Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='rayne117']Got RO2 for $27.10. Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

I would have paid the difference for you to upgrade to the Deluxe! Anyone else looking at RO2, please PM me!

So apparently, From Dust is playable right now from Capsule, Green Man Gaming's game client. I haven't activated my key yet, so I want to trade it for something of equal value that's activatable on Steam, like Space Pirates and Zombies, Renegade Ops, or something of that nature. I've already bought From Dust and Bastion on Steam. If you're at all interested, please let me know. Again, you get to play it a night before it's released on Steam!

[quote name='Flunkie']So apparently, From Dust is playable right now from Capsule, Green Man Gaming's game client. I haven't activated my key yet, so I want to trade it for something of equal value that's activatable on Steam, like Space Pirates and Zombies, Renegade Ops, or something of that nature. I've already bought From Dust and Bastion on Steam. If you're at all interested, please let me know. Again, you get to play it a night before it's released on Steam![/QUOTE]

Mine still says one day left.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Mine still says one day left.[/QUOTE]
Try to download/install it. There's people on other forums that say it works now.

[quote name='gunstar808']I would have paid the difference for you to upgrade to the Deluxe! Anyone else looking at RO2, please PM me![/QUOTE]

I would have, but for the beta thing I'll just watch the inevitable leaked beta footage. For the guns, I'll just play the game more. For the hats and skins, I don't care about hats and skins... :cool:

i hope dead island is not another mediocre dead rising clone. does anyone notice that GMG looks similar to old steam layout. are they the same company ?

[quote name='gunstar808']I would have paid the difference for you to upgrade to the Deluxe! Anyone else looking at RO2, please PM me![/QUOTE]

you got a special deal for it? ^^

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i hope dead island is not another mediocre dead rising clone. does anyone notice that GMG looks similar to old steam layout. are they the same company ?[/QUOTE]

quite sure they aren't the same company.
though both companies do have some fabulous deals ^^

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Along with the titles that rybrad posted, Renegade Ops is also a Steamworks title.[/QUOTE]
Whoops thanks, forgot about that one. Also Stronghold 3 is another.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i hope dead island is not another mediocre dead rising clone. does anyone notice that GMG looks similar to old steam layout. are they the same company ?[/QUOTE]
Valve and GMG are not the same company or affiliated in anyway.

Hey rybrad, just wanted to let you know that your titles are just fucking great... They get the job done letting me and all CAGs know what's going on. "Green Man Gaming Deals - 20% off code (Dead Island $34; Deus Ex $34; Steamworks)" Genius...

[quote name='atreyuevr']Hey rybrad, just wanted to let you know that your titles are just fucking great... They get the job done letting me and all CAGs know what's going on. "Green Man Gaming Deals - 20% off code (Dead Island $34; Deus Ex $34; Steamworks)" Genius...[/QUOTE]

i agree with this, I wouldn't have bothered reading this thread without that information.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Hey rybrad, just wanted to let you know that your titles are just fucking great... They get the job done letting me and all CAGs know what's going on. "Green Man Gaming Deals - 20% off code (Dead Island $34; Deus Ex $34; Steamworks)" Genius...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A lot of the other threads covering whole companies should be doing this.

Anyway, still debating over Dead Island. Gonna wait and see how the funds look after my paycheck rolls in tonight.

I have been coming to this thread for a while now debating, but I finally decided to nab Dead Island. I am going to have to cancel my 360 preorder from Gamestop next time I am out!

$34 vs $60... can't really even compare!

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Reimu']Skyrim will be using Steamworks, but it's not on GMG yet.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear it will be using Steamworks. Hopefully GMG will carry it and have an awesome deal.

Went ahead and pre-ordered Dead Island for $34 plus conversion fee. Hopefully it and Deus Ex will keep me busy throughout September so I can save for the rush in October/November!

Just as an update, no new daily deal today. I wouldn't expect any new deals until they do weekend deals late tomorrow.

Gonna keep my eye on Dead Island, might pre-order it as well but I dunno. Its a great deal but I already have Deus ex coming out next week and Space marine two weeks after.

Edit: Is Dead Island a steamworks game?

