMG until my CC # was stolen, then a few days later used to make $97 worth of purchases in 2 different states. One was made at an antique store in West Virginia and the other at an appliance store in Maryland. I only used this specific CC to make 3 purchases at GMG in a span of two weeks, so it wasn't a coincidence. I wasn't terribly annoyed other than having to make a few phone calls: make sure the fraudulent chargers were cleared, wait a week, get a new card, etc...

So now I strictly use PayPal for all of my GMG and foreign purchases, by using either my PayPal balance or via a Bank/AMEX CC linked to PayPal. I haven't had a problem since. :)
you think that's bad, try having drug charges in florida in 1968 when you were still a sperm. I was born in 1975.

Will green man gaming be able to do the FFXIV pre-order bonus such as moogle hat and early access or no?
When you Pre-Purchase you receive email with a code (also available in your account) and instruction on what to do for the pre order items.

Basically you put your email address and wait for a message from Square Enix near releases.

you think that's bad, try having drug charges in florida in 1968 when you were still a sperm. I was born in 1975.
Wow, that's pretty crazy. A clerical, paper-pushing error I assume?

I would say that beats my all-time fraudulent charge on a non-activated CC that I signed up for to get free stuff when I was around 19. Before I even activated It, which I never intended to in the first place, there was a ~$1200 charge to this Discover card for office furniture in New Jersey. Let's just say the free stuff wasn't worth signing up for in the end. Stupid credit cards. The "free" t-shirt, movie passes and candy roped me in for the kill. :whee:

Any deals going on for BF4 anywhere?
I haven't come across any yet. The only deals out there offer a Free China Rising Premium Expansion Pack but no discounts. Hopefully in September something pops up.

GMG offers the best deal I've seen if you like GMG credit ($12) or cash back ($8).

Wow, that's pretty crazy. A clerical, paper-pushing error I assume?

I would say that beats my all-time fraudulent charge on a non-activated CC that I signed up for to get free stuff when I was around 19. Before I even activated It, which I never intended to in the first place, there was a ~$1200 charge to this Discover card for office furniture in New Jersey. Let's just say the free stuff wasn't worth signing up for in the end. Stupid credit cards. The "free" t-shirt, movie passes and candy roped me in for the kill. :whee:
ouch, when I was 14 living in Houston, someone used my identity to purchase a condo in Florida, my parents were pissed and being a computer nerd (apparently we have super powers to do anything online lol), my parents didn't believe me for awhile (grounded for 3 months). sorry to hear that something similar happened to you though.

Am I getting the pre-order bonus for Payday 2 (prepurchased from GMG)?

I got my pre-order bonus for Rise of the Triad, but i also got that key instantly, while for PD2 i didnt get my key yet so im a little worried

I got my pre-order bonus for Rise of the Triad, but i also got that key instantly, while for PD2 i didnt get my key yet so im a little worried
Looking at GMGs page for Payday 2, I'm not seeing any pre-order bonus. I don't think they are offering one.

I think they said somewhere that you are NOT getting the pre-order bonuses from GMG for Payday 2, that's the only reason I'm probably going to pre-order from Steam.

Picked up Payday 2 for $24. Really was willing to wait for a bigger sale but my friends got it now and there's no point getting it later if they play it now and are done with it by the time I ended up getting it later. 

bread's done
Back