[quote name='Terlan']Gonna keep my eye on Dead Island, might pre-order it as well but I dunno. Its a great deal but I already have Deus ex coming out next week and Space marine two weeks after.

Edit: Is Dead Island a steamworks game?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='Bierno']so deux ex has promo items for TF2.. does this count retail and other Digital sellers too?[/QUOTE]
I doubt it as they are using that to incentivize people to buy on Steam not just register the game on Steam. That conjecture is apocryphal on my part though so someone else may have better info.

In other news, it looks like preloading has started on Steam so I will see if I can bug GMG to find out when they are sending keys out.

Edit: I compared Space Marine to DX preorder bonuses. Space Marine says Steam Exclusive Pre-Purchase Offer and DX says Team Fortress 2 Pre-Purchase Offer so that just muddies the water further.

Well, considering that we got the hats for GMG Red Orchestra 2 keys, I'd say it's definitely possible that we also get the items. I wouldn't count on it, though.

[quote name='wilflare']I read on GAF that the RO2 TF2 bonuses were given (even if you purchased it outside of Steam.. so i'm not exactly sure too[/QUOTE]
Really, who did you hear that from? :p

[quote name='Flunkie']Really, who did you hear that from? :p[/QUOTE]

yes Flunkie, someone mentioned but bleh. let me check..
IT'S YOU FLUNKIE

[quote name='Flunkie']Hey, Red Orchestra hats worked with the GMG preorder, maybe we can hope..

I guess we'll see soon. The keys should be out any day now.[/QUOTE]

I really hope I wake up to some Steam codes in the morning!!

Just a heads up to those on the fence; it seems they drop the discount when the game is released, so this will be the last weekend to get the "preorder discount."

Did anyone who purchased this register it on Steam yet? If you did, did you get the items for TF2? If so, Boss, if not, fart.

RO2 doesn't mention anything on the GMG page about TF2 gear. With that being the case it does seem likely people will get them DX.

Also as Mattcube64 mentioned, the price for DX will go up 15% after release but the 20% off code will still work. I will update the OP and title tomorrow with the weekend deals so hopefully last minute folks will notice.

[quote name='rybrad']RO2 doesn't mention anything on the GMG page about TF2 gear. With that being the case it does seem likely people will get them DX.

Also as Mattcube64 mentioned, the price for DX will go up 15% after release but the 20% off code will still work. I will update the OP and title tomorrow with the weekend deals so hopefully last minute folks will notice.[/QUOTE]

Regular RO2 doesn't come with the items. The Digital Deluxe does.

[quote name='lito88']Regular RO2 doesn't come with the items. The Digital Deluxe does.[/QUOTE]
The GMG page mentions nothing about the TF2 items though, just the Killing Floor ones.

[quote name='Flunkie']The GMG page mentions nothing about the TF2 items though, just the Killing Floor ones.[/QUOTE]
Odd. Could of sworn it said it came with TF2 hats. Maybe there is hope?

[quote name='lito88']Odd. Could of sworn it said it came with TF2 hats. Maybe there is hope?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it did at some point, then they removed it after some people said they didn't get theirs, then was prettymuch confirmed on GMG support that you wouldn't get either the KF items or TF2 items, then then they released the keys and it turned out that you could get them after all.

*shrugs*

Deus Ex keys were sent out today but if you try to use it on Steam it will not activate until Tuesday. The error message is "This product is already owned". They are also unsure about the TF2 items...

[quote name='GMG']Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date.

Oh and for those asking about TF2 items - we're not sure yet. As soon as I get a key myself, I load up TF2 and let you know! /Rob[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty ticked. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is to me. I have a crappy connection, and this bumps me from playing Monday night until Tuesday night. I could midnight release it and have a disc/box and play much sooner.

Might be insisting on a refund.... Gonna "sleep on it."

I just bit on the Dues Ex deal, the possibility of TF2 items made it irresitable. I put in the key then restarted steam and am now preloading.

My key just activated too. People might want to try their keys, YMMV.

Edit: Preload windows says it includes 8 awesome TF2 items, I will install TF2 and check if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Still waiting on my key as well.

Excellent news either way, was hoping to be able to pre-load the game. TF2 items are just icing.

EDIT:
got my key, am pre-loading now

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back